Boros vs. Nanatsu no Taizaiverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Boros' armor has been broken and so his true power has been released (not that we even know exactly how tough he was with the armor on...).

He goes up against the whole verse, low tiers to top tiers in one scenario, then against the whole verse at once in the 2nd scenario.

Meteoric Burst is only allowed as a last resort.

He has only basic knowledge of the NnT world (demons and their common abilities, giants, etc.) and the characters of NnT only know that he's powerful. No prep time otherwise for anyone.

How does this go?

SSJGGogeta
There's plenty of hax in NNT to take out Boros, from full counter, to dark snow.

Plus, no matter how strong he is, he still couldn't beat Ban. And Ban can steal his strength, to make himself stronger, and Boros weaker.

TBH, a tag team of Ban and Meliodas would beat Boros.

danteiscool
Dark Snow, maybe yeah. Full Counter only works against non-physical strikes though.

Given his performance against even a casual Saitama (whose punches prior to that fight could one shot villains around City level), I'd say Boros' strength and speed exceed most of the characters in NnT. So I doubt they'd take him out THAT fast.

Again, as I said too, Meteoric Burst is allowed as a last resort too.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by danteiscool
Dark Snow, maybe yeah. Full Counter only works against non-physical strikes though.

Given his performance against even a casual Saitama (whose punches prior to that fight could one shot villains around City level), I'd say Boros' strength and speed exceed most of the characters in NnT. So I doubt they'd take him out THAT fast.

Again, as I said too, Meteoric Burst is allowed as a last resort too.

Boros' most impressive ability though, Planet buster roar cannon, is non-physical, and would demonstrably be turned back on him at even greater power. Which would leave him severely wounded and weakened.

And yeah, I'm not arguing that Boros isn't stronger and faster than most of the NNT characters. But baring Meteoric Burst, someone like Meliodas should be at least able to keep up with him. Before gaining his full power back, Meliodas achieved some ridiculous feats. Like dodging a punch from the Metal Giant, moving miles away, and defeating four members of Dawn's Roar in less than 0.2 seconds. He also dodged, full countered, and even outran lightning from Gilthunder. He also tanked mountain busting attacks from Diane several times in the series. Keep in mind, this was all accomplished without the use of his demon form, OR his full power. When he regained his full power btw, he became 10X faster, stronger, more durable, etc. And his demon form was so powerful that he was able to destroy an entire country just by transforming. At Meliodas' full power, he can contend with Boros in terms of strength and speed. Meteoric Burst should overwhelm even Meliodas though.

However, Meliodas also has regeneration, like Boros. So they should be good stalemates for each other, until Boros goes Meteoric Burst, and physically overwhelms him.

Unless Ban is there as well.

Ban also has similar feats to Meliodas. Before Meliodas regained his full power, Ban and Meliodas arm wrestling destroyed a barrier that could contain 10 Tyrant dragons without receiving a scratch. A single Tyrant dragon can town-bust, btw. Not to mention that Ban also has one of the most hax abilities in all of anime. His "Snatch" ability lets him steal an enemies power and use it against them. This allowed him to overwhelm even Galan, WHO WAS LITERALLY 10X MORE POWERFUL THAN BAN. If Ban used snatch on Boros, it would make Ban powerful enough to overpower him, while also making Boros severely weaker. This would make him completely unable to keep up with a tag team of an empowered Ban, and full power Meliodas.

And Boros' one and only trump card, the planet buster roar cannon, would be deflected back at him, at greater strength, by Meliodas' full counter.

danteiscool
That's only if they can force him to use it. Keep in mind, in his Meteoric Burst form, he was fast enough to pretty much destroy part of his own ship just from flying over the area and his strength was to the point where his kick knocked Saitama to the moon in just a few seconds (perhaps 3 or 4 seconds tops from the looks of things). That's well beyond anything shown in NnT so far.

Meliodas may have regeneration, but until we see more feats for it, it's clearly not up to the same level as Boros' regeneration.

