Back to the Future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Happy Back to the Future day.

quanchi112
Brother is making me go see these today at the theatre. Well, I'm not staying for the third.

Digi
dpUZWIwdp_E

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Brother is making me go

LoL, still can't stand up to your brother. Your frailty has been noted (again).

MF DELPH
Know what always tripped me out about the first Back to the Future:

When Marty comes back to the present and sees himself hop in the Deloreon in the timeline where Doc Brown puts the bulletproof vest on the Marty that hops in the car and presumably goes into the past is the son of the confident, successful George McFly that has Biff wash his car, not the socially inept weak George that Biff takes advantage of (Prime Marty). What happens to that other version of Marty?

Time-Immemorial
I never thought I would see such a shitty 2016 compared to BTTF.

Maybe if the US stopped giving all its money away to the world and started innovating again.

I mean the hoverboards we have a joke, we have no flying cars.

I blame free energy suppression for our lack luster advancement in technology.

jaden101
Originally posted by MF DELPH

When Marty comes back to the present and sees himself hop in the Deloreon in the timeline where Doc Brown puts the bulletproof vest on the Marty that hops in the car and presumably goes into the past is the son of the confident, successful George McFly that has Biff wash his car, not the socially inept weak George that Biff takes advantage of (Prime Marty). What happens to that other version of Marty?

He got Parkinsons too.

jaden101
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Maybe if the US stopped giving all its money away to the world and started innovating again.

Be honest. You want one of those metal hats

Digi
5th reply folks. So the under wins on "How long until until the thread turns political?" See Bardock to collect your winnings.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
He got Parkinsons too.

In 30 years we still have not found a cure. Im sure he would have been disappointed to know this.

Robtard

Nah, cos that Marty that's being watched by Marty still hasn't been on his trip and altered the past. To him, it's all new.

edit: This is probably a better answer

He got Parkinsons too.

Time-Immemorial
Be honest. You want one of those metal hats

Free energy exists, whether you understand the concepts of it or not. Just because you can't understand it, doesn't make the person talking about it crazy. Your metal hat comment was just a way to dismiss my claim and marginalize it.

Digi

It's almost impossible to do a time travel story without plot holes like this. They were less aware of it in the 80's, of course, but it's not like more recent fare has done much better.

Probably the only sincere attempt I've seen to depict it realistically is Primer. And that movie is an unmitigated clusterf--- of confusion, because that's exactly what would happen with split timelines and such. Like, imagine Prime Marty stops the other from traveling back. What then? Then do similar permutations for about 11 iterations, with multiple versions of characters in an ever-increasing number of timelines. And after a certain point you can't even be sure which version you're seeing anymore. That's basically Primer in a nutshell.

Robtard

Did you hear that Clock-Ahmed's family is moving to Qatar and now the US has lost another potential genius. Thanks Texas!

MF DELPH
Free energy exists, whether you understand the concepts of it or not. Just because you can't understand it, doesn't make the person talking about it crazy. Your metal hat comment was just a way to dismiss my claim and marginalize it.

I don't think the lack of innovation has as much to do with giving money away to other nations as aid as much as the effort by domestic corporations to milk a technology for all it's worth, coupled with the lack of public demand. Solar panel technology has been around for decades and every house isn't equipped with them, and that's due to a combination of most citizens either not finding them economically viable or they simply don't like the way they look on their homes. The issue is the priorities of the populace.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you hear that Clock-Ahmed's family is moving to Qatar and now the US has lost another potential genius. Thanks Texas!

Did you hear this from Bill Maher?

Robtard
Solar panels are pricey and it takes X amount of years of using them to return in savings what they cost to install, even with states like CA where you get tax breaks and discounts.

Homeowners who own homes they rent out are likely not going to put the money into a rental, as there's no real incentive, leaving that aspect of housing completely out.

Give it time though, the technology will improve and the prices will drop. Read somewhere that they now have transparent solar panels, which means your windows can double as energy producers.

Robtard
Did you hear this from Bill Maher?

No, was on news-radio this morning.

Time-Immemorial
Good I'll wait to hear it from Bill Maher. I don't trust anyone else.

Digi
So, seeing as how your OP is "Happy BttF Day!" and your next post is an unprovoked rant on energy and innovation, what was the real reason for this thread?

Robtard
Thought you didn't like Maher cos he's a "liberal".

Time-Immemorial
Thought you didn't like Maher cos he's a "liberal".
Actually I said I liked him a few times. He might be liberal but he didn't lose his balls along the way, like most do.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
So, seeing as how your OP is "Happy BttF Day!" and your next post is an unprovoked rant on energy and innovation, what was the real reason for this thread?

Wrong, mind keeping it down? The discussion was going on fine without you playing some quasi angry poster because the discussion was evolving beyond your small scope or vision of the future.

MF DELPH
Solar panels are pricey and it takes X amount of years of using them to return in savings what they cost to install, even with states like CA where you get tax breaks and discounts.

Homeowners who own homes they rent out are likely not going to put the money into a rental, as there's no real incentive, leaving that aspect of housing completely out.

Give it time though, the technology will improve and the prices will drop. Read somewhere that they now have transparent solar panels, which means your windows can double as energy producers.

I just got solar panels installed on my new house here in California for free (actual free) from Solar City. They have programs out here via partnerships with PG & E because local governments actually want people to get solar panels, and people still aren't doing it with no out of pocket cost.

Surtur
Is this day an actual thing? Why is the day in October? Wouldn't it make sense to be on the day the film first came out?

Time-Immemorial
How much power do you get to keep? Wasn't I the person that talked to you about those when you told us you bought a house?

MF DELPH
It's the day the character in the film traveled to in the future in part 2 of the series.

Surtur
I see, damn I'm disappointed I was hoping there was some BttF holiday I'd missed out on.

Digi
Wrong, mind keeping it down? The discussion was going on fine without you playing some quasi angry poster because the discussion was evolving belond your small scope or vision of the future.

laughing out loud

Sorry, I'll turn the volume down on my rage-filled lack of vision for the future.

Surtur
This should be a day we honor and talk about all the great films Michael J Fox has given us since BttF. Films like "Doc Hollywood" and "Life with Mikey" will remain in the hearts and minds of people for generations to come.

MF DELPH
How much power do you get to keep? Wasn't I the person that talked to you about those when you told us you bought a house?

Yeah, you were, and the system is an 80/20 split per the agreement, and I'm supposed to get a credit back at the end of each year for generating more than my usage.

jaden101

Na I was just talking about the metal hat

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEvtA6xVEAATtH5.jpg

Do you even BTTF Bro?

quanchi112
LoL, still can't stand up to your brother. Your frailty has been noted (again). You didn't hear me say I'm not seeing the third. Oh Robbie. Always nipping at my bootheels.

Robtard
Just stand up to your brother, sport, you're supposed to be a grown man.

quanchi112
Just stand up to your brother, sport, you're supposed to be a grown man. Quit prying into my personal affairs.

Time-Immemorial
Yeah, you were, and the system is an 80/20 split per the agreement, and I'm supposed to get a credit back at the end of each year for generating more than my usage.

I'm guessing the power company gets 80% or do you?

Ascendancy
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42016407/Scotts.png

Zat was my home screen yesterday just for kicks. Shame we won't have more BTTF moments to come.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit prying into my personal affairs.

Rob is obsessed with other people's affairs.

Adam_PoE
I dressed as Marty McFly on Back to the Future 2 Day. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.