John Stewart (GL) vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://img11.deviantart.net/5bab/i/2012/093/6/5/green_lantern_js_by_mystic_oracle-d4uvdga.jpg

vs.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Blue-Marvel.jpg

iceman24567
Blue Marvel smash!

riv6672
Blue Marvel for a solid majority.

CosmicComet
That strong of an opinion for BM eh?

With John's longer breadth of feats due to his respectable length of history, (and I'd argue his highs are much better too), I would give him the majority.

abhilegend
The black guy wins.

ghostman
john stewart wins this with ease. blue marvel just doesnt have the feats to contend.

celeyhyga17
Blue Marvel

riv6672
Originally posted by CosmicComet
That strong of an opinion for BM eh?

With John's longer breadth of feats due to his respectable length of history, (and I'd argue his highs are much better too), I would give him the majority.
I disagree, obviously, though not enough to argue it, but if i did, like abhi pointed out, i'd win. wink

krisblaze
Blue Marvel has the luxury of fewer and more consistent appearances.

John Stewart has higher highs and lower lows, though he always struck me as one of the more consistent GLs.

Tough call.

Stewart should have an absurd advantage in experience. He might take it based on that.

blair85
Originally posted by krisblaze
Stewart should have an absurd advantage in experience. He might take it based on that.

Blue Marvel has been active since the 60s, hasn't he? So he's got edge in terms of experience.

But I still want to say that GL would win this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
The black guy wins.

laughing out loud

Can't disagree here.

riv6672
Originally posted by blair85
Blue Marvel has been active since the 60s, hasn't he? So he's got edge in terms of experience.
I agree, as its part of the character's backstory, and not a retcon, but you'll always get the posters who dismiss anything thats not on panel.

Doesnt change my choosing BM in this battle, though.

krisblaze

But I still want to say that GL would win this.

Active? No

leonidas
i'd take marvel. be interesting to see how john dealt with the anti-matter energy. if we assume bm's antimatter is the same as the dc version of antimatter, that probably wouldn't be good for john. antimatter tends to trump a lot of things in dc. oddly enough, i can't recall off-hand how a gl has fared against antimatter though. maybe someone has a scan to help out?

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Active? No
Winner? Yes

Galan007
Dem lips doh:
https://s32.postimg.org/5xcrjvxzp/Blue_Marvel.jpg

This was all I could think of when I saw that pic:
https://media.giphy.com/media/DUGuQc9uH7F1C/giphy.gif

Given that, BM stomps. thumb up

Delta1938

Unless anything has been changed, Blue Marvel's entire backstory was when his costume was damaged and everybody found out he was black, when the civil rights movement was going on, both sides hated him, so he retired.

Originally posted by leonidas
i'd take marvel. be interesting to see how john dealt with the anti-matter energy. if we assume bm's antimatter is the same as the dc version of antimatter, that probably wouldn't be good for john. antimatter tends to trump a lot of things in dc. oddly enough, i can't recall off-hand how a gl has fared against antimatter though. maybe someone has a scan to help out?

Not sure if it's canon for current John, but his Power Ring protected him and J'onn from anti-matter during COSMIC ODYSSEY. Dunno of other times him, or even any GL, have handled it.

krisblaze

Marvel antimatter isn't like DC antimatter.

From what we've seen of BM and Thor it's powerful, but DC's antimatter is unstoppable. A whole nother magnitude of dangerous.

Not to say that BM's antimatter couldn't hurt Stewart.

Galan007
Originally posted by Delta1938
Not sure if it's canon for current John, but his Power Ring protected him and J'onn from anti-matter during COSMIC ODYSSEY. Dunno of other times him, or even any GL, have handled it. The GL shield that Stewart placed around J'onn shattered almost immediately after the blast commenced. J'onn tanked the bulk of the explosion unaided... And Stewart survived via auto-shields. That said, I just don't think Starlin had a grasp on what anti-matter is within DC cosmology when he wrote that story. It can(and has) destroyed things FAR beyond J'onn and Stewart.

Anyway, we saw how Lanterns and Guardians coped with anti-matter during SCW.

Blue Area Vet
Are you kidding? Blue Marvel stomps.

deathslash
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Are you kidding? Blue Marvel stomps. no he doesn't. He has very impressive showings, but Stewart does have more showings and is one of the more consistent lanterns out there. Honestly, I don't think I could ever see any herald legal character outright stomping on a lantern, let alone John Stewart. It's a good fight and I could honestly see it going either way.

abhilegend
Kilowog survived his planet's destruction in Crisis via auto shields only.

Zack M
Kilowog also absorbed a planets worth of SOULS.

Didn't John Stewart KO the JLA with a blast?

Estacado
Originally posted by abhilegend
Kilowog survived his planet's destruction in Crisis via auto shields only.
Superman would shatter that shit with 1 hit.uhuh

Rao Kal El
Why are you making brother vs brother fight?

Carver will not approve mad

ghostman
seriously, blue marvel doesnt have the feats to contend.

riv6672
People have been using that "hasnt been around long enough/doesnt have feats" as an excuse since BM debuted (2008) but dont apply it to characters who have been around less time than him.

Like all DCnu characters (2011).

big grin

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

So savage. Nice one, riv.

DarkSaint85
Ha. I wager that any one of the big guns - hell, maybe even the entire JLA - would have more appearances than BM.

Only SHAZAM I think has had fewer appearances. Batman has more, Supes, WW, GL, Flash, even Aquaman and Cyborg have more appearances.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
even Aquaman

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gcvkwWbz1qcaee5o1_500.jpg

haermm

carver9
Blue Marvel stomps. Lanterns does not do well against high tier bricks. Blue Marvel 10/10.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel stomps. Lanterns does not do well against high tier bricks. Blue Marvel 10/10.

