Injustice 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/31/rumors-saying-injustice-2-will-be-announced-around-e3-next-month/

Not 100% confirmed yet, but with all the teasing, hints, etc. it seems all but inevitable which I figured was gonna happen for awhile.

Honestly not hyped for this yet though still. The inevitable Jason Todd or Red Hood inclusion might be cool, but if there's too much other Bat-wank on the roster and everything again besides that... Sigh.

Don't really have any expectations for a story after the first game, but if we can have some more universal threats like Darkseid this time, that'd be cool.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/31/rumors-saying-injustice-2-will-be-announced-around-e3-next-month/

Not 100% confirmed yet, but with all the teasing, hints, etc. it seems all but inevitable which I figured was gonna happen for awhile.

Honestly not hyped for this yet though still. The inevitable Jason Todd or Red Hood inclusion might be cool, but if there's too much other Bat-wank on the roster and everything again besides that... Sigh.

Don't really have any expectations for a story after the first game, but if we can have some more universal threats like Darkseid this time, that'd be cool. The roster has to be bigger, thats the first thing.

And we need Darkseid to be a playable character, that'd be cool.

Also no Scorpion.

-Pr-
Honestly, I really liked the first one, but the second one would need to be as different to it as MKX was to MK9 for me to show interest.

KCJ506
My speculation on what the majority of the roster will be(mostly involves some kind of promotion for TV shows and upcoming movies)

Vet shoo-ins

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Aquaman
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Martian Manhunter
Lex Luthor
Joker

Other possible returns

Harley Quinn
Deathstroke
Shazam

Possible newcomers

Black Canary(main character on Arrow. Really should have been in the first one IMO)
Supergirl(has her own TV show now)
Scarecrow(was the main villain in Arkham Knight)
Killer Croc(Suicide Squad movie)
Captain Boomerang(same as KC)
Vixen(has made appearances in Arrow and also has an animated web series)
Black Manta(may possibly be in the upcoming Aquaman movie)
Circe(may possibly be in the upcoming Wonder Woman movie)

Possible guests(we know Injustice 2 is gonna have them)

Spawn
A Watchmen character(yes Watchmen is DC, but they aren't part of the main DC continuity)
Hellboy(probably a longshot unless by some slim chance a third movie finally gets announced)

Ridley_Prime
To add on to your list of characters that recently became more notable due to having TV shows or being main characters in them:

Black Arrow (Malcolm Merlyn)
Ra's al Ghul
Vandal Savage
Firestorm
Either Zoom or Reverse-Flash

And such and such.

Jmanghan
If darkseid isn't in this game I won't get it.

If Darkseid isn't a normal playable character, I will not get this game.

Jmanghan
"Lets put him in the iOS version, but leave him out of the main game, he'll be a background hazard!"

Ridley_Prime
I was able to give the lack of him in the first game a pass since he didn't have like anything to do with its story or something, but the iOS part was still a shitty move, yeah. With how lacking the first game's roster was in other areas too and things, I won't be as forgiving this time if we don't get more heavy hitters like Darkseid, or at least Mongul.

Kazenji
I would like to see Swamp Thing in the sequel.

Ridley_Prime
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/07/rumor-first-injustice-2-poster-may-have-just-leaked/

mmm

Estacado
Beautiful.

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/07/rumor-first-injustice-2-poster-may-have-just-leaked/

mmm

Poster looks awesome. Is that Kryptonite on Batman?

Originally posted by KCJ506

A Watchmen character(yes Watchmen is DC, but they aren't part of the main DC continuity)

Hehe, do you know what's going on in DC right now? Dr. Manhattan's been suggested to be the/a Big Bad, and that Mr. Oz is actually Ozymandias.

BruceSkywalker
will be buying so I can kick people's ass

KCJ506
I was able to give the lack of him in the first game a pass since he didn't have like anything to do with its story or something, but the iOS part was still a shitty move, yeah. With how lacking the first game's roster was in other areas too and things, I won't be as forgiving this time if we don't get more heavy hitters like Darkseid, or at least Mongul.

Well the thing is a villain like Darkseid is such a serious threat that he would have overshadowed anyone else in the game's story. The focus was on the conflict between Superman's regime and the Earth 1 heroes. Throwing Darkseid in there would have immediately taken away from that. Darkseid is either the primary villain or you leave him out, period.

But yeah I'll be shocked if he's not the main villain for this one. I also hope they tone down on the Batman characters. I keep seeing people on sites like Youtube suggest mainly Batman characters. Even ones that really wouldn't be fighting game material like Two-Face, Riddler and Mad Hatter which is really sad.

Ridley_Prime
Pretty much; that's why I was able to excuse Darkseid not being in the first game.

