Rahm Kota vs. Count Dooku (TK Battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place on neutral ground

*TK only

JKBart
this thread still doesn't beat my RoT Bane gauntlet

Syndicate
I'll go with Rahm.

JKBart
Originally posted by Syndicate
I'll go with Rahm.
no please stop

Syndicate
In fact Rahm stomps pretty hard.

JKBart
In fact Rahm stomps pretty hard.
i trusted you and you rapd my family

Syndicate
I still love u bb.

FreshestSlice
I'll go with Rahm.
Pure, concentrated, and distilled AIDS.

Deronn_solo
smile

Fated Xtasy
Dooku's done better before his best showings even came to light.

EmperorSidious2
Dooku comfortably.

Syndicate
But tbh Rahm. Dooku's moved ships on a DS nexus. Rahm has deflected Galen's TK casually and ripped a control station from a TIE factory.

FreshestSlice
>deflected TK casually
>got his ass kicked
>loooooooooong before prime

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku reams, TBH.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>deflected TK casually
>got his ass kicked
>loooooooooong before prime

As the fight progressed and Rahm's force reserves waned Galen defeated him as Anakin did to Dooku and Galen did later on to Vader.

Galen may have been long before his prime but within weeks he's already casually TK'ing thousands of droids.

Also you ignored Rahm's control station feat which is better then anything Dooku's done.

FreshestSlice
As the fight progressed and Rahm's force reserves waned Galen defeated him as Anakin did to Dooku and Galen did later on to Vader.

Wut, I mean not only is this not what happened, but this isn't even what happened in the two other fights you're discussing.

Droids don't have shields, so.....
Not to mention nearly losing to Ti in that time as well.

Kek. And no, I really didn't; no, it really isn't.

More importantly, I find the idea of a general who served in the Clone Wars defeating Dooku, that isn't Anakin, Mace, or Yoda, in pretty much anything is pretty retarded, but that's besides the point.

Syndicate
Wut, I mean not only is this not what happened, but this isn't even what happened in the two other fights you're discussing.

Droids don't have shields, so.....
Not to mention nearly losing to Ti in that time as well.

Kek. And no, I really didn't; no, it really isn't.

More importantly, I find the idea of a general who served in the Clone Wars defeating Dooku, that isn't Anakin, Mace, or Yoda, in pretty much anything is pretty retarded, but that's besides the point.

Except it is... We can see Rahm casually deflecting Galen's force attacks at the beginning of the fight and then being overwhelmed at the end as he begins to tire. We can see this in the other fights I mentioned. So...

And?

But you did... And you're going to have to name a superior feat for Dooku in that case.

It doesn't make any difference in that his feats are superior and you have nothing to counter me with.

EmperorSidious2
Lifting those obalisk was pretty cool IMO.

This to.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4421366-9078058362-m2EGb.gif

Syndicate
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Lifting those obalisk was pretty cool IMO.

This to.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4421366-9078058362-m2EGb.gif

That's fine but I don't see how breaking the attachment of a ship sized crane is on par with disattaching a control station from a TIE factory.

EmperorSidious2
That's fine but I don't see how breaking the attachment of a ship sized crane is on par with disattaching a control station from a TIE factory.

The fact that while in a battle situation, he not only flung the clones back effortlessly, then closed to gate with one hand easily, and brought down the bridge with minimal effort, while Kota's took a little more effort.

FreshestSlice
Except it is... We can see Rahm casually deflecting Galen's force attacks at the beginning of the fight and then being overwhelmed at the end as he begins to tire. We can see this in the other fights I mentioned. So...

Uh, no. That doesn't mean his "Force reserves," which isn't a thing, were running low, it means he was weaker than the attacks Marek was using, and considering Dooku gained his "reserves" back in seconds, you'd lose on two front if anything.

So TKing them, especially in TFU, isn't the most impressive thing in the world.

TKing Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ventress, several Nightsisters, Savage, and even lifting orbalisks is more impressive than anything Marek or Kota has done at this point in the story. Ripping up a bunch of computers is something EU Jedi do casually.

Except they aren't, and I have. The fact he can rip computers is nice. It's combat feats against competent Jedi that win battles. And Dooku has TK'd far superior opponents than Kota has faced, let alone beat. In anything, honestly.

Syndicate
Then how do you explain Rahm being able to repel Galen's attacks casually at the beginning of their fight? Also Dooku was suffering through force exhaustion, while he could use the force to replenish himself physically once he ran out of power to draw from he was screwed.

How is lifting obelisks or TK'ing these characters superior to tearing an entire control station from a TIE factory. I'm genuinely curious.

