Han Solo vs Luke Skywalker (H2H)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

Edit: Did this ever happen or come close to happening?

Zenwolf
Luke has a pretty big advantage cause...ya know The Force, he's gonna be seeing Han in slow motion if not standing still.

MythLord
It already happened in Dark Empire, Han got dominated by one hand:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/4788352-luke+grasps+han.png

Deronn_solo
God, Dark Empire's artwork is AIDS tier.

Zenwolf
^^ Also that, but they didn't really fight, still regardless, Luke has the advantage anyway.

Edit: Actually Han did throw a punch, but it didn't phase Luke at all and Han is pretty strong himself.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FMEFnNXXFYE/VnUahgox_DI/AAAAAAAT-5c/vCtKgNPeFpk/s1600/26_25.jpg

So clearly he can't beat DE Luke, ROTJ he can't.

ESB? Prob not, ANH def.

The Force is just a too big advantage for Luke.

MythLord
They couldn't fight because Luke was dominating him. This is a massive slaughterhouse in favour of Luke. The only thing stopping him from ending the fight in a milisecond is morals.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/4788352-luke+grasps+han.png Wasn't that his metal hand?

Zenwolf
Nah his robotic hand was cut off, even still look above. Luke tanked Han's punch(who was in a rage, strong enough to break out of a Sentinel's grip and Han himself is pretty strong) with no damage at all.

Jmanghan
There have been tons of Fist Fights between Force Sensitives and Non-Force Sensitive.

Anakin vs Clovis, Pre Viszla vs Maul "somewhat", Pre Viszla vs Obi-Wan "somewhat".

Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett.

All across the EU, Non-Force Sensitives can fight JUST fine against Force Sensitives.

Also, I thought Han was one of the best H2H fighters in the EU.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Nah his robotic hand was cut off, even still look above. Luke tanked Han's punch(who was in a rage, strong enough to break out of a Sentinel's grip and Han himself is pretty strong) with no damage at all.

To be fair, he did punch his shoulder. :/ That doesn't exactly do much.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wasn't that his metal hand?

It isn't. But why would it even matter? His metal hand is something Luke always has in combat, so just discarding it by saying: "Huh, metal hand!" is irrelevant because Luke has the same metal hand in this fight. And a single punch from said hand would make Han's head explode.

MythLord
There have been tons of Fist Fights between Force Sensitives and Non-Force Sensitive.

Anakin vs Clovis, Pre Viszla vs Maul "somewhat", Pre Viszla vs Obi-Wan "somewhat".

Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett.

All across the EU, Non-Force Sensitives can fight JUST fine against Force Sensitives.

Also, I thought Han was one of the best H2H fighters in the EU.

Anakin and Clovis didn't have Anakin using the Force and was TCW PIS, Maul was playing with Viszla, Obi beat Jango, etc... And those are all decent Force sensitives, sure... but this is Luke, y'know the most powerful Jedi ever. He's an slaughter timing Han.

Zenwolf
Anakin wasn't using any of his Force abilities against Clovis, Viszla didn't fight either of the other 2 in strict H2H either.

Obi-Wan vs Jango, the former wasn't even trying to kill but capture, that and Jango had armor to protect him.

Han is one of the best fighters in the SWU, but you're putting him up against Luke Skywalker....with no details as of the fight, what versions and so on.

DE Luke can dominate him just fine.

ROTJ can do it too since he saw Guri( a superhumanly fast droid) in slow motion, so Han is gonna be standing still to Luke or in slow motion.

ESB? I guess Han can take that.

ANH? Han def beats him there.

Zenwolf
To be fair, he did punch his shoulder. :/ That doesn't exactly do much.

The punch didn't even stagger Luke at all, he didn't move an inch from his position from an enraged Han Solo. The hit would have done something, regardless...but it didn't.

Zenwolf
And a single punch from said hand would make Han's head explode.

Eh I wouldn't say a single hit, Han has shown to be pretty durable. (Well depending on what version of Luke were using and if morals are a factor)

The Ellimist
Luke has trained in numerous martial arts (FotJ: Backlash) and can cut through lightsaber resistant Vong armor by augmenting his blows. He could punch straight through Solo if he wanted to.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Luke has trained in numerous martial arts (FotJ: Backlash) and can cut through lightsaber resistant Vong armor by augmenting his blows. He could punch straight through Solo if he wanted to.

As I said, depends on what version were using.

I doubt Luke as of ROTJ would be able to one shot Han in that manner, he'd still win though without effort.

Any Luke DE and over takes it with ease.

The Ellimist
Even RotJ Luke is matching blades with Darth Vader, who can casually lift a grown man with one hand.

