The Outlander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
NIBSn_M75OI

Follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

I searched and couldn't find a thread for this show. It's an awesome show!! I recommend it.

Robtard
Started watching it with my wife; she really enjoys it, I have mixed feelings.

Do like the period setting and a few of the characters, namely Dougal MacKenzie. Jamie's alright, if somewhat of a dullard. Captain Jack Randall makes for a fairly despicable villain, which helps a lot.

Caitriona Balfe is a very beautiful women and the show likes to show her nude many a time; that's nice too.

Bashar Teg
i gave it a chance but i really don't like the protagonist at all.

The Nuul
Man what an Ep.

Ewwww they showed Randall's pee pee, and he raped Jaime. Glad Jamie got rescued tho. Randall is a sicko, good villain.

I think this was the season final. 8 Eps per season.

Robtard
Haven't watched it yet, but I heard. Damn, rape just seems to be Randall's thing.

The Nuul
He ****s up Jaime pretty bad.

Glad another person is watching this (you).

Arachnid1
I've watched two episodes so far. Does this get better? It's pretty damn boring so far, and no character outside of Captain Randall has been all that great. This show is recommended by GRRM which is why I'm giving it a shot, but it's been rough.

Surtur
She sounds like a wife any of us would be lucky to have.

queeq
It doesn't get better. In Season two it gets rather bearable, but Claire remains a condescending, self (20th century) centred woman who can only see things from her own perspective, condemns the people form the 17th century for it, yet causes problems all the time and the Scots will have to come an rescue her.

Claire thinks she's always right or she starts crying if she doesn't get her way or feels misunderstood. Not a wife I would like...

Claire is a badly written character, she has no character development and thinks she is always right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.