Yerss's Game "The Sith Strikes Back"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot

Dexx
After checking his sabre, Seigan shakes the hands of his comrades, introducing himself

yerssot
your comrades on the ship 'Nebula Light' are:
(Firesmile Zeratul, (genral zinksmile Quixan Tlaloc Talmont, (Bespin Bart):
Joth Yareem

The other players: (rexsmile Ganon Talst, (Allor_Vadersmile Analaya and (General Kalierosmile Ceeratul Kaliero, start on the ship 'Hawk's Eye'

dexx, some jedi are too busy with meditation to even notice you being nice!

"Hey! You!
You're in shuttle AA-45 together with Zeratul, Quinxan and Joth!"
That's a rather big guy yelling at you, you know he's highranked but you just can't remember his name for the time being ...

Allor_Vader
Analaya boarded the ship Hawk's Eyes and takes her seat. She awaits takeoff payiently.

yerssot
not the most talkative one, allor? wink

Allor_Vader
{nope}

General Kaliero
I finish checking my sabres, and board the Hawk's Eye. Seeing only one other person(Allor), I extend a clawed hand. "Hello. I am Ceeratul Kaliero." You notice I speak rather labored Basic, as if I have learned it only recently.

Allor_Vader
Analaya looks up at him and accepts hand, "Name's Analaya. Nice to meet you."

yerssot
"Alpha wave will commence in TWO minutes!
Go to your designated shuttle now!"

that's AA-47 for the Nebula Light
and shuttle B1-Y9 for the Hawk's Eye

Buckle up people, it's going to be a ride straight down with shooting everywhere

General Kaliero
I sit down across from Analaya. I chuckle. "Adventure. Who needs it?"

Allor_Vader
Analaya shakes her head as she buckles.

Dexx
Seigan buckles up

Allor_Vader
Analaya closes her eyes and clears her mind. She the looks around and notices not everyone was on board.

yerssot
have to contact BB, Rex and FM before we let the ride begin, PM's are send

Captain REX
Ganon Talst sits down next to Ceeratul Kaliero. "This is will be great fun...for the Sith. We're going to get butchered. I know my Master had told me not to let fear get into my head, but we are outnumbered as usual."

"Well, we'll be leaving soon. I'm Ganon Talst. I'm a shapeshifter..."

Allor_Vader
ANalaya smiled, "Hi, Ganon."

Bespin Bart
Joth quickly takes his seat on the ship. He keeps calm, though his mind would like to go quickly to a panicked state. Fighting thousands is not what he had in mind of a great mission.

yerssot
at least you hope it are only thousands ...

You're all just strapped in when you feel a big shock.
No panic, that's just the shuttle debarking from the ship.

There's no time to get relaxed, there are a few windows on the shuttle and you can see Koriban and LOTS of defensive laserfire coming from it!
You get shaken pretty badly and you can actually SEE how the shields on your ship are taking lots of shots!
A shuttle next to you gets blown to smithereens!
That was the ship Jedi Master I'Thim was on!!!

The only thing you can do, is sit and pray hard, you're about to get killed either in this shuttle (shield percentage for the both teams is around 31%) or on the planet (with lots of badies to fight)

Anyone scared?

Dexx
eergh..yeah
what kind of tactic is this ?? seigan asks himself. just throwing ourselves into planetary defenses? wasn't another form of approach possible? He doesn't speak his mind for now

Fire
"We must stay calm, we must stay together, only by staying together and watching out for eachother can we get through"

"In what did you all excelle, sabre combat, force skill or nothing special?"

yerssot
I wouldn't exactly call it "nothing special" FM, you'll find out that you need those "nothing specials" much more then a sabreknight

Fire
I know but general is nothing special imo
quit bitching :P

Dexx
(whatever powers we have..we can't influence an assaulted ship from iside of it.)

General Kaliero
I, amazingly, start meditating, completely ignoring the laserfire. "The Force will protect us," I mutter.

Allor_Vader
Analaya stared at the lasers being fired at them. SHe wasn't scared just excited. She had learn to replace fear with excitemnt and happiness.

