Krayt and Revan run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
These are Krayt Reborn and SoR Revan.

They get full power and health restored after each abttle.

Setting: Alderaan mountains

No amp/prep time.

Warm-up: Zannah and Kas'im

1. TPM Maul, Satele and Ventress
2. SoD Maul, Koon and Zallow
3. Jaina, Leneer and DD Vos
4. FE Malgus, HoT and Barsen'thor
5. Exar Kun* and Plagueis
6. DE Sidious**

* Kun gets his amulets
** Sidious gets two sabers

DarthAnt66
They probably clear. They might fall at 6 if Palpatine fights unrestrained.

Emperordmb
Probably fall at five.

DarthAnt66
How?

Kun is Revan's inferior in nearly all areas.
And then Krayt can handle Plagueis tbh.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Generally agree sans Sabers, yeah

You've got to do some leg work to prove that one kiddo

Board Walker
SOR Revan has feats that eclipse DE Serious in raw dueling/anti personnel power, and Krayt is on the same level as LOTF Luke Skywalker.

The two combined easily stomp DE Sidious

appletonia
Possibly get through 4 and 5, lose at 6 for sure.

FreshestSlice
They probably clear. They might fall at 6 if Palpatine fights unrestrained.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Probably fall at five.

AncientPower
How?

And then Krayt can handle Plagueis tbh.

Kun as the better Niman master takes Revan in sabers and certainly can take him on in the Force.

Darth Plagueis has greater speed and telekinesis feats than Krayt has, roughly equal Force Lightning and far better healing/durability. Krayt has greater saber skill.

This is by no means the easy win you portray, if it is a win at all.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Kun as the better Niman master takes Revan in sabers and certainly can take him on in the Force.
Except he doesn't - at all. Revan is just simply... better.

Point me to feats and accolades that suggest otherwise.
---
I'll let NewGuy01 handle the Krayt vs Plagueis debate. wink

Nephthys
Holy shit Ant really thinks Revan can beat Kun in sabers.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud

The fact that you have more of an issue with that than your buddy saying Kas'im > Yoda in sabers disturbs me.

Well, what about you doesn't these days? wink

Nephthys
You shouldn't let your feelings of inadequacy affect you so deeply, dear. No need to be disturbed.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
You shouldn't let your feelings of inadequacy affect you so deeply, dear. No need to be disturbed.
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwm1z6lkVK1qef6lgo2_500.png

AncientPower

Nephthys
Ok but.... Revan did a kick.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
There's some typos in the above but for some reason I can't edit my post. It's all... blank when I try to. Sorry.

ChaosTheory123
"But Master Vodo-Siosk Baas stepped onto the floor: the diminutive Jedi would stand against him. Exar Kun battled his old Master, using a doublebladed lightsaber and all the Sith tricks he had learned. He tried to lure Vodo to join his Sith cause, but the Jedi Master refused. As the fight continued, Vodo grew weaker and Kun gained strength. Finally, just as Vodo vowed that he would defeat Exar Kun, the Dark Lord struck with his lightsaber and killed his teacher."
―Star Wars: Essential Chronology

Huh

Another one for Vodo's Force Defense in the respect thread when I can bother then :hmm

AncientPower
Whatever your opinion may be he is confirmed to be a Niman user and he turned it into an utterly chaotic brand of Niman.

That was Kun's style:

Yet Ulic was a master duelist, the greatest Jedi of his day and one of the most powerful Sith in history:

So Revan learned what Meetra Surik did, sweet. Where did he learn Juyo again? Because Surik mastered it via Master Kavar, the other forms from the Jedi High Council members and Kreia, not just the out-of-shape Dantooine Jedi Enclave that had not been the same since Vodo's death.

Warb Null was very powerful and highly skilled, his Dark Armor only boosted his prowess:

Ulic kills three Krath warriors, causing a trail of green energy before engaging Null, completely outspeeding him:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4250834-ulic+trail+of+light.png

Mandalore the Ultimate left a greater legacy through his neo crusade than Mandalore the Indomitable, a comment which was made thousands of years later by the way.

