Anakin Skywalker vs. Exar Kun [Sabers Only]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Both in their prime; battle takes place on Dantooine. Who is the superior duelist?

Aurbere
Anakin's just better in every way.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mind tells me Anakin, heart tells me Kun.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mind tells me Anakin, heart tells me Kun.

Your stray heart has always been your weakness.

Anakin tears him apart with his bare hands.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Aurbere
Anakin's just better in every way.

Buuut mah spirit feats!

Aurbere
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Buuut mah spirit feats!

Sabers only tho.

TheDarthBoy
Hmmmmmmm this one is actually pretty fair even, im going with Exar in this one.

Exar 5.5/10

But on the flip side if Exar messes up once he is done.

The Ellimist
I mean, basically there are two components to this: their Force augmentation and their technical skill. The former would clearly go to Exar if it were just a product of one's mastery of the Force, but Anakin seems to possess raw power in excess of how much he's refined it to telekinesis and whatnot, so I'm not sure with that. It's enough to make Dooku shake, but how much does that have to be? Technical skill is an even murkier case; Exar has the impressive feat of essentially developing his own custom dual bladed form, but Anakin had no trouble making form modifications when he wanted to, could use jar'kai as a padawan, and was described by Dooku IIRC as one of the best djem so practitioners he had ever seen in the Jedi golden age. It's really impossible to figure out.

My semi-intuition would lean Anakin, as his raw power does seem to be far greater (the way Dooku was getting hammered even before "teh zone" isn't something we've seen Exar replicate).

Of course, this is only a question if you think there's a distinction between standard and "zone" Anakin. If the Anakin who beats Dooku is just an unrestrained one, he slaughters Kun.

NewGuy01
The idea of a "zone" Anakin is honestly ridiculous. It was conceived for the sole purpose of lowballing back in the olden days. I'm pretty sure the only reason people still believe it these days is because it's been ingrained in their minds for so long that it's hard to let go.

If we're actually inspecting the text and basing our analysis on related statements from Nick Gillard, what happened is pretty obvious. Anakin let go of his fear of his dark side and embraced it fully instead of stopping half-way like he always had before, and that's why he became stronger. Nothing else is even implied, really.

Anywho, lol @ this. Anakin's been said to be "possibly the most powerful Jedi of all time" on like 5 different occasions, and it's not because he's mastered the arcane secrets of the Force, guys. This is his game, and he's the best at it.

FreshestSlice
thumb up

The Ellimist
The zone thing is also a way to make sense of why Anakin doesn't seem to exert the same magnitude of dominance over people in other circumstances, like when he fights Obi Wan, for example. But I suppose that can be explained by his sleep deprivation/not eating/being an emotional wreck/Obi Wan being the soresu master/Obi Wan knowing all his moves/Obi Wan still being on the defensive the whole fight.

It's also a little weird that the dark side provides that much of an instant power boost.

FreshestSlice
Why would he do as well against Obi-Wan as he did against Dooku when the entire point was protecting what he loved the most? It's not about the Dark Side itself. It's about being completely committed to the goal.

NewGuy01

The Ellimist
EDIT: ninja'd, but applies to the above too Hmmm ok interesting point. If "Zonakin" is the real Anakin (and he apparently undergoes a haxxed growth from season 6 to RotS), he might be more powerful than Yoda, lawl.

NewGuy01
In some ways he is. In other ways... He's still got a ways to go, lel.

The Ellimist
Freshest does make an interesting point; Mustafar Anakin seems to underperform despite his embracing the dark side; it seem to be more a product of emotional clarity, either focused to the dark or light, than specifically choosing the dark.

I mean, maybe.

TheDarthBoy
My only thing is can Anakin get past Exar kuns Trakata blade work and arcaic weapon?

Also Exar kun is a shit talker as well (I think that can get Anakin pissed enough for him to win or break Exars own groove).

But in his fight with Dooku, Anakin was being told by Palps to give into his anger.

The Ellimist
Damn NewGuy, these quotes have been around for a long time and yet some people don't factor them in for some reason.

