Kyle Katarn vs. ROTJ Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Kyle as of Fury

Force, sabers, all out

Jmanghan
Luke crushes him instantly.

Deronn_solo
Luke for 'Sabers, and all-out. I'm pretty torn on the Force, though. Luke has more raw power and intrinsic aptitude - but Katarn has a wider range of Force abilities to draw upon such Force Lightning, and Darkshear.

carthage
What are his lightning feats?

Deronn_solo
Prolly killing Stormtroopers and shit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Luke for 'Sabers, and all-out. I'm pretty torn on the Force, though. Luke has more raw power and intrinsic aptitude - but Katarn has a wider range of Force abilities to draw upon such Force Lightning, and Darkshear. ROTJ Luke was Vaders most powerful opponent in every aspect.

Deronn_solo
LAL@ Luke being more powerful than Galen and Starkiller. Luke could barely hold up an AT-ST; Starkiller was busting frigates and Galen was redirecting the descent of a falling Imperial Star Destroyer.

Skywalker frankly, doesn't compare. erm

Jmanghan
LAL@ Luke being more powerful than Galen and Starkiller. Luke could barely hold up an AT-ST; Starkiller was busting frigates and Galen was redirecting the descent of a falling Imperial Star Destroyer.

Skywalker frankly, doesn't compare. erm Implying that Force Unleashed was canon is stupid.

Deronn_solo
It is for Legends....which is the versions we're using. erm

FreshestSlice
Don't get into, DC; you'll regret it.

Jmanghan
It is for Legends....which is the versions we're using. erm The Force Unleashed isn't part of the timeline. Jaden and Kyle Katarn are, thats how it was before Disney bought the license, thats how it is now.

Deronn_solo
Proof Disney retconned TFU from Legends canon, pls.

Jmanghan
Proof Disney retconned TFU from Legends canon, pls. The movies themselves are canon.

Movies 1-6 are STILL canon.

TFU was never, ever canon, and just because Legends are also not canon, does not mean TFU is now canon to Legends.

Jmanghan
I do agree that Galen Marek is more powerful then Luke Skywalker as of ROTJ though.

FreshestSlice
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/605/806/3a1.jpg

Deronn_solo
Proof TFU was never, ever canon pls. 'Cause by simply opening up a Star Wars novel, and viewing the timeline you can see it's listed in the continuity.

Jmanghan
Proof TFU was never, ever canon pls. 'Cause by simply opening up a Star Wars novel, and viewing the timeline you can see it's listed in the continuity. Because it completely contradicts the movies.

Vader never had an apprentice, Vader was never defeated by his imaginary non-canon apprentice.

FreshestSlice
Kind of like how Vader leading and training a bunch of Inquisitors contradicts the movies. thumb up...No wait, neither of those things do that at all.

Deronn_solo
Hmm, so using your logic, Ahsoka isn't canon either? 'Cause I don't recall Anakin having an apprentice/padawan, or Tano being in the movies, or even mentioned there either.

Of course, this is just one of the flaws in your logic.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Kind of like how Vader leading and training a bunch of Inquisitors contradicts the movies. thumb up...No wait, neither of those things do that at all. Except in TFU, Marek is literally the inspiration for the Rebel Alliance :/.

No, scratch that, he is the founder, and the inspiration for the Rebel Alliance, that contradicts the movies because he is never mentioned.

What about the Starkiller clone? Should he be canon too? Because, y'know, Vader getting captured and such, bunch of Starkiller clones. Luke near the middle of TFU should already have been off on his adventure with Ben Kenobi and such.

OH, what about him? Why isn't Ben Kenobi mentioned? Or Yoda? Why only Rahm Kota?

Also, Vader himself says that Luke as of ESB was the greatest opponent he'd ever faced.

Jmanghan
Hmm, so using your logic, Ahsoka isn't canon either? 'Cause I don't recall Anakin having an apprentice/padawan, or Tano being in the movies, or even mentioned there either.

Of course, this is just one of the flaws in your logic. Shes canon because shes in Rebels.

But TFU is a different timeline.

Jmanghan
Disney kinda screwed themselves with their continuity.

FreshestSlice

Jmanghan
Except you completely ignored practically all my other points in that argument, dumbass.

It's in conflict with that because it's literally impossible Vader was dealing with Luke and Starkiller at the same time, one is conflicted with the other, no matter how you look at it.

Luke was part of the Rebel Alliance. The Rebel Alliance had already been around a very long time.

TFU is like, what, 19 years into the Life of Darth Vader as a sith lord.

Luke was 19-20 at the most when he went off on his journey, so thats all fine and dandy. That means that TFU being canon is possible, right?

Wrong, Luke would've been TFU II if that were the case, if TFU is canon, so is TFU II, its also safe to assume that its been a year AT LEAST since the events of TFU.

Deronn_solo
I think Jman has never heard of a thing called retroactive continuity. It's a beautiful concept, tbh.

Star Wars timeline and sourcebooks accpeted it as canon, then it just is.

/discussion.

Jmanghan
Starkiller, in his own story, is essentially Luke.

Luke would've heard about Vader getting captured by some random Starkiller clone, and taken to a Rebel Base.

So why didn't he?

Because Starkiller is basically Luke in his timeline.

Guarantee you if they one day release a Force Unleashed 3, it will be about taking down The Emperor.

FreshestSlice
Except Luke and Leia both exist in TFU as Luke and Leia the children of Anakin Skywalker.
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except you completely ignored practically all my other points in that argument, dumbass.

No, no I didn't. But let me go through this list of stupidity before I call it a night.

It's a good thing TFU and TFU II all happen before Vader even knows Luke exists then, isn't it?

No. Not it was not. The only thing that establishes the Rebel Alliance in any shape or form being "a very long time," is Rebels.

It means you're pretty ****ing stupid. ANH is in 0 ABY. TFU and TFU II are in 1 BBY. Therefore this is a year before A New Hope even begins.

Some pretty sound logic if you pretty soundly mentally impaired.

Now, if you have any more retarded points to bring up without at least having the decency to use Wookieepedia and Google, I'll get to them tomorrow.

NTJack0
Anyone wanting TFU as actual lore makes me sad.

Deronn_solo
Wheather one wants it there or not, isn't actually relevent to the point. I find most of TOR to be putrid, but I'm not going to ignore facts and not render it apart of the Legends continunity.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not it was not. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.