Ban's Physical Hunt/Hunter Festival may tax Boros' abilities, but it evidently doesn't affect his durability given how Galan had still been able to withstand an amped Ban's strikes despite the increase he got at the time.

Also, another thing: Boros' speed. It may not really seem like much at first, but the fact he was able to keep pace with a casual Saitama indicates his speed to be far above the likes of anyone else in OPM and in Meteoric Burst, his speed had increased to the point where he could catch up with Saitama even after knocking him around and considering his strength at that point...

Q99

Also, another thing: Boros' speed. It may not really seem like much at first, but the fact he was able to keep pace with a casual Saitama indicates his speed to be far above the likes of anyone else in OPM and in Meteoric Burst, his speed had increased to the point where he could catch up with Saitama even after knocking him around and considering his strength at that point...

Yes, he's tremendously fast. Someone like Sonic couldn't come near Saitama's speed, while Boros seemed at least equal to Saitama's non-serious speed, possibly ahead.

danteiscool
I wouldn't maybe say ahead, considering Saitama backpedaling in ep. 12 still allowed him to stay ahead of Boros (who was running) until Boros used his energy to speed up. At any rate though, Boros is likely the fastest opponent Saitama had ever gone up against.

Q99
I wouldn't maybe say ahead, considering Saitama backpedaling in ep. 12 still allowed him to stay ahead of Boros (who was running) until Boros used his energy to speed up. At any rate though, Boros is likely the fastest opponent Saitama had ever gone up against.

Non-boosted Boros < Non-serious Saitama < Boosted Boros, I'd say, probably.

SSJGGogeta
That's only if they can force him to use it. Keep in mind, in his Meteoric Burst form, he was fast enough to pretty much destroy part of his own ship just from flying over the area and his strength was to the point where his kick knocked Saitama to the moon in just a few seconds (perhaps 3 or 4 seconds tops from the looks of things). That's well beyond anything shown in NnT so far.

Meliodas may have regeneration, but until we see more feats for it, it's clearly not up to the same level as Boros' regeneration.

Ban's Physical Hunt/Hunter Festival may tax Boros' abilities, but it evidently doesn't affect his durability given how Galan had still been able to withstand an amped Ban's strikes despite the increase he got at the time.

The kick to the moon thing is extremely impressive, but there are also feats in NNT of a character like Galan jumping from one country to another, and he's still considered nothing against a full powered Meliodas. This feat isn't as impressive as the moon kick, but its at least similar to it. At least on par with it. And that Galan is nothing compared to a full powered Meliodas. And that's not even considering Demon form.

I can agree with that. I wasn't saying that Meliodas' regeneration was superior to Boros'. In fact, I would say Boros' is probably a lot better than Meliodas', but that could change once Meliodas gets some legitimate regeneration feats in Demon form.

Uh, yeah, it makes sense that Galan could withstand Ban's attacks. Not only does Galan have regeneration, but he also hadn't used his full power, and Ban doesn't have attacks other than physical strikes. The point though is that Ban could use physical hunt to take Boros' power, and make himself roughly equal to Boros, if not slightly greater. And at that point, a full power demon form Meliodas would tip the scales enough to overwhelm Boros and get past his regeneration. And at that point, Boros would resort to his trump card, the planet buster roar cannon, and get it full countered back at himself. Even if he didn't though, Demon Meliodas has blaze magic which bypasses even Bans unlimited regeneration. So the tag team of Ban and Meliodas would put Boros down, simply by overwhelming him with their abilities working in tandem.

Yes, his speed is tremendous. But so is the speed of the NNT characters. And Ban energy correlates to speed, so Ban can steal that as well. Overall, I'd say this would come down to Boros facing off against two Full power Meliodas level character, while he himself is debuffed to that level. Meaning he'd eventually be overwhelmed, and lose.

