Do you have any disorders or disabilities?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I have the following: OCD, ADHD, Aspergers, Bipolar Disorder, Astigmatism, Depression, Anxiety, and some weird disorder that makes me really sensitive emotionally (can't remember the name).

I know this may not play into anything, but for the majority of Grade School, I was in Special ED.

Jmanghan
Oh, and I have serious anger and temper problems, and most likely have hypersexuality.

NewLanceWindu
Astigmatism
Asthma
Bad left knee
Arthritis of the knees

Quincy
Oh that's a lot of things. Were you diagnosed with this?

Jmanghan
Well, not with clinical depression, or anxiety, but I never really brought it up, but I have random fits of sadness and I take way too many things to heart.

Jmanghan
Everything else I was diagnosed with.

Impediment
I have a mild to moderate stutter/speech impediment, hence my name.

Type 1 Bi-polar, but it's under wraps.

Surtur
Disabled back. Only 29 and have had 6 major surgeries since all this began when I was 16. Several herniated discs and pinched nerves. I not only have a variety of metal inside me, but actual technology as well. Think of a tens unit..but one that is implanted inside your body. Yet even with that I still require pain medication as well.

Also have massively high blood pressure.

Jmanghan
Poor Surtur... :/

Jmanghan
I'm allegic to cigarette smoke.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have the following: OCD, ADHD, Aspergers, Bipolar Disorder, Astigmatism, Depression, Anxiety, and some weird disorder that makes me really sensitive emotionally (can't remember the name).

I know this may not play into anything, but for the majority of Grade School, I was in Special ED. Originally posted by Jmanghan
Oh, and I have serious anger and temper problems, and most likely have hypersexuality.

Sounds like you may also have an acute case of pseudologia fantastica

Also I just get migraines since I was 9. Average 3-4 a week.

Jmanghan
Pathological lying?

Well, yeah.

But not anymore.

I always get overwhelming guilt if I keep anything to myself now.

rudester
Just food allergies a whole bunch of stuff I can't eat... the rest is privet shhhhhhh! Lol

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by rudester
the rest is privet shhhhhhh! Lol

So your dick burns when you pee? awesome

rudester
It did once but I took shit for that... lol 30 days and it was gone
...how do u know u got the gohn too? Lol

rudester
This isn't have you ever gotten an STD its are u retarded thread...

Sancty
and some weird disorder that makes me really sensitive emotionally (can't remember the name).
is it borderline ? people with borderline feel emotions very strongly and have strong mood swings. much more likely in women

I have a few disorders srug general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder (though I'm able to deal with it pretty well now) & depression
..also been diagnosed with body dysmoprhic disorder but I dont have it IMO. & a form of PTSD which I don't think I actually have

riv6672
I'm allegic to cigarette smoke.
We could never hang out in RL.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Sancty
is it borderline ? people with borderline feel emotions very strongly and have strong mood swings. much more likely in women

I have a few disorders srug general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder (though I'm able to deal with it pretty well now) & depression
..also been diagnosed with body dysmoprhic disorder but I dont have it IMO. & a form of PTSD which I don't think I actually have Social Anxiety is a big one, I can't be around big groups of people, when friends bring along some random people I try to put on a tough guy act irl so I'm not a target of ridicule.

Well, to describe it bluntly, I'm a pussy emotionally.

I have gotten incredibly upset over the smallest things, like the word "k", or some random creeped out smiley, or when people say LOL, after I type something when I know I didn't say or do anything funny.

Small stuff like that.

riv6672
Maybe you dont see it when you do something funny. You could be a classic "straight man".

Jmanghan
Well. For example, I played this game, Gaiaonline, tried talking to people, and was met with "LOL".

I hate when people do that when talking about something normal, it just sounds like its a mocking thing.

I have also have trust issues with women.

Genesis-Soldier
i have trust issues with guys

we all know my oither disorders so yeah

AbnormalButSane
Yep

Genesis-Soldier
yay some of us are screwed up.

honestly dealing with it is the hardest at times

riv6672
I used to rely on heavy drinking to deal with my problems.

I miss those days. stick out tongue

Bardock42
I'm very mildly overweight.

