Grievous & Ventress vs. Ti, Unduli & Secura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Grievous as of Revenge of the Sith, Ventress as of The Clone Wars.

Shaak Ti as of The Force Unleashed, Luminara as of Revenge of the Sith, and Aayla Secura as of Revenge of the Sith.

Can these esteemed Masters take down the disciples of Dooku, or will they join the list of Jedi slaughtered by the duo? Battle takes place in Kino Der Toten.

Bonus round: Losing team gets Legends Quinlan Vos.

McP
Well, ROTS Grievous is much more similar as a fighter to TCW Grievous then legends!Grievous. There should be a split between him and Ti, or some small advantage for Ti.
Ventress, as I remember, already lost to Secura and Unduli.

Jedi should take this.

Bonus:
Legends Vos is superior to Secura, and Jedi lost their numbers advantage. Luminara should be able to hold her own against either Grievous or Ventress, but she wont be able to beat any of them.
Even if Ti will be able to beat Grievous or Ventress, I doubt that she will do that before Vos will finish Secura.
Dooku's disciples takes bonus round. And Jedi will kill one of them at best.

DarthAnt66
Grievous as depicted in the movie or novel?

McP
Is that that important? Even novel Grievous was stomped by Kenobi, who was on the other hand beaten by exhasuted Dooku's simple kick. Even in the novel, Grievous isn't great.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by McP
Is that that important? Even novel Grievous was stomped by Kenobi, who was on the other hand beaten by exhasuted Dooku's simple kick. Even in the novel, Grievous isn't great. I wouldn't say he was stomped. A stomp is when a fight lasts for mere seconds and is one sided. Grievous actually managed to overload Kenobi's defensives. Dooku Force choked Kenobi and then threw him into a railing, then collapsed the walkway on top of him.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by McP
Is that that important? Even novel Grievous was stomped by Kenobi, who was on the other hand beaten by exhasuted Dooku's simple kick. Even in the novel, Grievous isn't great.
In the novel, Grievous is basically far faster than Dooku, so yeah.

carthage
Probably team 1 seeing as no one of the other Jedi have shown anything suggesting they could destroy Grievous in the force. Ventress can kill Ti

R2: Probably team 2 due to superior numbers

Emperordmb
Leaning team two atm in round one. Whatever team wins round one loses round two.

TFU Ti I could potentially see beating Grievous with her force abilities, but I'm unsure how Unduli and Secura vs Ventress would go. Secura's hard for me to place from getting kicked in the face by Maul to losing to Vos to actually performing well against Aurra Sing so I'm not entirely sure how good I'd say she is, and apparently Luminara's great with teamwork. If this fight stays a 3v2 instead of splitting off into a 1v1 and a 1v2, I could also see Luminara and Shaak Ti's fighting styles meshing well.

Selenial
Are the stories from the Clone Wars Adventures Wii game canon?

If so, we already know that a Ventress with prep can't beat a weakened and tired Luminara/Aayla tag team...

|King Joker|
To be fair, that wasn't Ventress in her prime - she gets more experienced and powerful later in the Clone Wars. But I'm pretty sure that fight is canon. I don't remember Luminara and Aayla being tired or anything, though... mmm

AncientPower
Jedii wins.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Grievous as depicted in the movie or novel? mmm What do you think each team's chances would be with the different versions of Grievous?

McP
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
In the novel, Grievous is basically far faster than Dooku, so yeah.

Nope, he wasn't. His pathetic spinning technique enable him to provide much more blows per second then any other duelist. But that's all. Kenobi was fast enough to block and even evade his blows. And Dooku was even faster then Kenobi.

|King Joker|
BuMp

ILS
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Secura's hard for me to place from getting kicked in the face by Maul to losing to Vos to actually performing well against Aurra Sing so I'm not entirely sure how good I'd say she is Maul and Vos are just on a different level from Aurra, methinks.

Emperordmb
I'd disagree with legends Vos

ILS
He held on against Sora for several minutes while struggling mentally, and before reaching his peak over the course of two years of rehabilitation (it was explicitly noted Vos' connection to the Force grew). Aurra doesn't have much to compare that I know of or have actually been presented with.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Secura's hard for me to place from getting kicked in the face by Maul to losing to Vos to actually performing well against Aurra Sing so I'm not entirely sure how good I'd say she is.

Well Maul would give hell even to Jedi High Council members, also getting kicked doesn't mean he won. If that was the case then Kenobi won against Maul twice on Florrum. Overall that duel was to short to draw any conclusion from it (not that I think Aayla would beat Maul).
As for Vos, when they engaged during the Clone Wars Aayla didn't want to fight him. On the other hand when she was still a padawan, as well as being minde wiped she fought evenly with Vos.

Overall she has some pretty good accolades, her CV respect thread had been updated recently, you should check it out.

ILS
Lol, Zoltan, you've rightly pointed out that Aayla didn't want to fight Vos in their second fight but have forgotten to note that in their first the roles were reversed: Aayla was bloodlusted, Vos was fighting only defensively because he didn't want to kill his padawan.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ILS
Lol, Zoltan, you've rightly pointed out that Aayla didn't want to fight Vos in their second fight but have forgotten to note that in their first the roles were reversed: Aayla was bloodlusted, Vos was fighting only defensively because he didn't want to kill his padawan.

That's true, but she was still a mind wiped padawan. Vos could've ragdolled her or something if he were able.

ILS
Their mindwipes didn't hinder them in combat due to muscle memory.

|King Joker|
Who do you think wins this fight, King Boobie?

DarthAnt66
If it's ROTS novel Grievous, Team 1 destroys.

ILS
Team 1 tbh

|King Joker|
Can Vos tip the scales for Team 2 in the bonus round?

ILS
Probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.