Current Superman runs the Powers Cosmic challenge...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Current Superman takes on all of Thanos's opponents during the Powers Cosmic storyline exactly as Thanos did, in the exact same situations (for example, would Superman be capable of surviving Galactus's attack against him and then talk his way out of being destroyed by Galactus as Thanos did; could Current Superman defeat the Maker?)...

How far does Current Superman get in that storyline, or does he clear/survive it?

Inhuman
Spite

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Inhuman
Spite

At what point in that story arc would Superman fall?

Or do you think Superman clears easily?

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Doesnt really matter. He dies at Galactus.

Rao Kal El
If written by Starling, Superman clears it. Starling respects Superman a lot thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
If written by Starling, Superman clears it. Starling respects Superman a lot thumb up

Perhaps, but in a forum setting, there is no writter...

The character is considered using his average showing (unless stated otherwise in the OP) without PIS being a factor...

Under those conditions, how do you think Current Superman performs during the Powers Cosmic arc?

Rao Kal El
Well if We are using a starling arc it will be fair to use a starling depiction of Superman, if that is the case he will clear it.

If you use Byrne Superman then no

TheLordofMurder
Well if We are using a starling arc it will be fair to use a starling depiction of Superman, if that is the case he will clear it.

If you use Byrne Superman then no

Even if Starling writes it, how does he beat Maker?

Punching and blasting it hard wont be enough...

And considering what Maker did to Thanos with its alpha attack (one shot KO'ing Thanos when even a High End Skyfather like Odin failed to KO Thanos with multiple attacks), does Superman even survive that?

Rao Kal El
Even if Starling writes it, how does he beat Maker?

Punching and blasting it hard wont be enough...

And considering what Maker did to Thanos with its alpha attack (one shot KO'ing Thanos when even a High End Skyfather like Odin failed to KO Thanos with multiple attacks), does Superman even survive that?

Starling put Superman in the middle of a cosmic battle with out getting killed, he got Ko though.

But under starling survived the fusion of new genesis and apokolips two massive planets that collided so hard that they fused together.

Under atarling when Galactus did something similar in a lesser scale he got in pretty bad shape.

Also superman was able with physical force to break darkseids body when the source power was unable to even scratch him

That is why I am telling you that Starling respects Superman a lot

SquallX
He dies.

The only reason Thanos survived that blast was because of his shields.

TheLordofMurder
Starling put Superman in the middle of a cosmic battle with out getting killed, he got Ko though.

But under starling survived the fusion of new genesis and apokolips two massive planets that collided so hard that they fused together.

Under atarling when Galactus did something similar in a lesser scale he got in pretty bad shape.

Also superman was able with physical force to break darkseids body when the source power was unable to even scratch him

That is why I am telling you that Starling respects Superman a lot

No doubt, he respects Supes, but he respects Thanos as well and Thanos couldn't best it with physical force...

How would Supes beat it?

TheLordofMurder
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Insane Titan

That is why I am telling you that Starling respects Superman a lot this is a typical twist of context from a superman fan regarding the two planets crashing together on Galactus. The planets Galactus encountered had a sizeable nuclear Arsenal at the point of impact, plus Galactus had just drained himself on Thanos shields and fighting the hunger.

riv6672
Edit

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Insane Titan
this is a typical twist of context from a superman fan regarding the two planets crashing together on Galactus. The planets Galactus encountered had a sizeable nuclear Arsenal at the point of impact, plus Galactus had just drained himself on Thanos shields and fighting the hunger.

Superman's feat was on a bigger scale, with a LOT more force involved

basilisk
this is a typical twist of context from a superman fan regarding the two planets crashing together on Galactus. The planets Galactus encountered had a sizeable nuclear Arsenal at the point of impact, plus Galactus had just drained himself on Thanos shields and fighting the hunger. That was a pretty dumb plan though. I mean adding a nuclear arsenal to two full-size planets crashing together is like the pilot of the Enola Gay tossing some firecrackers out the window over Hiroshima to "crank up the damage". It's a waste of time considering the difference in orders of magnitude between the two explosions. You could collect and detonate every nuke that ever existed together x 1000 and it won't really damage the structure of the planet.

In fact it might have actually helped Galactus survive, because I'm pretty sure his cosmic power allows him to absorb energy from the radiation released from the nukes and replenish his strength to some extent, while I don't think he just straight absorbs kinetic energy.

As far as the Maker goes, I just don't see current Superman cutting it. Preboot Superman I can see the writers could pull off giving Supes the win based on some of his old feats.

golem370
Does he have to get himself out of that prison made by rigelians that Thanos did and beat half a dozen punisher robots too and defeat Fallen One

Rao Kal El
Just realized is current Superman stick out tongue

Insane Titan
Superman's feat was on a bigger scale, with a LOT more force involved the force was no different at all, at the Galactus was weak makes the whole thing irrelevant.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by basilisk
That was a pretty dumb plan though. I mean adding a nuclear arsenal to two full-size planets crashing together is like the pilot of the Enola Gay tossing some firecrackers out the window over Hiroshima to "crank up the damage". It's a waste of time considering the difference in orders of magnitude between the two explosions. You could collect and detonate every nuke that ever existed together x 1000 and it won't really damage the structure of the planet.

