Darth Malak vs. Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
?v=GCYDE_BIilo

smile

FreshestSlice
Why the **** did it take forty-six and a half minutes to come up with such utter garbage? Got keks for dayz off even the idea of this shit.

|King Joker|
Jensaarai1 is ****ing hilarious.

S_W_LeGenD
Yoda.

S_W_LeGenD
Bump.

If some members think that I am not objective in my views, here is proof to the contrary.

SunRazer
When it's as obvious as this, I don't think anybody could even hope to argue for Malak. So this doesn't do your credibility any favors, Legend.

Nephthys
"Overall I see Malak as being the superior duelist."

****in' LOL!!!

SunRazer
Jensaari reckons Yoda is below Aayla-tier as a swordsman, lmfao.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
When it's as obvious as this, I don't think anybody could even hope to argue for Malak. So this doesn't do your credibility any favors, Legend.
Well, I can still make this discussion interesting at minimum.

1. Yoda will be on the offensive or defensive at the start of the duel? Yoda is generally defensive.

2. If Darth Malak decides to attack Yoda with Force Drain powers, then what will be Yoda's counter-response and strategy?

It is abundantly clear that Force Drain powers are extremely difficult to counter. It is unclear how Revan handled this matter since his duel is not documented.

Darth Malak is massively underrated, my friend. I have my disagreements with Jensaari but he surprised me with this footage.

Darth Malak's performance against Revan implies that he can challenge Yoda and his performance will be better then that of Count Dooku. Author Drew Karpyshyn also revealed that he envisions the duel between Darth Malak and Revan on Star Forge as brutal and lengthy, spanning several pages. Now somebody may argue that Darth Malak could fight more effectively on Star Forge but he can use his Force Drain powers in a neutral setting as well, no?

Yoda have advantage in dueling skills so he is likely to outduel Darth Malak at some point and win. No arguments in this case.

However, Yoda's tactics will matter; he should be on the offensive from get-go so that he doesn't grants Darth Malak much opportunity to experiment with his options during the duel. But Yoda tends to be defensive.

----

Anyways, I do not tend to favor a character by virtue of my liking. I have my share of exaggerations at times but I prefer to retain objectivity wherever possible.

Vaylin is not my favorite character but this doesn't prevents me from looking at her feats objectively. Same goes for Darth Vader and Starkiller.

Also, you think that fans of PT/OT/Legacy era lore are transparent on average? Far from it.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
Jensaari reckons Yoda is below Aayla-tier as a swordsman, lmfao.
This is utter nonsense, if true. (Pointing finger towards Jensaari)

EmperorSidious2
Yoda

Nephthys
I love you Legend.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
I love you Legend.
eek!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thing is: Malak can actually be wanked to be > Yoda lmfao.

DarthAnt66
This is pleasing.

Jmanghan
I used to think he was pretty good, until saying stupid shit like Yoda couldn't get past Vader's defenses, and this.

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
If some members think that I am not objective in my views, here is proof to the contrary.

clapping

ILS
Lol'd so f*cking hard at Legend being like:

"you guys want to see objective? Oh, I'll give you objective...

Yoda beats Darth Malak

THERE I SAID IT"

this board is such a shithole it's great

|King Joker|
Amen

Emperordmb
Brought to you by the same guy who said Zannah has nothing on Tholme.

NewGuy01
Uh... no?

FreshestSlice
Ataru is a pretty defensive style. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

McP
It's a sad to see Bandele cooperating with a clowns of Jennsary's and Reti4's calibers.

He's by far the only youtubers from the "council of clowns" that is worth of watching.

And Yoda stomps. Without a lighstaber. Or without hands. W/e

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by McP
It's a sad to see Bandele cooperating with a clowns of Jennsary's and Reti4's calibers.

He's by far the only youtubers from the "council of clowns" that is worth of watching.

And Yoda stomps. Without a lighstaber. Or without hands. W/e

DarthAnt66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11117/111178634/4872850-3042564217-JenTh.png

Trocity
LOL f*** me.

Nephthys
Ventress > Sidious confirmed mother****er.

TheNuisanceBird
Says Dooku isn't top tier. Lol

McP
KENOBI > SIDIOUS as duelist? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Oh god, he's far more pathetic then I thought

Emperordmb
Anyone notice how Jen and Nova always say "Yeah they can beat some people, but when they're going up against someone better than they are they lose, so therefore they aren't effective." Or "they can easily overpower most people with the force, but they have a hard time doing so to opponents who are on par or greater than them, therefore their force powers are inefficient."

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Anyone notice how Jen and Nova always say "Yeah they can beat some people, but when they're going up against someone better than they are they lose, so therefore they aren't effective." Or "they can easily overpower most people with the force, but they have a hard time doing so to opponents who are on par or greater than them, therefore their force powers are inefficient."

They borrow certain parts of each other's scripts a lot.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11117/111178634/4872850-3042564217-JenTh.png While Obi-Wan would lose, his Soresu is the best in the mythos, and he probably wouldn't get blitzed.

He'd last long then Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar though.

Emperordmb
Yeah but both of those statements are ****ing stupid nothing self confirming hypotheticals which could apply to anyone.

|King Joker|
Evan's a moron so he just parrots whatever Jensaarai says.

Nephthys
I actually listened to the video while playing TOR and his reasoning for Malak's skills is totally bullshit. He basically guesses that he's created a hybrid style and rampantly speculates about his tactics, strengths and weaknesses. Then he goes on and on about Yoda being a shitty duelist who's a one-trick pony and has terrible tactics.

Emperordmb
"Yoda's shortcomings are terrible and it's embarrassing for him because they're self imposed. I mean like five duelists can actually defeat Yoda. What a loser."-Jensaarai1 logic

Nephthys
"Yoda put all his eggs on Ataru and failed to add anything that made up for his weaknesses, making him very limited in his capacity"

-5 minutes later-

"*mumbles*Yoda was a master of all forms of lightsaber combat but*mumbles* HE ONLY USED ATARU AND WAS SHIT!"

SunRazer
Who the hell manages to listen past the "HeLLOOO YOutube!" part, anyway?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.