Revan fought Ultimate on a bridge, compared to Ulic fighting Indomitable whom had a Basilisk war droid and fired it at Ulic, whom uses Force Barrier to tank the incoming fire, which has destroyed military fortifications and damaged capital ship hulls, casually:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4292408-agility2.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4292409-agility3.png

Ulic himself had chains to stand on:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4292410-agility4.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4292411-agility5.png

If you want to go by character POV however:

Just for the record, Freedon Nadd has knowledge of all Force techniques everywhere and is far more powerful than Naga Sadow:

Exar Kun was even more powerful than Freedon Nadd:

Cay and Ulic dueled and Ulic came out on top, because he was better and stronger, which is considerable given Cay's own considerable powers:

Exar Kun was absolutely superior to Vodo Siosk-Baas in that contest:

Infact Exar Kun was far more powerful than Ulic Qel-Droma, Vodo Siosk-Baas, Thon, Arca Jeth, Odan-Urr, Nomi Sunrider or any one Jedi of his time:

This is extremely impressive considering the great feats of the Jedi of his time, chaostheory has excellent respect threads on that front:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ct123/blog/vodo-siosk-baas-respect-thread/107346/
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ct123/blog/odan-urr-respect-thread/107353/
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ct123/blog/arca-jeth-respect-thread/107414/
As well as Nargaroth's Thon respect thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/

Perhaps most impressive is Thon controlling and banishing the greatest amount of Dark Side energy, the Jedi had ever recorded by that point:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/4700003-5697017890-tEJc7.png

Exar Kun being far more powerful than him is an extremely impressive accolade.

Revan's lightsaber knowledge/style is most well pointed out by Drew Karpyshyn, certainly greater than fanon theories on the matter. On that matter Drew claims Revan is primarily a Niman user but uses all forms, which is likely where you got the idea of his using Juyo. Unfortunately he still lacks any solid evidence for Revan being a master duelist, beyond character POV (ehich will shoot you in the foot) and Drew's opinion.

Comparatively Exar Kun is a great master duelist:

Exar Kun is infact ambidextrous in the weapon's use:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4592394-ambidexterity.png

He is also a high tier master of the saberstaff and Jar'kai:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4592398-dual+blade.png

Gnost-Dural also believes that Kun was unparalelled in the lightsaber prowess he achieved:

I see no evidence suggesting Revan increased in lightsaber skill, only Force power.

Sinious
Holy s*** you wrecked Ant.

appletonia
Indeed, very good post AncientPower.

Rarely at their own game (lightsaber duel or even swordfight) but with a reliance on tech/specific tricks that are designed to defeat Jedi. And the few non-Force users that have success against Jedi usually represent the most skilled warriors in the galaxy, which in terms of sheer skill, is a far, far greater accomplishment than merely being among the most skilled Force Users in the galaxy. Force Users have superhuman abilities that make them so dangerous, but nothing suggests their natural talent in combat is anything beyond the norm, and relatively their numbers are absolutely tiny, so in the grand scheme of things, it isn't all that impressive to rise to the top of such a talent pool in terms of pure skill, compared to say, becoming an infamous bounty hunter within a galaxy of bounty hunters.

Ulic was able to basically fight evenly against one of the notable Jedi heroes of the war in a pure lightsaber duel, after having not properly fought with a lightsaber in years and having been cut off from the Force. You don't get demonstrations of pure skill and talent that come close to that, as far as Force Users are concerned.

appletonia
To use a real world example Ant, not sure how well you follow sports but generally speaking, you assess how great a talent pool for a sport is based on the sheer number of people in it, and the quality of people that get drawn into it. So, one might argue that football/soccer attracts the greatest athletes/technicians in the world, simply because it's the most popular sport in the world and also the highest paying. More people playing it makes the talent pool more competitive, and the high pay makes it a great incentive for serious athletes to dedicate their time to that sport over others. Thus, being the best soccer player in the world is a far greater achievement than say, being the best badminton player in the world.

