POD Trainee Bane vs. Vaylin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Bonus Bane gets Sirak, Fohargh, and Githany

Who wins round 1?

Force, sabers, all out

S_W_LeGenD
laughing out loud

Vaylin reduces him to subatomic particles.

Kosmos Supreme
Originally posted by carthage
*Bonus Bane gets Sirak, Fohargh, and Githany

Who wins round 1?

Force, sabers, all out
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131206112402/powerlisting/images/thumb/5/50/Implied_Facepalm.jpg/500px-Implied_Facepalm.jpg

Deronn_solo
Bane.

Fated Xtasy
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/umy.gif

Nephthys
Since carthage is an idiot and thinks that Bane at the end of the book somehow qualifies as a trainee, I'm gonna assume he means that Bane in which case Bane wins.

SunRazer
Assuming Academy Bane? He loses, except in sabers he could overwhelm Vaylin through numbers in the bonus.

End of the book Bane takes sabers and wins all with the allies.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
Assuming Academy Bane? He loses, except in sabers he could overwhelm Vaylin through numbers in the bonus.

End of the book Bane takes sabers and wins all with the allies.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131206112402/powerlisting/images/thumb/5/50/Implied_Facepalm.jpg/500px-Implied_Facepalm.jpg

Nephthys
You underestimate PoD Bane.

S_W_LeGenD
No, I don't.

I am one of the few members who respect Darth Bane. However, I understand his limitations as well. He could not overwhelm Kas'im and you think he will defeat Vaylin?

Nephthys
Kas'im's skills as a duelist were extraordinarily high. He was the best combatant in the Brotherhood and had perfected his skills with every form. And Bane did overwhelm him. He had a counter to everything Kas'im could do (which was all techniques for all lightsaber forms) and drove him into a desperate frenzied retreat. Only Kas'im producing a dual blade style turned the tide, and thats only because he specifically sabotaged Bane's training by not giving him any counters for that style.

Vaylin's lightsaber skills haven't been established much yet. She's not on Kas'im or Bane's level.

Bane's force powers at the end of the book easily rival Vaylin's. That generator she rips a side off was utterly dwarfed by the temple Bane destroyed and his wave had enough power to liquefy Kas'im. He has lightning capable of easily disintegrating 2 men and turning a drexl into a lump of charred meat. When confronted by Kaan's galaxy-wide telepathy, Bane laughed him off.

Bane's the Sith'ari for a reason bro.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kas'im's skills as a duelist were extraordinarily high. He was the best combatant in the Brotherhood and had perfected his skills with every form. And Bane did overwhelm him. He had a counter to everything Kas'im could do (which was all techniques for all lightsaber forms) and drove him into a desperate frenzied retreat. Only Kas'im producing a dual blade style turned the tide, and thats only because he specifically sabotaged Bane's training by not giving him any counters for that style.

Vaylin's lightsaber skills haven't been established much yet. She's not on Kas'im or Bane's level.
Yes, I see that. However, Vaylin is not a straightforward Lightsaber duelist. She will sense Darth Bane's strength and determine her course of action accordingly. If she attacks him with a Lightsaber and does not achieves a breakthrough, she will likely resort to her Force powers to achieve a breakthrough. It's not like that Darth Bane can disarm her in a single move.

Nonetheless, it is useless to speculate about Vaylin's skills with a Lightsaber if they haven't been established yet. There is no reason to assume that Senya sucks with a Lightsaber or is not par with the likes of Darth Bane and Kas'im in these matters. Moreover, Vaylin might have been emotionally conflicted in her duel with Senya but she does not have this problem in this hypothetical confrontation.

Bane's force powers at the end of the book easily rival Vaylin's. That generator she rips a side off was utterly dwarfed by the temple Bane destroyed and his wave had enough power to liquefy Kas'im. He has lightning capable of easily disintegrating 2 men and turning a drexl into a lump of charred meat. When confronted by Kaan's galaxy-wide telepathy, Bane laughed him off.

Bane's the Sith'ari for a reason bro.
Utterly dwarfed? Utterly wrong, my friend.

http://i65.tinypic.com/219yz61.png

Now check this link: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t619116.html

In the link, you can see how small individuals are in comparison to those trees on that bridge. That structure (below the power core) is like 15 - 20 floors tall.

