Curt Schilling out of ESPN job

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
http://mashable.com/2016/04/20/curt-schilling-fired-espn/#taAzSWwWKqq5

I agree with his comments. It's crazy that you have to be PC these days or risk losing your job. America has become a nation of pansies. Pathetic. God forbid you voice an opinion and hurt someone's feelings.

Surtur
Yep, it's like everyone is walking around on egg shells.

The Lost
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

I agree with his comments. It's crazy that you have to be PC these days or risk losing your job. America has become a nation of pansies. Pathetic. God forbid you voice an opinion and hurt someone's feelings.

No, it's totally fine for someone to publicly assert to thousands that not only are transsexuals dangerous but they'd be harmful around young girls. Oh, and that it isn't bigotry. It's not like trans individuals have a skewed enough rep as is.

We need more people to fight to defend horrendous opinions and conflate free speech with hate speech as some sort of lopsided, desperate argument!

Ugh, I miss the old days...

It's xyz!

I agree with his comments. It's crazy that you have to be PC these days or risk losing your job. America has become a nation of pansies. Pathetic. God forbid you voice an opinion and hurt someone's feelings. well the problem is what would Caitlin Jenner say about it?

Trump said Jenner can use whatever bathroom he chooses not trumps building. I agree with the comments, somewhat, but this shit does offend people and Facebook is not private not matter how many people think it is.

The guy acted stupid.

Surtur
Who cares? He just shared an opinion on facebook.

Surtur
Originally posted by The Lost
No, it's totally fine for someone to publicly assert to thousands that not only are transsexuals dangerous but they'd be harmful around young girls. Oh, and that it isn't bigotry. It's not like trans individuals have a skewed enough rep as is.

We need more people to fight to defend horrendous opinions and conflate free speech with hate speech as some sort of lopsided, desperate argument!

Ugh, I miss the old days...

I know right? We should just execute him for what he said. Or just make it so he can only work as a hot dog vendor from now on. That will teach him to share his opinion on his own social media page!

Tattoos N Scars
Perverts can now dress up like women for a chance to do some peeking in the ladies room. You know it's gonna happen.

Surtur
Perverts can now dress up like women for a chance to do some peeking in the ladies room. You know it's gonna happen.

Dude stop your hate speech. It's like watching one of those old videos of Hitler giving a speech.

The Lost

Definitely going to be a pandemic. We probably shouldn't let them drive either. They could drive to places and peek at the ladies at the places that the ladies go, y'know?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Surtur
Dude stop your hate speech. It's like watching one of those old videos of Hitler giving a speech.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58145626.jpg

Robtard
Again with the penis obsession. These people are weird.

Newjak
Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He's not going to jail. The government isn't doing anything to him.

A private company decided to let him go. It might be to save face but that doesn't mean what Schilling said wasn't bigoted either

Surtur
Originally posted by Newjak
Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He's not going to jail. The government isn't doing anything to him.

A private company decided to let him go. It might be to save face but that doesn't mean what Schilling said wasn't bigoted either

I agree, but I just..doesn't it sort of feel like these days people are way too sensitive? Am I alone in this feeling?

Newjak
I agree, but I just..doesn't it sort of feel like these days people are way too sensitive? Am I alone in this feeling? I don't think people are more sensitive. I just think we are exposed to more now. I mean everyone has something they are sensitive about and as far as I can tell it's always been that way. We're just more aware of them.

Even the non-pc crowd has topics they hate and advocate for their feelings to be met. I do feel the non-pc crowd does tend to attract very bigoted followers at times.

Surtur
I don't think people are more sensitive. I just think we are exposed to more now. I mean everyone has something they are sensitive about and as far as I can tell it's always been that way. We're just more aware of them.

Even the non-pc crowd has topics they hate and advocate for their feelings to be met. I do feel the non-pc crowd does tend to attract very bigoted followers at times.

It seems someone is always complaining about something and that every single world is studied and dissected by people.

It's xyz!
Right. Facebook. I've said stupid things on Facebook, and it's not made me popular. I've not said anything transphobic on Facebook, but I doubt it'd be wise for me to do so. And if my work doesn't want to be associated with my views, so be it. Originally posted by Surtur
Who cares? He just shared an opinion on facebook.

