Ahsoka Tano & Savage Opress vs Darth Malgus & Ven Zallow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
Rebels Ahsoka
Peak Savage
Deceived Malgus

Who wins?

Emperordmb
Team one wins, Ahsoka is the MVP

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Emperordmb

carthage
Zallow is a weak link

Team 1

FreshestSlice
Malgus and Zallow are around the same level, kek.

carthage
Not as of the end of Deceived when Malgus grew in power, and not since Leneer gave a better fight than him. But ok Savage can pretty much oneshot Zallow, whereas Ahsoka is inferior to Malgus in the force and either can stall him as duelists

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
End of Deceived Malgus is the MVP. Team 2. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Sinious
Zallow isn't getting one-shottted.

Syndicate
Could go either way. Favoring team 2.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Not as of the end of Deceived when Malgus grew in power, and not since Leneer gave a better fight than him. But ok Savage can pretty much oneshot Zallow, whereas Ahsoka is inferior to Malgus in the force and either can stall him as duelists
>grows a completely undetermined amount of power
>has no notable combat feats against anyone of Ahsoka's caliber
>most amazeballz Sith ever

carthage
Originally posted by Sinious
Zallow isn't getting one-shottted.

Savage choked out Dooku/Ventress in a fit of rage, destroyed a room of Beskar, blasted armies of soldiers into the sky, and blew a shuttle off a cliff. Zallow has no force feats to compete

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>blew through Aryn's dual light saber defense with FL and destroyed her, whereas the first time around she was able to block it midair

> isn't the most powerful warrior in this matchup

Sinious
Savage choked out Dooku/Ventress in a fit of rage, destroyed a room of Beskar, blasted armies of soldiers into the sky, and blew a shuttle off a cliff. Zallow has no force feats to compete Yes but you don't put him above Dooku for that do you? Zallow managed to hold his ground against Malgus. I'm not saying he is beating Savage, but to suggest that he'll get one-shotted is reaching.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>blew through Aryn's dual light saber defense with FL and destroyed her, whereas the first time around she was able to block it midair

> isn't the most powerful warrior in this matchup
Arryn isn't on Ahsoka's level in literally anything, so this is noteworthy why?

carthage
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>grows a completely undetermined amount of power
>has no notable combat feats against anyone of Ahsoka's caliber
>most amazeballz Sith ever

I never claimed he was the most amazing Sith ever, Ahsoka was losing against Vader, ran from Maul at a prior point in time, and ran again from Maul. Malgus can give a good fight to either, and could press Vader much more given his rivaling physical power unlike Ahsoka who was straining against his blows. She also has no answer to his lightning, and has vastly inferior telekinetic showings.

carthage
Arryn isn't on Ahsoka's level in literally anything, so this is noteworthy why?

Show me anything to suggest his lightning doesn't blast through her Lightsabers, he already overwhelmed Aryns defenses and she has greater force feats than Ahsoka (hurling 6 car trams, using the force to slow a fall from kilometers above Coruscant).

FreshestSlice
Show me a to suggest his lightning doesn't blast through her Lightsabers, he already overwhelmed Aryns defenses and she has greater force feats than Ahsoka (hurling 6 car trams, using the force to slow a fall from kilometers above Coruscant).
You mean falls Ahsoka did when she was a child? And randoms in TOR are dropping heavier objects than trams, the HoT and the Barsen'thor are both stated to be more powerful than her, have basically nothing comparable to a novel feat, and neither could hold a candle to Vader. Let's be real here.

Malgus loses to sub-Maul opponents, so I somehow doubt he can take on Vader or Maul. Lightning can be blocked with a lightsaber, the fact that Leneer can't doesn't mean no one can unless they can throw 7 trams as opposed to 6, lel.

|King Joker|
Ahsoka ran from Maul likely during the Clone Wars when she was a teenager, not in her prime, and she was fighting evenly with Maul and only "ran away" as directed by Kanan, not because she was losing. Ahsoka at the start of her fight with Vader kicked him in the head and Force pushed him a good distance, and contrary to popular belief, she wasn't getting butt-****ed by Vader in the second part of the fight. What opponent has Malgus contended with that's on Vader's level as well as Ahsoka did? Also lmao @ "losing to Vader" being a strike against Ahsoka to prove Malgus's superiority.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Don't forget giving pre amp Malgus a hell of a fight, (who has a myriad of combat/TK feats)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Ahsoka ran from Maul likely during the Clone Wars when she was a teenager, not in her prime, and she was fighting evenly with Maul and only "ran away" as directed by Kanan, not because she was losing. Ahsoka at the start of her fight with Vader kicked him in the head and Force pushed him a good distance, and contrary to popular belief, she wasn't getting butt-****ed by Vader in the second part of the fight. What opponent has Malgus contended with that's on Vader's level as well as Ahsoka did? Also lmao @ "losing to Vader" being a strike against Ahsoka to prove Malgus's superiority.