We don't share feats. Not all Lanterns are the same. Not all high tier bricks are the same. What combat showings does BM have to make you give him such a high rating?

I ask for combat showings, because you are always ignoring non combat showings.

riv6672
Ha. I wager that any one of the big guns - hell, maybe even the entire JLA - would have more appearances than BM.

Only SHAZAM I think has had fewer appearances. Batman has more, Supes, WW, GL, Flash, even Aquaman and Cyborg have more appearances.
So are YOU willing to give me the magic number of appearances, feats/feat appearances, that legitimizes a character?
I've asked before, but never gotten an answer.

Heck, i've even asked that about being a member on MBs, this one included, when posters have said "you havent BEEN here long enough to say what you just did". Never gotten an answer to that one, either. laughing

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
So are YOU willing to give me the magic number of appearances, feats feat appearances, that legitimizes a character?
I've asked before, but never gotten an answer.

Heck, i've even asked that about being a member on MBs, this one included, when posters have said "you havent BEEN here long enough to say what you just did". Never gotten an answer to that one, either. laughing

The exact threshold? Nope. I am unable to do that - but my point remains.

DCnU Batman, WW, Superman, Cyborg, Aquaman et al, all have MORE appearances than BM, despite debuting a good few years after BM. For the purposes of this thread, John also has more appearances than BM.

As it stands, the amount needed is pretty subjective. But just remember Red Hulk as a guide.

When he first appeared, he was smacking things left right and center. Punched a Watcher out etc.

Then, he gathered more appearances, and gradually came down in power.

riv6672
Moot point then.

tkitna
Blue Marvel wins

DarkSaint85
Guess it cancels the point it was made in response to then!

riv6672
No, just re-enforces the BM hypocrisy on the site by certain posters.

CosmicComet
We don't know where BM truly is because he lacks a lot appearances.

And his best feats are not on par with John's right now, partly because John has had a lot more chances to have them.

riv6672
Moot point.

Valid point.

Like i said, there's no appearance magic number.

carver9
We don't share feats. Not all Lanterns are the same. Not all high tier bricks are the same. What combat showings does BM have to make you give him such a high rating?

I ask for combat showings, because you are always ignoring non combat showings.

I'm not sharing fts. Anyone that has a power ring on sucks and that's pre and new dcu.

Do you consider Adam as an elite strength wise?

deathslash
We don't know where BM truly is because he lacks a lot appearances.

And his best feats are not on par with John's right now, partly because John has had a lot more chances to have them. alternatively, his lowest lows aren't as bad as john's.

DarkSaint85
I'm not sharing fts. Anyone that has a power ring on sucks and that's pre and new dcu.

Do you consider Adam as an elite strength wise?

That's not answering my question, just the usual dodging from you.

What combat showings from BM makes you think he gets 10/10?

riv6672
I'm glad i didnt go bold text when you didnt answer MY question. laughing

DarkSaint85
I'm glad i didnt go bold text when you didnt answer MY question. laughing

Oh, that was because I answered it. I said no.

I didn't think it needed highlighting, as I assumed you read my post.

riv6672
Just joking, DS, no worries. Having some fun at board shenanigans. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
thumb up

riv6672
I've made enough appearances here, you should know how low i can go. smile

carver9
That's not answering my question, just the usual dodging from you.

What combat showings from BM makes you think he gets 10/10?

Lol...I did answer your question though. He's fast enough, strong enough, and durable enough to pull the win. Why do I think he is fast enough? He crossed the u.s and went to another country and came back in moments. He is strong enough because he dropped Sentry with his fist along with Hyperion. He's durable enough because he hung with these same people. If you have high tier stats then you will crush a Lantern spleen in no time.

DarkSaint85
Lol...I did answer your question though. He's fast enough, strong enough, and durable enough to pull the win. Why do I think he is fast enough? He crossed the u.s and went to another country and came back in moments. He is strong enough because he dropped Sentry with his fist along with Hyperion. He's durable enough because he hung with these same people. If you have high tier stats then you will crush a Lantern spleen in no time.

You did? Where?

Blue Area Vet
You did? Where?

He's clearly been portrayed as upper echelon, beyond JS level. That's all that matters.

celeyhyga17
Haven't kept up with GL Corps much since Godhead. What has Jon Stewart been up to?

deathslash
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Haven't kept up with GL Corps much since Godhead. What has Jon Stewart been up to? leading the lantern corps IIRC. The guardians tried to assimilate all life in the universe and turn everyone in the universe into an emotionless zombies right?

Zack M
He also took out a New God on his second try. Kinda PIS, but whatever. Guys named was Uggha and he owned like 3 Lanterns his first time.

http://www.greenlantern.co/reviews/glc-37-07.jpg

Galan007
Haven't kept up with GL Corps much since Godhead. What has Jon Stewart been up to? John, Guy, Mogo, and Kilowog...along with a few other noteworthy Lanterns...were presumably KIA during the final issue of Edge of Oblivion.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
John, Guy, Mogo, and Kilowog...along with a few other noteworthy Lanterns...were presumably KIA during the final issue of Edge of Oblivion.
Ah k. If it's gud I'll prolly check it out.
thumb up

Nice Carol Danvers Sig/Avi. Her transformation is complete.

