Blackbolt vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zom1967
I checked it on search,so I hope this is a good battle?I think this could be a good fight,also doe`s anyone think Blackbolt`s max scream could damage Thor`s hammer at close range?

Super-flare
Thor.

Surtur
Why does if his scream could damage Thor's hammer matter? His scream would turn Thor himself into goo. Even if the hammer was just fine afterwards, there would be nobody around to use it.

zom1967
You have a good point there my friend.I thought maybe thor`s hammer could absorb some of the blast,but it seems unlikely!

carver9
They are add fought and Thor won.

zom1967
I don`t know when this happened/But did he take Blackbolt`s scream.And is there a book and issue # available,thanks.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Surtur
Why does if his scream could damage Thor's hammer matter? His scream would turn Thor himself into goo. Even if the hammer was just fine afterwards, there would be nobody around to use it. If Thor uses it as a shield, his person will be fine. It creates a field of protection for the user of he wants it to.

zom1967
Well against Blackbolt`s loudest scream,Thor would need that protection.Thanos took it but his durability is off the charts,then I heard this Blackbolt was a skrull so I don`t know if he had the real Blackbolt`s power?

Insane Titan
The black bolt Thanos crushed wasnt a skrull

Surtur
Originally posted by Damborgson
If Thor uses it as a shield, his person will be fine. It creates a field of protection for the user of he wants it to.

The problem is his shields haven't tanked anything on the level of Blackbolt's scream, unless you have some specific feats that say otherwise.

krisblaze
The problem is his shields haven't tanked anything on the level of Blackbolt's scream, unless you have some specific feats that say otherwise.
His hammer can absorb it.

Not that "the scream" is that powerful.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze
His hammer can absorb it.

Not that "the scream" is that powerful.

What did his hammers absorb on the same level, out of curiosity?

krisblaze
What did his hammers absorb on the same level, out of curiosity?
Kang's Null Bomb.

Which is not on the same level but rather far, far more powerful.

Surtur
Kang's Null Bomb.

Which is not on the same level but rather far, far more powerful.

How powerful was the null bomb? What level of destruction was it shown causing?

krisblaze
How powerful was the null bomb? What level of destruction was it shown causing?
Destroy a galaxy.

Insane Titan
It was universal+ iirc, but Thor doesn't go around absorbing strong blasts constantly

krisblaze
Originally posted by Insane Titan
It was universal+ iirc, but Thor doesn't go around absorbing strong blasts constantly
That was that other feat I think.

Where contained the explosion that would've destroyed 1/5th of the universe.

Surtur
Destroy a galaxy.

Okay are you talking about the feat where he supposedly absorbed a bomb that would destroy a galaxy or 1/5 of a galaxy or something? Because I've seen people mention the feat before, but I've also seen people downplay it by saying the bomb never actually went off, or something to that affect.

Or is this a different feat?

krisblaze
Okay are you talking about the feat where he supposedly absorbed a bomb that would destroy a galaxy or 1/5 of a galaxy or something? Because I've seen people mention the feat before, but I've also seen people downplay it by saying the bomb never actually went off, or something to that affect.

Or is this a different feat?

Two feats, like I mentioned to Titan above.

Thor expelled the energy from the nullbomb as harmlessly as he best could and it was still planetary. There's no point in trying to dispute that particular feat anyways, as it they made a point out of the bomb's destructive capabilities so many times in that arc.

But yeah, there's no doubt that Thor could absorb whatever Black Bolt throws at him.

You'd be much better off arguing that wouldn't do it, rather than that he couldn't do it.

Branlor Swift

Or is this a different feat? The Death bomb feat that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe was the one. There were 5 bombs, each one meant to destroy a 5th of the universe. And we saw one destroy a 5th.

The issue with that is that Thor contained the bomb while he was inside and it killed the shit out of him too.

abhilegend
Thor absorbed the God bomb with Mjolnir. Bolt has nothing on that level. Originally posted by Surtur
Why does if his scream could damage Thor's hammer matter? His scream would turn Thor himself into goo. Even if the hammer was just fine afterwards, there would be nobody around to use it.
Turn Thor into goo? Namor tanked a point blank scream to the face and was only koed for a few moments.

zom1967
When was that my friend,not that i doubt what you said?

krisblaze
Originally posted by zom1967
Just recently in Avengers

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by zom1967

Like Kris said quite recently.

Here is 2 images. One where he is screamed at then the aftermath when he is blown off the platform and lands on the ground.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/22576244_1.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/22576248_2.jpg

Damborgson

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir101-Field291.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by abhilegend
Turn Thor into goo? Namor tanked a point blank scream to the face and was only koed for a few moments.

