The REAL Super Saiyan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
When the Super Saiyan was first introduced, it was said to be the strongest in the universe, and Goku was the legendary Super Saiyan. Yet many characters soon appeared that were much stronger than the Super Saiyan, and then all the other Saiyans began to transform, even the half-saiyans. It appeared it wasn't a big deal; just a natural genetic ability that strong members of the Saiyan race could achieve. Super Saiyan 2 was just an extension of this form, and Broly was just a mutant of his race, like Frieza was of his. Super Saiyan 3 is utilizing a saiyans full potential, and again another extension. Super Saiyan God is something separate all together. So is their a real legendary super saiyan? Yes. Super Saiyan 4, or the true super saiyan. When Vegeta spoke of the legend, a golden oozaru appeared in his flashback. That saiyan was able to transform to a higher level, but couldn't properly control his power and destroyed himself. However, Goku was the one. He was able to get control of himself, and become the true Super Saiyan. With his unique appearance and generally unparalleled power, THAT I believe is the one of legend... Thoughts?

juggerman
Broly wins

Reflassshh
Broly smash puny monkey

Damborgson
Broly is the true legend. His Legendary transformation roughly puts him on par with a super saiyan 2, and if Gohan was indeed a super saiyan 2 when he fought him, he's even more beastly.

SSJ4 can go **** itself.

Dramatic Gecko
You are all retards. Broly and Super Saiyan 4 are non-canon wank stains.

Time Immemorial
It was stated by Goku that Super Saijen 3 was the "legendary Super Saijen" when he was showing Bills his powers on King Kai's planet.

Dramatic Gecko
Didn't he say: "I am the one you've been waiting for! The Legendary Super Saiyan 3!"

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko

^ This.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
It was stated by Goku that Super Saijen 3 was the "legendary Super Saijen" when he was showing Bills his powers on King Kai's planet.

Um... No it wasn't.

He said he was the one Bills was looking for, and was then clearly disproven with a two-shot victory for Bills.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
When the Super Saiyan was first introduced, it was said to be the strongest in the universe, and Goku was the legendary Super Saiyan. Yet many characters soon appeared that were much stronger than the Super Saiyan, and then all the other Saiyans began to transform, even the half-saiyans. It appeared it wasn't a big deal; just a natural genetic ability that strong members of the Saiyan race could achieve. Super Saiyan 2 was just an extension of this form, and Broly was just a mutant of his race, like Frieza was of his. Super Saiyan 3 is utilizing a saiyans full potential, and again another extension. Super Saiyan God is something separate all together. So is their a real legendary super saiyan? Yes. Super Saiyan 4, or the true super saiyan. When Vegeta spoke of the legend, a golden oozaru appeared in his flashback. That saiyan was able to transform to a higher level, but couldn't properly control his power and destroyed himself. However, Goku was the one. He was able to get control of himself, and become the true Super Saiyan. With his unique appearance and generally unparalleled power, THAT I believe is the one of legend... Thoughts?

Um... No offense, but everything you just pointed out was pointless conjecture.

1. In Vegeta's flashback, a black and white image of a random Saiyan's silouhette was shown. This is because the manga has no color. A golden hugh was added in the anime, but that was simply to add buildup for Super Saiyan itself.

In DB/DBZ cannon, there is no such thing as a "Golden Oozaru". GT was made by Toei, not Toriyama.

2. SSJG is likely the closest thing to the "legendary" Super Saiyan that there is, given that it was said to have occurred back when Saiyan's were first born, and that fits well with the legend of SSJ, and explains why no one else could attain it.

3. Imho, I think that SSJ1 WAS the legendary Super Saiyan. It was a transformation not seen in the Saiyan race for centuries, and it was activated through pure, emotional intensity. For most Saiyan's, emotions in general were alien, as they were a warrior race in the first place. Vegeta attained it through sheer pride, and only because he decided to train for once, just because he knew it WAS attainable, and that he could reach it. It was otherwise also very uncommon for Saiyan's to train, outside of what they are taught while maturing. This is because they can simply overpower most of the enemies they have to fight, and if they can't, then they always have Great ape, which makes things almost too easy, assuming they don't accidentally kill each other too.

Anyway, my point is that this thread doesn't really have a point. Just saiyan'.

Damborgson

Having a waste of space like Go get agree with you doesn't help your comment, which is already easily ignorable.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by Damborgson
Having a waste of space like Go get agree with you doesn't help your comment, which is already easily ignorable.

You sound awfully butthurt for someone who's ignoring my post.

I'm just saiyan that Broly never actually happened. Its not that much of a loss, I'm pretty sure the complexity of his character stopped at "Kakarrot wouldn't let me sleep as a baby... I MUST HAVE REVENGE!" Behold the Legendary Super Saiyan. laughing

Damborgson
You sound awfully butthurt for someone who's ignoring my post.

I'm just saiyan that Broly never actually happened. Its not that much of a loss, I'm pretty sure the complexity of his character stopped at "Kakarrot wouldn't let me sleep as a baby... I MUST HAVE REVENGE!" Behold the Legendary Super Saiyan. laughing

Well, not your post, your opinion really. I have to respond to something of course.

laughing out loud True. But if you at any point watched Dragonball for the complexity, you are watching the wrong show, or reading the wrong Manga. It's a fighting story with multiple plot holes, and its beautiful regardless.

bbrem123
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

2. SSJG is likely the closest thing to the "legendary" Super Saiyan that there is, given that it was said to have occurred back when Saiyan's were first born, and that fits well with the legend of SSJ, and explains why no one else could attain it.

3. Imho, I think that SSJ1 WAS the legendary Super Saiyan. It was a transformation not seen in the Saiyan race for centuries, and it was activated through pure, emotional intensity.
this^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.