I usually see more people mention like Poison Ivy than those examples, but yeah. It is pretty bad. Two-Face is one of my top favorites out of Batman's rogue gallery, but doesn't mean I'd want him in this or think that he'd be top fighting material. Some people...

@ that other post: Yeah, I believe it's kryptonite on him, as per the usual.

Nemesis X
I'm gonna pass on this if the roster consists mostly of Batman characters again like in the first Injustice. I'm serious no expression

Jmanghan
Each "Batman" character is a superhero in their own right. I liked that Nightwing was included tbh.

Nemesis X
They still originated from Batman's comics though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
They still originated from Batman's comics though. Yeah but they eventually became their own characters and identities.

Demonic Phoenix
@ that other post: Yeah, I believe it's kryptonite on him, as per the usual.

Glowing Tron Lines for everybody on the roster then. mmm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah but they eventually became their own characters and identities.

Still a part of the Bat-family.

Nemesis X
Yeah but they eventually became their own characters and identities.

Doesn't mean they're not part of Batman's gallery anymore. You seem to have a hard time understanding that.

KCJ506

I usually see more people mention like Poison Ivy than those examples, but yeah. It is pretty bad. Two-Face is one of my top favorites out of Batman's rogue gallery, but doesn't mean I'd want him in this or think that he'd be top fighting material. Some people...

I think it's because unfortunately for those particular people, Batman IS their entire DC universe. It's really all they know. So they have trouble picking out characters from other series so they'll pick out the Batman characters for the sake of familiarity. Even if they wouldn't make a good fighting game choice compared to other non Batman ones.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Glowing Tron Lines for everybody on the roster then. mmm

Still a part of the Bat-family. And its not like they haven't been Batman, if you want JUST Batman, thats cool.

I need at least Nightwing to be in the game.

I also want Darkseid.

Estacado
Likin this new armor thingy....
oDav-JfidL0

Estacado
Also....sounds awesome!!:

Build and power up the ultimate version of your favorite DC legends in INJUSTICE 2. With a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, INJUSTICE 2 allows you to personalize every iconic character with unique and powerful gear. Take control over how your favorite characters look, how they fight, and how they develop across a huge variety of game modes. This is your Legend. Your Journey. Your Injustice.

Originally posted by Estacado
oDav-JfidL0

Demonic Phoenix
Tony Stark should be a guest character this time around...

Ridley_Prime
VOTE VOTE VOTE

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/740645114188582912

Haven't decided yet, but leaning most toward Captain Cold at the moment (though I suppose in turn Killer Frost might have to go byebye to avoid redundancy), but I'd be fine with any of the choices.

I predict Swamp Thing will get most of the votes, regardless.

Nemesis X
Swamp Thing all the way thumb up

Demonic Phoenix
Voted for Blue Beetle. Black Beetle (YJ version) as an alternate costume would be awesome.

I wonder if they'll bring Static Shock to 2.

Jmanghan
Doesn't mean they're not part of Batman's gallery anymore. You seem to have a hard time understanding that. I never said they weren't, jackass.

Estacado
Gameplay reveal on 11th of june.

quanchi112
Meh.

-Pr-
oDav-JfidL0

I actually had the opposite reaction, tbh.

Arachnid1
Voted for Blue Beetle. Black Beetle (YJ version) as an alternate costume would be awesome.

I wonder if they'll bring Static Shock to 2. I don't have a twitter, but if I did, I'd go for Blue Beetle too. Static would be absolutely awesome too.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I actually had the opposite reaction, tbh. Agreed. Everyone armored is lame. Especially Supes.

Nemesis X
I like the armor. I love customizing but it is kinda funny Superman needs armor since he's Superman. Also why is his cousin in the game? Supergirl isn't that much different from Clark skillset wise and am worried this is gonna be another Marth/Lucina situation.

Ridley_Prime
Gameplay reveal on 11th of june.
Cool, that's my birthday.

I like the armor. I love customizing but it is kinda funny Superman needs armor since he's Superman. Also why is his cousin in the game? Supergirl isn't that much different from Clark skillset wise and am worried this is gonna be another Marth/Lucina situation.
Having same or similar powersets =/= having same movesets.

Superman and Zod
Green Lantern and Sinestro
Shazam and Black Adam
And whatever else I'm not thinking of.

All have very similar powers to the other, yet played quite differently in the first game, so am not worried about Supergirl far as that. If this game has variations a la MKX though, then there's bound to be some more similarities with some characters, but that's about it.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. Everyone armored is lame. Especially Supes.
A lot of them felt/looked unusually armored in the first game too, so wasn't really surprised about it here. Some characters armored can look cool, but when you do it with too many of them, it just seems like they're being too edgy/tryhard with the designs.

Do look forward though to seeing what customization there is beyond the Tron looking gear, but yeah.

Estacado
Some of you guys are pretty sceptical.
NRS made 3 awesome fighting games in the last few years I have high hopes for this one.