So if we go back to comparing Jedi and bounty hunters/various other non-Force sensitive warriors purely from the basis of skill in combat, the sheer difference in numbers is absolutely staggering for one, we're talking probably about a few thousand Jedi compared to possibly billions of non-Force sensitive warriors. Then there's the quality of the individuals that get drawn into their respective trades. Individuals are chosen to become Jedi based entirely on their strength in the Force, which is completely statistically intependent of their natural talent in combat/with a lightsaber. Bounty hunters etc. on the other hand, usually don't enter the trade if they realise they're not cut out for it. The people who choose to become bounty hunters, and stay alive long enough to truly practice it as a vocation, are generally going to be naturally talented in the attributes that make them good at what they do.

So, the fact that from a sheer skill basis, you're comparing Ulic to some of the most skilled combatants in the entire galaxy as opposed to his Jedi brethren, is actually hugely complimentary to him. Take the sheer skill of a famed echani swordsman, and combine that with a being who possesses perhaps the second greatest strength in the Force of his generation, and you have Ulic (well that's probably being a little too complimentary, but it should be clear now that a comparison between Ulic and the likes of infamous bounty hunters is highly favourable to him).

Edit - it would be like picking ten karate practitioners at random out of a group of a million, and granting them superhuman abilities. Those abilities will make them the more effective combatants, but in terms of technique, the most skilled guy in the group of a million will be far, far greater than the most skilled guy out of the ten guys with super powers (unless by some absurd stroke of luck, one of the guys with the most natural talent ended up being randomly picked).

SunRazer
They're down at 5. Krayt holds his own against Plagueis, but is simply inferior. He goes down.

Kun at the very least holds off Revan, if not matches him, and their fight won't be resolved by the time Krayt and Plagueis' is. So Plagueis comes back to finish off Revan.

ILS
I don't remember giving you people permission to discuss Ulic or Kun, lol.

ILS
Originally posted by Sinious
Holy s*** you wrecked Ant. Indeed. Although it should be noted he basically copy and pasted all of his content from my Exar and Ulic threads without crediting.
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/i_like_swords/blog/exar-kun-respect-thread-updated-2014/101338/
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/i_like_swords/blog/ulic-qel-droma-respect-thread/101350/

Also, on the point about Exar "using all of his Sith tricks" to defeat Vodo-Siosk, bear in mind that the Essential Chronology is an in-universe source. So unless the source of the source is credible then it's pretty asinine to assert as fact that Kun used a power he seemingly neglected in the comic.

It's also asinine to suggest that Vodo was only fighting defensively. We've already seen that he's willing and capable of using non-lethal means to win a fight, e.g disarming. That fact is he didn't get through Exar's defence in any capacity.

AncientPower
*shrug* character limit.

All good points.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
I don't remember giving you people permission to discuss Ulic or Kun, lol.

Pretty sure you need MY permission as far as Kun goes now dude :hmm

Originally posted by ILS

Also, on the point about Exar "using all of his Sith tricks" to defeat Vodo-Siosk, bear in mind that the Essential Chronology is an in-universe source. So unless the source of the source is credible then it's pretty asinine to assert as fact that Kun used a power he seemingly neglected in the comic.

Aw

Wasn't aware of that

So much for adding superfluous shit to my Baas thread

ILS
Hah, true.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
Indeed. Although it should be noted he basically copy and pasted all of his content from my Exar and Ulic threads without crediting.
On the plus side, I expect this to go very well and be entertaining. I wonder which side will stop posting first.

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
On the plus side, I expect this to go very well and be entertaining. I wonder which side will stop posting first. Definitely not appletonia, that's for certain.

DarthAnt66
Holy s*** you wrecked Ant.
Posting a shit ton of worthless scans is equivalent to "wrecking?" messed

Actually kind of disappointed.... mmm I'll respond soon. thumb up

Nephthys
Maybe you should post your Revan Lightsaber Respect thread, Ant. thumb up

DarthAnt66
You mean the one that doesn't exist anymore? mmm

Nephthys
It's still there, just black barred to hell because of your justified shame over it.

