KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Curt Schilling out of ESPN job

Curt Schilling out of ESPN job
Started by: Tattoos N Scars

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Curt Schilling out of ESPN job

http://mashable.com/2016/04/20/curt...n/#taAzSWwWKqq5

I agree with his comments. It's crazy that you have to be PC these days or risk losing your job. America has become a nation of pansies. Pathetic. God forbid you voice an opinion and hurt someone's feelings.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:11 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, it's like everyone is walking around on egg shells.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Re: Curt Schilling out of ESPN job

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

I agree with his comments. It's crazy that you have to be PC these days or risk losing your job. America has become a nation of pansies. Pathetic. God forbid you voice an opinion and hurt someone's feelings.

No, it's totally fine for someone to publicly assert to thousands that not only are transsexuals dangerous but they'd be harmful around young girls. Oh, and that it isn't bigotry. It's not like trans individuals have a skewed enough rep as is.

We need more people to fight to defend horrendous opinions and conflate free speech with hate speech as some sort of lopsided, desperate argument!

Ugh, I miss the old days...

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:21 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

well the problem is what would Caitlin Jenner say about it?

Trump said Jenner can use whatever bathroom he chooses not trumps building. I agree with the comments, somewhat, but this shit does offend people and Facebook is not private not matter how many people think it is.

The guy acted stupid.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:23 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who cares? He just shared an opinion on facebook.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Curt Schilling out of ESPN job

Originally posted by The Lost
No, it's totally fine for someone to publicly assert to thousands that not only are transsexuals dangerous but they'd be harmful around young girls. Oh, and that it isn't bigotry. It's not like trans individuals have a skewed enough rep as is.

We need more people to fight to defend horrendous opinions and conflate free speech with hate speech as some sort of lopsided, desperate argument!

Ugh, I miss the old days...

I know right? We should just execute him for what he said. Or just make it so he can only work as a hot dog vendor from now on. That will teach him to share his opinion on his own social media page!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:26 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Perverts can now dress up like women for a chance to do some peeking in the ladies room. You know it's gonna happen.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:30 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Perverts can now dress up like women for a chance to do some peeking in the ladies room. You know it's gonna happen.

Dude stop your hate speech. It's like watching one of those old videos of Hitler giving a speech.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:31 PM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Definitely going to be a pandemic. We probably shouldn't let them drive either. They could drive to places and peek at the ladies at the places that the ladies go, y'know?

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:36 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Surtur
Dude stop your hate speech. It's like watching one of those old videos of Hitler giving a speech.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote:
"A man is a man no matter what they call themselves,” Schilling wrote, seemingly in reference to a controversial anti-LGBT law recently passed in North Carolina. “I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic."

Again with the penis obsession. These people are weird.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He's not going to jail. The government isn't doing anything to him.

A private company decided to let him go. It might be to save face but that doesn't mean what Schilling said wasn't bigoted either

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He's not going to jail. The government isn't doing anything to him.

A private company decided to let him go. It might be to save face but that doesn't mean what Schilling said wasn't bigoted either

I agree, but I just..doesn't it sort of feel like these days people are way too sensitive? Am I alone in this feeling?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:12 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I agree, but I just..doesn't it sort of feel like these days people are way too sensitive? Am I alone in this feeling?
I don't think people are more sensitive. I just think we are exposed to more now. I mean everyone has something they are sensitive about and as far as I can tell it's always been that way. We're just more aware of them.

Even the non-pc crowd has topics they hate and advocate for their feelings to be met. I do feel the non-pc crowd does tend to attract very bigoted followers at times.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:21 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
I don't think people are more sensitive. I just think we are exposed to more now. I mean everyone has something they are sensitive about and as far as I can tell it's always been that way. We're just more aware of them.

Even the non-pc crowd has topics they hate and advocate for their feelings to be met. I do feel the non-pc crowd does tend to attract very bigoted followers at times.

It seems someone is always complaining about something and that every single world is studied and dissected by people.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:29 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right. Facebook. I've said stupid things on Facebook, and it's not made me popular. I've not said anything transphobic on Facebook, but I doubt it'd be wise for me to do so. And if my work doesn't want to be associated with my views, so be it.
Who cares? He just shared an opinion on facebook.

There was a similar case when Andy Gray criticised female linesman for not understanding the offside rule. He got rightfully sacked.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:32 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

America will not be satisfied until we become as the Borg Collective. A single hive mind with no dissenting opinions.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 10:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As a public figure he should have known better before acting like a bigot, it' really that simple.

If he had said that he wished America would go back to separate black and white bathrooms as it used to be, because 'a black penis belongs in a black-only bathroom', would anyone here defending him now defend that?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 11:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do penises have to do with race?
Originally posted by Robtard
As a public figure he should have known better before acting like a bigot, it' really that simple.

If he had said that he wished America would go back to separate black and white bathrooms as it used to be, because 'a black penis belongs in a black-only bathroom', would anyone here defending him now defend that?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 11:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The "penis" part was obvious humor, since Schilling's comment mentioned "penis". Did you even read his comment? I'm guessing no.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 11:16 PM