Batman VS Dekkard Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Genesis-Soldier
Dekkard Shaw leaves the comes comes back to the hospital to check on his little brother only to find the Bat waiting for him, a scuffle occurs and they are both thrown out the window and land next to Dekkards car.

Batman has his standard gear (The Dark Night rises)

Shaw has a 9mm pistol and the 2 reinforcement chasis beams shicking out of his car

who takes this

relentless1
not even Jason Statham has a chance against the Bat, TDKR Batman was still shown to be able to blitz gunmen with automatic weaponry without being hit and he soaked a lot of Banes damage output so I don't think a regular guy that couldn't even take Vin Diesel would pose much of a threat here

KingD19
Originally posted by relentless1
not even Jason Statham has a chance against the Bat, TDKR Batman was still shown to be able to blitz gunmen with automatic weaponry without being hit and he soaked a lot of Banes damage output so I don't think a regular guy that couldn't even take Vin Diesel would pose much of a threat here

You realize that Dekkard, Luke Hobbs, and Dom were all blatantly superhuman correct? They're all far stronger than Bane. And much better, not to mention faster fighters.

So if Batman had trouble against Ra's and Bane? Shaw will brutalize him.

Genesis-Soldier
was going to bring that up, just look at the fight against hobbs. he was tanking alot of power. against dom, he was going for a long time and showed some serious fight and soak levels

Silent Master

You really need to watch the movies before commenting, Shaw was far from a regular guy, not to mention he is far more skilled and faster than Baleman.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, to call Shaw a "regular guy" is not even remotely accurate. The guy was a Special Forces Major, who evaded all the major international law enforcement agencies for years after he went off the grid, and showcased various military and combat skills throughout the film. Hell, just in terms of h2h, his hits were rocking Hobbs, who has straight-up superhuman durability.

KingD19
And he could show up anywhere, anytime despite there seemingly being no way he should have the info that he does. Like he killed a hospital and the dozens of highly trained guards just to check up on his brother, who he shouldn't have even known was there.

Bruce gets wrekt.

BruceSkywalker
excellent spite thread we have here.... Baleman loses

Genesis-Soldier
how is this a spite thread, after taking on multiple mercs and thugs at once I thought it would be interesting to see baleman take this.

KingD19
Well it's kinda spite considering just how beastly Shaw is. The hospital was like a 1-3 story drop. Dekkard probably hops up, brushes himself off, and unloads the clip in Batman's face before he can recover.

Or if he's feeling mean, he'll just beat him to death.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
how is this a spite thread, after taking on multiple mercs and thugs at once I thought it would be interesting to see baleman take this.

Only Baleman can't take this as he is slower, less agile, less skilled and likely weaker.

relentless1
and Batman doesnt have "superhuman" damage soak? this guy who leapt out of like a 5 storey building and landed on a car and all it did was wind him, or standing that close to an explosion (dent too for that matter) that levelled an entire building? Bane straight up punched through a concrete pillar and Batman soaked a lot of his output before succumbing like it was a regular fist fight in the schoolyard. Batman survived falling from a penthouse onto a car with another human attached to him and his glider only partway open as well as basically ignoring getting stabbed between the ribs in some pretty vital areas and ignoring his knee with no cartilage after doing some callisthenics in a middle eastern prison, surviving a plummet in said prison with the rope he's attached to having some serious snap back combined with him smacking his head onto rock all the while basically recouping from a snapped back that was healed in no time. Bats superhuman movie feats far outweigh Shaws

Silent Master
Baleman having a good damage soak just means that the beating will last longer.

Time-Immemorial
Shaw stood up to the Rock who was already operating at a much higher level then Bane or Batman.

Shaw wins.

TheVaultDweller
No one ever said that Batman's suit doesn't give him durability. Hell, be pointless to wear it if it didn't. But it's not making him faster, stronger or more skilled, which is what he would need to win this.