This is a pretty fun debate though, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with next. thumb up

danteiscool
Agreed, his jumping to their location was impressive, but it took him roughly 72 jumps to do so. And remember, the TC's magical power was what was depleted from their imprisonment while their other stats (strength, willpower) likely remained exactly the same.

Hmm, I don't think Ban would be able to boost himself up to Boros' level even with Hunter Festival; it's been stated that he does have an unknown time limit for the move as well as a limit to how much strength he could absorb, since he was only able to take about half of Galan's strength while the demon was still only in his normal form.

Hmm, maybe so, but we can't be sure if his demon form automatically grants him better regeneration. It certainly speeds it up. Even if it did boost regeneration, I doubt it would be on par with Boros' just yet.

Same deal with speed; Boros' speed is likely above anything shown thus far in NnT (highest shown calc iirc was about Mach 277 for Gil's lightning and Meliodas dodging it and stuff) while Boros with his full power released had speed comparable to Saitama's moon jumping speed (sub-relativistic iirc as well). So debuffing him will only do so much. It'll take a lot of tag teaming and clever use of magical powers to take down Boros.

Likewise, I'm glad I thought up this thread. Hopefully whatever ones I make in the future will provide interesting things.

Q99
(highest shown calc iirc was about Mach 277 for Gil's lightning and Meliodas dodging it and stuff)

And in my experience, dodging/reaction calcs normally quite overestimate things, compared to how the characters actually move around.

danteiscool
To be fair, they're usually running around from place to place while other characters around their level are fighting elsewhere, so it only really seems like they're taking a while to get anywhere.

And if it truly is the case that this speed doesn't apply to overall movement, the fact that it at least applies to their reflexes makes it good enough, yes?

Q99
And if it truly is the case that this speed doesn't apply to overall movement, the fact that it at least applies to their reflexes makes it good enough, yes?

Good for some things. There's still advantages to pure movement speed- the ability to chose whether to be in melee or not, for example.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Q99
And in my experience, dodging/reaction calcs normally quite overestimate things, compared to how the characters actually move around.

Well a lightning bolt moves about 61.1 miles/second. Light moves about 186,000 miles/second. The speed of a jump is in noway connected to movement or combat speed, but I do feel like about 25% light speed would be a good estimate for Boros' speed. So let's say Boros can move about 46,500 miles/second. That would make Boros around 761 times faster than Gilthunder. However, Meliodas and Gilthunder have dodged and out sped lightning already in the series. Characters even weaker than them, such as Diane and Ban, have dodged or outsped Gil's lightning as well.

So claiming them to be the speed of lightning is a serious lowball. I'd assume that Gilthunder can probably move about twice as fast as lightning at least, which seems like a fair guess given how much stronger he is than the weaker characters who have outran or dodged it. Meliodas is about twice as strong as Gil, conversely. Meaning he's probably capable of moving about 244.4/second. But that's only suppressed Meliodas. Meliodas got roughly ten times more powerful after regaining his full strength. Meaning he could move roughly about 2,444.4 miles/second. This is only about 1/20th as fast as Boros can move at full speed. However, Meliodas also has demon form, which so far doesn't have a defined limit. He gets way stronger with Demon form, but we don't know how much stronger. If we assume he was about ten times stronger though in demon form at full power, that would make him about half as powerful/fast as Boros in his Aerobic mode.

So overall, yes, Boros would still be superior to Meliodas. But Ban would really decide this fight here. With snatch, he could steal about enough power from Boros to become as strong as Galan, if not even stronger. Galan was massively powerful, but not enough to make Boros lose this. HOWEVER, Boros also would get the equivalent of Galan's strength taken away from him, while Ban received it. This would definitely make the fight even enough for Ban's unlimited regeneration to eventually bring him out on top, as long as Meliodas was assisting him.

And again, Boros would have no knowledge of full counter. When he gets pushed into a corner by their tag team, and is quickly running out of stamina, he would resort to the planet buster roar cannon. Then Meliodas would reflect it back at him, even stronger. This likely wouldn't kill Boros, but it would injure him to the point where Meliodas and Ban could take him out easily.