There was a similar case when Andy Gray criticised female linesman for not understanding the offside rule. He got rightfully sacked.

Tattoos N Scars
America will not be satisfied until we become as the Borg Collective. A single hive mind with no dissenting opinions.

Robtard
As a public figure he should have known better before acting like a bigot, it' really that simple.

If he had said that he wished America would go back to separate black and white bathrooms as it used to be, because 'a black penis belongs in a black-only bathroom', would anyone here defending him now defend that?

It's xyz!
What do penises have to do with race? Originally posted by Robtard
As a public figure he should have known better before acting like a bigot, it' really that simple.

If he had said that he wished America would go back to separate black and white bathrooms as it used to be, because 'a black penis belongs in a black-only bathroom', would anyone here defending him now defend that?

Robtard
The "penis" part was obvious humor, since Schilling's comment mentioned "penis". Did you even read his comment? I'm guessing no.

It's xyz!
Originally posted by Robtard
The "penis" part was obvious humor, since Schilling's comment mentioned "penis". Did you even read his comment? I'm guessing no. i did. He was discussing a sex organ with regard to sexual separation between excretion from said sexual organs and sexual preferences, sexual identity and sex change operated people.

You claimed some obsession of penises and mentioned racial segregation because black penises are different to white penises.

Fail harder.

Surtur

If a private company decided to let someone go because they disagreed with that persons lifestyle, would it be okay? Is it only okay to let someone go if you don't like what they say, but not to fire them because they don't like what they do?

Raisen
Rob always claims penis obsession, but he's the only one to ever mention a penis.

Rob dolzeal must be obsessed with penis

Surtur
If a private company decided to let someone go because they disagreed with that persons lifestyle, would it be okay? Is it only okay to let someone go if you don't like what they say, but not to fire them because they don't like what they do?

Still curious to the answer. Why is it okay to fire someone based on their beliefs comments, but it's not okay to refuse them service based on beliefs and comments?

snowdragon
Men use the men's room, women use the women's room.

Men that believe/think they are women still aren't women and use the mens room and same goes for women.

That's so easy to understand its borderline crazy.

Tattoos N Scars
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12970810_1132261306825560_4885645116160299162_o.jpg

Tattoos N Scars
They putting urinals in ladies rooms or do the men have to stand or squat to pee in the stalls?

Newjak
If a private company decided to let someone go because they disagreed with that persons lifestyle, would it be okay? Is it only okay to let someone go if you don't like what they say, but not to fire them because they don't like what they do? Honestly context matters.

But ultimately it is up to the company who they want on their staff. Even if I don't agree with some of the discriminatory practices companies employ. Like CHik-Fila once fired an employee simply because they refused to join in on group prayer. Stuff like that is silly and it obviously on the wrong side of thinking.

But Curt is the one on the wrong side of the argument in this case.

First of all transgenders are more likely to be assaulted by men than women are to be assaulted by transgenders. Also assaults really don't happen in bathrooms. This whole bathroom bill is mostly just thinly veiled homophobia. I'm sure some people believe bad things will happen but there is no real proof to back it up other than bias.

Tattoos N Scars
Wait til male transgenders get to sleep in female barracks during basic training and shower with them with their penis flopping everywhere.

snowdragon
Honestly context matters.

But ultimately it is up to the company who they want on their staff. Even if I don't agree with some of the discriminatory practices companies employ. Like CHik-Fila once fired an employee simply because they refused to join in on group prayer. Stuff like that is silly and it obviously on the wrong side of thinking.

First of all transgenders are more likely to be assaulted by men than women are to be assaulted by transgenders. Also assaults really don't happen in bathrooms. This whole bathroom bill is mostly just thinly veiled homophobia. I'm sure some people believe bad things will happen but there is no real proof to back it up other than bias.

Men that believe/think they are women still aren't women and use the mens room and same goes for women.

Where is there problem with that?

Bardock42
Good

Newjak
Originally posted by snowdragon

Where is there problem with that? Other than biased fear what is the problem with transgenders using the bathroom of the gender they associate with?

Seriously if your argument is men will abuse this then my above statements still hold true. More assaults would be prevented because transgender people are way more likely to be attacked than the other way around.