DarthAnt66
The thread was pretty great. I black barred it so I can revamp it later with more content.

Fated Xtasy
Revan was trained by Kreia, who knows all forms, therefore Revan Knows those forms.

That was a legitimate thing in your Lightsabers Overview thing, Ant lol.

Also, I'd say Kun is probably better than Revan in sabers. They've both received accolades calling them the best of their day and fought similarly skilled warriors. It's not an easy one but I do see Excelsior Kun winning.

ILS
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Excelsior

DarthAnt66
And my computer ****ing crashes mid way through a response...

I blame Nephthys.

Fated Xtasy

I blame Nephthys.

googledocs dude, that's saved me a bunch of times.

DarthAnt66
mmm I'll try it out. Thanks.

Nephthys

I blame Nephthys.

http://arewefullyet.com/images/2012/12/nelson-haha.jpg

DarthAnt66
NGL that was pretty funny Neph. thumb up

NewGuy01
Love how the background color of that pic happens to be the same color as Neph's avatar. Coincidence? No.

I'll get to the bottom of this.

Nephthys
Did you think "The Illuminati are everywhere" was a f*cking joke!?

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
Like last time, there are typos, but it won't let me edit it, so sorry.

Nephthys
Ant status: Still wrecked.

DarthAnt66
Let the butthurt flow through you Neph.

Nephthys
I will, all the way to your Bane thread oh wait

carthage
You mean be thread you and the Bane cult had locked due to butthurt? Lol

DarthAnt66
Maybe we need another one of those.

The discussions weren't finished yet.

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Originally posted by carthage
You mean be thread you and the Bane cult had locked due to butthurt? Lol
LMFAO thumb up

AncientPower
I like how Ant got so angry and desperate for me disillusioning his absolute tripe about Revan even being on Kun's level.

All I can hear in your response is you choking on Revan's c*ck, not unlike you've been doing for years, evidently.

FreshestSlice
Malak>Kun
Revan>Malak
Revan>Kun

Obviously.

DarthAnt66
@Kulvax:

I hardly even formed any Revan arguments in my post. It was mostly just debunking yours, tbh.

In comparison to you copying and pasting respect threads like it is no tomorrow. mmm

I would hardly claim "desperation" when I haven't mentioned any of Revan's best feats yet, lmfao.

I have only mentioned Mandalore, the Echani, and Bandon at this point, to my knowledge. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2788772255.gif

I was angry at your failure to respond to my points, not that you put Kun > Revan or anything of that sort.

Malak>Kun
Revan>Malak
Revan>Kun

Obviously.

wink

AncientPower
WOW, that was the best you could come out with?

First your response was literally just getting pissed off at feats/accolades and dismissing them because you had nothing else and then the best you can come out with is yet more baseless trolling debunked a year ago? Pathetic.

You really have lost your edge considerably, ah well, better than hearing Revan = Yoda in that blog of your's again.

DarthAnt66
Depends what you are referring to.

I'm "getting pissed off at feats/accolades" that have no contribution to the debate, yes. You made no comparisons with the feats you listed. You simply just... threw them at me. So what? Why do they matter? These things you need to explain. Regardless, I even went through the hassle of making comparisons with your baseless points (take the Echani vs Krath for example).

I... I countered every post you made.

You countered nearly none of mine.

Do I really need to go through the debate and pick out every point made to make this clear to you?

Because I can gladly do so if you need me to show you.

Direct me to where.

Ooo, more insults. Insult the fact I put Revan above Plagueis too, that's probably a good one. thumb up

---

It's ****ing funny to see you so mad. Please continue with moar anger next post.

|King Joker|
Literal slaughterhouse atm.

DarthAnt66
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

I thought I was getting wrecked?