And even without full counter, Meliodas still has blaze enchantment, which negates regeneration. So Boros would be fighting a peer of his, who has support from a Galan level character, AND his regeneration wouldn't work. While Meliodas has regeneration, and Ban has unlimited regeneration.

He really couldn't win this, even though he's undoubtedly stronger than Meliodas, who we saw as the strongest character in the series.

danteiscool
Hmm, valid science there, but even then I feel Boros' speed is even greater than what you mentioned it likely is. Again, his attacks in Meteoric Burst packed enough power to send Saitama crashing into the moon in just 3 or 4 seconds. And he was smacking him around in the anime and still able to fly and even somewhat overtake him despite the sheer strength of his blows, indicating his speed.

Furthermore, while the likes of Meliodas even when sealed is definitely faster than say a stepped leader, we have no idea by exactly how much other than that he has to at least be Mach 277 (prior to getting his full power back). Yes, with his full power back, his physical abilities have increased greatly, but while he is now TC level again (barring his demon form), we still have yet to see any NnT character demonstrate sub-relativistic level speed.

Yes, Ban's Snatch can sap strength and/or speed at his leisure from Boros, but it's a gradual process as opposed to outright. Hunter Festival would have a much more immediate effect, but again, the weakness I've mentioned before.

You also seem to focus a lot on just Meliodas and Ban. What about the other characters?

SSJGGogeta
Hmm, valid science there, but even then I feel Boros' speed is even greater than what you mentioned it likely is. Again, his attacks in Meteoric Burst packed enough power to send Saitama crashing into the moon in just 3 or 4 seconds. And he was smacking him around in the anime and still able to fly and even somewhat overtake him despite the sheer strength of his blows, indicating his speed.

Furthermore, while the likes of Meliodas even when sealed is definitely faster than say a stepped leader, we have no idea by exactly how much other than that he has to at least be Mach 277 (prior to getting his full power back). Yes, with his full power back, his physical abilities have increased greatly, but while he is now TC level again (barring his demon form), we still have yet to see any NnT character demonstrate sub-relativistic level speed.

Yes, Ban's Snatch can sap strength and/or speed at his leisure from Boros, but it's a gradual process as opposed to outright. Hunter Festival would have a much more immediate effect, but again, the weakness I've mentioned before.

You also seem to focus a lot on just Meliodas and Ban. What about the other characters?

It takes about 1.28 seconds for light to travel from Earth to the moon, which is 238,900 miles away from Earth on average. So fine, let's assume Saitama took 4 seconds to reach it. That would still be less than 1/3rd the speed of light. And that's still not an accurate assumption for how fast Boros can move. Think about it, what is faster, someone pitching a baseball, or someone running track? The average sprinting speed for a human male is around 15 mph, for short periods of time. The average pitching speed however, is around 65 mph. That's 4.3 times greater than the average sprint. Applying that to Boros launching Saitama, a better estimate is that Boros is roughly 0.075% the speed of light. Leaving Boros with an average movement speed of about 13,889.5 miles per second.

So going by the calc I just gave for Meliodas, that would actually make his full power demon form FASTER than Boros in his Anerobic form. That's without even needing to consider Ban being present, and sapping his strength/speed even further.

And PLEASE don't make the bigfoot argument here, just because I'm proving you wrong. We don't need to see something in an anime for it to be true. NNT simply hasn't gotten to any fights in the series where the characters have had the opportunity to show those kinds of feats, as every fight recently is an utter stomp, given the nature of the power levels that the characters are currently achieving. Meliodas got 10 times more powerful, so we scale our calcs by that number. It's that simple.

Okay, but as I've indisputably proven, Ban and Meliodas are both powerful enough to hold out against Boros long enough for Ban to steal enough power to make him weaker than Meliodas, not to mention the fact that I've just proven Meliodas' speed to be even greater than Boros'.