Captain REX
"It's already getting bad..." Ganon says. As the others can tell, he has a negative view when it comes to fighting.

Allor_Vader
Analaya turns away from the window. "You shouldn't have such a pessimestic view on this fight. It could always be worse, so enjoy what you get." she says says laughing to herself.

General Kaliero
"Listen to the woman." I say, opening my eyes. "She speaks much wisdom."

I smile. "And a little insanity." wink

Allor_Vader
Analaya laughs."Some of us find humor in this. You should too."

yerssot
before anyone can reply, alarms go off

the shields have reached a critical level of 10%! A few hits more and you're toasted! You praise yourself lucky the planet is nearby... until a red light starts flashing ...
hope you don't need the ancient equivalent of brakes to land ... if you do, I suggest you hold on to your pants and can take some pain

yerssot
hmm, apperently forgot to add that quite a few shuttles have crashed now ... you could all be the next one ...

General Kaliero
I brace myself for any shock, concentrating on the Force.

Allor_Vader
Allor calmly prepares herself for impact.

yerssot
The ship just falls into the atmosphere, still taking several hits on the way down.

Some don't dare to look outside the window, which is quite understandable.

Even before you can think about this a tad more, you're almost lifted out your chair, hitting the ceiling.
You're all dazed about the hit and look confused to eachother, suddenly the door flies open and lots of shots enter the shuttle (the shuttles have landed right next to eachother).

Better get your acts together, JediKnight Tal got a shot straight between his eyes and by the looks of it, he's quite dead, better not stand there too long or you'll have the same icecold problem as him.

Dexx
Seigan thinks twice before exiting the ship. he carefully dodges anything he can and deflects with his blade.

yerssot
hmm, you actually don't get out the shuttle that easy, you're almost pinned down to where you stood when the door opened

you very slowly make your way past the door, right in the open field where mercenaries shoot at you from the forest which is located around 200 meters ahead of you

Captain REX
Ganon quickly ignites his lightsaber. "Now this will be interesting..." Ganon says. He moves towards the doorway, deflecting bolts from in front, behind, and from the sides.

yerssot
A laserbolt almost hits you, you can feel the actual heat going past your cheek... pretty warm in your opinion

you know that if you stay in the shuttle any longer the mercenaries will either blow it up or shoot you down...

Captain REX
That was close... Soon Ganon is out the door. He cuts down one mercenary, and then moves into the defensive position again.

Bespin Bart
Joth ignites his lightsaber and pirouettes out the door, deflecting the shots very fast.

yerssot
long sabre Rex?
you haven't killed a mercenary, though you're standing in a defensive position...

BB, you're a general knight, making pirouettes AND deflecting shots with this amount is not a good idea, you get hit in the upperleg, ... well... actually "hit" is a big word, you're hurt yes, no blood and it won't bother you, though it will make you go easy on fighting for now...

(btw, bacta isn't around in this area, so you'll have to get better the old fashioned way)

Dexx
"let's head there!" shouts seigan pointing towards the forest.
He slowly starts to make his way to it, backwards, deflecting the incoming shots

yerssot
you're actually running to the forest where everyone is shooting at you?

place the shuttle in the center; the forest goes from west to east and is full of mercenaries, the south has some rocks, no shooting there
(you can still change your post if you wish, but going to the forest is suicide)

Dexx
oh..yeah..i thought that the forest is safe behind us.big grin
rewritting:
let's head there!" shouts seigan pointing towards the stones behind them.
He slowly starts to make his way to them, backwards, deflecting the incoming shots.
We can find cover there

(ok..this is by far the braves thing that jedi have ever done. Throwing yourself into the will of planetary defences and falling into a small...civill war??...nicestick out tongue )

yerssot
civil war? hmm, religious mess more likely... you the jedi vs mercenaries and Sith ...

going to wait before the "update" to see what the others are planning to do

General Kaliero
I jump out igniting my sabres and deflecting shots. Honed reptilians senses give me faster reflexes than humans...

I also make my way towards the rocks, slowly.