AncientPower
Haha countered my points? half your response was near baseless comparisons. I made a point of listing feats and accolades like you asked in your very first reply and then when i made what you presumably didn't expect, that being a post destroying your hilarious lowballs on page one, you literally stated you were pissed off.

My only argument is to negate your baseless claim that Revan is superior to Kun in every area, which is still laughable. At best Revan is Kun's equal, worst case being Kun rips him to pieces in sabers and uses his vastly superior physical abilities to dominate.

DarthAnt66
@Kulvax:

Well, I responded to every post with evidence intended to counter.

If you feel I didn't, respond to them and show me why I didn't. thumb up

Feel free to address that in your response then.

Regardless, "near baseless comparisons" is better than the total absence of comparisons. thumb up

No, copying and pasting a respect thread with no context is not acceptable in a debate, and you should know that by now.

Nothing you said even addressed anything I said, tbh. The stuff that did, I believe I responded back on my second response. If I failed to respond to any points, feel free to point them out so I can get to it ASAP.

For reasons already addressed.

Well you haven't been doing a good job trying to accomplish your goal so far.

Revan has better physical abilities too (or at least equal). smokin'

--- --- ---

I want your next post to have even more insults, please. This is pretty awesome. thumb up

ILS
Revan has better physical abilities too (or at least equal). smokin' Yeah, you keep saying this but you've never made a compelling argument for it.

DarthAnt66
@ILS: I don't recall making an argument publicly for it at all.

So yeah, I doubt an absence of argument would be "compelling."

Unless your implying my mere presence comes with an argument.

Because if so, thank you. wink

ILS
@ILS: I don't recall making an argument publicly for it at all. That's what I said.

DarthAnt66
You said "compelling," suggesting I once made an argument but it sucked.

ILS
I didn't suggest that, lol. If you made an argument and it wasn't compelling I wouldn't give a shit about it.

DarthAnt66
Well that's how I interpreted your response. Regardless, it doesn't really matter...

Let's get back to the focus of the thread which is Kulvax going rage mode for her failures.

EDIT: plz respond ap sad

Nephthys
Revan has better physical abilities too (or at least equal). smokin'

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4241934/nostalgia-critic-o.gif

Kun effing destroys Revan in strength.

FreshestSlice
You've become really salty and bitter lately, Neph. Why are you so mad in literally everything?

Sinious
You've become really salty and bitter lately, Neph. Why are you so mad in literally everything?

I assume you're being sarcastic and don't actually disagree with Neph about Kun's superiority in strength?

SunRazer
With my newer and higher opinion of Kun, I'm not so sure Revan would beat him now. It's probably an even split, just to play it safe, since there's so many variables in an encounter with the two of them.

However, Plagueis still takes Krayt, so the team still stops at 5.

FreshestSlice
I assume you're being sarcastic and don't actually disagree with Neph about Kun's superiority in strength?
No, I'm not being sarcastic. Kun's stronger, of course, but it's not like Revan doesn't have durability, endurance, and strength feats to but him in contending with him. Kun's hype here, as always, is on the next level.

Nephthys
Revan has strength feats?

Posting funny gifs is bitterness now? confused

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Posting funny gifs is bitterness now? confused
Eh, not really that funny a gif, tbf.

Nephthys
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/doctor-who-rain-sad.gif

Sinious
No, I'm not being sarcastic. Kun's stronger, of course, but it's not like Revan doesn't have durability, endurance, and strength feats to but him in contending with him. Kun's hype here, as always, is on the next level.

The dude's been through a lot of tough situations so sure he has endurance, durability feats but strength feats comparable to Kun? Can you share some?

DarthAnt66

Nephthys
Lol, yeah he "overpowered" them. I'm sure he had to beat them in a bladelock. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Did you see what that Terentatek's hide did to that sword? It utterly destroyed it. And he would still have to be countering their massive claws, so yeah. thumb up

Nephthys
A sword isn't a lightsaber. The sword was snapped when it hit him anyway, the hide didn't break it. And no he wouldn't you tool, he can just dodge them. He doesn't have to swordfight their claws. "Killing a Terentatek with a lightsaber" isn't a strength feat.

