Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
DoE Bane

JKBart
Originally posted by The Ellimist
DoE Bane

no, he doesnt win, wrong

The Ellimist
Feats for Qui Gon that match killing Johun Othone with only the aid of orbalisk armor?

JKBart
bringing about the destruction of the jedi order by taking anakin to the jedi temple

The Ellimist
Bane gets stomped

TheDarthBoy
The obvious trolling against this character is just laughable at this point.

This place is pretty much put on auto (Lolcow) in regards to this character

carthage
It could go either way but I'd lean Qui Gon due to humbling Anoon Bondara, greater skill accolades than Bane, and holding his own against Maul.

Bane's best feat is fighting evenly with Kas'im who has done nothing notable at all, other than being the best swordsmen of an order with zero notable duelists

The Ellimist
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
The obvious trolling against this character is just laughable at this point.

This place is pretty much put on auto (Lolcow) in regards to this character

I may speak in Carthage's troll-ish language, but I genuinely think that Bane could lose in a duel to Qui Gon. He's canonically the weakest of the Banite line, which grows continuously in power through about thirty Sith all the way to Sidious. As I've been over before, even like a 5% power creep per generation would lead to Sidious quadrupling Bane's power. A 5% power creep seems to fall on the conservative side, given that a significant portion of apprentices seem to defeat their master in personal combat, and then grow stronger afterwards.

In either case, you compound each Sith master getting powerful by a large enough margin to consistently defeat the previous, and one thousand years later, Bane would literally get one-shotted by Sidious. It's not too unrealistic to say that he could lose to Qui Gon.

TheDarthBoy
I may speak in Carthage's troll-ish language, but I genuinely think that Bane could lose in a duel to Qui Gon. He's canonically the weakest of the Banite line, which grows continuously in power through about thirty Sith all the way to Sidious. As I've been over before, even like a 5% power creep per generation would lead to Sidious quadrupling Bane's power. A 5% power creep seems to fall on the conservative side, given that a significant portion of apprentices seem to defeat their master in personal combat, and then grow stronger afterwards.

In either case, you compound each Sith master getting powerful by a large enough margin to consistently defeat the previous, and one thousand years later, Bane would literally get one-shotted by Sidious. It's not too unrealistic to say that he could lose to Qui Gon.

This is the funniest thing ive read, and this power creep thing seems made up, so by this logic the Sith of old are wea--- wait wait wait im not here to debate. Im here to laugh because this is just hilarious.

Make a thread I can put my SW EU talents in, that isnt with Bane or Lol Skywalker or Sids and I might make a real comment.

Emperordmb
Yeah.. Bane honestly stomps

The Ellimist
This is the funniest thing ive read, and this power creep thing seems made up,

Like most Bane wankers, you worship the character but never even figured out the point of his whole Rule of Two, which was for the Sith to gradually grow stronger, lol.

For a millennium, the Sith maintained the order in secrecy, passing down their evil heritage. As they gained knowledge of the dark side of the Force, their powers increased with each generation.

Source: Epsidode 1: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook

For a thousand years we continued to follow Bane's Rule of Two, existing in the shadows, bidding our time, growing in power, feeding our hatred.

Source: Insider #88: Heritage of the Sith

Ultimately, Bane's plan produced more powerful Sith Lords with each generation.

Source: Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook

(last one is post-Disney canon)

GG

No, sweetie, the power creep specifically deals with Banite Sith, not other Sith, for f*ck's sake.

Ooohhh, I'm sure the whole forum is trembling at the awe-inspiring intelligence of TheDarthBoy.

TheDarthBoy
Thanks for agreeing with my intelligence I am that smart. which is why your points are just bad. Plain and simple just bad.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah.. Bane honestly stomps

prove it?

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by carthage
prove it?

Troll it?

The Ellimist
Thanks for agreeing with my intelligence I am that smart. which is why your points are just bad. Plain and simple just bad.

What's your rebuttal to the quotes I provided?

And why can't I call you out for Qui-Gon trolling? Why is it OK to think that Qui-Gon can beat Bane, but not the other way around? It's clearly not based on any sort of actual advantage on Bane's part, or else you'd have articulated as much - why do you hate Qui-Gon so much? Did Liam Neeson throat chop you one too many times?

TheDarthBoy
You can call me out for Qui gon trolling go for it.

But ill just disagree either way with your opinions on banes cuz I can

My rebuttal is this hold on...................................................................................................................................

TheDarthBoy
What's your rebuttal to the quotes I provided?

And why can't I call you out for Qui-Gon trolling? Why is it OK to think that Qui-Gon can beat Bane, but not the other way around? It's clearly not based on any sort of actual advantage on Bane's part, or else you'd have articulated as much - why do you hate Qui-Gon so much? Did Liam Neeson throat chop you one too many times?