Jmanghan
Oh, yeah, its cool.

"F*ck the Batman characters, I could do with another Superman clone."

As if there weren't enough of them in the first game.

-Pr-
Oh, yeah, its cool.

"F*ck the Batman characters, I could do with another Superman clone."

As if there weren't enough of them in the first game.

The first game had more Batman than Superman characters. Hard to believe they won't again.

Some of you guys are pretty sceptical.
NRS made 3 awesome fighting games in the last few years I have high hopes for this one.

If you were on console it was less painful. MKX was a disaster on PC, and they're not even releasing Injustice 2 on pc now. No real reason for me to look out for it now.

Ridley_Prime
^ And there seemed to be a lot more street level characters in the first game than superpowered ones, mostly thanks to the focus on Batman and his gallery. Forgot who first said it, but Bats Among Us would've been a more fitting subtitle for the first game than Gods Among Us.

Even if Injustice 2 were on PC, anyone would have to be brain damaged to get it on there, given WB's reputation in that area now.

I'm not really skeptical on this game, just kinda so-so on it right now after my gripes/disappointments with the first Injustice and to a lesser extent, MKX. I don't doubt that this'll be another solid fighter or anything, but depending on what all this game has or doesn't have, just not sure how invested I'll be in it yet.

-Pr-
^ And there seemed to be a lot more street level characters in the first game than superpowered ones, mostly thanks to the focus on Batman and his gallery. Forgot who first said it, but Bats Among Us would've been a more fitting subtitle for the first game than Gods Among Us.

Even if Injustice 2 were on PC, anyone would have to be brain damaged to get it on there, given WB's reputation in that area now.

I'm not really skeptical on this game, just kinda so-so on it right now after my gripes/disappointments with the first Injustice and to a lesser extent, MKX. I don't doubt that this'll be another solid fighter or anything, but depending on what all this game has or doesn't have, just not sure how invested I'll be in it yet.

WB was 50/50 after what happened with Arkham Knight and MKX. It's just sad that they seem to be giving up, rather than trying to improve their lot.

I really enjoyed the first Injustice, and there aren't many good DC games I can play that don't have Arkham in the title (though the often rumoured Superman game may finally get announced at E3, so fingers crossed).

Ridley_Prime
^ Yep. Does seem typical for them to do though by this point.

Aye. Heard about that Superman thing. Hope it's decent if it's true then. Back to Injustice 2 though,

Ehhhhhh... Tells a bit of what we needed to know about the story I guess. After the underwhelming "story" of the first game though, I don't have much expectations for this one. Yeah, it had a couple notable moments, but was largely forgettable as a whole.

-Pr-
There's only so much you can do with evil Superman that hasn't been done before.

Estacado
Darkseid comes and tries to take over earth.

That would be enough....stick out tongue

Jmanghan

I'm not really skeptical on this game, just kinda so-so on it right now after my gripes/disappointments with the first Injustice and to a lesser extent, MKX. I don't doubt that this'll be another solid fighter or anything, but depending on what all this game has or doesn't have, just not sure how invested I'll be in it yet. Uh, nah, Batman and Superman characters were nearly balanced out.

We had the essential characters that were going to get in like Bane, Grundy, Nightwing and Joker.

Catwoman isn't a Batman character no matter how strong of connections they had.

Batgirl was bullshit though.

Then we got Zod, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, etc.

More street levelers rather then superpowered characters is subjective. I like street levelers more, but that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

KCJ506
Uh, nah, Batman and Superman characters were nearly balanced out.

We had the essential characters that were going to get in like Bane, Grundy, Nightwing and Joker.

Catwoman isn't a Batman character no matter how strong of connections they had.

Batgirl was bullshit though.

Then we got Zod, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, etc.

More street levelers rather then superpowered characters is subjective. I like street levelers more, but that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

That doesn't make any sense. You're saying Catwoman isn't a Batman character, yet you're putting Grundy among that group when he first battled the original Green Lantern and has actually fought Lanterns and Superman more than he ever did Batman?

And Bane wasn't really essential. Like Zod he really only got in because he was the villain of his respective foe's last movie at the time.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KCJ506
That doesn't make any sense. You're saying Catwoman isn't a Batman character, yet you're putting Grundy among that group when he first battled the original Green Lantern and has actually fought Lanterns and Superman more than he ever did Batman?

And Bane wasn't really essential. Like Zod he really only got in because he was the villain of his respective foe's last movie at the time. Bane was going to get in no matter what, regardless of movie releases or whatever.

They based the game, not off comics themselves, but the Animated Series' of the comics, cartoons, the animated stuff.

-Pr-
I honestly don't see how you can say Catwoman isn't a Batman character. Her entire history is deeply intertwined with his.