He has KO'ed Hulk with but a whisper. He has caused Gladiator pain with just whispers. So either Namor recently got a massively huge power increase, or Blackbolt got massively downgraded lately, or the feat is just bad writing.

Unless you truly feel Namor is just *that* much more durable then Hulk and Gladiator.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir101-Field291.jpg

Is that supposed to be Odin he is fighting? You feel Odin is going all out there?

Damborgson
Considering he was attempting to kill Thor in that fight, it probably was a fairly powerful blast.

Surtur
Considering he was attempting to kill Thor in that fight, it probably was a fairly powerful blast.

Odin has destroyed galaxies as a side effect to his fights. Bearing that in mind, you don't feel if he truly wanted Thor dead..that he would be dead?

krisblaze
I'm pretty sure that Odin, when using Gungnir, will be able to focus his energies so that they do not lay waste to all life around him.

That said, Thor was losing that fight badly.

Whether Odin was going all out or whatever isn't that important, since Odin's so far beyond BB.

Damborgson
Odin has destroyed galaxies as a side effect to his fights. Bearing that in mind, you don't feel if he truly wanted Thor dead..that he would be dead? you think Odin would destroy a galaxy to kill Thor lol? I guess Thor would easily contain it with one of his 1/5 universe saving whirlwind?

The point is Thor blocked a concentrated blast from Odin through gungir.

Damborgson
And yes, Odin eventually haf Thor dead to rights in that fight.

Surtur
I'm not saying Odin would destroy a galaxy to kill Thor. I was giving you an example of the type of firepower the guy throws around. If he was trying to kill Thor, Thor would be dead, unless you feel he can shield himself from attacks of that magnitude? Doesn't matter if it's concentrated in a small area what matters is the amount of power behind it. I'm not saying he couldn't waste Thor without destroying the surroundings, I'm merely saying that if he wanted Thor dead there wouldn't of been a damn thing Thor should of been actually able to do about it, given how far out of his weight class Odin is.

abhilegend
He has KO'ed Hulk with but a whisper. He has caused Gladiator pain with just whispers. So either Namor recently got a massively huge power increase, or Blackbolt got massively downgraded lately, or the feat is just bad writing.

Unless you truly feel Namor is just *that* much more durable then Hulk and Gladiator.

Is that supposed to be Odin he is fighting? You feel Odin is going all out there?
Or just maybe power scaling doesn't work that way in comics. I have no issues with the scream koing Thor, killing him though? Nope.

Damborgson
I'm not saying Odin would destroy a galaxy to kill Thor. I was giving you an example of the type of firepower the guy throws around. If he was trying to kill Thor, Thor would be dead, unless you feel he can shield himself from attacks of that magnitude? Doesn't matter if it's concentrated in a small area what matters is the amount of power behind it. I'm not saying he couldn't waste Thor without destroying the surroundings, I'm merely saying that if he wanted Thor dead there wouldn't of been a damn thing Thor should of been actually able to do about it, given how far out of his weight class Odin is.

Well, okay I guess.

Surtur
Or just maybe power scaling doesn't work that way in comics. I have no issues with the scream koing Thor, killing him though? Nope.

I'm sorry, but if a mere whisper takes out Hulk, why is a scream not killing Thor? If a mere whisper causes Gladiator pain, why is a full on scream not killing Thor?

Thor is not massively more durable then either of those characters. He'd need to be for you to say a scream would just KO him. Same for Namor, either his durability just massively shot up, or it's nonsense.

krisblaze
It's not a fun situation, but us Black Bolt fans just have to own up to the reality of his scream not being as powerful as it was built up to be.

As is, it's barely more powerful than his whisper.

Surtur
Or it was just, you know, bad writing. I'm not even a fan of the character, I could take him or leave him. Doesn't mean I'm going to lowball him though.

abhilegend
I'm sorry, but if a mere whisper takes out Hulk, why is a scream not killing Thor? If a mere whisper causes Gladiator pain, why is a full on scream not killing Thor?

Thor is not massively more durable then either of those characters. He'd need to be for you to say a scream would just KO him. Same for Namor, either his durability just massively shot up, or it's nonsense.
For all those times, there is also scenes like fantastic four tanking his scream or midnight sun tanking his whisper.

He whispered in Gladiator's ear who has super hearing. And Hulk has been taken out by some silly attacks in that Era. Wrecker oneshotted him while power sharing FFS.

I would like to know who has been killed by the scream because it's pretty underwhelming for its hype.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir is more then capable of blocking the scream. With that out of the equation, it's Thor's fight to lose.

Surtur
For all those times, there is also scenes like fantastic four tanking his scream or midnight sun tanking his whisper.