(Man, when you said action from the start, you meant it, didn't you? wink )

Allor_Vader
Analaya ignited her lightsaber and stepped out of the shuttle. Deflecting the shots, she moved towards cover never letting her guard up.

genral zink
Quixan ignites his sabers and deflects many shots. He follow Seigan.

Bespin Bart
"Damn!" Joth shouts. He continues deflect. He reflects a bolt back towards the mercenaries.

yerssot
I always keep my word kaliero wink

going to ask FM to post again, if he follows I'll update

Fire
(he has)
(I was wondering is it possible to cut open the shuttle hull on the other side, the south side, if that's possible I do that and exit that way, if that isn't possible I try to get out of the shuttle ASAP and try to get behind it asap making my way south)

"We can't stay here or we all die I suggest we follow Seigan"

Captain REX
Ganon presses forwards out the door and then towards the boulders.

yerssot
Of course you can, it's a lightsabre and some "normal sw metal" wink

you all safely reach the rocks, fire seems to have stopped and you see more and more jedi following your lead...

perhaps this is a good time to establish a camp? you'll need a good place first ... (and no dexx! no running north!)

Dexx
(damnsmile.......
camp while under heavy fire?)

Captain REX
"Good thinking, Seigan. We'll be somewhat safe here. Let's set up our camps behind the biggest boulders," Ganon suggests.

yerssot
I didn't ment a camp under heavy fire, dexx, I ment a camp which is safe, where you can get support from the ships above, that one

Captain REX
Why would we camp under heavy fire, Dexx? *shrugs*

yerssot
any plans made by the jedi yet?

Dexx
(i don't get this....did we get away from the attackers?)

Captain REX
(I suppose. We made it to the rocks and you're a hero for giving us all the idea.)

Dexx
(stick out tongue......but if we made it to the rocks, so can they....so..where's the time to camp?

Fire
"I suggest we get some distance between us and that army before we establish base camp, we can't stay here they'll flank us from both sides and we will be trapped here, Airsupport is no good here anywayz.
I suggest we head southwest, as fast as possible. Then we can call in Airsupport."

yerssot
*slow handclap*

Dexx
yeah..Seigan does that

General Kaliero
I'm still following along.

yerssot
rex, BB, Allor (to name a few)
all agree to this?

Allor_Vader
Analaya nods smiling.

General Kaliero
I agree, looking around at the others for support.

Captain REX
"Agreed. Let's move!"

yerssot
you move to the suggested south-west

shooting seemed to have stopped, they either gave up, or are changing places or perhaps something else?

you get to a big open field ... ... ...

Dexx
"open field's not good" says Seigan. "We need some kind of cover" he adds, looking around for some form of shelter

yerssot
no shelter ahead of you, there is forrest on the west (your right side, the same forrest where the mercenaries were shooting at you guys)
behind you are the rocks where you came from

Fire
"hmm, either we enter the forrest, which could bring us in the lions lair, or we try our best in open field?, I suggest we head towards the edge of the forrest and advance, from there"

yerssot
uhoh FM ... that's taking a risk...
reminder:
Firemaster: sabre
zink: sabre
dexx: sabre
Kaliero: sabre
rex: force allor: force
BB: general

Fire
is there any form of high vegitation in the field?
like high grass or such?
or a river or something like that?

yerssot
like 3PO would say ... What a desolate erm... field this is...
no grass, no river, just plain ...earth

perhaps a recent fire burned here?

Bespin Bart
"How about we stay on the edge of the rocks?" Joth suggests.

General Kaliero
"How about we stay somewhere where we're protected?"

yerssot
the rocks just stop here, that's the problem

right of you there's the forest where the mercenaries are, behind you are the rocks, and in front of you nothing at all

Dexx
(wait a sec....what's our goal here? Why did we land? what do we have to reach?)

yerssot
your goal is to survive, you land here to kill all the sith and that's all, you take your orders from all the master jedi who should be around here...

though, the game will take you somewhere else, but that's not the problem now.
The problem is you need to find a place to set up a base camp to get reinforcements in, that way you're safe

Captain REX
I say the edge of the rocks.

Dexx
"they're not that safe either" says Seigan " i suggest we set base camp here, in the open field. it's not much worse and at least we are farther away from our attackers."