Jmanghan
I honestly don't see how you can say Catwoman isn't a Batman character. Her entire history is deeply intertwined with his. Because she was introduced seperately.

-Pr-
Because she was introduced seperately.

Howso?

Jmanghan
Damn.

Just looked it up.

I'll take that L.

KCJ506
Even if Catwoman had been introduced separately, had would that not make her a Batman character? That would be like saying Wolverine isn't a X-men character since he was introduced in the Hulk's comics.

Jmanghan
What the **** is it?

Kazenji
What the **** is it?

The sound of your own fart.

-Pr-
Either way, I do think there needs to be more variation. We had people like Aquaman and Flash but not their villains? Black Manta and Captain Cold would easily work in a game like this. DC has a huge library of characters, and it needs to showcase more of them, imo.

Where's Red Tornado? Geo-Force? Doctor Light? Starfire? Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner or Kilowog (even as alternate skins)? The JSA, the LEGION, the Freedom Fighters. The rest of the Suicide Squad.

****in' Birds of Prey.

They could add so much more.

Estacado
So there is pic with a dude wearing an Injustice 2 shirt.
It has symbols of

Grodd
Atrocitus
Captain Cold
Batman
Aquaman
Dr Fate
Flash
Supergirl
Wonder Woman

They say it could be some of the new characters hinted....

http://testyourmight.com/threads/update-esls-joshua-gray-teases-new-injustice-2-shirt-more-characters-hinted.60554/page-3

CPT Space Bomb
Either way, I do think there needs to be more variation. We had people like Aquaman and Flash but not their villains? Black Manta and Captain Cold would easily work in a game like this. DC has a huge library of characters, and it needs to showcase more of them, imo.

Where's Red Tornado? Geo-Force? Doctor Light? Starfire? Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner or Kilowog (even as alternate skins)? The JSA, the LEGION, the Freedom Fighters. The rest of the Suicide Squad.

****in' Birds of Prey.

They could add so much more. Well, fighting games' rosters aren't typically huge. Also, MK feels like they have to fill up at least half the roster with their characters. Meh.

cdtm
WB was 50/50 after what happened with Arkham Knight and MKX. It's just sad that they seem to be giving up, rather than trying to improve their lot.

I really enjoyed the first Injustice, and there aren't many good DC games I can play that don't have Arkham in the title (though the often rumoured Superman game may finally get announced at E3, so fingers crossed).

Lego games are good. But of course, they have "Batman" in the title. wink

-Pr-
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Well, fighting games' rosters aren't typically huge. Also, MK feels like they have to fill up at least half the roster with their characters. Meh.

Not huge, no, but the excessive amounts of bat-characters takes up space better used for others, imo.

Originally posted by cdtm
Lego games are good. But of course, they have "Batman" in the title. wink

They are good. I'm still waiting on a Marvel Heroes-esque DC game though.

Ridley_Prime
Darkseid comes and tries to take over earth.

That would be enough....stick out tongue
With the "each time I enter the pit, I emerge reborn" line from the trailer, there's more alluding to Ra's al Ghul at the moment, but I hope Darkseid's somewhere in the mix too. I wanted Ra's in the first game anyway though; always felt he had more fighting game potential compared to most of Batman's gallery.

As long as Regime Superman's not the main focus again, I'll probably be more content with whatever they do with the story than I was the first game.

Jmanghan
IMO Batgirl and Scorpion (of all ****ing people) were the only shit characters.

Nemesis X
p50qZNiRfa8

-Pr-
Nice variation in characters this time, but I would be amazed if the game looks that good and runs at a consistent 60fps.

CosmicComet
the graphics look...weird to me.

i prefer MKX's graphics.

Ridley_Prime
Nice variation in characters this time, but I would be amazed if the game looks that good and runs at a consistent 60fps.
Know what ya mean... I'll still be amazed enough though if the game's not a move spammers' paradise like the first one.

Demonic Phoenix

What was MKX's frame-rate?

-Pr-
Know what ya mean... I'll still be amazed enough though if the game's not a move spammers' paradise like the first one.

I doubt it'll change THAT much.

What was MKX's frame-rate?

MKX was capable of 60 on pc I know, but I didn't play it on consoles so I have no idea.

The graphics to me look like a real step up, though, hence my concern.

Ridley_Prime
I don't know, it did change a lot from MK9 to MKX with things being less spammable (with some exceptions of course), so I'm sure Injustice 2 won't be quite the spammers' paradise that the first game was.

Agree on the graphics concern.

Estacado
That trailer looked phuckin great!!

Also Atrocitus!!

Also PR your got you Black Manta so stop compalinin...uhuh

Estacado
So top 5 heroes and villans you want in Injustice 2. No one from the 1st game.
Atrocitus was my most wanted character so Im extremly happy about him.