Are you implying that Malgus would have to fight a Vader level opponent to be more impressive than Ahsoka?

carthage
You mean falls Ahsoka did when she was a child? And randoms in TOR are dropping heavier objects than trams, the HoT and the Barsen'thor are both stated to be more powerful than her, have basically nothing comparable to a novel feat, and neither could hold a candle to Vader. Let's be real here.

Malgus loses to sub-Maul opponents, so I somehow doubt he can take on Vader or Maul. Lightning can be blocked with a lightsaber, the fact that Leneer can't doesn't mean no one can unless they can throw 7 trams as opposed to 6, lel.

He was beaten by a team of unknown numbers or members nothing suggests a single one beat them. This has been brought to your attention scores of times and you've never refuted it nothing indicates he was soloed lmao

Again show me canonical evidence that he was beaten by a single protag and not a team as was mentioned and you have a case

Malgus is also a better duelist than any of he protags barring the Hero so no shit they'd lose against Vader, I never claimed he'd win against either Maul or Vader only that his physicals /greater force feats offer him less difficulties than Ahsoka in a duel.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Are you implying that Malgus would have to fight a Vader level opponent to be more impressive than Ahsoka?
He could fight anyone notable that doesn't completely become irrelevant later. Hell, he could start with someone HoT level and win for starters.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Carthage: Barring the Hero? Why so?

FreshestSlice
He was beaten by a team of unknown numbers or members nothing suggests a single one beat them. This has been brought to your attention scores of times and you've never refuted it nothing indicates he was soloed lmao

The fact that a team of unknowns defeats Malgus doesn't exactly disprove the fact that it's completely possible for him to have lost solo. You can keep denying it all you want with quotes that don't match what's actually in game, but the fact is not only is it possible, it's supported, that Malgus can die one on one.

Show evidence he wasn't. I've already provided evidence it's possible, something that's actually in game, a game with no canon whatsoever, and you reply with, "This thing from the internet says."

His amazing physicals didn't seem to come into play when it counted, but I'm sure it'll save him here.

carthage
Originally posted by |King Joker|

She landed one blow on Vader which did nothing and a force push of no consequence, none of that is beyond what Malgus is capable of. When Vader got serious he drove her back the entire time and blasted her off the pyramid and temporarily koed her. She is close to either but she has been shown to be clearly inferior to them.

Show me anything that suggests she can withstand Malgus's lightning or getting blasted or dominated with telekinesis. Malgus doesn't fight like Vader and is more prone to abusing his power in duels, even when Ahsoka presses him in a duel all it takes is an outburst of his telekinesis or lightning and she's done.

carthage
The fact that a team of unknowns defeats Malgus doesn't exactly disprove the fact that it's completely possible for him to have lost solo. You can keep denying it all you want with quotes that don't match what's actually in game, but the fact is not only is it possible, it's supported, that Malgus can die one on one.

Show evidence he wasn't. I've already provided evidence it's possible, something that's actually in game, a game with no canon whatsoever, and you reply with, "This thing from the internet says."

His amazing physicals didn't seem to come into play when it counted, but I'm sure it'll save him here.

So again nothing indicates he was soloed when multiple quotes indicate a team took him down? Ok that's all you had to say. Spare me a longer post next time please

FreshestSlice
So again nothing indicates he was soloed when multiple quotes indicate a team took him down? Ok that's all you had to say. Spare me a longer post next time please
Yeah, there aren't multiple sources supporting that. I've seen a source and it's nebulous, but while you're calling the kettle black, show me the in game quote that says Malgus faced a team, because not only are you ignoring several bits of dialogue that state he can be solo'd to help your internet debate, you're ignoring the fact that absolutely nothing is actually crystal about the confrontation with Malgus besides the fact that the player, any player, was there. You don't get to set anything in stone to support your random online bitching anymore than I do, so until TOR has a canon, which it absolutely never will, you'll have to acknowledge all possibilities.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He could fight anyone notable that doesn't completely become irrelevant later. Hell, he could start with someone HoT level and win for starters.

I forgot, why does being solo'd by the hero make Malgus weak?

FreshestSlice
It doesn't make Malgus weak at all. It makes him in range with Ahsoka, which was the point. But Carthage is putting her below one-off Leneer, so there's really no point in even debating that.

carthage
Yeah, there aren't multiple sources supporting that. I've seen a source and it's nebulous, but while you're calling the kettle black, show me the in game quote that says Malgus faced a team, because not only are you ignoring several bits of dialogue that state he can be solo'd to help your internet debate, you're ignoring the fact that absolutely nothing is actually crystal about the confrontation with Malgus besides the fact that the player, any player, was there. You don't get to set anything in stone to support your random online bitching anymore than I do, so until TOR has a canon, which it absolutely never will, you'll have to acknowledge all possibilities.