Zenwolf
Even RotJ Luke is matching blades with Darth Vader, who can casually lift a grown man with one hand.

Which is blades not fists and Han has shown to be pretty strong and durable, able to take hits from both peak humans and superhumans alike. I'm not sure Han would get one shotted by ROTJ Luke.

quanchi112
Battle of the pathetic. Luke wins. Han was always trash.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
Han was always trash.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Says the guy who clearly knows nothing about Han and is furiously trying to prove Trek is better at war aspects than SW.

The Ellimist
Which is blades not fists

It's the same basic muscle movements, lol. There's no reason to think Luke would be massively weaker than Vader, yet be able to match him and push him back when they clashed.

Not sure what "one shotting" would entail, but Luke at this point has developed his precognition to the point where he can direct focused blaster fire, so yeah, he's obviously not going to have trouble with Han Solo if he takes his gloves off. I think this becomes a lot more one-sided if we look through Luke's feats in the EU from around this time, when he is already capable of moving at blurring speeds and performing other crazy maneuvers.

And as you said, by Dark Empire he just crushes Han's face in with a finger.

Zenwolf
It's the same basic muscle movements, lol. There's no reason to think Luke would be massively weaker than Vader, yet be able to match him and push him back when they clashed.

Not sure what "one shotting" would entail, but Luke at this point has developed his precognition to the point where he can direct focused blaster fire, so yeah, he's obviously not going to have trouble with Han Solo if he takes his gloves off. I think this becomes a lot more one-sided if we look through Luke's feats in the EU from around this time, when he is already capable of moving at blurring speeds and performing other crazy maneuvers.

And as you said, by Dark Empire he just crushes Han's face in with a finger.

Well obviously Luke as of ROTJ wouldn't have any trouble with Han either, but I was meaning one shotting as in like one hit with a fist would take Han out of the fight.

Which I don't think is likely given Han's durability.

quanchi112
roll eyes (sarcastic) Says the guy who clearly knows nothing about Han and is furiously trying to prove Trek is better at war aspects than SW. Han is trash. He isn't some badass and his only truly exceptional talents were that of a pilot not a hand to hand fighter.

Zenwolf
Han is trash. He isn't some badass and his only truly exceptional talents were that of a pilot not a hand to hand fighter.

Piloting is one of his great talents, but if you've read some Han material, he's a pretty great Hand to Hand fighter too.

quanchi112
Piloting is one of his great talents, but if you've read some Han material, he's a pretty great Hand to Hand fighter too. In the films he isn't exceptional at all. He's a guy who can beat up some randoms sure but I wouldn't even give him odds against Kelvin Kirk.

Zenwolf
In the films he isn't exceptional at all. He's a guy who can beat up some randoms sure but I wouldn't even give him odds against Kelvin Kirk.

Well of course obvious film wise he doesn't have any particular hand to hand showings, except for 1 that was mostly off screen.

EU wise though, Han is a fantastic H2H combatant.

quanchi112
Well of course obvious film wise he doesn't have any particular hand to hand showings, except for 1 that was mostly off screen.

EU wise though, Han is a fantastic H2H combatant. You have to realize I don't read the eu.

Zenwolf
You have to realize I don't read the eu.

Yet you continue to post in EU threads?

quanchi112
Yet you continue to post in EU threads? Arguing canon and film versions. smile

Zenwolf
Arguing canon and film versions. smile

But you've posted in threads which have nothing to do with those.

quanchi112
But you've posted in threads which have nothing to do with those. Boredom leads us down very dark roads indeed.

Jmanghan
Anakin and Clovis didn't have Anakin using the Force and was TCW PIS, Maul was playing with Viszla, Obi beat Jango, etc... And those are all decent Force sensitives, sure... but this is Luke, y'know the most powerful Jedi ever. He's an slaughter timing Han. This thread is old, but I wanted to bring up this one point. Anakin did use the force during their fight, not even just augmentation, he straight up force pushed him during the fight.

MythLord
Yeah, later on. During the actual hand-to-hand exchange, Anakin wasn't using Force augmentation because if he was, Clovis would've been a dead pulp on the floor.

And why bump this thread for such a miniscule point, Jmangoham?

Trocity
Luke crushes him with ease, total non-fight.

Darth Thor
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/4788352-luke+grasps+han.png

Luke looks a lot taller than Han there.

Kurk
Shadows of the Empire (basically just after ANH) Luke defeated Guri who was stated to be superior to anyone in H2H combat sans force users. Tbf, he did get his ass kicked before calling upon the force, but Han has no chance against Luke. If not augmented, Han is larger, calloused, and presumably more experienced.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.