KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke runs a gauntlet

ROTJ Luke runs a gauntlet
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

ROTJ Luke runs a gauntlet

All out battles, take place in the Geonosian arena.

1. TPM Obi-Wan
2. AOTC Anakin
3. ROTS Kit Fisto
4. Savage Opress
5. TPM Darth Maul
6. ROTS Anakin
7. ROTS Dooku

Last edited by Rebel95 on Nov 8th, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

5 or 6 IMO

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

6??

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 10:06 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Stops at 6.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 12:03 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
5 or 6 IMO

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 01:16 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

Done at 5, no chance past

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

5 or 6.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stops at 1 yo

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

5, Maul's Juyo/Niman ****ery will surely screw up Luke's limited Form experience.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 12:16 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think 5 could go either way tbh. And 2 should be a challenge but one which Luke will overcome.

6 and 7 should be solidly above ROTJ Luke IMO.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 12:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Seeing as how Vader in canon was described as being more powerful than Maul/Dooku, was described as being in his prime by Filoni, and how his mastery of the force transcends Anakin. I'm not seeing how Anakin is far above him at all in anything.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 09:30 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm not seeing how that's relevant, given that RotJ Luke isn't superior to Vader.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 09:45 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well logically speaking Luke just got to Knight level by ROTJ whereas Anakin was there since before TCW Movie.

Given that Anakin had the greatest potential of all the Skywalkers, not really sure how logically ROTJ Luke would be > TCW Movie Anakin. Let alone ROTS Anakin or Prime Vader.

In terms of his Feat in defeating Vader, well 1) That was in a rage enhanced fit and 2) That was a Saber only battle. Wasn't exactly in Vader's interest to Tk ragdoll Luke given he was encouraging Luke to clash blades with him, and to lash out with his anger.

Of course Luke still did Incredibly well beating Vader, but that doesn't make him his equal (or superior) based on the context.

That's my opinion on the ROTJ fight anyway.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Darth Thor
1) That was in a rage enhanced fit

Read the novel, Luke was winning way before that.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 02:37 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Well logically speaking Luke just got to Knight level by ROTJ whereas Anakin was there since before TCW Movie.

confused

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:02 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

I'm more of the opinion Luke won because Vader wasn't just fighting Luke. He was fighting Anakin Skywalker too...and eventually lost that battle. Anakin simply did not want to kill his son, and so Vader ended up seriously halfassing the 2nd death star battle.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Read the novel, Luke was winning way before that.

I've read it.

Which part you referring to exactly? The part where Luke thinks he could kill Vader if he wanted? Or the part where Vader thinks Luke has a shot at defeating him?

Post the extract please.

Originally posted by ares834
confused

I know we've been through this once before, but which part is it you don't agree with again? ROTJ Luke being Knight level? Or TCW Movie Anakin also being Knight level?

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 10th, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 10:39 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Given that Anakin had the greatest potential of all the Skywalkers, not really sure how logically ROTJ Luke would be > TCW Movie Anakin. Let alone ROTS Anakin or Prime Vader.

In terms of his Feat in defeating Vader, well 1) That was in a rage enhanced fit and 2) That was a Saber only battle. Wasn't exactly in Vader's interest to Tk ragdoll Luke given he was encouraging Luke to clash blades with him, and to lash out with his anger.

Of course Luke still did Incredibly well beating Vader, but that doesn't make him his equal (or superior) based on the context.

That's my opinion on the ROTJ fight anyway.
That makes sense, but I think people would point to the various sources that state they were equally matched to counter it, rather than his rage feat. And there are plenty of sources that state Luke was his father's equal.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
That makes sense, but I think people would point to the various sources that state they were equally matched to counter it, rather than his rage feat. And there are plenty of sources that state Luke was his father's equal.

I think they were equal in Sabers. They never had a TK Match up though.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 12:32 PM