It's a nebulous point but you still bring it up for the sake of lowballing? Again please spare me the horseshit regarding in game options, it said it a team of either the Empires best or Republics. If it's a contentious issue which you can't substantiate then it's best to leave it alone now, right?

|King Joker|
She landed one blow on Vader which did nothing and a force push of no consequence, none of that is beyond what Malgus is capable of. When Vader got serious he drove her back the entire time and blasted her off the pyramid and temporarily koed her. She is close to either but she has been shown to be clearly inferior to them. Her blow against Vader is a testament to her incredible speed and martial skill, and her Force push against Vader demonstrates that she's capable of landing telekinetic strikes against extremely powerful opponents, especially one that is decidedly above Malgus in Force power and telekinetic Force defenses (I'm pretty sure tanking the explosion at the Sith Temple is a better defensive feat in the Force than anything Malgus has done?). Seeing as how she TK'd Vader, she could TK Malgus. I'd love to hear why Malgus can all of a sudden replicate what Ahsoka did though, that'd be interesting.

"When Vader got serious"

>implying he wasn't serious at the start

Ahsoka was contending with Vader in skill and he was driving her back due to his size and strength, but she was still holding out which is very impressive. Malgus may be stronger than Ahsoka but I doubt he's stronger than Vader, and he surely isn't as skilled as Vader. Vader's TK winning the fight (which is superior to Malgus's) is simply because of Ahsoka's circumstantial positioning at the edge of the temple, allowing a BFR.

Show me anything that suggests she can withstand Malgus's lightning or getting blasted or dominated with telekinesis. Malgus doesn't fight like Vader and is more prone to abusing his power in duels, even when Ahsoka presses him in a duel all it takes is an outburst of his telekinesis or lightning and she's done. That's nice. Ahsoka legitimately contending with a more powerful opponent in Vader, landing telekinetic strikes against him, clearly is evidence enough that she wouldn't be out of her league against Malgus in the Force. She's physically strong enough and powerful enough in the Force to not get raped by Malgus's lightning, and she's fast and skilled enough to press Malgus in a duel and find openings to exploit.

Sinious
Carthage is right on this one Freshest

FreshestSlice
No, he isn't.
It's a nebulous point but you still bring it up for the sake of lowballing? Again please spare me the horseshit regarding in game options, it said it a team of either the Empires best or Republics.
No, it is not. Like nowhere besides a random source on the holonet dev's will never confirm.

You don't support your points, but I can't substantiate, despite my actually using the game you refuse to acknowledge, mine?

carthage
No, he isn't.

No, it is not. Like nowhere besides a random source on the holonet dev's will never confirm.

You don't support your points, but I can't substantiate, despite my actually using the game you refuse to acknowledge, mine?

I have no interest in going back as forth when there is no clear indication who or how many beat him. All I'm asking for is an actual quote who beat him whether or a group if he was soloed, not in game options, not possibilities, but actual confirmation. If it's the Hero (as seeming increasingly the case) then I'll happily concede the point. I never placed Ahsoka below Leneer, either. Again do you have or can you or anyone point to any quote that says who he was definitively beaten by? Really that's all I'm asking for and will happily drop the issue when or if anything can be shown either way, until then it's a moot point and shouldn't be used to lowball him.

FreshestSlice
Just up top you started bitching about Leneer being superior to Ahsoka because she threw trians and fells from really high.

And I already stated the only thing that is said is that the player was there when Malgus died, aside from one seen where the player talks about how they were able to defeat him alone. Which is the point. The game never confirms or deny anything because BioWare hates setting up set outcomes. That does not change the fact that it is very much possible for Malgus to be outright killed by the player alone. You can't use the lack of direct confirmation anymore than I can, and dialogue is as canon as it gets with this game. Either way, I'm done talking in circles with you. You obviously don't care to defend your points with anything the game itself supports, which is where the story actually happens.

Tondemonai
Mostly torn. I can see Malgus tanking Ahsoka for a while, I'd consider them on similar levels, but Malgus is much more prone to using his Force powers in combat, which I don't see Ahsoka defending against in close quarters. She can definitely handle his Force onslaughts as long as he's not enraged, but if she lands a non-lethal blow then, as is typical with Malgus, he'd probably grow enraged and lash out with TK and overwhelm her. Malgus would win more likely than not unless Ahsoka is capable, chances being she probably is given her speed advantage, of landing a lethal blow or at least severely weakening him to the point that when he lashed out in rage it doesn't overwhelm her, and she can take him down.

As far as Savage vs Ven goes, Ven would probably fall short and lose in a good duel as long as Savage doesn't abuse his TK, otherwise I see him going down considerably quickly.