Surtur
Honestly context matters.

I'm asking why it's up to the company who they want on their staff, but it's apparently not up to them who they want to do business with?

Newjak
I'm asking why it's up to the company who they want on their staff, but it's apparently not up to them who they want to do business with? If you want my honest opinion in the context of gay and transgendered people I generally don't think businesses should refuse to hire or do business with these groups. Why because the desire to do so stems from a place bigotry and hurt.

There is no reasonable conclusion to reach that should allow that type of behavior.

In the context of the broader topics of business rights for the most part I believe that businesses should have the right to hire and choose to do business with whoever they want.

Yet it is a complicated topic and there are reasons we have discrimination laws to protect minorities in the hiring process and when they are in consumer roles.

I think this about as clean cut as I can express my views on the topics at hand.

Surtur
I just think it should be real simple to me, I'm not advocating for hating on any group, but if it's up to a business to choose who they hire or fire for whatever reason, it should apply to customers as well. So for example firing someone for not joining in on group prayer. Thus it should also allow the business to refuse to do business with someone who is an atheist or something.

Raisen
This is so ****ing stupid.

Newjak
I just think it should be real simple to me, I'm not advocating for hating on any group, but if it's up to a business to choose who they hire or fire for whatever reason, it should apply to customers as well. So for example firing someone for not joining in on group prayer. Thus it should also allow the business to refuse to do business with someone who is an atheist or something. FYI the guy that fired for not joining the prayer group sued them and they settled out of court because there actually anti discrimination laws against that type of thing.

But generally it is easier to get away discrimination in the hiring process than it in consumer choice. Why because it is much harder to prove that you were discriminated against because they can claim to have passed you over for different reasons.

Also in some cases you want to be discriminatory in the hiring process. For instance you don't want a known child molester getting hired as a youth camp manager or something like that.

Or in other instances you may only want to hire based on gender where it makes sense. For instance running an abuse shelter for women probably needs some female employees to help counsel them.

And I understand what you're saying. In a perfect world we shouldn't have to care about who hires who or who works with who. But in a perfect world we wouldn't have a large group of dicks that would discriminate against people as well. So like I said to me it is a complicated topic.

Raisen
Am I a dick and a bigot because I don't want a biological man alone in a restroom with my daughter

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
Am I a dick and a bigot because I don't want a biological man alone in a restroom with my daughter

I heard someone on the radio asking this exact question and the response was essentially to flip it around and say "why is your daughter out alone in a public bathroom" .

Raisen
Or it will get turned around into how gays are disproportionately assaulted. Or I'm soooo fearful because of my bigotry.

Raisen
If you are biological man but look like a woman nobody will even question what bathroom you go to. It's not a problem

Surtur
Exactly, the only problem is either if everyone already knows you are transgender or if you can't pull off the look. So who is being hurt by this law? I don't think it was needed, but it's not going to harm people..it will prevent things like high school boys being able to use the girls locker room.

So essentially it protects us from the plot of a bad 80's teen comedy.

Newjak
Am I a dick and a bigot because I don't want a biological man alone in a restroom with my daughter Would you be equally afraid of your son being alone in the bathroom with a biological man?

Raisen
See what newjak did there lol.

Newjak
See what newjak did there lol. I simply trying to point out the irrational fear being implied by his statement

Raisen
Newjak. Just look at that cartoon that tattoos and scars posted. The one with the little girl running out of the bathroom. Wtf would you say to your daughter is she saw some guy like that and ran out because it scared her and confused her. Would you counsel her on tolerance? Would you make her feel bad about being freaked out? It's odd that liberals need safe space in schools but they are willing to put biological men in a place where their genitals can be exposed to little girls. It's really simple. STOP TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE. These people chose to alter their bodies. They are trying to be something they are not. You can't please everyone. We have enough problems trying to help people that are genuinely I'll or sick. This time invested in this other bs is stupid

Raisen
Irrational fesr. Lol.
OK I'm done

Newjak
Newjak. Just look at that cartoon that tattoos and scars posted. The one with the little girl running out of the bathroom. Wtf would you say to your daughter is she saw some guy like that and ran out because it scared her and confused her. Would you counsel her on tolerance? Would you make her feel bad about being freaked out? It's odd that liberals need safe space in schools but they are willing to put biological men in a place where their genitals can be exposed to little girls. It's really simple. STOP TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE. These people chose to alter their bodies. They are trying to be something they are not. You can't please everyone. We have enough problems trying to help people that are genuinely I'll or sick. This time invested in this other bs is stupid I'm sorry but the cartoon is just that a cartoon. Believe it or not kids are generally pretty tolerant unless an adult has taught them not to be.

