Zenkai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I was always wondering. Did Goku and the other Saiyans still receive zenkais after the Frieza Saga. I think Akira Toriyama said no, but I'm not sure of the source.

juggerman
Only Cell was stated to have gotten a Zenkai after Namek iirc. Kinda weird since that was such a huge thing and then it kinda just fell off

Q99
I guess it's overriden by SSJ.

I kinda assumed it had *some* effect during training, i.e. the harshness of training in the spirit room is part of why the SSJs were able to reach ascending/FP Super Saiyan, but it's effect was reduced.

Originally posted by juggerman
Only Cell was stated to have gotten a Zenkai after Namek iirc. Kinda weird since that was such a huge thing and then it kinda just fell off

It was really only explicitly around for a few stories, wasn't it? It happened left and right in the Frieza saga, but wasn't explicit before that point.

It's not the only idea that fell to the wayside, Kaio-ken being another. Though kaio-ken was a more interesting one, while Zenkai was just a way to catapult someone up the power fast.

Galan007
As mentioned, Cell was the only character explicitly stated to have received a legit zenkai after the Namek saga.

This occurred after regenerating from his kamikaze-detonation on King Kai's world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.