Sin I AM
Give it to Stewart. His feats trump everything that BM has done he's more consistent. BM has really done nothing

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Give it to Stewart. His feats trump everything that BM has done he's more consistent. BM has really done nothing
What has Stewart done? Also how is he more consistent?

quanchi112
Give it to Stewart. His feats trump everything that BM has done he's more consistent. BM has really done nothing laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet

Blue Marvel has done plenty, you people just don't respect the character for what ever reason. Stalemating a team including Sentry, Ironman, Wonderman, Ares and Ms. Marvel is not something John is capable of doing. Sentry alone is an elite herald that is >> John.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Estacado
Superman would shatter that shit with 1 hit.uhuh

So would Wonderwoman who easily shattered the constructs of a lantern with supposedly superior willpower.

celeyhyga17
Blue Marvel has done plenty, you people just don't respect the character for what ever reason. Stalemating a team including Sentry, Ironman, Wonderman, Ares and Ms. Marvel is not something John is capable of doing. Sentry alone is an elite herald that is >> John.
Actually, he eventually lost to them. Not saying it wasn't impressive how long he lasted against such a powerhouse team, but he got KO'd in the end.

ghostman
What has Stewart done? Also how is he more consistent?

holding off an entire planet of black lanterns, stunning parallax, harming fernus, temporally disabling superman, holding off a kryptonian, recreating a solar system and having his will exceed the rings capabilities , holding the earth together, surviving a supernova taking down the jla, tanking the explosion of a planet.........

he wins.

Blue Area Vet
Actually, he eventually lost to them. Not saying it wasn't impressive how long he lasted against such a powerhouse team, but he got KO'd in the end.

Yes, I know but that was hardly the point. Until the suckered dive bomb from space by a fellow elite herald while BM was trying to talk to the others, he fought them evenly at worse.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ghostman
holding off an entire planet of black lanterns, stunning parallax, harming fernus, temporally disabling superman, holding off a kryptonian, recreating a solar system and having his will exceed the rings capabilities , holding the earth together, surviving a supernova taking down the jla, tanking the explosion of a planet.........

he wins.

So pretty much non combat showings. Has he punched a Superman level character into space? Has he KOed a team buster and stood over him? Has he defeated a character that physically took it to Thor? There is no comparison whatsoever, Brashears is on another level. JS isn't even the top Lantern and that guy has been getting punked by Superman for decades. Stewart is two notches below Blue Marvel.

-K-M-
Yes, I know but that was hardly the point. Until the suckered dive bomb from space by a fellow elite herald while BM was trying to talk to the others, he fought them evenly at worse.

Naaaaaa he was getting worked most of the fight. At the start each member were taking shots on him and he was doing nothing and was even bleeding from their attacks. Then sentry arrived they exchanged a few punches and sentry put him to the ground and then stopped and tried to talk to him. When his guard was down BM sent him into orbit and then he briefly held of wonder man, ares and iron man before the dive bomb. Teenage namor fought the same team and did better actually

Also to note it's implied sentry was weakened during the fight. As negative energy was entering into earth and that's what weakens him which explains why he was so drained from the dive bomb

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by -K-M-
Naaaaaa he was getting worked most of the fight. At the start each member were taking shots on him and he was doing nothing and was even bleeding from their attacks. Then sentry arrived they exchanged a few punches and sentry put him to the ground and then stopped and tried to talk to him. When his guard was down BM sent him into orbit and then he briefly held of wonder man, ares and iron man before the dive bomb. Teenage namor fought the same team and did better actually

Also to note it's implied sentry was weakened during the fight. As negative energy was entering into earth and that's what weakens him which explains why he was so drained from the dive bomb

thumb up

Even though for anyone who knows the Sentry would know anything to do with the Negative Zone affects him. I also asked Kevin Grievoux for his clarification and he told me he intended for that to happen.

-K-M-
Do you have Kevin's response?

ghostman
So pretty much non combat showings. Has he punched a Superman level character into space? Has he KOed a team buster and stood over him? Has he defeated a character that physically took it to Thor? There is no comparison whatsoever, Brashears is on another level.

ummm stunning parallax and hurting fernus arent combat showings? taking down the jla arent combat showings??? now i see why people make fun of you on this site. you dont get to ignore showings and use what you feel is right. johns has better showings then marvel, deal with it. hes not hurting parallax or fernus like john is

One_Angry_Scot
Do you have Kevin's response?

Here you go mate.

http://i.imgur.com/EiWaMa7.png

celeyhyga17

Don't think he was getting "worked most of the fight". Looked like he had his kid gloves on early then started to push his weight around later. That's when Sentry came in for the outer space nosedive.

I know we've been through this b4 but when did teen Namor fight the same team?

Also it was never implied in the story that Sentry was weakened. That was a theory from Scott which came from one of Sentry's visits to the negative zone iirc.

One_Angry_Scot
Don't think he was getting "worked most of the fight". Looked like he had his kid gloves on early then started to push his weight around later. That's when Sentry came in for the outer space nosedive.

Also it was never implied in the story that Sentry was weakened. That was a theory from Scott which came from one of Sentry's visits to the negative zone iirc.

It wasn't a theory, Everybody who knows of the Sentry should know the Negative Zone affects him. I even asked Kevin Grievoux and he told me he implied that it was to screw with his powers. Which differs from what Jenkins wanted for the Negative Zone to do.

To deny something like that is to deny a part of Sentry's canon.

-K-M-

I disagree. He had no answer and was not getting the better of them. Majority of the fight he was on the defensive

Teenage namor fought ares, sentry, wonder man and iron man in the avengers/invaders crossover. Only ms.marvel was missing, but really she only landed the one shot and wasn't in the rest of the right

And now confirmed as shown in the tweets from the writer. Him being so drained from the dive bomb was an indicator

-K-M-
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Here you go mate.

http://i.imgur.com/EiWaMa7.png

Good stuff

Thanks

celeyhyga17
It wasn't a theory, Everybody who knows of the Sentry should know the Negative Zone affects him. I even asked Kevin Grievoux and he told me he implied that it was to screw with his powers. Which differs from what Jenkins wanted for the Negative Zone to do.