He whispered in Gladiator's ear who has super hearing. And Hulk has been taken out by some silly attacks in that Era. Wrecker oneshotted him while power sharing FFS.

I would like to know who has been killed by the scream because it's pretty underwhelming for its hype.

So you just kind of hand waved the Gladiator and Hulk feats aside with really lame explanations.

krisblaze
Or it was just, you know, bad writing. I'm not even a fan of the character, I could take him or leave him. Doesn't mean I'm going to lowball him though.
How'd you figure?

His scream has like 2 showings.

Hurting Thanos and hurting Namor.

Which is more or less what you'd expect of his whisper.

Branlor Swift
He knocked out Namor and Iron Man at half power with seemingly a whisper in Infinity. It was a longer KO but then again a KO is a KO. You're going to get up eventually, and the time it takes usually (in real life anyway) isn't proof of how hard it was.

abhilegend
So you just kind of hand waved the Gladiator and Hulk feats aside with really lame explanations.
Just like you waved namor tanking the scream away?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He knocked out Namor and Iron Man at half power with seemingly a whisper in Infinity. It was a longer KO but then again a KO is a KO. You're going to get up eventually, and the time it takes usually (in real life anyway) isn't proof of how hard it was.

He more or less took out Iron Man and a few others with a whisper in Silent War.

Still, the scream...

Damborgson
With the power his whispers produce, it would make sense his scream atomized most opponents. Sadly...

Branlor Swift
Well you can't have him killing Namor. Arguing that someone should die instead of being koed doesn't really fly

Damborgson
Why?

krisblaze
Well you can't have him killing Namor. Arguing that someone should die instead of being koed doesn't really fly
I generally agree but the damage was really minor.

Less than his whispers generally.

Branlor Swift
Why? Because a KO ends a fight just like a kill. Are you going to go into h1 grounds of vaporizing someone just to figure out that sure that feat meets up to my expectations? Writers aren't thinking "Oh no we can't have Namor just napping from an attack of that magnitude, erase him!"
Sure it's nice to watch someone get vaped but it's unrealistic to have that expectation everytime it happens. And it's Namor too. You can't have him going like that.

And just because his scream only ko'ed Namor that doesn't mean a downgrade or a complete look at his prior history is needed. It's still going to kablooey the same amount of shit.

Namor got a high feat and still got slept. Not much more needs to be said about it.

I generally agree but the damage was really minor.

Less than his whispers generally. You need Namor intact to make great expressions at his "demise"

ShadowFyre
The writers would have to invent a new character every day to keep up.

ShadowFyre
Like another Thor fan said, I have no problem with a scream knocking the Odinson out but to say he has never taken anything like that is ridiculous and I don't see Boltagon or many other high heralds taking blasts from Odin, Celestials, Glory,Gorr, etc like Thor with or without Mjolnir has.

BB is a badass and I honestly consider the whisper/scream one of the most devastating attacks out of the majority of the heralds weight class simply because how quick and effective it can be used.
I think of it as quite a bit more powerful thanThors lightning but.far below the Godblast, Winds of.a.thousand worlds, dimension dumping a star on your face etc

zom1967
I don`t know I look at blackbolt at the things level,but with that powerful voice which puts at silver surfer level.(but I admit the Surfer has been getting no respect recently).So blackbolt at max level could ko Thor if he`s not ready for it,but it would just make Thanos madder!

Damborgson
Because a KO ends a fight just like a kill. Are you going to go into h1 grounds of vaporizing someone just to figure out that sure that feat meets up to my expectations? Writers aren't thinking "Oh no we can't have Namor just napping from an attack of that magnitude, erase him!"
Sure it's nice to watch someone get vaped but it's unrealistic to have that expectation everytime it happens. And it's Namor too. You can't have him going like that.

And just because his scream only ko'ed Namor that doesn't mean a downgrade or a complete look at his prior history is needed. It's still going to kablooey the same amount of shit.

Namor got a high feat and still got slept. Not much more needs to be said about it.

Ok. I see what you're saying.

zom1967
This is why I hate marvel having this class 100 level.In one bio it says Blackbolt can lift 10 tons(the same as Spiderman,are you kidding me!)but if he channels his voice power through his antenna he can lift a whole 60 tons.That just sounds asinine,I`m sure he is far up the 100 ton scale after that.Maybe even thousands of tons!Makes more scence to me at least!

Golgo13
Thor.

zom1967
Originally posted by Golgo13
Thor. That`s all good if you think Thor would win ,but please give a reason!