Is RotS Anakin actually the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke in the mythos?

NewGuy01
Again, what people underestimate is the inner conflict. As Palpatine described it in Rise of Darth Vader, Anakin was "between worlds". He hadn't completely given himself to the dark side, and you can see that in the movie--he still has regrets, he's not all the way into this evil gig until after Padme's death and his maiming at Obi-Wan's hands.

That inner conflict weakens him, dulls his edge so to speak. Just like it did when he fought Luke in Return of the Jedi, as referenced by Dave Filoni.

To contrast with that, Anakin embraced the dark side fully when he fought Dooku. He wanted to kill Dooku, and Palpatine gave him the permission he needed to cross that line. It did cause him some troubles down the road, but not during the fight.

TheDarthBoy
So does Anakin have Palpatine helping him....giving him such amps? Or will this be a battle of attrition until one messes up.

FreshestSlice
Or you can read what is actually said in this thread. Why even ask such a dumb question?

NewGuy01
Palpatine didn't give him an amp, Anakin was holding himself back before Palpatine interjected.

Just incase you missed it, Ellim:

The Ellimist
thumb up That is dark-side Anakin though. Not sure if he counts for your typical vs. debate? IDK if he'd be as powerful if he "embraced the light side".

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Or you can read what is actually said in this thread. Why even ask such a dumb question?

Circumstances, not all fights are the characters at 100% thats why im asking.

TheDarthBoy
Also yes before Palpatine interjected, which means yes it was an amp/emotional mindset. Palpatine gave him the proper motivation to embrace the side that would help.

FreshestSlice
That is not what amp means. erm

TheDarthBoy
amp = amplifiers does it not? I mean thats what I usually get from that.

Nexus amp, Force amp.....

amps are made to make a character stronger or better in some way.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Ellimist
thumb up That is dark-side Anakin though.

Anakin's always skirted the dark side; it's a question of whether or not he's holding himself back out of fear in these VS matches.

Even if we were to assume that's the case, Anakin permanently lets go of that fear and restraint after Mace's death halfway through the book. If we're assuming peak incarnation, we wouldn't necessarily be looking at how he was on the Invisible Hand tbh.

The Ellimist
Well, at that point he's Vader.

If it's necessarily a function of embracing the dark side, I do wonder how Galen Marek and Revan are more powerful as light siders. As you alluded to, it may be more a matter of conviction and willpower.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
amp = amplifiers does it not? I mean thats what I usually get from that.

Nexus amp, Force amp.....

amps are made to make a character stronger or better in some way.
No, if it's their natural strength, and changing your mindset is not a change in natural strength, than it's not an amp.

TheDarthBoy
So this is pre suit Vader than?

When I see Anakin in vs threads I see him at the Invisible Hand in ROTS. Which makes me wonder which mindset he is in.

TheDarthBoy
No, if it's their natural strength, and changing your mindset is not a change in natural strength, than it's not an amp.

Yes but you need to be in the proper mindset to use your power at its best do you not?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Well, at that point he's Vader.

If it's necessarily a function of embracing the dark side, I do wonder how Galen Marek and Revan are more powerful as light siders. As you alluded to, it may be more a matter of conviction and willpower.

I think the fact that they're stronger than they were originally as dark force users does stem from their conviction and willpower, yeah. Especially the conviction and willpower it takes to embrace the light from out of the darkness.

Then again, if you actually read the TFU novel and Galen's fight with Vader, when he slips and taps into the dark side he immediately overwhelms Vader for a moment too.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
Yes but you need to be in the proper mindset to use your power at its best do you not?
Which has nothing to do with whether something is an amp or not.

Syndicate
Kun.

TheDarthBoy
Which has nothing to do with whether something is an amp or not.

Yes it does, he needed some sort of.....help and outside source to get him focused on the victory.

Which makes it an amp, as he didnt have the right mind to do this to beat Dooku as fast as he did.

MythLord
Exar Kun is just too unpredictable.

The Ellimist
^ lol

A peak performance Anakin eviscerates Exar in fifteen seconds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.