To deny something like that is to deny a part of Sentry's canon.
Yes. He gets affected when he enters the negative zone. But in the BM story, he never exhibited any such weaknesses and they never even hinted on it. In reality in Sentry's own book, it was never explained why the negative zone affects him.
Hence why I said it was a theory of yours regarding his domination by the hands of Anti-Man.
Asking Kevin through twitter is ok and all, but that's hardly proof. For one, your question alone led him to an answer which in fact isn't even concrete at least imo. Second, it wasn't even an official interview. He probably never even knew about Sentry's visit into the neg zone.

One_Angry_Scot
Yes. He gets affected when he enters the negative zone. But in the BM story, he never exhibited any such weaknesses and they never even hinted on it. In reality in Sentry's own book, it was never explained why the negative zone affects him.
Hence why I said it was a theory of yours regarding his domination by the hands of Anti-Man.
Asking Kevin through twitter is ok and all, but that's hardly proof. For one, your question alone led him to an answer which in fact isn't even concrete at least imo. Second, it wasn't even an official interview. He probably never even knew about Sentry's visit into the neg zone.

The thing is I didn't need to even get an answer or need to use the thing from Grievoux as evidence. It just helps emphasise a point that should be known.

Before I PM'd the author I knew this and contacting him didn't add anything different.

And need I mention Tony saying the Negative Zone was spilling into the Earth because of Anti-Man making an appearance. But I shouldn't have to because we all should know this.

You can't just deny a piece of canon. Interesting how you say it isn't concrete when he actually told me what he intended. If Sentry's powers are being messed about with then he will be greatly diminished and unable to perform at his best. Much like he was inside the Negative Zone. Where he went from being on Earth and beating the Void to a pulp and chucking him into the Sun to barely being able to fight back the hordes in the Negative Zone.

If he didn't even know about Sentry's weakness to the Negative Zone he'd be a pretty dumb writer. Never claimed it to be an official interview either. Your next defence is to say because it was never hinted at that it can't be true.

The writers aren't teachers telling us babies how to read and write and use our 5 senses. Sometimes things are subtle and left for us to see for ourselves. Bendis once said in SIEGE that Robert only died because he wanted to, but he didn't want to put a line in where Spider-Man says "Gee, if he didn't want to die we couldn't have killed him". It's quite obvious to everyone in that case. I don't see how it's any different. Not everything is going to be shown for you in big bold writing.

And also why would it matter as to why the Negative Zone affects him? That's another subject. Surely the question is how. Which we know and has been answered even though we didn't need one.

riv6672
Hmm.

celeyhyga17
The thing is I didn't need to even get an answer or need to use the thing from Grievoux as evidence. It just helps emphasise a point that should be known.

Before I PM'd the author I knew this and contacting him didn't add anything different.

And need I mention Tony saying the Negative Zone was spilling into the Earth because of Anti-Man making an appearance. But I shouldn't have to because we all should know this.

You can't just deny a piece of canon. Interesting how you say it isn't concrete when he actually told me what he intended. If Sentry's powers are being messed about with then he will be greatly diminished and unable to perform at his best. Much like he was inside the Negative Zone. Where he went from being on Earth and beating the Void to a pulp and chucking him into the Sun to barely being able to fight back the hordes in the Negative Zone.

If he didn't even know about Sentry's weakness to the Negative Zone he'd be a pretty dumb writer. Never claimed it to be an official interview either. Your next defence is to say because it was never hinted at that it can't be true.

The writers aren't teachers telling us babies how to read and write and use our 5 senses. Sometimes things are subtle and left for us to see for ourselves. Bendis once said in SIEGE that Robert only died because he wanted to, but he didn't want to put a line in where Spider-Man says "Gee, if he didn't want to die we couldn't have killed him". It's quite obvious to everyone in that case. I don't see how it's any different. Not everything is going to be shown for you in big bold writing.

And also why would it matter as to why the Negative Zone affects him? That's another subject. Surely the question is how. Which we know and has been answered even though we didn't need one.
You tweeted him on twitter. Obviously u felt the need to justify your stance.

"Sentry has a known weakness to the Negative Zone. Did you mean for that to play a part in this battle with it leaking?"

Now if you had asked him in a more neutral way, I might lean towards to your idea that he was weakened.

And this thing about what he "intended". You basically asked him a loaded question. His answer seemed political enough. It didn't step on anyone's toes, but wasn't quite the smoking gun reply you tried to lead him to. Heck in his answer to you he couldn't even bring himself to say that Sentry was weakened.

Not saying he's dumb, but it's common for writers to not do their homework when it comes to characters they did not create.

Concerning the Negative Zone, it has caused emotional and psychological distress on more than one occasion for characters who have ventured forth in it. There are examples of the Zone itself affecting individuals in a more metaphysical way. And we have here a character who is first and foremost governed by his mental state. That is why I can't fully subscribe to the idea that anti-matter energies is a source of weakness for Sentry a la Kryptonite. I've never seen it explained that way.

One_Angry_Scot
You tweeted him on twitter. Obviously u felt the need to justify your stance.

"Sentry has a known weakness to the Negative Zone. Did you mean for that to play a part in this battle with it leaking?"

Now if you had asked him in a more neutral way, I might lean towards to your idea that he was weakened.

And this thing about what he "intended". You basically asked him a loaded question. His answer seemed political enough. It didn't step on anyone's toes, but wasn't quite the smoking gun reply you tried to lead him to. Heck in his answer to you he couldn't even being himself to say that Sentry was weakened.

Not saying he's dumb, but it's common for writers to not do their homework when it comes to characters they did not create.