Villains:
Darkseid
Despero
General Eiling
Mordru
H'el

Heroes:
Etrigan
Geo Force
Eradicator
Captain Atom
Orion

-Pr-
I don't know, it did change a lot from MK9 to MKX with things being less spammable (with some exceptions of course), so I'm sure Injustice 2 won't be quite the spammers' paradise that the first game was.

Agree on the graphics concern.

I dunno. Honestly, the only huge difference I felt was between 9 and X was I had to block a whole lot more. I still saw a fair bit of spamming, though maybe it's just me.

Also Atrocitus!!

lol, it does seem like we'll be getting a more broad roster this time. That's good.

Demonic Phoenix

MKX was capable of 60 on pc I know, but I didn't play it on consoles so I have no idea.

The graphics to me look like a real step up, though, hence my concern.

Just checked, and MKX generally ran at 60fps on consoles.

There are upgraded consoles coming out, so IJ2 hitting 60fps should be fine I think. Injustice 2 is at least a year away.

BruceSkywalker
they should have showed more Batman beating up people sad

Ridley_Prime

Also Atrocitus!!

I heard that Black Manta's only a stage background character though like Martian Manhunter in the retail version of the first game... Maybe if he's lucky he'll get to become DLC like MM, in which case.

Top five wanted heroes and villains? Out of what's left, I'll have to think a bit and get back to you on that, should I come up with it.

Estacado
So what symbols do you guys recognize?
Captain Cold gun
Harley hammer
Dr Fate helmet
Flash boots
Aquaman trident
Super Girl S
Atrocitus lantern
whats the upper 2nd and 3rd?

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/injustice-2-t-shirt.jpg

Nephthys
Looks like it might be Black Manta's helmet and possibly Orion's helmet or Batman's cowl.

steverules_2
Is Tony Stark giving all these guys armour??

Ridley_Prime
^ If he is, then he's also clearly doing so for the mighty morphin reboot rangers, just as he did with reboot Robocop before them.

Estacado
Plenty of armor there...Superman ultra looks sweet!

XF8pjqDsxIk

-Pr-
Just checked, and MKX generally ran at 60fps on consoles.

There are upgraded consoles coming out, so IJ2 hitting 60fps should be fine I think. Injustice 2 is at least a year away.

Ah ok. I was just worried as, to me, it looks like a bit of a graphical upgrade.

XF8pjqDsxIk

lol @ Dex Starr. That's awesome.

Really not a fan of the armour, though.

Estacado

XF8pjqDsxIk Originally posted by -Pr-
Ah ok. I was just worried as, to me, it looks like a bit of a graphical upgrade.

lol @ Dex Starr. That's awesome.

Really not a fan of the armour, though.

The Atrocitus armor in the begining is kinda meh.....overall Im happy with his looks(suit, face....etc)
I liked the Butcher one from the trailer.

Yeah Dex-Starr is awesome.

The idea behind getting more powerful with new gear is nice...

The clash animations looks great ....

CosmicComet
I'm not getting on board with this armor gimmick shit.

Estacado
Sheesh you people b1tch too much its just costumization make your own character nothing more.....

Astner
Sheesh you people b1tch too much its just costumization make your own character nothing more.....
It's pretty ****ing stupid.

What's the point of giving Superman a power-armor to enhance his strength or speed?

Instead of making all of these customs with new abilities we could've seen a larger character rooster or more environments.

Estacado
How the phuck do you know that this feature limits the roster or anything else in the game?

Game has like 4 minutes of gameplay out, yet you speculate how 1 feature takes away from the other stuff....

Astner
How the phuck do you know that this feature limits the roster or anything else in the game?
Because that's how budgets work. You either have the designers design new characters or you have them design new forms for existing characters.

Besides I'd rather not have everybody being Iron Man.

CosmicComet
This isn't Injustice 2.

This is We Iron Man Now 1.

Ridley_Prime

The clash animations looks great ....
My only main concern on getting more powerful with new gear is how it'll affect balancing. Other than that, I don't have too much a problem with the armor stuff, though it does feel rather forced.

Yeah, the clashes look better. In the first game, they all looked pretty much the same.

-Pr-

I just don't like it. shrug

Demonic Phoenix

Not for a fighting game it isn't. Could have some ridiculously broken gear (sets) that need(s) to be nerfed. If it was just aesthetics, it'd be okay.

Nemesis X

Heroes:
Starfire
Etrigan
Katana
Swamp Thing
Captain Atom

Villains:
Black Manta
Metallo
Brother Blood
Darkseid
Morgaine le Fay

cdtm
Isn't this customization anathema to serious competitive games?

I don't care personally, but Smash players only use like three stages for a reason. And I remember Geometry Wars players made so much fuss about the drone's, Sierra created a "pure" droneless quest mode just for them.

