Machines vs LV426

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
In an alternate ending, the Colonial Marines completely failed, with no survivors (Bane voice). LV426 stands completely intact, and infested.

Hicks however managed to send out a video message to CM Headquarters.

CM are not authorized to destroy the installation with a nuke, only to clear out the hive. They are aware of Weyland Corp trying to capture a Xenomorph for further "studies" and intend to exterminate all Xenomorphs. CM are taking no risks, they are sending in Machines where humans failed.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8ae00c94dd07c07ea1072d0566fc1643/tumblr_n5tkznUqvw1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Can this team succeed?

1. T-850 Terminator (Team leader)
2. Robocop (2014)
3. Robocop (original)
4. War Machine - Empty, Controlled by Jarvis AI (flight disabled).
5. Ravage (Transformers).
6. Bishop (non combat).

Once they land, they establish a bunker guarded by two Sentry guns with 100,000 rounds. The bunker serves as a weapons cache as well as repair station.

Bishop has learned all machine and repair instructions.

All machines have standard equipment.

All characters are aware of Xenomorph profiles.

Assume Xenomorph numbers are 10x what was visibly seen in the movie.

Machines cannot critically damage the infrastructure, this is hardcoded into their programming.

Machines will have a tactical approach, it is not do-or-die. They have 3 days to complete their mission.

Can they completely clear out LV426?

RJ 2.0
Nope.

Placidity
This thread was inspired by the Sentry gun scene.

None of the swarming Xenomorphs could get passed/near it. I'm thinking some of the machines here have the same level of aim and fire. Not impossible.

thanos-prime
What would be standard equipment for the original Robocop, Does that include his machinegun arm or jet pack?

Robtard
They clear the hive

Psychotron
The machines can do it if they keep the Aliens at a distance otherwise that acid blood with f*ck them up. Its hard to choose as Robocop and the Terminator dont do bother to dodge and the Xenos are much faster, which means they could easily swarm them. I guess if they screw up the T-850 can just nuke everything.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Placidity
This thread was inspired by the Sentry gun scene.

None of the swarming Xenomorphs could get passed/near it. I'm thinking some of the machines here have the same level of aim and fire. Not impossible. The sentries in Aliens were placed at the end of narrow hallways. Not here.

The Aliens will swarm the machines and acid blood will do all the work.

Placidity
Originally posted by thanos-prime
What would be standard equipment for the original Robocop, Does that include his machinegun arm or jet pack?

Hm yea, unless its too overpowered.

Don't think he would do too much with the jet pack indoors though.

Placidity
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
The sentries in Aliens were placed at the end of narrow hallways. Not here.

The Aliens will swarm the machines and acid blood will do all the work.

That is true, but that is also why I included 5 combat members. Most of the spaces can be used to bottleneck Xeno's. As per OP, they will be tactical.

RJ 2.0
That is true, but that is also why I included 5 combat members. Most of the spaces can be used to bottleneck Xeno's. As per OP, they will be tactical. The Xenos aren't idiots. There are 10x the number as in the movie and they will learn to avoid the sentries.

Khazra Reborn
War Machine could hang out in the air and molest thousands of Xenos relatively uncontested. On a side note, seeing Ravage brawl with the Queen would be pretty awesome.

Psychotron
Someone didn't read the OP.

Khazra Reborn
sad

RJ 2.0
The sentry guns will be a factor, but not much of one. 100,000 rounds? Watch this:

HQDy-5IQvuU

Each sentry gun starts out with 500 rounds. In Aliens, the guns weren't that accurate and they were slow in their tracking. It took (and this is just a guesstimate) 30 to 40 rounds to kill a single Xeno. Now, with 500,000 rounds: 500,000 by 40ish rounds per Xeno, that's 12,500 dead Xenos. But here's the kicker: Each sentry gun holds only 500 rounds. The machines will have to reload each sentry gun. 500 rounds by 40ish rounds per Xeno, that's 12.5 dead Xenos per reload. Give or take a few. Now, odds are that during a reload, the Xenos will swarm and disable the sentry guns.

So yeah, the sentry guns are not as effective as one would think.

Placidity
The sentry guns will be a factor, but not much of one. 100,000 rounds? Watch this:

HQDy-5IQvuU

Each sentry gun starts out with 500 rounds. In Aliens, the guns weren't that accurate and they were slow in their tracking. It took (and this is just a guesstimate) 30 to 40 rounds to kill a single Xeno. Now, with 500,000 rounds: 500,000 by 40ish rounds per Xeno, that's 12,500 dead Xenos. But here's the kicker: Each sentry gun holds only 500 rounds. The machines will have to reload each sentry gun. 500 rounds by 40ish rounds per Xeno, that's 12.5 dead Xenos per reload. Give or take a few. Now, odds are that during a reload, the Xenos will swarm and disable the sentry guns.

So yeah, the sentry guns are not as effective as one would think.

The sentry guns in the thread don't need to be reloaded wink

Hm, why so focused on the sentry guns? They are only for bunker protection. Either way, Aliens will stop attacking long before the ammo runs out - as in the movie, the Xenos have no idea what the ammo situation is and will back off.

RJ 2.0
The sentry guns in the thread don't need to be reloaded wink

Hm, why so focused on the sentry guns? They are only for bunker protection. Either way, Aliens will stop attacking long before the ammo runs out - as in the movie, the Xenos have no idea what the ammo situation is and will back off. You can't take a weapon and alter it. A sentry gun holds 500 rounds, not 500,000. When a thread is made and it says, for example, "Dude has a beretta 9mm with infinite ammo" it means he has infinite reloads. Taking a weapon and altering it from what was seen in the movie doesn't fly.