And if I was really that concerned about my daughter being alone in the bathroom I would either take her to the family bathroom or go in with her. As I would do for my son.

And yes it is an irrational fear because there is not a lot of evidence to support it. You make a horrible claim that is unlikely to happen. You talk about grown men in the bathroom with little girls but at the same time refuse to acknowledge the same could happen to men in restrooms with boys so that it doesn't harm your point.

Raisen
You're a fool newjak and you probably don't have kids. People like you are willing to gamble with the safety of other people's kids so a MAN can use a WOMAN'S restroom.
Nobody taught my daughter intolerance. I've never mentioned anything about gays or transsexuals. Her mother works at freaking Disneyland dude. Tons of gay friends.
And my daughter caught this on the news and talked to me about it. Yeah she is scared. She is almost thirteen and becoming more aware.
People like you think you're doing the right thing for these confused adults but you lose sight of the children that need to be protected. You say assaults don't happen in bathrooms lol. Ok. God I hate to say this but let them start using bathrooms that aren't designated to them. I promise you right now I will mail you fifty dollars if an assault doesn't happen in a short time.

Good luck with that newjak. I hope you never have kids because you will get them hurt

Newjak
You're a fool newjak and you probably don't have kids. People like you are willing to gamble with the safety of other people's kids so a MAN can use a WOMAN'S restroom.
Nobody taught my daughter intolerance. I've never mentioned anything about gays or transsexuals. Her mother works at freaking Disneyland dude. Tons of gay friends.
And my daughter caught this on the news and talked to me about it. Yeah she is scared. She is almost thirteen and becoming more aware.
People like you think you're doing the right thing for these confused adults but you lose sight of the children that need to be protected. You say assaults don't happen in bathrooms lol. Ok. God I hate to say this but let them start using bathrooms that aren't designated to them. I promise you right now I will mail you fifty dollars if an assault doesn't happen in a short time.

Good luck with that newjak. I hope you never have kids because you will get them hurt You're kidding me with this drivel right.

I'm the oldest of 4 kids the youngest being 12 years my junior. I was like a third parent to them. This included walking into bathrooms with them when we were in shady parts of town. So stop being silly.

At this point you're arguing by trying to discredit me even though that doesn't invalidate anything I've said. You are also attacking liberals trying to play some kind of common sense card. You know what common sense generally is? It's a term people use that can not come up with valid reasons against something so they just say it should be common sense.

And yeah kids might need to have some stuff explained to them. And it isn't just you teaching your kids intolerance. There can be all kinds of ways for that to happen. Going to a church and hearing a pastor talk against gay marriage. Or a news show that spouts against the troubled adults. Heck just your mannerisms can influence them. The fact you refer to transgender people as confused adults tells me a lot about your thoughts on the topic.

So yeah you definitely come off as intolerant on this subject.

Raisen
Lol. So a man that wants to transform into a woman isn't confused.
And foresight is irrational fear.
And wanting to protect my daughter is intolerance. Yep. This country is on a downhill slope.
You're alright newjak but I'm done on this topic. I guess we will just kick back and watch what happens. Just know that if any children do get hurt that your mind set is complicit. I wonder what it would take to change your mind. Probably nothing could.
Oh well. I have nothing more to say

Newjak
Lol. So a man that wants to transform into a woman isn't confused.
And foresight is irrational fear.
And wanting to protect my daughter is intolerance. Yep. This country is on a downhill slope.
You're alright newjak but I'm done on this topic. I guess we will just kick back and watch what happens. Just know that if any children do get hurt that your mind set is complicit. I wonder what it would take to change your mind. Probably nothing could.
Oh well. I have nothing more to say Once again if you are SOOOOOOO worried about the children why are you okay with young boys being able to go into bathrooms with adult men?