Arachnid1

Villains:
Darkseid
Despero
General Eiling
Mordru
H'el

Heroes:
Etrigan
Geo Force
Eradicator
Captain Atom
Orion Static
Kid Devil
Spectre
Booster Gold
Cassandra Cain

Darkseid
Mr. Freeze
Brainiac
Killer Croc
Reverse Flash

Cass and Static are the ones I want most though.

Estacado
DApDDDlYZn0

Khazra Reborn
I think the 'gear customization' or whatever you want to call it is a cool idea that gives a lot of replay ability. Holy shit the designs are so ugly though, I didn't think they could get any worse from Injustice 1, but they sure proved me wrong.

Ridley_Prime
If the customization has as much variation as I think it does, I'm sure there'll be other gear not seen or shown yet that's more aesthetically pleasing... but yeah. Some of the designs so far are just fugly.

Aside from that, Atrocitus looks awesome.

Estacado
Wonder if he uses any constructs or he is just a brawler.
I dont mind if he doesnt since he has always been portrayed like a tank some blood magic use would be really cool though..

-Pr-
Wonder if he uses any constructs or he is just a brawler.
I dont mind if he doesnt since he has always been portrayed like a tank some blood magic use would be really cool though..

I thought he used a construct in one of the videos we saw? A train or something. Maybe I'm thinking of the bull, I dunno.

Estacado
I thought he used a construct in one of the videos we saw? A train or something. Maybe I'm thinking of the bull, I dunno.
Yeah that's his ultra.He creates a Butcher (RL entity construct)
Shown here as well.Was thinking more about his special moves which seem to be brawlerish still we have seen very few of him to know for sure.
DApDDDlYZn0

-Pr-
I was sure I saw a train too. Eh, either way. I wonder if any of the other Lanterns will use their entity as their special.

I'd love to see Parallax, for example.

Estacado
I was sure I saw a train too. Eh, either way. I wonder if any of the other Lanterns will use their entity as their special.

I'd love to see Parallax, for example.
Parallax would be awesome!
Hal or Sinestro?

-Pr-
Parallax would be awesome!
Hal or Sinestro?

Oh, I meant Parallax as in, the yellow bug. Not possessing anyone.

I doubt Hal would use the Ion whale, but I'd like to see something just as epic. Maybe someone like Kilowog and some Lanterns show up to do a super beam or something.

KCJ506

Villains:
Darkseid
Despero
General Eiling
Mordru
H'el

Heroes:
Etrigan
Geo Force
Eradicator
Captain Atom
Orion

Heroes:

Black Canary
Vixen
Firestorm
Doctor Fate
Red Tornado

Villains:

Darkseid
Black Manta
Captain Cold
Star Sapphire
Circe

Estacado
Yes!!Atros has blood magic!!Damn that ultra!!!
J5iXhfjJ17w

Estacado
mBjyT9PT5PE

Estacado
Atros says the RL Oath during his super!

QlRp__ZB0Zg

Estacado
Maximilian Dood's review on the e3 demo...

pYu2DYPaTnE

Ridley_Prime
Tournament regulations will be used to keep gear modifications in check, so that's a good sign.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/14/injustice-2-will-have-tournament-regulation-keep-gear-modifications-check-will-be-using-ggpo-online-net-code/

Other relevant info...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/14/characters-max-out-level-20-have-four-attribute-categories-build-footage-injustice-2s-gear-customization-menu/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/15/ed-boon-reveals-super-moves-injustice-2-have-interactive-element-them/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/15/ed-boon-explains-why-gear-system-was-added-injustice-2-will-be-thousands-pieces-available/

Super moves having an interactive element to them adds well to the nature of this series.

Estacado
There will be at least 8 dlc characters maybe 10.

Estacado
Seems like Dex-Starr can create shield,you can buff your attacks and drain enemies health with blood magic.Also napalm vomit does burning damage.Damn Atros is so cool!
PXVoduaVk7c

Ridley_Prime
There will be at least 8 dlc characters maybe 10.
Well of course. Too bad a single season pass doesn't cover for them all anymore, only half of them or so.

Estacado
Yup.
Remember after KP 2 got released we could get 1&2 for like 35 bucks instead of 60 or whatever the price of the 2 was separately.

Ed used this logic in the interview:
Mk 2011 had 4
Injustice had 6
Mkx had 8

So Injustice 2 should have at least 8 possibly 10.

Ridley_Prime
Saw someone post this on twitter which I thought raised an interesting point. Injustice got glorified for its stage transitions, when technically, the concept came first in MK3 when you did an uppercut on certain stages (and has existed in other forms in other fighting series), and yet we don't get that in MK anymore...

Demonic Phoenix
Makes more sense in Injustice as there are Superman-level characters punching each other around.