Captain REX
"Well, we'd be able to see any approaching attackers, unless the mercenaries begin using sniper rifles. In the rocks we could take cover, but the mercenaries could hide in the rocks as well. The forest is out of the question, in my opinion."

genral zink
"I say we take the field. The reinforcements would spot us easier, and the ground doesn't have many obstacles if we have to fly from battle or something like that."

yerssot
again, to clear things up, ahead of you are no rocks at all, so the options you have is either
a) stay where you are (and don't get reinforcements)
b) run through the long open field (then you have to indicate which direction you will be taken
c) take the forrest route (where all the mercenaries are)

btw, if you say: go north it means go straight forword
east = right
south = back
west = left
otherwise in the end you get things like, you went south to the rocks then south-west and in the end you go like north-east to go left and stuff so that could be confusing for people

Fire
"I still think that the open field is not a good place to set up camp for a few reasons:
A) we don't know how many attackers we are up against
B) we don't know what kind of eqiupment they have
C) there is no cover what so ever.
I suggest we wait here (with the rocks) for the cover of darkness and then try to get over the field as fast as possible"

yerssot
hmm, I gave an estimate of thousands of thousands of MERCENARIES (not counting the sith around here), so you can say you're fairly outnumbered

where is Allor btw?

Allor_Vader
(right here) "I agree"

yerssot
greatsmile

so far; two (fire and allor) wants to wait for the darkness to fall
zink wants to make a run for it through the open
rex wants to stay at the rocks if I understand well, his rl brother has the same opinion
dexx wants to set up camp in the open field ...

hmm, you're not going to fight about this, now are you? wink

hope you get a decision fast, nasty things can happen if you stand still too long

genral zink
I'll switch to agree with Fire and Allor.

Fire
"look gentlemen, we must come to a decision soon we can not linger here"

Bespin Bart
Moving to agree with Fire.

yerssot
dexx and rex ... sticking to your ideas?
(bb, can you ask rex?)

Captain REX
Ug...I guess no one likes my idea. I'll agree with Fire. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
waiting for dexx, if he agrees night will fall

see... wasn't THAT bad!

Fire
(oooooooooooooooooh rex what do you mean by roll eyes (sarcastic) )

General Kaliero
I agree with Fire.

Dexx
i think we should continue our advancing in open field

Fire
"Seigan, I can understand your eager to get out of here, but if we are caugth crossing the field we will end up dead all of us, we can not defend ourselves there for very long"

yerssot
how do you know that for certain FM?

as long as not everybody agrees, I can't give the update ...

Dexx
(just do what the majority wants)
"i doubt our attackers are scared of the night" says Seigan. "we're as vulnerable at night as anytime. we can at least try to out run them"

Fire
"can you see as clear at night as you can during day seigan?"

yerssot
guess who had post 12.000 smile AND post 100 in the game smile
(I already classify it under BIG succes smile)

majority wants to wait... after you answer his question night will fall

Dexx
"they will not stop mearly at night fall" answers seigan. "these are siths we're dealing with here, not peasants"

Fire
not ALL of them are siths, most of them are just MERCENAIRY's, probably poorly equipt MERCENAIRY's

Dexx
" or probably not. We can't underestimate our opponents. Not that many siths are necessary to cause us problems if they catch us here, especially when they're backed up by that ...small army"

yerssot
after asking dexx about what to do ...

Night has fallen and all is black, you have trouble seeing far.
Let's say your vision goes as far as 5 meters.
what are you all planning to do?

it's all pure silence ... not! you hear some soft sounds coming from the forrest, the other jedi are not around anymore!

Dexx
"we might as well set camp by now" says Seigan. He looks at the unloaded stuff from the ship (i assume there are some) "what can we use there for our defense?"

yerssot
unloaded stuff? sure you have that ... in the shuttle of course, not near you

Dexx
So...how do we set base camp anyway?

yerssot
well, if everyone wants to set up base camp, you need the materials first, which are still in the shuttles (all of them), get them, put them here, construct basecamp and keep surviving wink

Dexx
ok..forget base camp.
"we could proffit from this and try to loose our track even more in the night" says Seigan

yerssot
at this point everyone wants to leave the place now?
nice ...
any plans if you people want to run over the field... through the forest...