Genesis-Soldier
i drink to forget

Genesis-Soldier
i should probably stop or my liver might start hating me

riv6672
Oh it will, the unloving *****.

rudester
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i have trust issues with guys

we all know my oither disorders so yeah don't worry baby we are strong....

Yamcha
On paper I should be a complete basket case. If you want to listen to the "experts" I have a lot of anxiety including agoraphobia, type 1 bipolar disorder, depression, psychosis, body dismorphia, borderline personality disorder(BPD), alcoholism, PTSD, and for awhile they thought I had some slight paranoid schizophrenia and anorexia but I honestly think that's BS. The only ones I think I truly have are the anxieties, bi polar 1, depression, alcoholism, borderline, and body dismorphia.

Some of it is inherited cause my mom an especially my dad aren't the most sane, but they manage to live just fine. My mother doesn't like talking about it and my dad just flat out believes mental illness isn't real and just people being weak. I stopped going to the "professionals" cause I started to realize a lot of it was nonsense and it always bothered me how they said my dreams and goals were unrealistic due to my delusions from illness, not the fact I'm confident. I haven't taken medication my entire life for any of it though cause I can manage when I change into that positive mindset, cause I realize it's all in my head, mainly when I noticed I could bring about my own change from where I'm at in life by actually putting in the work instead of being stuck inside a perpetual state of self loathing. When I became super healthy a lot of those ceased due to the constant excercise, and eating habits, but lately I've been kinda pulled back into it all and have found myself drinking heavily once more.

I would never change how I feel cause though cause the emotional struggles push me to strive for a positive way out, an towards my goals, sorta like my disorders are just emotional weight training. An I'm proud to say I haven't made an attempt on my life for over 3 years and am still hanging in strong, I'd rather live and be able to help others with their issues and make them aware that it does get better and they're not alone in their struggle even though it can definitely feel that way sometimes.

Things could always be worse and I've learned that, like the other night I went to someone's house and immediately left cause in the bathroom they had no toilet paper just a pair of pants coated in corn shit that people used. I'm hard up for trying to find new friends, but not that bad.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Yamcha
On paper I should be a complete basket case. If you want to listen to the "experts" I have a lot of anxiety including agoraphobia, type 1 bipolar disorder, depression, psychosis, body dismorphia, borderline personality disorder(BPD), alcoholism, PTSD, and for awhile they thought I had some slight paranoid schizophrenia and anorexia but I honestly think that's BS. The only ones I think I truly have are the anxieties, bi polar 1, depression, alcoholism, borderline, and body dismorphia.

Some of it is inherited cause my mom an especially my dad aren't the most sane, but they manage to live just fine. My mother doesn't like talking about it and my dad just flat out believes mental illness isn't real and just people being weak. I stopped going to the "professionals" cause I started to realize a lot of it was nonsense and it always bothered me how they said my dreams and goals were unrealistic due to my delusions from illness, not the fact I'm confident. I haven't taken medication my entire life for any of it though cause I can manage when I change into that positive mindset, cause I realize it's all in my head, mainly when I noticed I could bring about my own change from where I'm at in life by actually putting in the work instead of being stuck inside a perpetual state of self loathing. When I became super healthy a lot of those ceased due to the constant excercise, and eating habits, but lately I've been kinda pulled back into it all and have found myself drinking heavily once more.

I would never change how I feel cause though cause the emotional struggles push me to strive for a positive way out, an towards my goals, sorta like my disorders are just emotional weight training. An I'm proud to say I haven't made an attempt on my life for over 3 years and am still hanging in strong, I'd rather live and be able to help others with their issues and make them aware that it does get better and they're not alone in their struggle even though it can definitely feel that way sometimes.

Things could always be worse and I've learned that, like the other night I went to someone's house and immediately left cause in the bathroom they had no toilet paper just a pair of pants coated in corn shit that people used. I'm hard up for trying to find new friends, but not that bad. You should tell the therapists that it isn't their place to tell you what you can and can't do.

Kelly_Bean
Diagnosed with both depression and general anxiety disorder. It consumes my damn life...

Kharhmah
Depression, anxiety, my doctor also thinks I could have social phobia as well.
I also have hypothyroidism and PCOS.

