KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)

Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)

DoE Bane

Old Post May 1st, 2016 12:02 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Darth Bane vs. Qui Gon (sabers)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
DoE Bane

no, he doesnt win, wrong

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 12:10 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Feats for Qui Gon that match killing Johun Othone with only the aid of orbalisk armor?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 12:12 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

bringing about the destruction of the jedi order by taking anakin to the jedi temple

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 12:13 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Bane gets stomped

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:49 AM
TheDarthBoy

The obvious trolling against this character is just laughable at this point.

This place is pretty much put on auto (Lolcow) in regards to this character

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:31 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It could go either way but I'd lean Qui Gon due to humbling Anoon Bondara, greater skill accolades than Bane, and holding his own against Maul.

Bane's best feat is fighting evenly with Kas'im who has done nothing notable at all, other than being the best swordsmen of an order with zero notable duelists

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:35 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
The obvious trolling against this character is just laughable at this point.

This place is pretty much put on auto (Lolcow) in regards to this character

I may speak in Carthage's troll-ish language, but I genuinely think that Bane could lose in a duel to Qui Gon. He's canonically the weakest of the Banite line, which grows continuously in power through about thirty Sith all the way to Sidious. As I've been over before, even like a 5% power creep per generation would lead to Sidious quadrupling Bane's power. A 5% power creep seems to fall on the conservative side, given that a significant portion of apprentices seem to defeat their master in personal combat, and then grow stronger afterwards.

In either case, you compound each Sith master getting powerful by a large enough margin to consistently defeat the previous, and one thousand years later, Bane would literally get one-shotted by Sidious. It's not too unrealistic to say that he could lose to Qui Gon.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:55 AM
TheDarthBoy

I may speak in Carthage's troll-ish language, but I genuinely think that Bane could lose in a duel to Qui Gon. He's canonically the weakest of the Banite line, which grows continuously in power through about thirty Sith all the way to Sidious. As I've been over before, even like a 5% power creep per generation would lead to Sidious quadrupling Bane's power. A 5% power creep seems to fall on the conservative side, given that a significant portion of apprentices seem to defeat their master in personal combat, and then grow stronger afterwards.

In either case, you compound each Sith master getting powerful by a large enough margin to consistently defeat the previous, and one thousand years later, Bane would literally get one-shotted by Sidious. It's not too unrealistic to say that he could lose to Qui Gon.

This is the funniest thing ive read, and this power creep thing seems made up, so by this logic the Sith of old are wea--- wait wait wait im not here to debate. Im here to laugh because this is just hilarious.

Make a thread I can put my SW EU talents in, that isnt with Bane or Lol Skywalker or Sids and I might make a real comment.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:03 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah.. Bane honestly stomps

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:12 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

This is the funniest thing ive read, and this power creep thing seems made up,

Like most Bane wankers, you worship the character but never even figured out the point of his whole Rule of Two, which was for the Sith to gradually grow stronger, lol.

For a millennium, the Sith maintained the order in secrecy, passing down their evil heritage. As they gained knowledge of the dark side of the Force, their powers increased with each generation.

Source: Epsidode 1: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook

For a thousand years we continued to follow Bane's Rule of Two, existing in the shadows, bidding our time, growing in power, feeding our hatred.

Source: Insider #88: Heritage of the Sith

Ultimately, Bane's plan produced more powerful Sith Lords with each generation.

Source: Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook

(last one is post-Disney canon)

GG

quote:

so by this logic the Sith of old are wea--- wait wait wait im not here to debate. Im here to laugh because this is just hilarious.

No, sweetie, the power creep specifically deals with Banite Sith, not other Sith, for f*ck's sake.

quote:

Make a thread I can put my SW EU talents in, that isnt with Bane or Lol Skywalker or Sids and I might make a real comment.

Ooohhh, I'm sure the whole forum is trembling at the awe-inspiring intelligence of TheDarthBoy.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:15 AM
TheDarthBoy

Thanks for agreeing with my intelligence I am that smart. which is why your points are just bad. Plain and simple just bad.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:25 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah.. Bane honestly stomps

prove it?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:30 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

Originally posted by carthage
prove it?

Troll it?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:31 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Thanks for agreeing with my intelligence I am that smart. which is why your points are just bad. Plain and simple just bad.

What's your rebuttal to the quotes I provided?

And why can't I call you out for Qui-Gon trolling? Why is it OK to think that Qui-Gon can beat Bane, but not the other way around? It's clearly not based on any sort of actual advantage on Bane's part, or else you'd have articulated as much - why do you hate Qui-Gon so much? Did Liam Neeson throat chop you one too many times?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:56 AM
TheDarthBoy

You can call me out for Qui gon trolling go for it.

But ill just disagree either way with your opinions on banes cuz I can

My rebuttal is this hold on...................................................................................................................................

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:09 AM
TheDarthBoy

What's your rebuttal to the quotes I provided?

And why can't I call you out for Qui-Gon trolling? Why is it OK to think that Qui-Gon can beat Bane, but not the other way around? It's clearly not based on any sort of actual advantage on Bane's part, or else you'd have articulated as much - why do you hate Qui-Gon so much? Did Liam Neeson throat chop you one too many times?

*Debating points, counter arguments*!!!

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:11 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

In other words, you're doing exactly what a troll does; ignoring arguments. thumb up

I hope for your sake that you're really young, like 12-14 or so.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:12 AM
TheDarthBoy

Young oh yes very young...........................you got me.

How about this make a match up that I can place my talents to.

When it comes to you on Bane, I will simply dismiss your word on it entirely cuz I can do that.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:23 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

lol kid the more you post, the more cringe and angst you're building up for your future self to look back on, kek.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:26 AM