Ridley_Prime
But then you got street level characters knocking Superman through buildings and things which would normally never happen. stick out tongue It's one of those fun gameplay mechanics that don't have to make sense, so I'm mixed on how they slowly took stage transitions out of MK, but kinda realize now that I miss it being there also.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, but those street-level characters were popping Kryptonite pills to make them Superman-level. That's how NetherRealm handwaved the transitions right?

Yeah, I know right, they should be in MK, but I am kind of certain that NR will put them in MK11 or some MK down the line. For MKX, they brought over a couple of things from Injustice, and the gear system in IJ2 is an 'evolution' of the variations system in MKX.

Estacado
Boon confirmed Wonder Woman and dlc guest characters.

cdtm
Saw someone post this on twitter which I thought raised an interesting point. Injustice got glorified for its stage transitions, when technically, the concept came first in MK3 when you did an uppercut on certain stages (and has existed in other forms in other fighting series), and yet we don't get that in MK anymore...

Didn't even Mortal.Kombat vs DC Universe support transitions?

Injustice might be the first to do "cinematic transitions", though.

Edit: Just checked and MK vs DCU has fully cinematic transitions, too.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, but those street-level characters were popping Kryptonite pills to make them Superman-level. That's how NetherRealm handwaved the transitions right?

Yeah, I know right, they should be in MK, but I am kind of certain that NR will put them in MK11 or some MK down the line. For MKX, they brought over a couple of things from Injustice, and the gear system in IJ2 is an 'evolution' of the variations system in MKX.
Actually forgot about that little subplot. Suppose so.

Perhaps... I'm not sure how I would compare the gear system to MKX's variations, but the mentioned regulations to keep certain gear in check from being OP and things makes it more promising now.

Boon confirmed Wonder Woman and dlc guest characters.
Guessing there'll be Sub-Zero and the like... Guests in general really lost their luster for me after MKX though, as great as most of the ones in that game were. And I'm sure there'll be some DC characters as wanted in this game as Fujin and certain characters were for MKX, but won't be included in favor of said guests.

Demonic Phoenix
Actually forgot about that little subplot. Suppose so.

Perhaps... I'm not sure how I would compare the gear system to MKX's variations, but the mentioned regulations to keep certain gear in check from being OP and things makes it more promising now.

Guessing there'll be Sub-Zero and the like... Guests in general really lost their luster for me after MKX though, as great as most of the ones in that game were. And I'm sure there'll be some DC characters as wanted in this game as Fujin and certain characters were for MKX, but won't be included in favor of said guests.

MKvsDC's Rage was soooooo much better than k-pills, amirite?

Same here, but in one of the interviews, Ed Boon mentioned that the gear system was the next step.
Tbh, if they don't make/restrict broken/OP gear, might be interesting to see gear matchups, akin to a trading card game feature.

Dark Kahn confirmed. vin

Ridley_Prime
MKvsDC's Rage was soooooo much better than k-pills, amirite?

Same here, but in one of the interviews, Ed Boon mentioned that the gear system was the next step.
Tbh, if they don't make/restrict broken/OP gear, might be interesting to see gear matchups, akin to a trading card game feature.

Dark Kahn confirmed. vin
lol The rage even getting referenced in Shazam's ending in the first IJ. If Raiden were a guest character in this (wouldn't mind him over the highly predicted Sub-Zero), the intro dialogues he'd have with Superman would obviously reference MKvsDC.

Oh, I see. Starting to see this gear system more in a similar vein to the armor customization in Soul Calibur now; I don't mean the character creation, but how you could put different armor and things on the existing characters.

Ridley_Prime
Just a minor nitpick, but seems kinda lazy how the character roster/select screen for this has a really similar layout to MKX's. erm

Estacado
So Comic-con will probably reveal more characters.

KCJ506
My roster

Heroes:

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Flash
5. Aquaman
6. Supergirl
7. Cyborg
8. Green Lantern
9. Green Arrow
10. Martian Manhunter
11. Black Canary
12. Vixen
13. Doctor Fate
14. Firestorm

Villains:

1. Atrocitus
2. Gorilla Grodd
3. Darkseid
4. Lex Luthor
5. Joker
6. Harley Quinn
7. Deathstroke
8. Captain Cold
9. Braniac
10. Killer Croc
11. Ocean Master
12. Circe
13. Star Sapphire
14. Katana

DLC:

1. Shazam
2. Starfire
3. Red Tornado
4. Swamp Thing
5. Blue Beetle
6. He-Man(guest)
7. Scarecrow
8. Cheetah
9. Red Hood
10. Captain Boomerang
11. Livewire
12. Spawn(guest)

Ridley_Prime
If something like that were the actual roster, I'd be all over this game. yes Too bad it probably won't though. After the disappointment with MKX's roster, with a number of characters that should've been obvious inclusions (whether in the base game or DLC), I don't have very high hopes for Inj 2's roster, tbh.

