Amped! Mace Windu vs. Zonakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Mace Windu feeding off Sidious's energies

vs.

Anakin Skywalker during the second half of his duel against Dooku.

Battle takes place on the Invisible Hand.

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Bonus round: both of them team up against DE Sidious

Darth Thor
Mace.

As of TCW-ROTS period Mace was still the 2nd most Powerful Jedi, with Anakin the clear no.3.

SunRazer
The one that fought evenly with Sidious probably beats the Anakin that slaughtered the Count.

The Ellimist
The Stover novelization says that Palpatine would have killed Mace Windu in short order had he not been able to sink into vaapad. This is why I think there's a really big jump from Dooku/base Windu to Yoda/Sidious tier.

Is this gap as large as the one between Zonakin and Dooku? I'm not so sure. They're both capable of utterly dominating anyone in Dooku's tier. Perhaps Anakin's evisceration was emphasized more poetically than Palpatine's (~= amped Windu), but I dunno. Windu probably takes the Force and all-out, seeing as how he matched the energies of Sidious.

The tipping would be if Windu can amp himself further from Anakin's tapping into the dark side (was he?).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The Stover novelization says that Palpatine would have killed Mace Windu in short order had he not been able to sink into vaapad.

I don't remember that being said anywhere. Quote?

EmperorSidious2
Windu takes all

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Mace.

As of TCW-ROTS period Mace was still the 2nd most Powerful Jedi, with Anakin the clear no.3.
Doesn't sound like something Canon would say. Canon would say something about Anakin being the greatest Jedi Warrior of all time.

Darth Thor
^ Canon probably has both Windu and Skywalker above Yoda.

Syndicate
^ Canon probably has both Windu and Skywalker above Yoda.

It actually does. :P It states Anakin is the fastest/strongest of the Jedi at the beginning of RotS. :>

Emperordmb
Mace obviously

FreshestSlice
canonsaysyourewrongdmb

gideongarner01

Lord Lucien
I totally coined the term "Zonakin" like 10 years ago.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Guess that makes you a legend.

For being the guy who made that annoying term, which will never go away now. Ever.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wow, I think I like you about 20% less now.

Lord Lucien
Guess that makes you a legend.

For being the guy who made that annoying term, which will never go away now. Ever. I stopped paying attention about 6-7 years ago, has it been used this whole time? I AM Legend.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Wow, I think I like you about 20% less now. I don't even know who you are.

McP
Well, since both those things are basing on Stover's interpretation, his other interpretations might be helpful:

(...)We have seen that young Skywalker has the power to battle a Sith Lord alone, ifneed be; he has proven that with Dooku. If he is indeed the chosen one, we must keep him in play against the Sith(...)
--- Stover's ROTS Novel

Forget not the existence of Sidious. Anticipate your action, he may. Masters will be necessary, if the Lord of the Sith you must face
--- Stover's ROTS Novel

He could feel his power growing, indeed. He had the measure of his "Master" already; not long after Palpatine shared the secret of Darth Plagueis's discovery, their relationship would undergo a sudden...transformation.
--- Stover's ROTS Novel

So, by defeating Dooku, Anakin proved (in Council's opinion), that he might be able to defeat Sidious alone, while Yoda though that Mace will need other masters' help if he want to deal with a Sith Lord.
Anakin, who saw Palpatine's duel with Mace wasn't impressed that much. Also, he stomped Dooku like nothing when he reached his "zone". It places him aboce Mace, by Stover.

Nick Gillard also said, that Mace is level 8 bordering level 9. Anakin is 9. Anakin > Mace per Gillard.

By overall statements, Mace should be inferior to Yoda and equal to Dooku, with also places him below prime Anakin.
By feats, excluding his duel with Sidious, which is still, after all these years, open for interpretation, Anakin should take the upper hand as well, as Mace lacks feats on that level; he stalemated Dooku, he barely overpowered Sora Bulq, Asajj Ventress held her own against him in one or two sources, though he was her superior indeed. Maul held his own against Mace and Ayla combined, Mace was unable to comfortably beats Talzin (she was stated to be below her standard shape), while Sidious stomped her (she was in Dooku's body though).

So, Anakin should takes this, eitther Canon or Legends, Stover or Gillard.

Meatpants
Zonakin easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.