Shouldn't you really be advocating for restrooms only for children to remove the horrible adult element you are concerned with?

I mean are you saying that it is impossible for a young boy to get assaulted in a restroom?

This is what I'm saying. There is nothing rational about this fear because if it was rational then there should be an epidemic of this already happening as adults with children are already something that happens in our society.

Raisen
Newjak, have a good day

Surtur
I simply trying to point out the irrational fear being implied by his statement

Speaking of irrational fear, who does this bill harm though? Remember people are refusing to do business in this state, jobs have been lost, offices being built are now being built in other states..so all this whining..surely this law would do actual harm right?

A transgender who takes the hormones and has had the sex change and isn't just some creep in a dress..isn't going to have bathroom problems because nobody is going to question them. Do you go up to ducks and ask the ducks to prove they are ducks? No, so who specifically is harmed, otherwise there is an irrational reaction to saying boys piss with the boys, right?

Paint me a picture of how this harms any transgender person.

Raisen
surtur. can you see the point I was trying to make with newjak

Surtur
I think it's silly to think a father who doesn't want his daughter alone in a restroom with a creepy dude wearing a dress is somehow being irrational. Since remember: a transgender who pulls off the roll won't set off any "omg this person might not be the gender they appear" alarms.

In other words, nobody is going to go through months of hormone therapy and have a sex change just to make it a little easier to pick up a little kid in a restroom. I mean this all harkens back to the original point: the picture on facebook that guy posted is of an obvious dude in a dress.

So if we did say "use whatever bathroom you identify as" that is a slippery slope. To say "people who look like women and have taken hormone therapy and have sex changes can use the womans bathroom" is..well, it doesn't need to be said, because nobody was stopping them.

So I think even if it happens rarely..this bill will protect more then it ever harms people. It prevents a 16 yr. old boy from going "tee hee I identify as a female, let me shower with them". It doesn't prevent a transgender who looks and acts the part from doing anything.

dadudemon
Every single one of you opposed to letter transgender use the bathroom that represents their genders, please pay attention.

Let the liberal Redneck shine some light on this argument:

Ov-ocQpQtrw

My question is...

Where is all of the whining about gay men using the same bathroom as their sons? Where's all the whining about lesbians being able to use the same bathroom as their daughters?

No where?

Really? Good. STFU. Stop using this as an excuse to be afraid of transgender people.

Surtur
Like I said, paint me a picture of how this harms transgender people. Otherwise it sounds like an excuse for people to whine. Explain how this does more harm then good.

Like I said I don't think the bill was expressly needed, but I also don't see how it hurts anyone and I can see very rare instances of it helping.

You say stop using it as an excuse to be afraid of transgenders. I wish people would stop using it as an excuse to get offended. Which is what they do, right? Since this isn't actually going to hurt any transgenders lol, but people love to be mad over shit, they love to take a stand. I'm sure some piece of shit celebrity is patting themselves on the back right now for refusing to shoot any movies in North Carolina.

snowdragon
Other than biased fear what is the problem with transgenders using the bathroom of the gender they associate with?

There is ZERO need to spin. If you are a man use the mens room, women use the womens room.

There is literally no need to "feel" any specific way to use the bathroom associated with your born gender.

Why would someone argue that other then to start a fight?

Bardock42

Nobody taught my daughter intolerance.

Oh, you never talked to your daughter? Weird.

Newjak
Like I said, paint me a picture of how this harms transgender people. Otherwise it sounds like an excuse for people to whine. Explain how this does more harm then good.

Like I said I don't think the bill was expressly needed, but I also don't see how it hurts anyone and I can see very rare instances of it helping.

You say stop using it as an excuse to be afraid of transgenders. I wish people would stop using it as an excuse to get offended. Which is what they do, right? Since this isn't actually going to hurt any transgenders lol, but people love to be mad over shit, they love to take a stand. I'm sure some piece of shit celebrity is patting themselves on the back right now for refusing to shoot any movies in North Carolina. It is a law passed specifically against them. When in history has that not led to a feeling of secondary citizenship status. I mean seriously why did this law even need to get passed? And please stop using the children as in excuse. If they were really the reason then we would be pushing for children only restrooms as been pointed out before.