*Debating points, counter arguments*!!!

The Ellimist
In other words, you're doing exactly what a troll does; ignoring arguments. thumb up

I hope for your sake that you're really young, like 12-14 or so.

TheDarthBoy
Young oh yes very young...........................you got me.

How about this make a match up that I can place my talents to.

When it comes to you on Bane, I will simply dismiss your word on it entirely cuz I can do that.

The Ellimist
lol kid the more you post, the more cringe and angst you're building up for your future self to look back on, kek.

TheDarthBoy
Thanks for the tip, but your giving it to the wrong person.

Anyways when it comes to Bane Im not putting my mind to use on him, he has is pretty much a meat shield to fans nowadays.
So its damn near impossible to change ones opinions on a very IMO fan underpowered character in the mytho's.

I mean in the future ill look back and laugh at the hilarious power scaling and how often they change them.

Im not using Bane here or any other severely over or under estimated or hyped characters, thats final.

Nephthys
Just ignore him, he's just being a *****.

The Ellimist
lol who are you talking to?

The Ellimist
Anyways when it comes to Bane Im not putting my mind to use on him, he has is pretty much a meat shield to fans nowadays.
So its damn near impossible to change ones opinions on a very IMO fan underpowered character in the mytho's.

You haven't even tried to show me any of your brilliant arguments. I used to rank Bane much more highly; others' arguments changed my mind. I highly doubt that yours could, since you're obviously a sh*t tier debater, but who knows?

It's clear from your signature that you think you're really smart, which astounds me. Like school alone should have hit you in the face with that idea.

Then GTFO of my thread and go back to learning your ABCs.

Beniboybling

In either case, you compound each Sith master getting powerful by a large enough margin to consistently defeat the previous, and one thousand years later, Bane would literally get one-shotted by Sidious. It's not too unrealistic to say that he could lose to Qui Gon. In all honesty that only makes Palpatine stronger, not Bane weaker, its not as if Palpatine wouldn't one shot Qui-Gon either.

The Ellimist
Well it's not an exact science; I think that we can put some reasonable upper limits on what the gap between Palpatine and X PT character could be given power chains from Palpatine/Yoda -> Dooku -> Obi Wan -> Maul -> Ventress -> etc.

I could see people thinking that Bane could take Qui Gon though. Once you get to, say, Dooku, it becomes impossible.

TheDarthBoy
You haven't even tried to show me any of your brilliant arguments. I used to rank Bane much more highly; others' arguments changed my mind. I highly doubt that yours could, since you're obviously a sh*t tier debater, but who knows?

Im not even gonna answer that, Its just stupid, resorting to insults is just grand.

It's clear from your signature that you think you're really smart, which astounds me. Like school alone should have hit you in the face with that idea.

*yawns*

Then GTFO of my thread and go back to learning your ABCs.

Is that a threat?

Ohhhhhhhhhh im so roasted, KMC roast of 2016

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Just ignore(Love) him, he's just being a ***** (nice person).

Thanks buddy

The Ellimist
I can just hear the fast food frying behind your future self.

MythLord
Bane murks him, twice over.

TheDarthBoy
I can see the future of someone im really mad at cuz I hate his guts now.

Beniboybling
Well it's not an exact science; I think that we can put some reasonable upper limits on what the gap between Palpatine and X PT character could be given power chains from Palpatine/Yoda -> Dooku -> Obi Wan -> Maul -> Ventress -> etc.

I could see people thinking that Bane could take Qui Gon though. Once you get to, say, Dooku, it becomes impossible. Can we? Yoda never brought his Force powers fully to bear on Dooku (whereas we don't know how multitudes of power translate into lightsaber combat) all we know is his peer can choke the guy over hologram, and destroy people in his league and an excess of it e.g. Maul, Anakin, Starkiller. If we were to assume Bane around Dooku level, its not unreasonable to assume Dooku is as vastly beneath him.

Regardless, if we were to assume otherwise, I would say that an assessment of Bane's feats alone would lead him to be placed significantly higher (than whatever fodder level you'd put him at), does that mean these feats should be considered inaccurate? If not false?

TheDarthBoy
Okay all seriousness though, Placing Bane Above Dooku in raw force power is abit high reaching. I see them as albeit even on the playing field though.

But Beni Bane is featless and doesnt match the power creep from the new disney novel.......*slaps wrist*

Beniboybling
I personally have Bane above Dooku but your welcome to that opinion, placing Bane lower only adds credence to my case though.

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I personally have Bane above Dooku but your welcome to that opinion, placing Bane lower only adds credence to my case though.

^^This is how you interact with other peoples opinions *casts bait*

Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/QmeB1Hr5fz7a0/giphy.gif

TheDarthBoy
............Caught the wrong fish.

EmperorSidious2
Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.