Rip computers? I'm talking about him ripping a station off the the factory its attached to and sending it plummeting towards Nar Shaddaa.

|King Joker|
https://45.media.tumblr.com/e4bbe305bc189e8cc17c452779d7974a/tumblr_nd1320KK6c1rfd7lko1_400.gif

Syndicate
Goodnight. I'll respond to anything else tomorrow.

EmperorSidious2
Then how do you explain Rahm being able to repel Galen's attacks casually at the beginning of their fight? Also Dooku was suffering through force exhaustion, while he could use the force to replenish himself physically once he ran out of power to draw from he was screwed.

How is lifting obelisks or TK'ing these characters superior to tearing an entire control station from a TIE factory. I'm genuinely curious.

Rip computers? I'm talking about him ripping a station off the the factory its attached to and sending it plummeting towards Nar Shaddaa.

Well one is the effort it took.

Two: really Kota just tore of the beam that connected it really, then it just fell. Dooku actually lifted those obalisk and kept them in the air.

Third: Like Fresh said its really hard to imagine any person during the Clone Wars era being able to compete let alone beat Dooku, who isn't Windu, Yoda, or Anakin as of Invisble Hand, and Sidious in any sort of contest.

cs_zoltan
Third: Like Fresh said its really hard to imagine any person during the Clone Wars era being able to compete let alone beat Dooku, who isn't Windu, Yoda, or Anakin as of Invisble Hand, and Sidious in any sort of contest.

While I don't think Kota can beat Dooku, do note that his prime is not the CW, but 16 years later.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
While I don't think Kota can beat Dooku, do note that his prime is not the CW, but 16 years later.

Yea, but still I'm not seeing how anyone from that era, could stand up to Dooku unless he was one of the ones I mentioned, even though yes his prime was 16 years later.

cs_zoltan
Yea, but still I'm not seeing how anyone from that era, could stand up to Dooku unless he was one of the ones I mentioned, even though yes his prime was 16 years later.

Why not? It's not like Dooku is untouchable.

Vos manage to more than contend with him sick

Barriss, who was a nobody, could contend with Anakin.

The CW Jedi Order was full of young jedi who had great potential but got ****ed up by Order 66. A lot of them could've made it to Dooku tier.

FreshestSlice
Then how do you explain Rahm being able to repel Galen's attacks casually at the beginning of their fight?

Marek, not wanting to be an idiot, doesn't go all out in the beginning of a fight.

And like I just said, that went away in seconds. It's not even Force exhaustion. That's not a thing. It's just being tired, which passes pretty quickly when you have magic powers. He lost to Anakin because Anakin was far more powerful than he was. Vader lost to Marek because Marek was more powerful than he was then. It's really that simple.

Because these characters can actually fight back and have TK showings of their own, for starters. But then you're entire argument hinges TFU being comprable to the movies, which is dumb, and Starkiller having bamf shields at this point, which is even dumber when we have Starkiller being TK'd by randoms long after this confrontation. Unless you think they're well above Dooku, and in that case you can just stop posting.

If that had actually happened, everyone would have died. Which is something he states he was trying to do. Too bad it didn't happen. Where as in TOR we have Jedi casually throwing down buildings. Guess they must be Dooku level as well.

EmperorSidious2
Why not? It's not like Dooku is untouchable.

Vos manage to more than contend with him sick

Barriss, who was a nobody, could contend with Anakin.

The CW Jedi Order was full of young jedi who had great potential but got ****ed up by Order 66. A lot of them could've made it to Dooku tier.

Of course I mean in a TK battle, but in an all out battle the names stay the same with the exception of Vos, when in that state of mind. An average Vos, and possibly average Anakin would be off the list.

Yea, but none of them did, which is what I'm saying. Dooku made it to a high level of power and skill that very few others did, under normal circumstances, and Rham Kota isn't/wasn't one of them.

cs_zoltan
Yea, but none of them did, which is what I'm saying. Dooku made it to a high level of power and skill that very few others did, under normal circumstances, and Rham Kota isn't/wasn't one of them.

They didn't, because they died. Duh. The path of the Jedi is a lot slower than that of the Sith. Dooku was 83 years old when he died and spend 12 years of those as a sith. So obviously almost all jedi won't compare to him, unless they are prodigies like Mace or Anakin.
That doesn't mean with decades more improvement the likes of Aayla, Barriss, Luminara etc couldn't be Dooku tier.

I'm still not arguing that Kota would win, but saying only because he wasn't even on Dooku's radar during the CW then he can absolutely not contend (or win) with Dooku 16 years later is silly.