And I'm focusing on Meliodas and Ban here because they're the characters we've seen the most feats from. The main reason though, is that I know Ban and Meliodas could handle Boros by themselves. Them as a tag team would overwhelm him, and eventually they would prove the victors, as per the reasons I've just given.

danteiscool
Again, great science.

That said, if the numbers in NnT truly are the crux of things, then why was it that back during the Byzel festival, Ban was noted to be faster than a sealed Meliodas (shown in one panel to throw about 6-7 punches vs. Meliodas' one in the panel below it) despite his strength stat likely being noticeably lower than Meliodas? While rounding up certainly gives us a clear idea as to how much stronger/tougher/faster they are, the power levels can't always be trusted.

While it's certainly true we don't have to see it to really believe, it helps solidify things for certain. We could argue/debate and make calcs as much as we want, but we'll never know for certain until it happens in the story itself. Not trying to bigfoot here or anything, merely trying to stay focused on the feats currently showcased.

Then what about the likes of Gil? Or Howser? The other Sins? Dreyfus, Hendricksen, etc.?

yungz22
wank

SSJGGogeta
Again, great science.

That said, if the numbers in NnT truly are the crux of things, then why was it that back during the Byzel festival, Ban was noted to be faster than a sealed Meliodas (shown in one panel to throw about 6-7 punches vs. Meliodas' one in the panel below it) despite his strength stat likely being noticeably lower than Meliodas? While rounding up certainly gives us a clear idea as to how much stronger/tougher/faster they are, the power levels can't always be trusted.

While it's certainly true we don't have to see it to really believe, it helps solidify things for certain. We could argue/debate and make calcs as much as we want, but we'll never know for certain until it happens in the story itself. Not trying to bigfoot here or anything, merely trying to stay focused on the feats currently showcased.

Then what about the likes of Gil? Or Howser? The other Sins? Dreyfus, Hendricksen, etc.?

Ban had his snatch ability long before the Byzel festival. We just hadn't been introduced to it yet. So it's very possible that Ban used Snatch on him, and we just didn't know it at the time. And even if he didn't, the other rational explanation is that Ban simply wore Meliodas down, because Ban has infinite regeneration, and Meliodas only has a limited regeneration in his demon form. There are two very likely explanations to your little problem.

Okay, and the feats are that full power Meliodas is 10 times more powerful, i.e. faster, than suppressed Meliodas. And Meliodas while suppressed is twice as powerful/fast as Gil, who is conversely about twice as fast as a bolt of lightning. Making suppressed Meliodas roughly 4 times the speed of lightning, which is 244 miles/second. Meaning that full power Meliodas could replicate any of suppressed Meliodas' feats, 10 TIMES GREATER. Meaning he could move approximately 2,440 miles/second.

The same way that Superman gets about 10 times stronger when he sun-dips, and could conversely fly about 10 times faster than before, although we haven't EXPLICITLY been told that he can move about 9 times FTL with a sun-dip. thumb up

Use simple logic bro. I'm even doing all the math and science here for you. The numbers don't lie. It's a simple fact. If statements are given in a series, and AREN'T hyperbole, then they are treatable as facts. Just like how in Allstar Superman, Superman was STATED to be able to lift 200,000,000,000,000,000,000(quintillion) tons with one hand. There is nothing in the world that weighs 200 quintillion tons, and that's a very low approximate weight for a planet, but it wasn't a planet he lifted. He was pushing against a metal piston, in a lab on the moon. Going by your logic, the feat is moot because it was based on a statement.

The author wouldn't put it there without a purpose. So your entire argument here boils down to, "I don't like that, so I'm going to ignore it.". You might not be doing it on purpose, but I have proven without a doubt here that Meliodas and Ban could tag-team Boros, and defeat him at his strongest. The other NNT characters along with them would be overkill.

A better fight would be... I don't know, but not anyone from OPM that's stronger than Boros. Garou and Saitama would murder-stomp the NNT verse.