Moreover, Darth Bane was on a nexus and destroyed a weakened building whose maintenance had been neglected for a long time and integrity had been compromised by firepower from Starships centuries ago. You may argue that the nexus environment did not make much difference but we don't ever witness Darth Bane performing such monumental feats in other settings. And he is known to fuel his strength from the energies of the nexus environment.

Vaylin was in a neutral setting and destroyed a well-maintained gigantic structure.

Therefore, Darth Bane's supposed superiority or even parity with Vaylin in the matters of raw power is questionable.

Sinious
Yeah, Bane's temple feat doesn't outshine Vaylin's feat.

Nephthys
I said "rival".

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Yes, I see that. However, Vaylin is not a straightforward Lightsaber duelist. She will sense Darth Bane's strength and determine her course of action accordingly. If she attacks him with a Lightsaber and does not achieves a breakthrough, she will likely resort to her Force powers to achieve a breakthrough. It's not like that Darth Bane can disarm her in a single move.

Nonetheless, it is useless to speculate about Vaylin's skills with a Lightsaber if they haven't been established yet. There is no reason to assume that Senya sucks with a Lightsaber or is not par with the likes of Darth Bane and Kas'im in these matters. Moreover, Vaylin might have been emotionally conflicted in her duel with Senya but she does not have this problem in this hypothetical confrontation.

I was backing up Q99's point that Bane would defeat her in lightsaber combat. Also this thread is a saber. force, all out thread. So my discussing their respective skills with a lightsaber is significant for one of the 3 sections of the fight. And is significant for the all out section. Even if Vaylin attempts to switch to the Force, she has no feats that suggest she's fast enough and skilled enough to put distance between herself and Bane. Also Bane is easily rivalling her in TK. He can tank her Force attacks and continue to attack her in melee until she is overwhelmed.

I'm not speculating about Vaylin's lightsaber abilities. I'm saying that they're unestablished. We've seen some gameplay stuff from her but nothing to get a concrete grasp on her. However, unless someone has actually proven their ability, it is actually valid to assume they aren't on par with the likes of Bane and Kas'im who are two of the best duelists ever. Senya and Vaylin need to have something to their names before anyone can make the argument they can stack up with Bane and Kas'im. "Well maybe they are" isn't good enough.

Utterly dwarfed? Utterly wrong, my friend.

http://i65.tinypic.com/219yz61.png

Now check this link: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t619116.html

In the link, you can see how small individuals are in comparison to those trees on that bridge. That structure (below the power core) is like 15 - 20 floors tall.

Moreover, Darth Bane was on a nexus and destroyed a weakened building whose maintenance had been neglected for a long time and integrity had been compromised by firepower from Starships centuries ago. You may argue that the nexus environment did not make much difference but we don't ever witness Darth Bane performing such monumental feats in other settings. And he is known to fuel his strength from the energies of the nexus environment.

Vaylin was in a neutral setting and destroyed a well-maintained gigantic structure.

Therefore, Darth Bane's supposed superiority or even parity with Vaylin in the matters of raw power is questionable.

No, utterly dwarfed. You clearly haven't seen my screenshots of the Temple of Ancients. It's far larger than the generator Vaylin rips parts out of. I can absolutely prove this if you want to go that route. Looking at the screenshot you posted only highlights how much smaller it is.

Also the temple was noted to be unaffected by age or neglect, so that doesn't factor into anything. And the fact that the temple withstood a capital ships bombardment with minimal damage only suggests how immense tough it was. It doesn't detract from the feat. All of this completely supercedes the nexus advantage, even if it existed.

Vaylin only ripped out one side of the structure. The majority of it still stood and it was in good enough condition for the Outlander to "repair" it enough to prevent a meltdown. It also took Vaylin some time to break the structure apart, several seconds.

Regardless, Vaylin lacks the power to defeat Bane through her TK and she doesn't exactly have any feats suggesting she can safely block his lightning either. She would fail to overwhelm Bane with the Force and get cut down.

Beniboybling
For once I agree with Neph, Vaylin dies.

FreshestSlice
PoD Bane isn't killing Vaylin when most of the team is getting ragdolled before the fight even begins.

Nephthys
Bane doesn't need a team. They're only a bonus round.