Concerning the Negative Zone, it has caused emotional and psychological distress on more than one occasion for characters who have ventured forth in it. And we have here a character who us first and foremost governed by his mental state. That is why I can't fully subscribe to the idea that anti-matter energies is a source of weakness for Sentry a la Kryptonite. I've never seen it explained that way.

I didn't feel the need to justify it as like I said I already knew it (at least in my opinion). It was mainly for others to see just in the event that they disagree with me so you have an "official" word so to speak. It doesn't bother me much whether he replied or not.

Here is something else I could show you.

http://i.imgur.com/NjWY5VE.jpg

And this.

http://i.imgur.com/wRSYSc5.jpg1

It wasn't a loaded question, I said as Sentry has a weakness to the Negative Zone, did you intend that to play a part in the battle. He answered honestly in my opinion. I didn't lead him to anything. You keep putting these labels on me that I "obviously wanted to justify my stance" and that I "was leading him to an answer" but I wasn't. As I said before some things are just obvious to all.

celeyhyga17
K.. Here are some facts.

He's only been shown to get weakened in the Negative Zone.

Grevioux never intended for the anti-matter energies leaking to weaken him.

Just my take on it. Agree to disagree.

One_Angry_Scot
K.. Here are some facts.

And in the Blue Marvel fight Anti-Man was causing the Negative Zone to leak into the outside world.

You have no proof of that either.

But I'll agree to disagree like you said.

-K-M-
K.. Here are some facts.

They actually said the negative zone spefically was the cause just before sentry did the dive bomb and was drained for some reason

http://oi60.tinypic.com/20juas.jpg

riv6672
This is all very interesting, but John GL isnt on a strength/durabilty level with Sentry.
Sentry isnt fighting BM here anyway.
So really, it matters not.

celeyhyga17
They actually said the negative zone spefically was the cause just before sentry did the dive bomb and was drained for some reason

http://oi60.tinypic.com/20juas.jpg
Are u kidding me? Cause of what?

-K-M-
Are u kidding me? Cause of what?

Considering that's what it says. No. No I'm not

"These anti-matter storms are getting worse as the negative zone aperture grows wider"

What's the negative zone made mostly of? Anti-matter

celeyhyga17
Considering that's what it says. No. No I'm not

"These anti-matter storms are getting worse as the negative zone aperture grows wider"

What's the negative zone made mostly of? Anti-matter
Again.. Where is it stated that antimatter is weakening Sentry?

-K-M-

Think you misinterept my reply (or maybe I misunderstood yours) I originally said "They actually said the negative zone spefically was the cause just before sentry did the dive bomb and was drained for some reason" as in the negative zone was the cause of the anti-matter leaking into earth

celeyhyga17
Think you misinterept my reply I originally said "They actually said the negative zone spefically was the cause just before sentry did the dive bomb and was drained for some reason" as in the negative zone was the cause of the anti-matter leaking into earth
Wait so why did u quote me in the first place? You seemed to imply that you have proof of antimatter energies weakening Sentry, when all you were saying is that "as in the negative zone was the cause of the anti-matter leaking into earth(whatever that means).

Also when did Namor face off against a similar team? I seem to recall it was a team battle and not at all similar to BM facing off against the Avengers. Can you clarify that?

-K-M-
Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thoght you said the anti-matter wasn't connected to the negative zone. That was my mistake

It was avengers/invaders crossover. Give me a bit ill get the scans

Edit:

WW2 Namor vs. Sentry, Iron Man, Ares and Wonder Man
1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-006_zps9e0c7783.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-007_zps7ddcbc32.jpg
3. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-008_zpsd371d25a.jpg
4. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-009_zps6d441b7d.jpg
5. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-011_zps2b9c88f6.jpg
6. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-012_zpsc998acb6.jpg
7. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-013_zps54b50b60.jpg
8. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-014_zps07213c29.jpg

Namor was fighting them one on one too just as BM was doing for most of the fight (they took turns attacking BM).

he was using Wonderman as a baseball bat, smacked sentry around and caught a blood thirsty Ares axe throw (from behind mind you) and then got it stuck in iron man's chest. He did far more offensive damage then BM did

One_Angry_Scot
Always amusing seeing Simon used as a baseball bat.

celeyhyga17
Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thoght you said the anti-matter wasn't connected to the negative zone. That was my mistake

It was avengers/invaders crossover. Give me a bit ill get the scans

Edit:

WW2 Namor vs. Sentry, Iron Man, Ares and Wonder Man
1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-006_zps9e0c7783.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-007_zps7ddcbc32.jpg
3. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-008_zpsd371d25a.jpg
4. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-009_zps6d441b7d.jpg
5. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-011_zps2b9c88f6.jpg
6. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-012_zpsc998acb6.jpg
7. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-013_zps54b50b60.jpg
8. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AvengersInvanders-014_zps07213c29.jpg

Namor was fighting them one on one too just as BM was doing for most of the fight (they took turns attacking BM).

he was using Wonderman as a baseball bat, smacked sentry around and caught a blood thirsty Ares axe throw (from behind mind you) and then got it stuck in iron man's chest. He did far more offensive damage then BM did
Come on KM.. You really don't think that's comparable do you? It was a team battle.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/kdr8sn.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/5pkh01.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/13yqk50.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/33p53k5.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/34t98x1.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/aajevs.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/211rrlj.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2my5eol.jpg

-K-M-
I don't...I think ww2 was much better and more impressive. Notice the avengers were attacking BM one at a time and were making him groan in pain or making him bleed and he didn't do much to react. They didn't all attack at once. Then he fought sentry and they traded a few punches until sentry had him down and he tried to talk to him and put his guard down and got hit into space. Then ares, wonder man and iron man tried to restrain him but he ended up punching iron man twice before sentry arrived and took him out. Which I know you don't like it but highly likely sentry was weakened as his powers were "screwing up"

Not once was namor in the trouble BM was. He was fighting them one on one mostly as BM was doing and sometimes 2 on one (ares And wonder man) and still getting the better of both. They literally took turns attacking BM almost like they formed a line and each got their shots in. Namor was doing the same but was taking it to them

Sin I AM
No sure y those scenes are even a discussion. It waa still a good feat just nor something that can't b replicated

Blue Area Vet

It doesn't, bro. This is just Abby speak, insisting something is there that actually isn't.