FreshestSlice
I mean that'd be true if Kota wasn't already well into middle aged during the Clone Wars and the fact that Dooku was a Jedi at the same time as him, with Dooku obviously being superior.

cs_zoltan
I mean that'd be true if Kota wasn't already well into middle aged during the Clone Wars and the fact that Dooku was a Jedi at the same time as him, with Dooku obviously being superior.
I'm still not arguing that Kota would win.

Anyway I don't think he's any older than Obi-Wan.

FreshestSlice
Obi-Wan is old as **** tho

cs_zoltan
Obi-Wan is old as **** tho

He was younger in ANH than Qui-Gon in TPM.

FreshestSlice
That just makes Qui -Gon old too, honestly.

cs_zoltan
That just makes Qui -Gon old too, honestly.

To retract to my original point: It's logically possible for Kota to be superior to Dooku, because of the time passed and the slower path of the Jedi. Kota wasn't actually shit during the CW anyway, just undocumented.

Dooku wins, because he has better feats, not because of Kota's alleged status during the CW.

Zenwolf
To retract to my original point: It's logically possible for Kota to be superior to Dooku, because of the time passed and the slower path of the Jedi. Kota wasn't actually shit during the CW anyway, just undocumented.

Dooku wins, because he has better feats, not because of Kota's alleged status during the CW.

Eh Kota wasn't that undocumented, the Empire did have a file on him and he was noted as a respected General during the CW and a military genius. Unless you mean undocumented in the way of feats, alright then yeah.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh Kota wasn't that undocumented, the Empire did have a file on him and he was noted as a respected General during the CW and a military genius. Unless you mean undocumented in the way of feats, alright then yeah.

Yes, out of universe undocumented.

FreshestSlice
To retract to my original point: It's logically possible for Kota to be superior to Dooku, because of the time passed and the slower path of the Jedi.

Kenobi's prime was RotS, as far as we know, so you really can't make that conclusion either.

Not being shit isn't really enough to make the leap to Dooku-tier.

Obviously that alone wouldn't make Kota a footnote, it's a combination of things.

cs_zoltan
Kenobi's prime was RotS, as far as we know, so you really can't make that conclusion either.
I'm starting to doubt that with the new Canon Vader feats, anyway even if RotS is his prime, it's because he went into exile on Tatooine doing practically nothing. While Kota was fighting the Empire for 16 years.
Not being shit isn't really enough to make the leap to Dooku-tier.
Indeed, but you don't know how good (or bad) Kota was during the CW.

Syndicate

Syndicate
Marek, not wanting to be an idiot, doesn't go all out in the beginning of a fight.

And like I just said, that went away in seconds. It's not even Force exhaustion. That's not a thing. It's just being tired, which passes pretty quickly when you have magic powers. He lost to Anakin because Anakin was far more powerful than he was. Vader lost to Marek because Marek was more powerful than he was then. It's really that simple.

Because these characters can actually fight back and have TK showings of their own, for starters. But then you're entire argument hinges TFU being comprable to the movies, which is dumb, and Starkiller having bamf shields at this point, which is even dumber when we have Starkiller being TK'd by randoms long after this confrontation. Unless you think they're well above Dooku, and in that case you can just stop posting.

If that had actually happened, everyone would have died. Which is something he states he was trying to do. Too bad it didn't happen. Where as in TOR we have Jedi casually throwing down buildings. Guess they must be Dooku level as well.

Why not? If he thought he could end it then and there why wouldn't he do so? Especially since you seem to be claiming that's exactly what he did later in their fight.

You believe that a force user can't grow exhausted? Sure they're more powerful which means they have more force reserves and thus can outlast their opponents in a fight. Dooku, Vader and Rahm were contending just fine before having their defenses and force reserves worn down at which point they were then defeated. I'm not disagreeing with you all the characters you mentioned hold more power then their opponents it's just that this doesn't mean they can beat them instantly.

Unfortunately for you I do hold the view that some of the opponents Galen faced were superior force users to Dooku and I will not stop posting. Despite Dooku's reputation I do not see him as the be all end all of Star Wars. Just to note though breaking through Galen's defenses does not make you superior or even equal to him as a force user.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/127594/4293455-kzdd2e.gif

Also if a character collapsed buildings then yes they'd be around or slightly below Dooku's level.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also if a character collapsed buildings then yes they'd be around or slightly below Dooku's level.

Lmfao. You've already failed Gideon.

FreshestSlice
So no combat showings and random fodder is comparable to Dooku? I'm wondering if I should even waste my time responding.

Syndicate
*Shrug* Up to you.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hey, it's fine by me if he believes half dead Hope Malgus choked out a Dooku level force user!

FreshestSlice
/gets solo'd by the Smuggler

Syndicate
Ah, found it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5074735-doodaa.png

The picture of Dooku firing off lightning is kind of fitting I must say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.