Q99
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

The same way that Superman gets about 10 times stronger when he sun-dips, and could conversely fly about 10 times faster than before, although we haven't EXPLICITLY been told that he can move about 9 times FTL with a sun-dip. thumb up

Actually, it's been noted only Flash is considered to go FTL.... Sundipped Superman is a lot stronger, but probably only a little faster.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Q99
Actually, it's been noted only Flash is considered to go FTL.... Sundipped Superman is a lot stronger, but probably only a little faster.

I know, but Superman can go extremely close to light speed, meaning his sundipped form, which is 10X more powerful, would be conversely able to fly 10X faster. So 9X FTL wouldn't be a stretch.

Again, my point is that you scale things with canon information, if the author hasn't clearly defined it. The author typically doesn't have time to sit down, and chart all the calculations to make them accurate. They try to keep the feats accurate, and let them speak for themselves as the characters get too strong to keep tabs on. That's where minor inconsistencies lie, but with minimalist calcs we can determine the bare minimums. Which is what I'm doing.

danteiscool
SSJGogeta: in order to use Snatch, Ban has to hold his hand in his target(s)' direction, which was shown directly in the manga. He didn't use Snatch until halfway through the Byzel fight, AFTER he's shown throwing more punches than Meliodas could. So there's no way he could've been using Snatch prior to that otherwise Meliodas and the others would've noticed.

I'm not trying to downplay/ignore NnT feats, but I'm trying to get across Boros' feats, which you in turn seem to be trying to downplay.

Regarding your statement about Garou and Saitama, the author has actually stated that Garou at his strongest is approximately as powerful as Boros, with him (Garou) holding an advantage in close combat due to his martial arts training. Unlike Boros though, he lacks long range capabilities such as Boros' energy blasts and Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon (which I've seen some calcs putting its power at around 511 petatons and this is after Saitama's Serious Punch split/weakened it whilst also taking into account Boro's statement from the manga, which is different from the anime statement).

SSJGGogeta
SSJGogeta: in order to use Snatch, Ban has to hold his hand in his target(s)' direction, which was shown directly in the manga. He didn't use Snatch until halfway through the Byzel fight, AFTER he's shown throwing more punches than Meliodas could. So there's no way he could've been using Snatch prior to that otherwise Meliodas and the others would've noticed.

I'm not trying to downplay/ignore NnT feats, but I'm trying to get across Boros' feats, which you in turn seem to be trying to downplay.

Regarding your statement about Garou and Saitama, the author has actually stated that Garou at his strongest is approximately as powerful as Boros, with him (Garou) holding an advantage in close combat due to his martial arts training. Unlike Boros though, he lacks long range capabilities such as Boros' energy blasts and Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon (which I've seen some calcs putting its power at around 511 petatons and this is after Saitama's Serious Punch split/weakened it whilst also taking into account Boro's statement from the manga, which is different from the anime statement).

Do you have the scan?

I'm definitely not downplaying Boros' feats. All I'm doing is being fair to NNT. The only feats Boros has is being able to compete with Saitama's normal speed, and having planetary life-wiping energy projection. Boros and Saitama don't have feats like being faster than lightning, or light, or anything like that. The most we can do is give bare minimum estimates for the two, since we don't have any real statements or feats for the two, other than scaling. TBH, if I wanted to lowball them, I'd say that they were both probably around Gilthunder in terms of speed. I'm definitely NOT lowballing either.

No, Garou in his monster form is a lot stronger than Boros. He was able to actually give Saitama trouble. Which is why I said that Garou or Saitama would individually solo the NNT verse, which I think we can both agree on.

danteiscool
No scans per say, just a link: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nanatsu-no-Taizai/Ch-034--Meliodaz-Versus-Baan?id=168511
Near the last few pages, you see King note Ban's and Melioda's distinct advantages (speed and power respectively) and on the last page, you see Meliodas stagger whilst Ban's hand is raised in his direction.

