ROTJ Luke runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
All out battles, take place in the Geonosian arena.

1. TPM Obi-Wan
2. AOTC Anakin
3. ROTS Kit Fisto
4. Savage Opress
5. TPM Darth Maul
6. ROTS Anakin
7. ROTS Dooku

Emperordmb
5 or 6 IMO

carthage
6??

playa1258
Stops at 6.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Emperordmb
5 or 6 IMO

Tondemonai
Done at 5, no chance past

Deronn_solo
5 or 6.

Kurk
Stops at 1 yo

AncientPower
5, Maul's Juyo/Niman ****ery will surely screw up Luke's limited Form experience.

Darth Thor
I think 5 could go either way tbh. And 2 should be a challenge but one which Luke will overcome.

6 and 7 should be solidly above ROTJ Luke IMO.

carthage
Seeing as how Vader in canon was described as being more powerful than Maul/Dooku, was described as being in his prime by Filoni, and how his mastery of the force transcends Anakin. I'm not seeing how Anakin is far above him at all in anything.

FreshestSlice
I'm not seeing how that's relevant, given that RotJ Luke isn't superior to Vader.

Darth Thor
Well logically speaking Luke just got to Knight level by ROTJ whereas Anakin was there since before TCW Movie.

Given that Anakin had the greatest potential of all the Skywalkers, not really sure how logically ROTJ Luke would be > TCW Movie Anakin. Let alone ROTS Anakin or Prime Vader.

In terms of his Feat in defeating Vader, well 1) That was in a rage enhanced fit and 2) That was a Saber only battle. Wasn't exactly in Vader's interest to Tk ragdoll Luke given he was encouraging Luke to clash blades with him, and to lash out with his anger.

Of course Luke still did Incredibly well beating Vader, but that doesn't make him his equal (or superior) based on the context.

That's my opinion on the ROTJ fight anyway.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
1) That was in a rage enhanced fit

Read the novel, Luke was winning way before that.

ares834
Well logically speaking Luke just got to Knight level by ROTJ whereas Anakin was there since before TCW Movie.

confused

Angelalex242
I'm more of the opinion Luke won because Vader wasn't just fighting Luke. He was fighting Anakin Skywalker too...and eventually lost that battle. Anakin simply did not want to kill his son, and so Vader ended up seriously halfassing the 2nd death star battle.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Read the novel, Luke was winning way before that.

I've read it.

Which part you referring to exactly? The part where Luke thinks he could kill Vader if he wanted? Or the part where Vader thinks Luke has a shot at defeating him?

Post the extract please.

Originally posted by ares834
confused

I know we've been through this once before, but which part is it you don't agree with again? ROTJ Luke being Knight level? Or TCW Movie Anakin also being Knight level?

Beniboybling

Given that Anakin had the greatest potential of all the Skywalkers, not really sure how logically ROTJ Luke would be > TCW Movie Anakin. Let alone ROTS Anakin or Prime Vader.

In terms of his Feat in defeating Vader, well 1) That was in a rage enhanced fit and 2) That was a Saber only battle. Wasn't exactly in Vader's interest to Tk ragdoll Luke given he was encouraging Luke to clash blades with him, and to lash out with his anger.

Of course Luke still did Incredibly well beating Vader, but that doesn't make him his equal (or superior) based on the context.

That's my opinion on the ROTJ fight anyway. That makes sense, but I think people would point to the various sources that state they were equally matched to counter it, rather than his rage feat. And there are plenty of sources that state Luke was his father's equal.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
That makes sense, but I think people would point to the various sources that state they were equally matched to counter it, rather than his rage feat. And there are plenty of sources that state Luke was his father's equal.

I think they were equal in Sabers. They never had a TK Match up though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.