One_Angry_Scot
It doesn't, bro. This is just Abby speak, insisting something is there that actually isn't.

At least Celey is actually debating with us. You are just making random insults for no reason.

riv6672
Then we're agreed?
Useless tangent is useless because none of this applies to GL John. laughing

-K-M-
No sure y those scenes are even a discussion. It waa still a good feat just nor something that can't b replicated

Pretty much. Impressive he hung with the team like he did. But hardly a be all be all feat some try to make it out to be

leonidas
I don't...I think ww2 was much better and more impressive. Notice the avengers were attacking BM one at a time and were making him groan in pain or making him bleed and he didn't do much to react. They didn't all attack at once. Then he fought sentry and they traded a few punches until sentry had him down and he tried to talk to him and put his guard down and got hit into space. Then ares, wonder man and iron man tried to restrain him but he ended up punching iron man twice before sentry arrived and took him out. Which I know you don't like it but highly likely sentry was weakened as his powers were "screwing up"

Not once was namor in the trouble BM was. He was fighting them one on one mostly as BM was doing and sometimes 2 on one (ares And wonder man) and still getting the better of both. They literally took turns attacking BM almost like they formed a line and each got their shots in. Namor was doing the same but was taking it to them

that's pretty much my take on it too.... /shrug

i still think it would come down to how john could handle the antimatter. from scw it doesn't seem gl's deal well with it. in dc most things don't though. he's got the strength to be a problem with that alone. combined, i'd take bm most of the time i think.

Blue Area Vet

What's the point of you talking about the Namor fight? Namor is of a different mentally than Brashears. Namor is constantly fight heroes and is an antihero himself. Brashears doesn't fight heroes and he was clearly not even close trying to hurt or kill them. He didn't treat theme like he did King Hyperion or even Antiman. Those showing should not be discredited so people can feel good about JS chances. His chances are zero.

celeyhyga17

Km. It was a team battle. There is no way in hell this stacks up to BM's Avengers fight. It just doesn't. Namor had the benefit of teammates fighting along side him while the Avengers were solely focused on one opponent.
He was being attacked in rapid succession while Namor's teammates were occupying the other members throughout the battle. Heck you even said IM, WM, and Ares tried restraining him at one point showing that they did attack him in unison.

And you claiming Namor not being in trouble is irrelevant. Why? Maybe beause he never fought them alone and ran off when they were about to?

Plus he spent half the time trying to explain to the Avengers they were wasting time. He only took the kid gloves off when he engaged Sentry eventually punting him to space. Then he seemed to dominate them briefly before Sentry divebombed. These two battles are not at all comparable let alone thinking the team battle was more impressive for Namor.

Sin I AM
that's pretty much my take on it too.... /shrug

i still think it would come down to how john could handle the antimatter. from scw it doesn't seem gl's deal well with it. in dc most things don't though. he's got the strength to be a problem with that alone. combined, i'd take bm most of the time i think.

BM is cool and all. My problem is the assumption people make on his rankings bases on relatively few showings. It's like he's superman class "just because ". I don't buy that line of thinking. You need more than a couple of scenes to compare to guys with extensive histories like John

riv6672
Pretty much. Impressive he hung with the team like he did. But hardly a be all be all feat some try to make it out to be
By the same token, GL John isnt bringing ANYwhere near the power of that team to this fight, no matter how powerful some try to make him out to be. smile

-K-M-
What's the point of you talking about the Namor fight? Namor is of a different mentally than Brashears. Namor is constantly fight heroes and is an antihero himself. Brashears doesn't fight heroes and he was clearly not even close trying to hurt or kill them. He didn't treat theme like he did King Hyperion or even Antiman. Those showing should not be discredited so people can feel good about JS chances. His chances are zero.

Actually that was namor from WW2 who at the time was a hero on the Invaders. Yes king Hyperion is a serious legit win. There was additional context with anti-man though. Also not sure if you knew or not but BM actually fought adult namor prior to his retirement and apparently was a close fight. BM even said he won from a lucky shot which namor agreed with

I'm not actually even arguing JS or this fight just discussing the avengers/BM fight

-K-M-
Km. It was a team battle. There is no way in hell this stacks up to BM's Avengers fight. It just doesn't. Namor had the benefit of teammates fighting along side him while the Avengers were solely focused on one opponent.
He was being attacked in rapid succession while Namor's teammates were occupying the other members throughout the battle. Heck you even said IM, WM, and Ares tried restraining him at one point showing that they did attack him in unison.

And you claiming Namor not being in trouble is irrelevant. Why? Maybe beause he never fought them alone and ran off when they were about to?

Plus he spent half the time trying to explain to the Avengers they were wasting time. He only took the kid gloves off when he engaged Sentry eventually punting him to space. Then he seemed to dominate them briefly before Sentry divebombed. These two battles are not at all comparable let alone thinking the team battle was more impressive for Namor.