I can't help but feel that you are, if only unknowingly. I know earlier you mentioned a human being unable to outrun hitting a baseball particularly hard (or something along those lines), but the fact remains still that Boros' attacks in Meteoric Burst form still launched Saitama to the moon in 3 seconds, the initial blows of which he was still capable of catching up with Saitama to deliver more hits. Hell, in the anime - which extended the fight a bit - Boros was shown outspeeding Saitama even after smacking him around at full force. Saitama, in turn, has casually leapt from the moon back to earth in mere seconds, a casual speed that Boros has shown himself capable of at least reacting to. Furthermore, considering the shockwave Saitama made on the moon with his (again, casual) jump, he had unleashed a good petaton or two worth of sheer power... which the following blows he landed on Boros equaled or at least were highly comparable to.

Hmm, not necessarily stronger per say (he was clearly struggling a lot more against Saitama visibly than Boros had), but he was definitely tougher in that his regeneration worked faster and certainly extremely stubborn. And it's shown throughout the series that Saitama tends to hold back even more against humans than monsters, Garou included otherwise he'd have killed him.

SSJGGogeta
No scans per say, just a link: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nanatsu-no-Taizai/Ch-034--Meliodaz-Versus-Baan?id=168511
Near the last few pages, you see King note Ban's and Melioda's distinct advantages (speed and power respectively) and on the last page, you see Meliodas stagger whilst Ban's hand is raised in his direction.

I can't help but feel that you are, if only unknowingly. I know earlier you mentioned a human being unable to outrun hitting a baseball particularly hard (or something along those lines), but the fact remains still that Boros' attacks in Meteoric Burst form still launched Saitama to the moon in 3 seconds, the initial blows of which he was still capable of catching up with Saitama to deliver more hits. Hell, in the anime - which extended the fight a bit - Boros was shown outspeeding Saitama even after smacking him around at full force. Saitama, in turn, has casually leapt from the moon back to earth in mere seconds, a casual speed that Boros has shown himself capable of at least reacting to. Furthermore, considering the shockwave Saitama made on the moon with his (again, casual) jump, he had unleashed a good petaton or two worth of sheer power... which the following blows he landed on Boros equaled or at least were highly comparable to.

Hmm, not necessarily stronger per say (he was clearly struggling a lot more against Saitama visibly than Boros had), but he was definitely tougher in that his regeneration worked faster and certainly extremely stubborn. And it's shown throughout the series that Saitama tends to hold back even more against humans than monsters, Garou included otherwise he'd have killed him.

Okay. Yeah, Ban is faster than Meliodas, and Meliodas is stronger in turn. Altogether, they're roughly even still, they just have specific traits which they excel in.

Jumping is no more of a speed feat than throwing is. There is a version of Superman that can jump from one planet to another, and he was STILL blitzed by Krypto, who has always been portrayed as far more nimble than Superman. There is a MASSIVE difference between being able to jump super high, and being able to move with accuracy at accelerated speeds. And nothing you've said has even contradicted my numbers, especially those related to throwing speed and running speed.

Again, I don't care about the anime. Manga is primary cannon here.

Um... No. Saitama was using his serious series, and Garou was still taking his hits. Boros' strongest attack was waved away just from the shockwave of a serious punch.

danteiscool
Prior to Meliodas' return to full power, at any rate. Unless Ban gets a more permanent power boost than what Snatch or Hunter Festival can provide.

Hmm, a valid point. Very well, how about this: can't remember the exact calc or where it originated from, but during the 'sparring' match between Saitama and Genos, the latter outran his own blast, which would put him at the time around Mach 30, a number that goes up considerably when he is able to precisely aim at the meteor during its descent at escape velocity. Saitama had casually moved so fast that not even Genos could track him, only his afterimages. And Saitama put more effort into fighting Boros than he ever did against Genos, yet the alien could keep up for most of the battle. I know Mach 30 is laughable compared to NnT, but it's a starting point at the very least for future calcs, yes?