Surtur
It is a law passed specifically against them. When in history has that not led to a feeling of secondary citizenship status. I mean seriously why did this law even need to get passed? And please stop using the children as in excuse. If they were really the reason then we would be pushing for children only restrooms as been pointed out before.

The only reason I can see why this bill would be passed now would be all the attention trans people are getting these days. Until like a year or two most people didn't think twice about transgenders or anything like that, but now there is more of a focus. So maybe they thought "some creeps will hear of this and then begin to pretend to be women to get to our kids". I'm not saying that is entirely rational..but the attention the trans movement is receiving now is the only reason I can think as to why they passed this.

You say don't use the kids as an excuse, but you are using some kind of perceived notion of harm as an excuse. How is this going to disrupt the life of any true trans person? What trans people are going to have issues with this? Other then the fact there is a law that says use the boys bathroom if you're a boy. If you're a dude and you look and act like a chick and nobody questions you..then the law doesn't hurt you.

So it would be people getting upset over something that literally has zero impact on their life. Why is that valid, but the thing about the children isn't? It's not like these people are being persecuted really, nobody is saying put them in jail or anything..just use the friggin boys bathroom if you're a dude.

Let me give you an example of the weird hypocrisy this brings out. Paypal was going to build an office in North Carolina, but due to this they are not. So that is like 400-500 jobs gone. You might say "well it's their choice" but wait..the same company has built offices in other countries that treat trasngenders far worse, they have built in countries that even just treat gays and lesbians far far worse. So you see once again people are getting upset just for the sake of getting upset lol. The new thing these days is to be a victim or to act super offended by something, or both. People act like there are mobs of bathroom monitors running around North Carolina with pitch forks and torches.

Newjak
The only reason I can see why this bill would be passed now would be all the attention trans people are getting these days. Until like a year or two most people didn't think twice about transgenders or anything like that, but now there is more of a focus. So maybe they thought "some creeps will hear of this and then begin to pretend to be women to get to our kids". I'm not saying that is entirely rational..but the attention the trans movement is receiving now is the only reason I can think as to why they passed this.

You say don't use the kids as an excuse, but you are using some kind of perceived notion of harm as an excuse. How is this going to disrupt the life of any true trans person? What trans people are going to have issues with this? Other then the fact there is a law that says use the boys bathroom if you're a boy. If you're a dude and you look and act like a chick and nobody questions you..then the law doesn't hurt you.

So it would be people getting upset over something that literally has zero impact on their life. Why is that valid, but the thing about the children isn't? It's not like these people are being persecuted really, nobody is saying put them in jail or anything..just use the friggin boys bathroom if you're a dude.

Let me give you an example of the weird hypocrisy this brings out. Paypal was going to build an office in North Carolina, but due to this they are not. So that is like 400-500 jobs gone. You might say "well it's their choice" but wait..the same company has built offices in other countries that treat trasngenders far worse, they have built in countries that even just treat gays and lesbians far far worse. So you see once again people are getting upset just for the sake of getting upset lol. The new thing these days is to be a victim or to act super offended by something, or both. People act like there are mobs of bathroom monitors running around North Carolina with pitch forks and torches. You're kidding me right. Not every transgender is 100% passable. There are inbetweeners that are half way. What do they do risk being caught or awkwardly go to a restroom where they will stand out.

I mean you are correct they won't be jailed but they can be fined or escorted off the premises. That is a lot of extra stress to put on people over, what even you describe as, a knee jerk reaction.

Why is that acceptable at all? And why is it not okay for people to hate a discriminatory law

Surtur
Dude if the transgender isn't passable then it's irrelevant which bathroom they will use since they will stand out lol. Do you disagree with that assessment? A dude dressed like a female who clearly isn't pulling it off will get stares from men AND women.

You can certainly say that shouldn't happen, but it will. So if this is about making them feel comfortable it won't succeed. The ones who will be comfy will be the ones who can pull it off, and the ones who can't won't find comfort no matter what bathroom they piss in. It's a catch 22 I think.