Khazra Reborn
Thor beat Black a Bolt on panel, quite badly IIRC.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

zom1967
Honestly I can`t see what you posted,But did Thor have the Odin power,or was he at regular power at the time.I have a hard time seeing even regular Thor tanking Blackbolt`s max scream!

Stoic
Why are people talking about screaming? BB would put a major hurting on just about anyone, if he were to just stand there and verbally complain about how effed up it was that he has always had to shut the fug up all of his life. He would tear planets apart just giving a speech about how tough it is to remain silent after busting a nut in Medusa.

Existere
He more or less took out Iron Man and a few others with a whisper in Silent War.

Still, the scream... Was Silent War skrull-bolt? I thought it was.

zom1967
Originally posted by Stoic
Why are people talking about screaming? BB would put a major hurting on just about anyone, if he were to just stand there and verbally complain about how effed up it was that he has always had to shut the fug up all of his life. He would tear planets apart just giving a speech about how tough it is to remain silent after busting a nut in Medusa. Your pic dosen`t intimidate anyone in the least,big guy!

krisblaze
Originally posted by Existere
Was Silent War skrull-bolt? I thought it was.
It might've been.

I was never sure when the swap happened.

His behaviour and such in silent war is just so...it's just like him.

Branlor Swift
Was Silent War skrull-bolt? I thought it was. He was taken after Silent War

Existere
He was taken after Silent War Cool. thumb up Mostly I wanted the threat to Multiple Man to have come from the real Black Bolt.

krisblaze
Cool. thumb up Mostly I wanted the threat to Multiple Man to have come from the real Black Bolt.
Those million trillion Jamies were gonna wipe the floor with Bolt!

Surtur
Just like you waved namor tanking the scream away?

I don't have to handwave that. Namor's own consistency as a character does it for me. The guy isn't surviving something massively more powerful then an attack that could KO the Hulk.

krisblaze
I don't have to handwave that. Namor's own consistency as a character does it for me. The guy isn't surviving something massively more powerful then an attack that could KO the Hulk.
It's more the fact that Marvel's failing to deliver on Bolt's scream.

We can't just assume that the scream is such and such because the whisper does this and that.

Even whisper isn't all that consistent in its powerlevel.

Surtur
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Like another Thor fan said, I have no problem with a scream knocking the Odinson out but to say he has never taken anything like that is ridiculous and I don't see Boltagon or many other high heralds taking blasts from Odin, Celestials, Glory,Gorr, etc like Thor with or without Mjolnir has.

BB is a badass and I honestly consider the whisper/scream one of the most devastating attacks out of the majority of the heralds weight class simply because how quick and effective it can be used.
I think of it as quite a bit more powerful thanThors lightning but.far below the Godblast, Winds of.a.thousand worlds, dimension dumping a star on your face etc

The problem comes when you cite things like Thor taking blasts from "Odin" and "Celestials" as if it means anything. Does Thor has some weird durability that fluctates in the presence of cosmic beings? Does he suddenly become massively more durable when in close proximity to people like Odin or Celestials? I'm trying to figure out how people could try to use Thor's encounters against beings of that magnitude to show anything.

krisblaze
The problem comes when you cite things like Thor taking blasts from "Odin" and "Celestials" as if it means anything. Does Thor has some weird durability that fluctates in the presence of cosmic beings? Does he suddenly become massively more durable when in close proximity to people like Odin or Celestials? I'm trying to figure out how people could try to use Thor's encounters against beings of that magnitude to show anything.
It's probably because Thor's been doing it for about 40 years now.

It's not that difficult a concept to grasp. Thor performs better when he's fighting for his life...

Surtur
It's probably because Thor's been doing it for about 40 years now.

It's not that difficult a concept to grasp. Thor performs better when he's fighting for his life...

So what you are saying is his durability just magically jumps several orders of magnitude when threatened?

It's one thing if Thor deflects/absorbs/whatevers the attack with his hammer, but if we are talking just out and out tanking shots? He'd of been creamed by any serious Celestial or Odin. Hell the Celestials melted the Odin Sword down to slag as I recall, and then easily healed any damage it had done to them.

I could of sworn the story also involved a powered up Odin taking on Celestials and failing.(Using the destroyer armor or something)

krisblaze
So what you are saying is his durability just magically jumps several orders of magnitude when threatened?
You need to work on your scale a little bit I think.

But Thor can definitely take tougher hits when he's fighting guys out of his weight-class.

Surtur
You need to work on your scale a little bit I think.

But Thor can definitely take tougher hits when he's fighting guys out of his weight-class.

But do I need to work on my scales? Celestials and Odin are beings getting into the realm of galaxy busters. So yep, Thor's durability would have to vastly increase to come anywhere close to those levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.