That's it as far as I know.

edit: I also have an extremely severe case of Batrachophobia/Ranidaphobia

Impediment
According to a psychiatric review from an Army Lieutenant Colonel psychiatrist/shrink (when I was enlisted in the Army) I have disturbing levels of apathy.

Surtur
Well. For example, I played this game, Gaiaonline, tried talking to people, and was met with "LOL".

I hate when people do that when talking about something normal, it just sounds like its a mocking thing.

I have also have trust issues with women.

If a lot of people are like me they type "lol" because they have nothing else to say but they still want to type something.

I have trust issues against women, but it is mostly because I was unfortunate enough to date like 3 hoes in a row.

Astner
I have a fever.

But disorders or disabilities? Not as far as I'm aware.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Astner
I have a fever.

I lol'd.

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Kharhmah
Depression, anxiety, my doctor also thinks I could have social phobia as well.
I also have hypothyroidism and PCOS.

That's it as far as I know.

edit: I also have an extremely severe case of Batrachophobia/Ranidaphobia

your afraid of amphibians?

guess everyone has there do's and don'ts

Genesis-Soldier
there is nothing wrong with being alone in life, yes it hurts and you feel so empty and eventually crave the feeling of fufilness you had with someone close to you.

its the madness of it all, the madness is how you deal with it.
push yourself to breaking point or seep into despair and pain, it makes no diffrence.we all end up needing someone, we need someone to motivate oursselves so we can be better then we are.

but when we have no one... hell is suddenly surrounding you and the thin veiled facade that is reality is your prison

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Astner
I have a fever.

*cough* narcissism *cough*

awesome

StiltmanFTW

I know this may not play into anything, but for the majority of Grade School, I was in Special ED.

But you still became a Navy SEAL!

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Robtard
He said "Navy seal", there's a difference.

Surtur
Now I just wanna see a tv show about a dude with OCD, ADHD, Aspergers, Bipolar Disorder, Astigmatism, Depression, Anxiety, and some weird disorder that makes him really sensitive emotionally(Dr. Surtur diagnoses this as "being a p*ssy"wink being trained by the navy seals.

Unoriginal
I have Bell's Palsy. Though it rarely ever flares up and only lasts for a week. I'm pretty fortune for that. It's only flared up maybe 3 times in my life.

Surtur
Gee way to bring the room down.

Unoriginal
The one time I'm on topic...

Nuke Nixon
Nothing wrong at all, I am perfectly normal in every way.

No that's shite. I'm fine except for;

- Short term memory problems
- I have gynemimetophilia
- I am an Attention Whore with a bit of Narcissism.
- Given any authority I have control issues and mild megalomania.
- Working on uneven anger management with bursts of rage.
- Regular amount of PTSD from various strenuous activities in the past.
- Occasional bouts of self-destructive tendencies

Now on to the physical...

- Years of sleep deprivation
- I have a torn retina in one eye
- Bad knees/ligaments
- I have shrapnel in my shoulder that cannot be removed
- Bad shoulder (the other one)/dislocations
- various broken fingers that won't close all the way
- slight loss of hearing in one ear

riv6672

rudester
Yeah right

TheVaultDweller
Well, this probably doesn't count as a disability, but, at last count, I've had 159 stitches throughout my life, along with multiple broken bones, torn muscles etc. I've even had a very mild skull fracture after going head first into a brick wall (long story). And had my one eye mangled after getting smacked in the face with a cricket bat (it's mostly recovered since then though, but I have "floaters" in that eye because of the damage at the time). No idea if any of these things are going to come back to bite me in the ass as I get older.

I do have really bad insomnia though, which I have struggled with since early childhood.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Eh, some of it was bad luck and some of it was just stupidity on my part (I grew up in the Jackass generation). But it can be an amusing source of freaking people out. For example, if someone touches my forehead on the right side, they can physically feel the small bump and then dip in the bone where I smacked my head into the wall, which is an everlasting reminder of that moment in time. Or my biggest scar (a 50-stitcher). Freaks squeamish people the phuck out when they encounter it lol.

riv6672
haha, nooice! Damn show hurt a lot of balls in its heyday...yes
I have a crease on top of my skull from a weightlifting accident, and more than a few scars from stabs/gunshots/IEDs. I dont even think about them unless someone ELSE does a doubletake on seeing one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.