Robtard
Originally posted by It's xyz!
i did. He was discussing a sex organ with regard to sexual separation between excretion from said sexual organs and sexual preferences, sexual identity and sex change operated people.

You claimed some obsession of penises and mentioned racial segregation because black penises are different to white penises.

Fail harder.

IOW: You didn't understand the humor because you didn't read the story

The point was that he's using outdated irrational fear and bigotry, really no different than when people first freaked out when bathrooms became unsegregated, you of course skip that and go on a penis tangent.

Surtur
I have a question, if you are a man and then you decide you are female then can you play in the WNBA? Should you be able to play in the WNBA? Also if you are a female who identifies as male can you play in the NFL? If you want to play in the NFL and they tell you no is that bigotry?

Robtard
We're not talking about some bearded dude who one days wakes up and says "okay, I'm a woman" and tries to use the ladies room like some jackass, we're talking about people with legitimate gender displacement. Sure, they'll be some people who will try and abuse this and all the haters and assclowns will rally around these examples as "proof" of why their bigotry is valid, but the few shouldn't ruin it for everyone else with legitimate needs.

She does not belong in a man's restroom, despite being born a man/male

http://d236bkdxj385sg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Transgender.jpg

As far as your sports conundrum, that's already happened once, look up Renee Richards

Surtur
But she looks female, nobody is asking her to use the men's room because nobody would think to do so.

Anyways, I'm curious as to how you feel about high school students? If a guy says he identifies as a woman and thus should be allowed to shower and use their locker room..what would you say? I know you said some people might try to abuse this, so how would you handle the people that do try that? Do you just say "you aren't committed enough" or whatever? What would you require for a person to be taken seriously? Getting on hormones?

Now what about the same scenario, but it's not just some horny teen. What if a 16 yr. old guy identifies as a female and has a sex change, and then he wants to shower with the girls, but some of the females feel uncomfortable. What would you advise then?

Robtard
There are people saying that transgender people should use the restroom of their birth gender, period. That means the woman pictured above belongs in men's restroom, from their point of view.

Don't know if there's an easy answer, but if someone dresses and behaves and looks like a separate gender than their birth gender, that's probably a good start. Someone who takes it one step further and goes on hormone therapy, another indicator that they're legitimate and not just some assclown trying to abuse the system.

If someone goes through sexual reassignment surgery, then legally they're that assigned gender. To your exact scenario, those girls will just have to deal with another person also having a vagina.

Surtur
I mean I will be honest for me it would sound like too much effort to pretend you are transgender just to get into the girls locker room.

On the other hand I know some creeps who probably would of done it in high school. Well..that is if my high school actually had any females, which it didn't sad

I feel especially bad for any of these transgender teens if they are attending Catholic school.

Newjak
Dude if the transgender isn't passable then it's irrelevant which bathroom they will use since they will stand out lol. Do you disagree with that assessment? A dude dressed like a female who clearly isn't pulling it off will get stares from men AND women.

You can certainly say that shouldn't happen, but it will. So if this is about making them feel comfortable it won't succeed. The ones who will be comfy will be the ones who can pull it off, and the ones who can't won't find comfort no matter what bathroom they piss in. It's a catch 22 I think. You asked for examples of where this law can clearly hurt people and I showed you. It will make any transgender person second guess themselves as a law was passed that can fine them.

And once again you're arguing for a Bill that discriminates by asking us to prove that such a Bill is harmful when it never should have been passed in the first place

Surtur
You asked for examples of where this law can clearly hurt people and I showed you. It will make any transgender person second guess themselves as a law was passed that can fine them.

What do you mean when you say it makes them "second guess" themselves. As in it makes them question if they did the right thing in being transgender? Or that they question if they should of revealed they are a transgender? Are you saying it makes them doubt themselves? I guess when I asked for harm I was looking for more then some hurt feelings. I mean this won't disrupt their day to day routine, right?

I am not saying the bill should of been passed, I have said that more then once. I don't think it was actually needed. But the bill has been passed. So I was essentially saying now that it has been passed what harm is caused..other then the harm I guess people experience from just knowing the bill exists?

It's almost like you are saying these people will be emotionally traumatized just by knowing this bill exists.

quanchi112
Have to be careful in this day and age with how you're perceived.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.