Genesis-Soldier
okay then so what level would you guys say Shaw is operating at?

give me a class of hero or villain he could match up to

Genesis-Soldier
I reckon batman can hold out for a while

KingD19
Going by the strength/durability feats shown by Dom, Hobbs, and Shaw from fighting both of them, I'd put Shaw around Cap-lite level as of Age of Ultron. So he's actually closer to Winter Soldier Cap if we want a comparison. Considering he was fighting toe to toe with a guy who held a car up for about 3 minutes, and stomped hard enough to collapse a damaged parking structure. He also did pretty damn good against Hobbs who effortlessly lifted a fully grown man off the floor and slung him up into the ceiling, as well as walking around with a Vulcan Cannon and ignore the massive recoil you get from firing it. And Dom was also tossing Shaw around like a ragdoll at times and he was never down for more than a few seconds.

TheVaultDweller
Don't forget Hobbs shifting those pieces of reinforced concrete at the end of Furious 7. Pieces that size can easily weigh a couple hundred kilograms. And yeah, Dom was tossing Shaw several feet at a time with some of his hits. I think he even one-hand tosses him nearly a dozen feat at one stage (would need to double check to be sure though). Hell, Dom (who, as pointed out, has superhuman strength) slammed him head/neck first into a car at one point, and Shaw shrugged it off like it was nothing.

So basically Shaw is durable enough to take multiple heavy hits from guys who, based on feats, have superhuman strength, but is also strong enough himself to rock people with superhuman durability with his hits. And that's not even going into speed/skill levels.

TheVaultDweller
Just to put that concrete feat into perspective: A single cubic foot of normal concrete weighs roundabout 150lbs. Hobbs was moving MUCH larger, reinforced pieces.

Genesis-Soldier
that and the fact he broke out of a cast, crashed in an ambulance when taking out the drown head first off a bridge and surviving a powerful explosive and falling 3 stories onto a car roof through a panel of glass is damned impressive

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
that and the fact he broke out of a cast, crashed in an ambulance when taking out the drown head first off a bridge and surviving a powerful explosive and falling 3 stories onto a car roof through a panel of glass is damned impressive

Was actually much more than a standard 3 story drop. Even ignoring the explosion that he tanked right before, a fall from the height he took would have pulped a regular person completely. And yeah, totally tanked crashing an ambulance off a bridge and into a drone, which exploded on impact.

Genesis-Soldier
truly, but if we are going to debate hobbs we should stick to a relating thread

Genesis-Soldier
now there is an idea

TheVaultDweller
Well, it is still on topic, considering Hobbs has those strength and durability feats, yet Shaw did quite well against him. Basically, I raised these points to show that Shaw hangs with people who are legit superhumans based on feats (and by extension is also in the class).

relentless1
i guess I've never thought of the FF guys as being superhuman in the traditional sense just in the sense of them being main characters in a high octane action movie. I don't really know if id consider that superhuman per se just a form of heightened reality that an action film provides

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, it is still on topic, considering Hobbs has those strength and durability feats, yet Shaw did quite well against him. Basically, I raised these points to show that Shaw hangs with people who are legit superhumans based on feats (and by extension is also in the class).

good point

TheVaultDweller
i guess I've never thought of the FF guys as being superhuman in the traditional sense just in the sense of them being main characters in a high octane action movie. I don't really know if id consider that superhuman per se just a form of heightened reality that an action film provides

Feats are feats though. Even if they aren't labelled as superhuman in their world, they still accomplished feats that ordinary humans in real life would not be able to achieve.

Genesis-Soldier
quite true

Silent Master

IOW, you want to ignore their feats because that is the only way Baleman has a chance against them and you really want Baleman to win.

relentless1
lol **** off silent, your crusade to paint me as a batman fanboy is pathetic, I'm merely stating my opinion on the matter, if you don't like what i have to say debate my statements or don't comment at all goof

Silent Master
OK, how about your statement here, where you claim that you've never thought any of the FF guys were superhuman.