FreshestSlice
Bane gets shit on without the team, so I'm not even dealing with Round 1.

Nephthys
On if it's academy Bane. End of PoD Bane kicks her ass.

DarthAnt66
mmm

FreshestSlice
On if it's academy Bane. End of PoD Bane kicks her ass.
Depends.

Nephthys
On?

Trocity

Says it is useless to speculate; proceeds to speculate and make assumptions.

S_W_LeGenD
I said "rival".
On a nexus setting, my friend.

I was backing up Q99's point that Bane would defeat her in lightsaber combat. Also this thread is a saber. force, all out thread. So my discussing their respective skills with a lightsaber is significant for one of the 3 sections of the fight. And is significant for the all out section.
It is an assumption.

We don't really know who will outduel whom in this case.

Yes, Darth Bane received formal training in Jedi dueling arts but effectiveness in a Lightsaber duel is not strictly dependent on technical skill. Otherwise, Lord Kas'im should have outdueled Darth Bane.

Vaylin and Senya had a duel and Vaylin was emotionally conflicted in this confrontation. I don't think that Vaylin's performance in this particular confrontation is representative of her true effectiveness in general. Otherwise, Lana Beniko (a well-trained Sith Lord) would have outdueled her earlier .

Valyin did assert (later on) that she will not spare her mother next time.

Even if Vaylin attempts to switch to the Force, she has no feats that suggest she's fast enough and skilled enough to put distance between herself and Bane. Also Bane is easily rivalling her in TK. He can tank her Force attacks and continue to attack her in melee until she is overwhelmed.
Another assumption from you, my friend. We don't really know who is faster then whom in this case. However, I acknowledge the fact that Vaylin needs more exposure in different matters at the moment.

As for Darth Bane tanking Vaylin's Force powers, you are overreaching. He have never met a Force-user of Valyin's caliber in life. Darth Zannah doesn't stacks up to Vaylin in sheer raw power.

I'm not speculating about Vaylin's lightsaber abilities. I'm saying that they're unestablished. We've seen some gameplay stuff from her but nothing to get a concrete grasp on her. However, unless someone has actually proven their ability, it is actually valid to assume they aren't on par with the likes of Bane and Kas'im who are two of the best duelists ever. Senya and Vaylin need to have something to their names before anyone can make the argument they can stack up with Bane and Kas'im. "Well maybe they are" isn't good enough.
Then why assume Darth Bane's superiority in this matter?

I would say:-

Melee: No idea
Force: Vaylin
All-out: Vaylin (possibly)

No, utterly dwarfed. You clearly haven't seen my screenshots of the Temple of Ancients. It's far larger than the generator Vaylin rips parts out of. I can absolutely prove this if you want to go that route. Looking at the screenshot you posted only highlights how much smaller it is.
I have seen some photos. I know that is is huge.

However, you may show me (your) photos. I would prefer a photo in which a human is present for scale. Otherwise, it is not possible to estimate the size of the Temple.

Also the temple was noted to be unaffected by age or neglect, so that doesn't factor into anything. And the fact that the temple withstood a capital ships bombardment with minimal damage only suggests how immense tough it was. It doesn't detract from the feat. All of this completely supercedes the nexus advantage, even if it existed.
A Rakatan tribe known as the Elders maintained this Temple but the fate of this tribe is unclear at the moment and it was not witnessed during the era of Darth Bane.

However, we know that forces of Revan bombarded the region. It is possible that Elders were targeted and eliminated during this time.

Vaylin only ripped out one side of the structure. The majority of it still stood and it was in good enough condition for the Outlander to "repair" it enough to prevent a meltdown. It also took Vaylin some time to break the structure apart, several seconds.
That "one side" of the structure measured (15 - 20) floors in sheer height and was also thick and wide. Let's not cheapen Vaylin's actions because they were not portrayed in a manner as to give us an understanding of the size of the structure in question. However, careful examination of the cut-scenes can make it clear that the structure in question was huge.

Prevent a meltdown? The power core went bust, my friend. Its explosions killed thousands in the vicinity.

Regardless, Vaylin lacks the power to defeat Bane through her TK and she doesn't exactly have any feats suggesting she can safely block his lightning either. She would fail to overwhelm Bane with the Force and get cut down.
I really doubt this.

And this thread assumes a neutral setting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.