Force users that can defeat a star destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
It seems like very few believe that Valkorion could defeat Sovereign.

So is there anyone who could stand a chance against an infinitely more powerful ISD?

The character is on a planet and the ISD is lined up right above it in orbit. Both are aware and prepared for one another.

Bonus round: no telepathy

JKBart
Abeluth

NewGuy01
Some of the TP-proficient masters could probably pull it off.

Zenwolf
...Ok...so one being vs a ship that could extinguish entire planets....yeah how is this not spite? Only the most powerful TPs could do it telepathy wise and that's if they could affect the minds of the entire crew before they get blasted.

Bonus round? No regular Force User could.

The Ellimist
Not Wankatine?

Zenwolf
If it's DE Palps, he could just Force Storm it.

Prior? No.

The Ellimist
Alright, so a regular Force user could do it. What about anyone who could just telekinetically crush the crew members, or just the important ones? Essence transfer? etc.

Zenwolf
Palps isn't really a regular Force User by DE. Or well in the sense of regular he can be killed and that's it, as he has Essence Transfer to use.

Again they would have to be powerful enough in TK to pinpoint all the important crew members simultaneously and kill them before the person gets blasted, which not many can do to that great a number at once.

Beniboybling
Caedus has accomplished something similar so he could probably do it.

The Ellimist
Of course not many can, but it's more than zero, right?

Zenwolf
Right it's more than zero, but I wouldn't be going into the double digits here. Because taking into account of where each person is on the ship, let's look at the layout of an ISD shall we?

http://www.fernandocordoba.com/desc/plano.jpg

Looking here, said Force User would need to target at the least 6 separate locations at once to effectively cripple the ISD to make it inoperable for combat.

1. Command Bridge

2. Primary power generator

3. Subsidiary reactor

4. Auxiliary reactor

5. Heavy turbolaser stations

6. Quad laser battery

Now the Turbolaser stations, there are 275 Gunners.

In a pinch however, Stormtroopers and Army Troopers could also operate the Turbolasers given their skill sets. So since an ISD carries a full division(Battlegroup) of Stormtroopers which is 8,192 Stormtroopers, the rest being 1,508 Army Troopers giving a grand total of 9,700 Troops on board.

So the Force User in question would need to target all of the systems, plus over 10k personnel at once or otherwise be killed by incoming turbolaser fire.

Which there isn't many capable of doing that.

Even if you take away the Troopers, the Force User would still need to target different sections of the ships at once and affect the crew members.

If The Force User just goes to focus on one thing, they'll get blasted even if they pull it off. Thus at best it becomes a stalemate.

EVEN then, the Force User would also have to pinpoint where these systems are on the ship from their position, going through a ton of machinery to even affect it, which again...there isn't many that could do that.

Beniboybling
They only need take control if the bridge Wolf. erm

JKBart
With TP included, guys that can pull it off:
- Valkorion,
- Darth Thanaton?
- Darth Nox,
- Satele Shan,
- Arcann?
- Revan,
- Dread Masters,
- Lord Sadic?
- Sel Makor,
- Palpatine.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
They only need take control if the bridge Wolf. erm

No they don't, they have to kill the Gunners. The Gunners are the danger, not the Command bridge.

I merely just listed what said Force User needs to do, to make the ship entirely inoperable for combat.

Even if you take away all of what I listed and just focus on the Gunners, the Gunners are in different sections of the ship, which means dividing attention and focus.

That and it's still near 300 guys they would have to TP, which as far as TP wise goes, I don't recall even many powerful Force Users(in the double digits anyway) being able to affect that many minds at once.

Plus as noted, I was looking at it from no TP since Ell asked about who could do it without TP which isn't many.

Beniboybling
Or... the take command of the bridge, order the gunners to stop firing then intiate a self destruct. thumb up

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Or... the take command of the bridge, order the gunners to stop firing then intiate a self destruct. thumb up

By the time that happens, the Force User would have already been obliterated by Turbolaser fire, since all the crew know about said Force User and are prepared(as noted by the OP) thus even if the Commanding Officer is TP'd, the Gunners and other crew would know and ignore such orders.

PLUS again Beni I was looking at it from a NON-TP scenario, since Ell asked me who could without TP.

There are more Force Users that can do it with TP than without, but in both scenarios, the numbers aren't heavy.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by JKBart
With TP included, guys that can pull it off:
- Valkorion,
- Darth Thanaton?
- Darth Nox,
- Satele Shan,
- Arcann?
- Revan,
- Dread Masters,
- Lord Sadic?
- Sel Makor,
- Palpatine.

Is satele really that strong?!

JKBart
Yeah. Not that much as a combatant, but as a Force user definitely.

Petrus
Originally posted by JKBart
Yeah. Not that much as a combatant, but as a Force user definitely.

How so, Bart?

Zenwolf
Does she even have noteworthy TP feats? From what I've gathered, she's not strong enough to take an ISD out herself.

The Ellimist
Bart is trolling. Satele isn't weak but she's not a contender for third of all time, lol.

Edit: mixed up with third most powerful Jedi thread

Zenwolf
Figured, anyway I think my assessment is good, so good day.

JKBart
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Bart is trolling. Satele isn't weak but she's not a contender for third of all time, lol.

lolnope

I will elaborate on Satele's power later in the evening, cause it's 27*C in my apartment kek.

Kurk
The Ones

Nephthys
Bane. smile

Also Revan could teleport onto the ship and ruin it.

hutchy1345
Bane wills it out of existence Happy Dance

MythLord
Rivi Anu.

S_W_LeGenD
- Father
- Son
- Daughter
- Abeloth
- Valkorion
- Revan
- Luke Skywalker
- Palpatine
- Darth Nihilus

To name a few.

There would be more including Darth Jadus and Dread Masters.

Syndicate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_aOR6H9h0I

hutchy1345
Yeah galen and above basically

SunRazer
Horak-Mul's ghost smile

diomiosio123
bane has a good shot

Petrus
Agreed. She's not shown anything that suggests she can solo a ISD.

Time-Immemorial

Accusing other people of trolling while being a troll yourself?

The Ellimist
Where did I "accuse" him, lol? I'm just making a factual statement

But you're also hardly one to call hypocrisy, Mr. thread rules

Time-Immemorial

The Ellimist
Where did I say it was a bad thing he was trolling? Lol

Also I seem to recall you breaking forum rules and then calling me out on breaking the same ones lmao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.