Wrath actually did kill one with a sword, as an acolyte, though. So did Nox and Khem.

DarthAnt66
The hide broke the sword in half. The other half was left inside the hide, and the Terentatek didn't even seem to notice. Likewise, Terentatek's have also withstood attacks from lightsabers and kept on attacking.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "he can dodge them." He has to get in close to close to kill, and in such battle the Terentatek as he would any other beast. These are monsters immersed in the dark side and can keep up with Jedi strike teams, they aren't slow, hulking slugs - and also note that Revan is on a dark side nexus, so augmention for his speed would be pretty low.

The Terentatek's "raw power and violent nature" allow it take on "teams of the most skilled warriors." So I'm not seeing how strength isn't going to be a major factor here when the website specifically states it is indeed a factor for Jedi / Sith opponents. They are also covered in massive spikes, so it's extremely difficult to even find a place to attack - and even that probably won't take them down.

I guess you can go ahead, turn a blind-eye, and deny it as a strength feat... you might have some supporters but that seems pretty ignorant of the entire point of the Terentatek.

They are bred for killing Jedi... they aren't going to be defeated by someone evading them. erm

Nephthys
The hide broke the sword in half. The other half was left inside the hide, and the Terentatek didn't even seem to notice. Likewise, Terentatek's have also withstood attacks from lightsabers and kept on attacking.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "he can dodge them." He has to get in close to close to kill, and in such battle the Terentatek as he would any other beast. These are monsters immersed in the dark side and can keep up with Jedi strike teams, they aren't slow, hulking slugs - and also note that Revan is on a dark side nexus, so augmention for his speed would be pretty low.

The Terentatek's "raw power and violent nature" allow it take on "teams of the most skilled warriors." So I'm not seeing how strength isn't going to be a major factor here when the website specifically states it is indeed a factor for Jedi / Sith opponents. They are also covered in massive spikes, so it's extremely difficult to even find a place to attack - and even that probably won't take them down.

I guess you can go ahead, turn a blind-eye, and deny it as a strength feat... you might have some supporters but that seems pretty ignorant of the entire point of the Terentatek.

They are bred for killing Jedi... they aren't going to be defeated by someone evading them. erm

No it didn't, the sword just stayed in it while he was being punched away causing it to snap. And yeah Terentateks can take lightsaber hits and keep. Just like Rancors. But Kas'im didn't overpower a rancor, he danced around it and cut it up. A Terentatek is a giant monster, you don't swordfight it.

You must be really thick if you don't understand the concept pf dodging. It's real simple kid, they attack and he ducks or sidesteps or jumps and attacks back. I cannot believe that you actually think Revan fought them by standing there and blocking their claws. You don't fight beasts like that. Obi-Wan didn't swordfight that Acklay. When Windu tried to just stand there and slash the Reek he got tossed on his ass. And even if that's what he did it wouldn't be a strength feat because he's got a ****ing lightsaber. It's claws would be cut in half or something, there'd be no Metalface-esque saberlock, no contest of strength. Also Lol at the nexus making him slow.

No, it's a factor for the Terentatek because it's a huge monster that uses it's size and strength to fight. A Jedi doesn't have to beat them in those area's to kill one because they aren't huge monsters.

People will agree with me because they aren't moron's who think you swordfight the dragon.

Yeah, they're killed by evading them then attacking. That's how fighting works. You avoid the pointy bit then hit the not point bit.

DarthAnt66
You just repeated exactly what you said last time - just added more words and a couple bad "examples". mmm

My point stands. Don't believe it, idgaf at this point. But for the future, bring some new arguments to the table please.

Nephthys
I responded to your arguments. But sure, whatever you need to say to save face.

DarthAnt66
I generally consider a "response" to be longer than a sentence and have some evidence to support it than an "lol" or "no", tbh.

You aren't even really getting the gist of what my argument is either, so your points are addressing stuff I never really even stated.

Nephthys
lol no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.