From what I've heard, the anime is also considered canon since it just expands on some scenes, though I can't say for certain this is true since I've yet to read an interview with ONE saying this. That aside, even in the manga, Boros' blows were doing much more damage to his own ship than anything the S class heroes were doing to it and even did more damage than Saitama's moon jump.

The only Serious move Saitama directly used on Garou was Serious Headbutt, which was aimed at Garou's arm, whereas Serious Table Flip was used to flip over the MA base. He may have certainly been putting more effort into his other punches during the fight, but they weren't actually Serious Punches. Boros in turn though took Saitama's Serious Punch head on and still stayed alive for just a little while afterwards. Saitama had to use a Serious move to take down Boros' attack lest a huge deal of collateral damage, while Saitama initially began to use his Serious Series against Garou just to make him take things even more seriously.

SSJGGogeta
Prior to Meliodas' return to full power, at any rate. Unless Ban gets a more permanent power boost than what Snatch or Hunter Festival can provide.

Hmm, a valid point. Very well, how about this: can't remember the exact calc or where it originated from, but during the 'sparring' match between Saitama and Genos, the latter outran his own blast, which would put him at the time around Mach 30, a number that goes up considerably when he is able to precisely aim at the meteor during its descent at escape velocity. Saitama had casually moved so fast that not even Genos could track him, only his afterimages. And Saitama put more effort into fighting Boros than he ever did against Genos, yet the alien could keep up for most of the battle. I know Mach 30 is laughable compared to NnT, but it's a starting point at the very least for future calcs, yes?

From what I've heard, the anime is also considered canon since it just expands on some scenes, though I can't say for certain this is true since I've yet to read an interview with ONE saying this. That aside, even in the manga, Boros' blows were doing much more damage to his own ship than anything the S class heroes were doing to it and even did more damage than Saitama's moon jump.

The only Serious move Saitama directly used on Garou was Serious Headbutt, which was aimed at Garou's arm, whereas Serious Table Flip was used to flip over the MA base. He may have certainly been putting more effort into his other punches during the fight, but they weren't actually Serious Punches. Boros in turn though took Saitama's Serious Punch head on and still stayed alive for just a little while afterwards. Saitama had to use a Serious move to take down Boros' attack lest a huge deal of collateral damage, while Saitama initially began to use his Serious Series against Garou just to make him take things even more seriously.

Mmh... No. Mach 30? Are you kidding? Sonico is hundreds, if not thousands of times faster than that. And Saitama makes him look like molasses rolling of a tree in the winter.

There is no such thing as "also considered canon". The anime is anime canon, which is a secondary source. The manga is manga canon, and is the primary source of said canon. If something happens in the anime that didn't in the manga, it is secondary canon, meaning it is not really canon.

Saitama did NOT hit Boros head on with a serious punch. He used the shockwave of a serious punch to blast through Boros' most powerful attack, which then sent the same shockwave to hit Boros. The force was just strong enough to blow a planet surface level attack away, and still kill Boros, JUST from the air pressure of the punch. Garou took a serious headbutt directly, and kept going.

danteiscool
Again, it was a very outdated calc and this was from the very beginning. Good to know that other speed feats had been calced.

I see... even if by chance the author confirms canonicty? Not saying that he has, but simply a hypothetical.

True that. But despite Saitama's punch striking the beam first, given the sheer range/width/intensity of the air pressure, Boros might as well have been hit by the attack at point blank range. In both manga and anime, you could literally see his entire body take the air pressure head on and he still remained alive long enough to talk with Saitama for a moment. Yes, Garou in his physically strongest/toughest form took the Serious Headbutt and remained alive, but all that proves is that he is physically tougher than Boros is, which isn't necessarily the same as being more powerful than him in every other respect. That also being said, one also has to consider Saitama's mentality in both fights. Against human foes (which he considers Garou to be despite his power ups), he always only fights with the intent to KO or otherwise incapacitate. Against non-humans (Boros included), he always fights with the intent to kill.

On a bit of a related sidenote regarding Garou, just where would you place him (in base form) in power in the NnTverse?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.