So my point stands. And yeah, the Xenos will back off and find another point of entry.

Placidity
You can't take a weapon and alter it. A sentry gun holds 500 rounds, not 500,000. When a thread is made and it says, for example, "Dude has a beretta 9mm with infinite ammo" it means he has infinite reloads. Taking a weapon and altering it from what was seen in the movie doesn't fly.

No in the movie, Hicks forgot to fully load the Sentry gun. This is shown in a deleted scene, before the leave their space station. In this scene it specifically states Sentry guns can hold up to 1,000,000 rounds.

Game over, game over man.

So my point stands.

Lets be serious. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You said Xenos would swarm the sentry guns. I said Xenos would stop that tactic before even 500 rounds run out. Then you made ANOTHER point that Xenos would find another point of entry. So no, your original point does not stand.

Xenos will back off and find another point of entry.

The bunker is secure. There is no other point of entry.

You seem to think the mission is for the machines to hide in their bunker behind their sentry guns. Please re-read the OP. I tried to nudge you in the right direction, but if you won't take gentle instruction, I will have to take out the rake.

RJ 2.0
No in the movie, Hicks forgot to fully load the Sentry gun. This is shown in a deleted scene, before the leave their space station. In this scene it specifically states Sentry guns can hold up to 1,000,000 rounds.

Game over, game over man.

Lets be serious. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You said Xenos would swarm the sentry guns. I said Xenos would stop that tactic before even 500 rounds run out. Then you made ANOTHER point that Xenos would find another point of entry. So no, your original point does not stand.

The bunker is secure. There is no other point of entry.

You seem to think the mission is for the machines to hide in their bunker behind their sentry guns. Please re-read the OP. I tried to nudge you in the right direction, but if you won't take gentle instruction, I will have to take out the rake.

Fail. Observe: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/UA_571-C_Automated_Sentry_Gun

There's my proof, post the scene or concede.

I said they would swarm between reloads. Obviously if the gun stops firing the Xeno's will seize the opportunity.

I read the OP, we got sidetracked by the sentry gun argument, which I won.

Placidity
Fail. Observe: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/UA_571-C_Automated_Sentry_Gun

There's my proof, post the scene or concede.

I said they would swarm between reloads. Obviously if the gun stops firing the Xeno's will seize the opportunity.

I read the OP, we got sidetracked by the sentry gun argument, which I won.

Are you retarded?

Do you not even understand the scene you posted?

The Xenos will stop attacking before 500 rounds run out, because it is not effective and they don't know the ammo situation. So they will stop coming into proximity of the guns. Therefore the guns will STOP firing because there are no targets.

You just said once the guns stop firing, they will "seize the opportunity". Do you even logic?

Going by the movie, Xenos will stop attacking when there are still 250 rounds left in both sentries, therefore they WON'T have to reload.

You lose.

And in this thread, they don't have to reload. Read the OP. You claim its ambiguous, I made it clear to you what I meant, you still want to troll - Go make your own damn thread and f*ck off.

Your whole understanding of the topic is retarded, it can be summed by this statement:

The Xenos aren't idiots. There are 10x the number as in the movie and they will learn to avoid the sentries.

First you say they will learn to avoid it, and rightly so, then you don't want to lose face so you want to defend to the death that the Xenos will overwhelm the sentries.

But somehow, you missed the point, that I've pointed out to you repeatedly, is that the machines are there to hunt and wipe out the bugs, not sit and chat behind the sentries, and waste the 3 days they need to complete the mission.

https://jaypgreene.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/hudson-aliens.jpg

Placidity
You can't take a weapon and alter it. A sentry gun holds 500 rounds, not 500,000. When a thread is made and it says, for example, "Dude has a beretta 9mm with infinite ammo" it means he has infinite reloads. Taking a weapon and altering it from what was seen in the movie doesn't fly.

Point me to this rule that you are talking about.

Oh wait, you just made it up because you are losing.

Robtard
shots fired!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/GFO106/emot-a2m.gif

RJ 2.0
Are you retarded?

Do you not even understand the scene you posted?

The Xenos will stop attacking before 500 rounds run out, because it is not effective and they don't know the ammo situation. So they will stop coming into proximity of the guns. Therefore the guns will STOP firing because there are no targets.

You just said once the guns stop firing, they will "seize the opportunity". Do you even logic?

Going by the movie, Xenos will stop attacking when there are still 250 rounds left in both sentries, therefore they WON'T have to reload.

You lose.

And in this thread, they don't have to reload. Read the OP. You claim its ambiguous, I made it clear to you what I meant, you still want to troll - Go make your own damn thread and f*ck off.

Your whole understanding of the topic is retarded, it can be summed by this statement:

First you say they will learn to avoid it, and rightly so, then you don't want to lose face so you want to defend to the death that the Xenos will overwhelm the sentries.

But somehow, you missed the point, that I've pointed out to you repeatedly, is that the machines are there to hunt and wipe out the bugs, not sit and chat behind the sentries, and waste the 3 days they need to complete the mission.

https://jaypgreene.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/hudson-aliens.jpg

I missed nothing, dude. As I said, we got sidetracked with the sentry gun argument. In fact, you are to blame for this. You opened a can of worms with "1,000,000 rounds ftw" and I spanked your little hiney blue.

You need to calm down. Take a pill, change your tampon. Do something.

As for the machines entering the hive, they take out a shitload of Xenos before succumbing to acid.

Any questions?

RJ 2.0
iUZCZ60gv18

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.