Battle of the Hands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
Mara Jade vs Darth Talon vs Lumiya

all at their peaks
everything but blasters go

Trocity
Lumiya

NewGuy01
Mara, assuming she's at her peak.

If not, I'm pretty sure she was inferior to Lumiya in her days as Palpatine's hand.

Darth Demenos
personally im rooting for mara but i would not discard talon easily bc out of "thousands" of sith, she was hand picked to be krayt's leading hand or only hand.

carthage
I'm not aware of her feats in the comics but in the novels like Allegiance she has no feats even remotely comparable to beating Luke

ares834
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Mara, assuming she's at her peak.

If not, I'm pretty sure she was inferior to Lumiya in her days as Palpatine's hand.

thumb up

Nephthys
Mara or Talon depending on the incarnation. Lumiya is only about equal to a standard Jedi Council member, in fact she's probably inferior.

Darth Demenos
are talking about mara or talon ?

although i admit that I am not very knowledgeable about lumiya, but as far as i know the only reason she beat luke was bc he was unfamiliar with how to fight a lightwhip, along with everyone else. but again i am not 100% on this.

Kosmos Supreme
Lumiya did better against Luke than Talon did against Cade

WildBantha88
Here is a direct statement from Mara about when she fought Lumiya. Its pretty vague but her ya go.

That's where I was when a female cyborg found me. She wanted to bring me back to Isard. I didn't want to go. So I didn't. Cyborg got my lightsaber but not me. Better luck next time. - the essential guide to the Force

Angelalex242
Mara Jade Skywalker (at age 57) has this. Even if she has to fight directly instead of going assassin mode, she can still do this.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Lumiya did better against Luke than Talon did against Cade

Lumiya got her ass kicked by Nelani and Lobi.

SunRazer
Lumiya stomped Nelani in the physical clash. Telekinesis is a different story - they were about equally matched, but Lumiya was constantly talking to Jacen rather than focusing on Nelani and ended up being disarmed as a result.

And Mara probably wins. Her blaster didn't do much in her confrontation against Lumiya and I doubt it would do anything against Talon.

Nephthys
Hardly a stomp, she tagged Nelani a few times for some minor damage but ultimately Nelani was stronger than her in the Force and beat her. I'm pretty sure Mara and Talon are stronger than Random Jedi 432.

SunRazer
The text makes it clear Nelani was outmatched physically.

Lumiya lost Force power as a result of her cybernetics, but her mastery was sufficient to know a myriad of techniques and her Concealment was enough to hide her alignment from Jacen as per his own admission. As I said, she doesn't hold up to these characters Force-wise (in a combative sense), but her lightwhip's unorthodoxy makes up for that in some ways.

Nephthys
So Lumiya is better than a standard Jedi Knight. Good for her. And then Lobi beat her up.

Yet she still lost to Nelani and Lobi. She just isn't that strong. Unorthodoxy can't carry her that far.

SunRazer
Good for Tresina - that makes her good, not Lumiya bad.

She also held her own against Luke in the same novel she fought Tresina. We all know consistency is not LotF's most prized possession.

Nephthys
Not better than Mara and Talon though.

He methodically advanced on her and murdered her. He could have easily killed her if he'd wanted to do it faster imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.