Yet in this post, that was posted an hour earlier, you admit that Hobbs has superhuman like strength.

Hightower from Police Academy vs Hobbs from Fast and Furious in a bench press competition. I decided to go this route because Hightower hasn't been proven in high level combat like Hobbs so a fight would be moot. However they both possess superhuman like strength so who would win a bench competition between the two??

KingD19
-waits for that response-

relentless1
exactly, theres no contradiction there, i said that "i had always thought" meaning that until i came to places like this where every feat done by a character in a movie would be dissected and held up to real world standards i had never really thought about it like that. Thats why I decided to roll with it and make the thread about Hobbs and Hightower after watching Police Academy and seeing it through the eyes of a KMC poster.

Silent Master
You act like I dug those quotes up from a long time ago, they were both from today.

relentless1
I'm aware of when they were from, read my response above

Silent Master
I've read all your posts in this thread and the one I quoted, you basically consider them superhuman until they're in a vs match against Baleman at which point you ignore their feats and call them just regular guys so that you can give your favorite character the win.

KingD19
If you've seen Fast 5-7, how could you not think Dom and Hobbs are superhuman? They've been getting stronger progressively through each movie. In Hobbs first movie, he lifted a guy who had to be at least 260lbs from the floor and threw him above his head into the ceiling in one smooth motion.

Silent Master
He is just trying to make excuses, relentless1 didn't think I'd find his other thread where he clearly stated that Hobbs had superhuman like strength.

relentless1
i made that thread after seeing the breakdown of the feats and accepted thats how it is on here you idiot, look at the time stamps private eye

relentless1
at any rate, I'm done trying to explain myself to a hater like yourself

Silent Master
I did check the timestamp that is how I know that you stated Hobbs had superhuman like strength in another thread an hour before posting in this thread that you never considered them superhuman.

Time-Immemorial
Why is everyone being mean and all, I mean I know he's at everyones mom's houses and shit but cmon.

relentless1
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Why is everyone being mean and all, I mean I know he's at everyones mom's houses and shit but cmon.

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

TheVaultDweller
exactly, theres no contradiction there, i said that "i had always thought" meaning that until i came to places like this where every feat done by a character in a movie would be dissected and held up to real world standards i had never really thought about it like that. Thats why I decided to roll with it and make the thread about Hobbs and Hightower after watching Police Academy and seeing it through the eyes of a KMC poster.

I find the best way to look at it is to ignore labels and focus only on actual feats (regardless of whether they are perceived as superhuman in the setting). I mean say for example, we pit 2 characters played by the same actor against each other, and both are considered "human" in the portrayals. Yet one guy can tank getting blown up etc. and the other goes down to a baseball bat to the back or something. Thus, based on feats, we know the one can take a lot more damage than the other one, even though both are "humans", played by the same actor. So while those guys in the FF franchise might not be called superhumans in the movies, we still know that they can survive explosions, multi-story falls, move objects that weigh hundreds of kilograms etc.

Genesis-Soldier
lot a tension here... palpable.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I find the best way to look at it is to ignore labels and focus only on actual feats (regardless of whether they are perceived as superhuman in the setting). I mean say for example, we pit 2 characters played by the same actor against each other, and both are considered "human" in the portrayals. Yet one guy can tank getting blown up etc. and the other goes down to a baseball bat to the back or something. Thus, based on feats, we know the one can take a lot more damage than the other one, even though both are "humans", played by the same actor. So while those guys in the FF franchise might not be called superhumans in the movies, we still know that they can survive explosions, multi-story falls, move objects that weigh hundreds of kilograms etc.

Regardless of what he calls the main fighters from FF, he knew that their feats were better than those of Baleman, which is why he didn't address Shaw's feats, he just tried to lowball them by calling Shaw a regular guy and then pretending that losing to Dom after a good fight was somehow a bad showing.

He doesn't actually care about feats or a real debate, he just wants to give his pet character the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.