All-in-all I'm siding with team 1 for majority, but an enraged Malgus could surely tip the scales if Ahsoka gets a small advantage early on.

carthage
Just up top you started bitching about Leneer being superior to Ahsoka because she threw trians and fells from really high.

Leneer's got better force feats, and that's really it. Again you putting words in my mouth when I already said Ahsoka would win against Leneer Newguy's thread isn't helping your case. Malgus sent Leneer flying with TK, and blasted through her force shield with lightning. Ahsoka by feats isn't faring any better

Got it. Not sure how I can "Defend" my points when you're the one that claimed he can be soled and never actually showed any definitive source. Case closed for now though

carthage
A single force push won't change the outcome of a fight, when a force user utilizes abilities not accessed by another. Also Vader never employed his force abilities in which was largely a lightsaber duel, had he he would've ended it outright as he did when she was Ko'ed by him simply pushing her before she came and rescued Ezra/Kanan. Malgus employs lightning and angry telekinetic outbursts more frequently than Vader, and Ahsoka has nothing to suggest in the force she can defend against them:

-Deceived

-Deceived

That force wave also lurched a transport as well mid-flight, and that was just a casual outburst. Given the frequency Malgus utilizes lightning/telekinesis in battle she's going to get overwhelmed simply by his force abilities

How or where is it stated she used the force to survive the blast? Also I already know Vader is capable of withstanding a similar explosion, he survived the explosion of Cymoon 1 with barrier. What proof do you have Ahsoka used barrier and wasn't protected by Vader or something? Of course she can simply push Malgus, it won't really affect him seeing as he's tanked missiles, Force lightning, and being blasted into a mountainside- but if it makes you feel better she can push him.

Ahsoka has no experience with lightning, and even if she gets her lightsabers up she lacks the physical strength or showings of barrier to suggest Malgus's lightning doesn't overpower her defenses. Aryn Leneer who can hurl 6 car trams with a gesture, utilize the force to slow a descent from tens of thousands of feet was overpowered by Malgus's lightning:

-Deceived

He also overpowered the barriers of the Jedi master that collapsed burnt out buildings on him:

-The Third Lesson

That's just a few examples of his lightning, he also downed whatever respective members/member of the strike team/individual attacked him, and these are all men/force users who regularly experience Sith in combat. His force abilities are beyond hers, and the regularity which he employs them in combat are at odds with what was largely a lightsaber duel with Vader.

Canon Vader at this point really isn't that different from Malgus in strength, and Ahsoka was very clearly inferior to either Maul or Vader seeing as Vader was driving her back and ILS's picture states outright that she was one of the weaker Jedi. Malgus is just as large as Vader and his striking will have much the same effect as Vader's was against her, he was striking hard enough for Aryn's arms to quiver, and while enraged literally drove her to her knees

Source: Deceived

He has more than enough physical strength to drive her back, and if he lands a physical strike on her she's going to end up with broken ribs/arms. Malgus can casually send Zallow flying 10 meters with a kick, shatter a marble table with his fists, and shatter stone columns with his strikes. He's going to drive her back similarly to Vader, along with blasting her with telekinesis/lightning.

She held her own for the first half of the fight, and then Vader's greater physicality drove her into retreat on the templeside. As mentioned Malgus is the same size as Vader, and has comparable strength to replicate Vader's showings in outright beating her lightsabers down. She has no experience with lightning to speak of, and nothing about her suggests she'd fare any different than Aryn if his lightning connected with her blades or if he blasted her with TK. Malgus regularly employs force abuse in his fights, and even if Ahsoka finds an opening Malgus has durability feats to suggest he can withstand her blows (He outright thrives off of pain/withstood Aryn penetrating his armor). He'd beat her guard down similar to Vader, and that's if she can survive a force attack she's never encountered or isn't ragdolled/sent flying

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 solidly

Nephthys
Malgus' superior Force powers likely carry the day.

In particular if he hits Savage with lightning it's over.

carthage
Hasn't Savage blocked lightning with a saber in TCW?

Nephthys
Only in a deleted scene.

Sinious
Yeah, lol @ Savage blocking Sidious' lightning and Maul TK'ing him back

@ Carthage

Well said.

SunRazer
Team 1. Savage can certainly occupy Malgus long enough for Ahsoka to take down Ven Zallow, who is strictly her inferior.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
Team 1. Savage can certainly occupy Malgus long enough for Ahsoka to take down Ven Zallow, who is strictly her inferior.
Savage Opress cannot contend with the likes of Darth Malgus for long...

Sinious
I don't see how Zallow is falling quickly to either Ahsoka or Savage when he didn't fall quickly to Malgus under disadvantageous circumstances.

Nephthys
Savage would last about as long against Malgus as it took to type this sentence.

EmperorSidious2
Team 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.