In fact it might have actually helped Galactus survive, because I'm pretty sure his cosmic power allows him to absorb energy from the radiation released from the nukes and replenish his strength to some extent, while I don't think he just straight absorbs kinetic energy.

As far as the Maker goes, I just don't see current Superman cutting it. Preboot Superman I can see the writers could pull off giving Supes the win based on some of his old feats. yeah this is just a load of nonsense.

DarkSaint85
yeah this is just a load of nonsense.

thumb up

Comics, eh?

RealityWarper
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuy76_omd-enola-gay_music

basilisk
yeah this is just a load of nonsense. Why? The nuclear arsenal going off would be totally insignificant compared to the explosion of two full sized planets colliding with such force that they are both destroyed. It is pointless to add it in there. It's just a dumb plan - the sort of thing a child thinks of.

Two planets colliding would produce kinetic energy and heat energy. Galactus isn't shown to absorb kinetic energy. I suppose he could absorb heat but I doubt he gets much from it.

The nukes would just add some radiation for no significant increase to the explosive force or heat of the planetary detonation. Galactus can definitely absorb that, and while it's not living energy from planets he might still get some basic juice from it.

But yeah... comics.

TheLordofMurder
Just realized is current Superman stick out tongue

So does this change your thoughts on the outcome?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by basilisk
Why? The nuclear arsenal going off would be totally insignificant compared to the explosion of two full sized planets colliding with such force that they are both destroyed. It is pointless to add it in there. It's just a dumb plan - the sort of thing a child thinks of.

Two planets colliding would produce kinetic energy and heat energy. Galactus isn't shown to absorb kinetic energy. I suppose he could absorb heat but I doubt he gets much from it.

The nukes would just add some radiation for no significant increase to the explosive force or heat of the planetary detonation. Galactus can definitely absorb that, and while it's not living energy from planets he might still get some basic juice from it.

But yeah... comics. no it wouldn't as we have no idea as too how many nukes Thanos used. Sizeable could mean anything 10's to 100's or even 1000's. Plus you have to take into account the happened against a drained Galactus.

Unless it's stated the writers don't give a shit about what energy is created/released from such a explosion. The whole point was the lvl/impact of the blast and Galactus doesn't just go around absorbing blast energy as shown in his countless battles.

One Big Mob
no it wouldn't as we have no idea as too how many nukes Thanos used. Sizeable could mean anything 10's to 100's or even 1000's. Plus you have to take into account the happened against a drained Galactus.

Unless it's stated the writers don't give a shit about what energy is created/released from such a explosion. The whole point was the lvl/impact of the blast and Galactus doesn't just go around absorbing blast energy as shown in his countless battles. Lesser bombs Pit could carry in his hands dropped on Hunger (speaking of, so am I) were said to take out half a planet iirc. Which you'd think a sizable nuclear device would do an untold amount more.

There's also the part where Galactus tanked a supernova in the same arc...

Insane Titan
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Lesser bombs Pit could carry in his hands dropped on Hunger (speaking of, so am I) were said to take out half a planet iirc. Which you'd think a sizable nuclear device would do an untold amount more.

There's also the part where Galactus tanked a supernova in the same arc... He was fully nourished when he tanked the super nova and went to the heart of it though wasn't he.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Lesser bombs Pit could carry in his hands dropped on Hunger (speaking of, so am I) were said to take out half a planet iirc. Which you'd think a sizable nuclear device would do an untold amount more.

There's also the part where Galactus tanked a supernova in the same arc...
Oh bran, even after all this time trying to save face for Galactus, eh?

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Oh bran, even after all this time trying to save face for Galactus, eh? ??

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
?? You know how people follow you around after you argue with them? That.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

BTW Apokolips and New Genesis are half part of a planet that dwarfed galaxies.

http://i.imgur.com/CWdbsEu.jpg

Nothing compared to some nukes and two average sized planets though.

basilisk
no it wouldn't as we have no idea as too how many nukes Thanos used. Sizeable could mean anything 10's to 100's or even 1000's. Plus you have to take into account the happened against a drained Galactus. Galactus's level is irrelevant because the nukes don't add anything significant to the explosion in the first place.

Even if it was thousands or 10,000 or 100,000 nukes it wouldn't add anything significant to the force of two full-sized planets smashing each other to pieces in a collision. Nukes aren't just aren't that powerful when compared to an explosion on that scale. Even if they had been adding antimatter which is far more efficient it would still have to be a pretty large amount of the stuff.

Starlin just thought it sounded good, I doubt he had a clue about it. But like I said... it's comics, so whatever.

naurtoisbeast

Or do you think Superman clears easily? Originally posted by Insane Titan
yeah this is just a load of nonsense. i think superman will win here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.