KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Back to the Future

Back to the Future
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Back to the Future

Happy Back to the Future day.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 05:29 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Brother is making me go see these today at the theatre. Well, I'm not staying for the third.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 05:46 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 05:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Brother is making me go

LoL, still can't stand up to your brother. Your frailty has been noted (again).

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Know what always tripped me out about the first Back to the Future:

When Marty comes back to the present and sees himself hop in the Deloreon in the timeline where Doc Brown puts the bulletproof vest on the Marty that hops in the car and presumably goes into the past is the son of the confident, successful George McFly that has Biff wash his car, not the socially inept weak George that Biff takes advantage of (Prime Marty). What happens to that other version of Marty?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:24 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never thought I would see such a shitty 2016 compared to BTTF.

Maybe if the US stopped giving all its money away to the world and started innovating again.

I mean the hoverboards we have a joke, we have no flying cars.

I blame free energy suppression for our lack luster advancement in technology.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:29 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MF DELPH

When Marty comes back to the present and sees himself hop in the Deloreon in the timeline where Doc Brown puts the bulletproof vest on the Marty that hops in the car and presumably goes into the past is the son of the confident, successful George McFly that has Biff wash his car, not the socially inept weak George that Biff takes advantage of (Prime Marty). What happens to that other version of Marty?

He got Parkinsons too.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:29 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Maybe if the US stopped giving all its money away to the world and started innovating again.

Be honest. You want one of those metal hats

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:30 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

5th reply folks. So the under wins on "How long until until the thread turns political?" See Bardock to collect your winnings.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
He got Parkinsons too.

In 30 years we still have not found a cure. Im sure he would have been disappointed to know this.

Robtard
Senor Member

Nah, cos that Marty that's being watched by Marty still hasn't been on his trip and altered the past. To him, it's all new.

edit: This is probably a better answer

He got Parkinsons too.

Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Be honest. You want one of those metal hats

Free energy exists, whether you understand the concepts of it or not. Just because you can't understand it, doesn't make the person talking about it crazy. Your metal hat comment was just a way to dismiss my claim and marginalize it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:34 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

It's almost impossible to do a time travel story without plot holes like this. They were less aware of it in the 80's, of course, but it's not like more recent fare has done much better.

Probably the only sincere attempt I've seen to depict it realistically is Primer. And that movie is an unmitigated clusterf--- of confusion, because that's exactly what would happen with split timelines and such. Like, imagine Prime Marty stops the other from traveling back. What then? Then do similar permutations for about 11 iterations, with multiple versions of characters in an ever-increasing number of timelines. And after a certain point you can't even be sure which version you're seeing anymore. That's basically Primer in a nutshell.

Last edited by Digi on Oct 21st, 2015 at 06:36 PM

Robtard
Senor Member

Did you hear that Clock-Ahmed's family is moving to Qatar and now the US has lost another potential genius. Thanks Texas!

illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Free energy exists, whether you understand the concepts of it or not. Just because you can't understand it, doesn't make the person talking about it crazy. Your metal hat comment was just a way to dismiss my claim and marginalize it.

I don't think the lack of innovation has as much to do with giving money away to other nations as aid as much as the effort by domestic corporations to milk a technology for all it's worth, coupled with the lack of public demand. Solar panel technology has been around for decades and every house isn't equipped with them, and that's due to a combination of most citizens either not finding them economically viable or they simply don't like the way they look on their homes. The issue is the priorities of the populace.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:35 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Did you hear that Clock-Ahmed's family is moving to Qatar and now the US has lost another potential genius. Thanks Texas!

Did you hear this from Bill Maher?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Solar panels are pricey and it takes X amount of years of using them to return in savings what they cost to install, even with states like CA where you get tax breaks and discounts.

Homeowners who own homes they rent out are likely not going to put the money into a rental, as there's no real incentive, leaving that aspect of housing completely out.

Give it time though, the technology will improve and the prices will drop. Read somewhere that they now have transparent solar panels, which means your windows can double as energy producers.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Did you hear this from Bill Maher?

No, was on news-radio this morning.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:40 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good I'll wait to hear it from Bill Maher. I don't trust anyone else.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:42 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

So, seeing as how your OP is "Happy BttF Day!" and your next post is an unprovoked rant on energy and innovation, what was the real reason for this thread?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 06:45 PM