Think we need to agree to disagree. Others seem to be siding with my view of the fights, but in the end it's moot to this actual battle

-K-M-
By the same token, GL John isnt bringing ANYwhere near the power of that team to this fight, no matter how powerful some try to make him out to be. smile

Never said that. Or even referenced John once

celeyhyga17
Think we need to agree to disagree. Others seem to be siding with my view of the fights, but in the end it's moot to this actual battle
Then they're wrong too.
stick out tongue

Actually that was namor from WW2 who at the time was a hero on the Invaders. Yes king Hyperion is a serious legit win. There was additional context with anti-man though. Also not sure if you knew or not but BM actually fought adult namor prior to his retirement and apparently was a close fight. BM even said he won from a lucky shot which namor agreed with

I'm not actually even arguing JS or this fight just discussing the avengers/BM fight
We really don't know how the fight went or if it can be considered one. What we do know for sure is that Namor compared BM to two of the strongest heroes in MU(Hulk & Thor).

-K-M-
We really don't know how the fight went or if it can be considered one. What we do know for sure is that Namor compared BM to two of the strongest heroes in MU(Hulk & Thor).

Considering we saw panels of them fighting with intense looks on their faces...yeah, we can. He did and namor has clashed with them in the past too. So not sure why it's bad if BM is comparable to namor

riv6672
Never said that. Or even referenced John once
I know, which is why i did it, since its John that matters here.
Y'welcome.thumb up

celeyhyga17
Considering we saw panels of them fighting with intense looks on their faces...yeah, we can. He did and namor has clashed with them in the past too. So not sure why it's bad if BM is comparable to namor
It's not. Namor is a high tier strong man, but I do think BM is on another level.

Blue Area Vet
BM is cool and all. My problem is the assumption people make on his rankings bases on relatively few showings. It's like he's superman class "just because ". I don't buy that line of thinking. You need more than a couple of scenes to compare to guys with extensive histories like John

What do you mean "just because?" What are we making up? Since the beginning, he has been depicted as top tier. He just doesn't have much on panel history as he was created in resent years, much like Sentry.

Blue Area Vet

He's not, he's ABOVE Namor and that's not in question. His words were a nod to Namor back when Marvel gave a shit about Namor. The biggest point here is that he BEAT Namor one on one, something a herald can do. Plus, as shown with his fight against King Hyperion, he is very reluctant to utilize high power at a hight level.

Sin I AM
What do you mean "just because?" What are we making up? Since the beginning, he has been depicted as top tier. He just doesn't have much on panel history as he was created in resent years, much like Sentry.

I saying a character isn't automatically in a particular tier just because they have a certain powerset. We don't assume all telepathy are the same so y do flying bricks get a pass.

riv6672
^^^aaaactually there are threads with page upon page of arguing exactly because posters here will claim all telepathy is the same.

But yeah, BM is what his supporters say he is.

And all DCnu characters. smile

Sin I AM
^^^aaaactually there are threads with page upon page of arguing exactly because posters here will claim all telepathy is the same.

No not really. Anyone who would argue that a low level tp like Elektra is on the same level as Martian Manhunter is trolling or never read a comic book in their life. Until BM gets more showings he is nowhere near the level of elite heralds let alone Superman.

riv6672
No not really. Anyone who would argue that a low level tp like Elektra is on the same level as Martian Manhunter is trolling or never read a comic book in their life.
Yeah, hence the arguments!

Until BM gets more showings he is nowhere near the level of elite heralds let alone Superman.
Superman's only been around since 2011. He needs more seasoning before he's Pre DCnu Superman level.

Sin I AM

Superman's only been around since 2011. He needs more seasoning before he's Pre DCnu Superman level.

Based on what exactly? He has had an extremely impressive run

carver9

thumb up

riv6672
Based on what exactly?
Based on thats the logic a few posters here have used against BM (not for the first time).
Mind you, it doesnt seem to apply to anyone but him, so i'm applying it to others. stick out tongue

Stoic
I'd give Adam a 90% chance of successfully punching through John's constructs. I'd give him a 100% chance of KO-ing him with a punch to the jaw. Adam is just the kind of character that most GL's don't want to have a 1 on 1 run in with.

Blue Area Vet

laughing out loud

I literally came to the computer to say that the two reasons that explain why so many posters have this battle wrong is a) some don't respect characters that are retroactively inserted into continuity until later and b) some can't conceive of a given Marvel character outclassing a D.C. character in power unless they are several tiers apart.

Blue Area Vet
I saying a character isn't automatically in a particular tier just because they have a certain powerset. We don't assume all telepathy are the same so y do flying bricks get a pass.

He's not automatically anything. You've used the word twice, but else here has said that?

Blue Area Vet

But Namor himself compared BM's blows to Hulk and Thor. Not Wonderman or Ms. Marvel.

Sin I AM
Based on thats the logic a few posters here have used against BM (not for the first time).
Mind you, it doesnt seem to apply to anyone but him, so i'm applying it to others. stick out tongue

Oh so you are trolling. Got it.

riv6672
laughing out loud

I literally came to the computer to say that the two reasons that explain why so many posters have this battle wrong is a) some don't respect characters that are retroactively inserted into continuity until later and b) some can't conceive of a given Marvel character outclassing a D.C. character in power unless they are several tiers apart.
Thats a pretty dead observation.

Blue Area Vet
Based on what exactly? He has had an extremely impressive run

So has Blue Marvel in that time frame. I don't know why it's so hard to accept how he has been portrayed, that is, if you are familiar with his appearance. Everything from his fights to his power set showings to how he is described by others in comics says he is top tier. Every time there's a BM post, those that are actually familiar with the character have to cite his showings from the beginning because other act like they've never heard of him until now.

Sin I AM
He's not automatically anything. You've used the word twice, but else here has said that?

I asked a question and reiterated it with a statement. Based on feats John is greater. The problem isnt that BM was retconned into existence a la Sentry. The problem is he hasnt done much to suggest he's at that level.

riv6672
Oh so you are trolling. Got it.
Yeah, THATS the logic people here use when others say the same things they do.
Thank you.