(oh, and I could remind you people of something... but I'm being a pain now stick out tongue)

Dexx
(not everyone..probably just me)

yerssot
then we have to wait a bit for the others ...

nasty bugs ... probably some sort of leeches ... all near you, bleurgh!

Fire
(Since YERS FINALLY TOLD ME THERE ARE NO CITIES ON THE BLOODY PLANET I have to chance the plans a bit)

"look now it's dark if we want to call in airsupport some time, no matter when or where we will need the transmitter and some other equipment we left back in the shuttels I think we need some volonteers to go and get it, I can go but I would like 2 or 3 extra ppl, if we all want go that's also possible"

yerssot
to make FM a happy camper again...

a description of Korriban...

big world, lots of forests, few open spaces, NO cities nor technology you're aware off ... funny cause the sith are there...

that's pretty much it ...

Dexx
"going to the ships is suicide. They're probably swarming with patrols, if not already destroyed. We've lost too much time already. Though we would need the supplies."

(that's kind of dumb...how come we didn't think of taking them in the first place?)

yerssot
according to FM because I didn't told you there were supplies there... I kinda agree with him

Fire
"we will probably need reenforcements and air support if we ever want to survive this battle, if we ever want to get of this rock our best chance is the fleet, for which we need a transmitter

yerssot
which is in the shuttle btw

Dexx
"are there no friendly forces on this planet?"

yerssot
the other jedi, that's it

Dexx
(is this the dumbest situation in wich jedi were ever in, or what?)
"guess we have to go back for our stuff"

yerssot
no, that would be not seeing palpatine is evil...
to be honest, FM IS right ... (hey, I'm a n00b gamemaster), you have your supplies next to you now

enjoy wink

Dexx
what's in them?

yerssot
basics: food, tents, transmitter, ... everything to set up a permenant basecamp...
now to find the correct spot

Fire
(OK THAT"S THE LAMEST DEUS EX MACHINA EVER)

yerssot
I'm trying to help and again it's not good enough *sigh*

Fire
(lol it's fine, there are just other ways you could have done it, if you want some examples pm me or msn)
well seigan, where should we set up base camp according to you?

Dexx
"What's the difference? we're in open field anyway. Guess we could set it here, in the rocks, but we're no match if they gain on us.."

(any other players posting?)

Captain REX
(Sorry, I was grounded...I need to refresh my mind on this game a bit and then I'll post...)

yerssot
basicly, night has fallen and you guys are considering where to set up basecamp...
(perhaps you guys need a leader to speed things up?)

Fire
"can you try to be atleast a bit positive Seigan, or are you still mad because we didn't listen to you?"

Dexx
(oh no..not mad at all. smile seigan's a tad more of a pesimist guy, that's all)

"we can't allow ourselfs anything but a realistic view on this situation. We're not looking too clear on a succesfull mission here..."

Fire
"most likely, but there is no need to over dramatise everything"

yerssot
if you want to make a run over the field, the sun will be up again in a few hours

Dexx
What are the options here....run across the field OR set our silly little tents and wait for the guyz to come and hack us to pieces (even some fine species of knights like ourselfs stick out tongue ) What's wrong with calling reinforcements here anyway?

yerssot
because your reinforcements always like a basecamp being set up first
that's the trouble

Fire
maybe we should wait till some of the other players become active?

Captain REX
Middle of the freakin field!

Dexx
that's the thing..it doesn't even have a middle. Waste land as the eyes can see...stick out tongue

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Allor will post here after a good rest from soccercamp

Captain REX
Soccer camp, cool. I didn't know she liked soccer. smile

"Well, we'll never agree on this by the time the sun comes up. We could do rock-paper-scissors or roll a dice to see which idea we go with," Ganon suggests.

yerssot
the sun will be up in two hours btw ...

Dexx
i have stated my opinion

Allor_Vader
"Maybe we should vote." Analaya says

Fire
that's a good idea
I say we run the field

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>