If the Bat-wank prevails again like in the first Injustice, at least Poison Ivy would actually be a unique fighter, with her supernatural abilities.

Estacado
I think 38 characters is a good number.
(10 dlc)
The demo had 28 slots though its probably just alpha stage.

Probably they will announce WW on Comic con since its her 75th annual.
Hoping for Dr Fate and some new characters though.

Ridley_Prime
Looking forward to that then... And with how they've improved on the faces/models of the females now, hopefully Wonder Woman won't have that man-face she had in the first Injustice.

edit: That reminds me, there was a free late skin for her in the first Inj based on the Gal Gadot WW in BvS. Wonder if that'll be in this game too.

BruceSkywalker
If something like that were the actual roster, I'd be all over this game. yes Too bad it probably won't though. After the disappointment with MKX's roster, with a number of characters that should've been obvious inclusions (whether in the base game or DLC), I don't have very high hopes for Inj 2's roster, tbh.

If the Bat-wank prevails again like in the first Injustice, at least Poison Ivy would actually be a unique fighter, with her supernatural abilities.

I haven't played the first one yet, but will buy next Friday or Saturday. but what does Batman all do?

Estacado
So Boon kinda teased Darkseid on Twitter.
Yay!

Ridley_Prime
The ComicCon panel of Inj 2 is said to reveal two new characters on Friday. If Darkseid's really in the game, hopefully he'll be shown then or sometime.

KCJ506
I'd like for them to reveal one returning character and one new character. But somehow I have a feeling that the reveals will be two characters that we already know are in the game. Like Wonder Woman and Flash.

cdtm
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I haven't played the first one yet, but will buy next Friday or Saturday. but what does Batman all do?

Take up around half the game. Stages and characters are largely Batman related. DLC only makes it worse.

Superman has a good amount of rouges in it, too, but Batman beats him in stages. (Metropolis and Fortress of Solicitude are matched by Wayne Maynor alone, since they threw in a day and night stage.)

KCJ506
I think having both a day and night version of Wayne Manor was pointless. Especially since the day version doesn't even appear in story mode.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by cdtm
Take up around half the game. Stages and characters are largely Batman related. DLC only makes it worse.

Superman has a good amount of rouges in it, too, but Batman beats him in stages. (Metropolis and Fortress of Solicitude are matched by Wayne Maynor alone, since they threw in a day and night stage.)

thanks

Estacado
Beetle looks nice!
Hzhp6-Kdxjw

Ridley_Prime
As does Diana. No more man-face WW, yay! Her movie poster shown today also looks nice and colorful.

Nemesis X
Blue Beetle grew on me in Young Justice so I guess I'm glad he's in but I won't pretend him winning the poll and possibly eliminating the chance of Swamp Thing making an appearance doesn't hurt.

Estacado
Injustice 2 comics on the way.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-entertainment-launch-injustice-2-913724

Kazenji
Same writer back.

Ridley_Prime
Nice... Like the 1st Injustice and MKX, I'm sure history will once again repeat itself with the story told in the comics being >>>> the story in the actual game.

Estacado
Hoping Atros will appear.

Adam Grimes
Looks nice

Ridley_Prime
I guess sorta related, but Suicide Squad film material on Injustice mobile app (fun movie, btw).

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/aug/05/suicide-squad-joins-cast-injustice-mobile-app-today/

Estacado
New characters are Harley and Deadshot.

mSpIKf0CdWc

Ridley_Prime
> Implying Harley is new
Do like the hyenas though. Pretty brutal, even for her.

And Deadshot was a given I guess with SS.

Estacado
I kinda like both hyenas look sweet.

Ridley_Prime
Just hope Deadshot doesn't serve as a replacement for Deathstroke. The hate for him/his spam in the first Inj was overrated.

KCJ506
Just hope Deadshot doesn't serve as a replacement for Deathstroke. The hate for him/his spam in the first Inj was overrated.

If Superman and Supergirl can coexist in this game, then so can Deathstroke and Deadshot. Tons of fighting games have multiple firearm characters. Plus Deathstroke uses a sword, a staff and has ninja training.

Now if Red Hood gets confirmed, that's when you can start worrying about Deathstroke not being in. He's a highly requested character and his shtick is pretty much Deathstroke with a dagger.

Ridley_Prime
Red Hood's always dominated in polls and stuff, so I have no doubt he'll be included and with that said, I am a bit worried about Slade. After his shit treatment in Arkham Knight, don't cut him in Inj 2 also. sad

Ridley_Prime
Scratch my last post/earlier worries about Slade. Looks like he's probably not going anywhere; if the timing of Deadshot and Harley's reveal solidified anything, it's that anyone notable with a recent strong media presence will no doubt be in this game...

... Deathstroke reveal for solo Batfleck film.

VYklFZIhyOo

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>