Sin I AM
So has Blue Marvel in that time frame. I don't know why it's so hard to accept how he has been portrayed, that is, if you are familiar with his appearance. Everything from his fights to his power set showings to how he is described by others in comics says he is top tier. Every time there's a BM post, those that are actually familiar with the character have to cite his showings from the beginning because other act like they've never heard of him until now.

Noones questioning his showings. The problem is his limited appearances. Hes fought KH, a toenail of Shuma, Sentry and an Avengers squad. That's it. It gets recited ad nauseum but anyone familiar with him knows it aint much. Whats being used is hyperbole in place of actual on panel feats to place him on equal footing with established characters.

CosmicComet
Right now BM is part of the Ultimates...and he's not even the most powerful member. Carol is. :/

And Carol hasn't really done anything to make me think she could beat a certified bad ass and well tested top tier like Stewart.

celeyhyga17
Carol is the most powerful?

-K-M-
That's what it said in the issue but I don't believe it. But just a throw away line

CosmicComet
It's not a throwaway line.

She has a vagina.

celeyhyga17
I was being facetious.
Then again there's her binary form.

Blue Area Vet

Blue Area Vet
Looks like the edit button is malfunctioning

Blue Area Vet
Noones questioning his showings. The problem is his limited appearances. Hes fought KH, a toenail of Shuma, Sentry and an Avengers squad. That's it. It gets recited ad nauseum but anyone familiar with him knows it aint much. Whats being used is hyperbole in place of actual on panel feats to place him on equal footing with established characters.

You act like he's applying for a job and has to have the most impressive resume. That's not what this is. This is handicapping how a battle would go between the two and determining a winner. The "few" things that BM has done since his inception, JS hasn't done in his decades long existence and you can't simple ignore that. Well, I guess you can. You also should consider where each character fits in their respective universe's power tiers. If you can't do that, then you might as well not vote on battle threads of characters from separate universes that have never met.

Blue Area Vet
It's not a throwaway line.

She has a vagina.

Did she have a vagina here?

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11112/111127887/4716661-tumblr_ngdlw6001s1skzooso2_1280.jpg

The man in the middle of the pic is the most powerful.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/comics/images/9/96/The_Ultimates_2015_1.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20151112140217

riv6672
You act like he's applying for a job and has to have the most impressive resume. That's not what this is. This is handicapping how a battle would go between the two and determining a winner. The "few" things that BM has done since his inception, JS hasn't done in his decades long existence and you can't simple ignore that. Well, I guess you can. You also should consider where each character fits in their respective universe's power tiers. If you can't do that, then you might as well not vote on battle threads of characters from separate universes that have never met.
^^^Oh that is my new wallpaper!!!! jump

Blue Area Vet
^^^Oh that is my new wallpaper!!!! jump

For some people it still comes down to a popularity contest. Well, a lot of people.

CosmicComet
Did she have a vagina here?

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11112/111127887/4716661-tumblr_ngdlw6001s1skzooso2_1280.jpg

That was before she got the breast reduction surgery to become a full on bull dyke.

That's the visual that marks her push being started.

riv6672
That was before she got the breast reduction surgery to become a full on bull dyke.

Full on bull dyke. You are indeed a master debater. laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet

Well she didn't get a power up in comics.

Sin I AM

You missed the point in it's entirety. We debate based off character portrayals and on panel feats not hyperbole and powerset. Blue Marvel fought the Avengers like what six or seven years ago, yet u want to discard Johns feats. I get it, you're cheerleading for your boy. But based on what's been shown he's not beating John. But meh I grow tired of this debate until he's done something worthwhile or gets a good run he's not an elite.

Blue Area Vet
Full on bull dyke. You are indeed a master debater. laughing out loud

Rhodey liked it. Knowing Bendis, ten years from now he'll create a story where Carol had a half breed baby that she stored in another universe. Cable will bring the ten year old hermaphrodite back to the 616 and the coming Marvel's most powerful character ever will break the internet.

celeyhyga17
You missed the point in it's entirety. We debate based off character portrayals and on panel feats not hyperbole and powerset. Blue Marvel fought the Avengers like what six or seven years ago, yet u want to discard Johns feats. I get it, you're cheerleading for your boy. But based on what's been shown he's not beating John. But meh I grow tired of this debate until he's done something worthwhile or gets a good run he's not an elite.
What are his feats?

Blue Area Vet

No, you really don't get it. I'm hardly cheerleading, I'm giving you on panel feats and you've been ignoring them. You finally acknowledged one, but immediately dismissed it due to being 6-7 years old, which is nonsense. That's wasn't exactly a showing from the 1960's. Also, I haven't debated power sets. Find where I said anything about JS's power ring vs. Blue Marvel's antimatter generation and manipulation. No, I've simple said BM is of a high power TIER based on depictions. That means in terms of how he stacks up with peers. He is CLEARLY in the upper echelon of herald level characters if not slightly beyond. The same is not true of JS and you know it. Call me when he can match up successfully with even Wonderwoman. Hal doesn't look like he stacks up with her. When you write back, don't avoid talking about how he isn't even the top GL much less a high herald.

Blue Area Vet
What are his feats?

Better yet, what's his record vs. heralds?

riv6672
Rhodey liked it. Knowing Bendis, ten years from now he'll create a story where Carol had a half breed baby that she stored in another universe. Cable will bring the ten year old hermaphrodite back to the 616 and the coming Marvel's most powerful character ever will break the internet.
sick think i'm done with this one! laughing

Mindship
Blue Marvel. John Stewart is my favorite GL, but I'm giving this to Big Blue, er, Big Marvel? erm

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
Big Blue, er, Big Marvel? erm
Big Blue Marvel!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>