KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » John Stewart (GL) vs Blue Marvel

John Stewart (GL) vs Blue Marvel
Started by: CosmicComet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

John Stewart (GL) vs Blue Marvel

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 01:43 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Blue Marvel smash!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 03:00 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Blue Marvel for a solid majority.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 05:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

That strong of an opinion for BM eh?

With John's longer breadth of feats due to his respectable length of history, (and I'd argue his highs are much better too), I would give him the majority.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 05:48 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The black guy wins.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 06:00 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

john stewart wins this with ease. blue marvel just doesnt have the feats to contend.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 06:36 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Blue Marvel

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 06:37 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
That strong of an opinion for BM eh?

With John's longer breadth of feats due to his respectable length of history, (and I'd argue his highs are much better too), I would give him the majority.

I disagree, obviously, though not enough to argue it, but if i did, like abhi pointed out, i'd win. wink

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 11:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Blue Marvel has the luxury of fewer and more consistent appearances.

John Stewart has higher highs and lower lows, though he always struck me as one of the more consistent GLs.

Tough call.

Stewart should have an absurd advantage in experience. He might take it based on that.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 12:21 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blair85

Originally posted by krisblaze
Stewart should have an absurd advantage in experience. He might take it based on that.

Blue Marvel has been active since the 60s, hasn't he? So he's got edge in terms of experience.

But I still want to say that GL would win this.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 12:42 PM
blair85 is currently offline Click here to Send blair85 a Private Message Find more posts by blair85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by abhilegend
The black guy wins.

laughing out loud

Can't disagree here.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 12:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by blair85
Blue Marvel has been active since the 60s, hasn't he? So he's got edge in terms of experience.

I agree, as its part of the character's backstory, and not a retcon, but you'll always get the posters who dismiss anything thats not on panel.

Doesnt change my choosing BM in this battle, though.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 01:20 PM
krisblaze

But I still want to say that GL would win this.

Active? No

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 01:53 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd take marvel. be interesting to see how john dealt with the anti-matter energy. if we assume bm's antimatter is the same as the dc version of antimatter, that probably wouldn't be good for john. antimatter tends to trump a lot of things in dc. oddly enough, i can't recall off-hand how a gl has fared against antimatter though. maybe someone has a scan to help out?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by krisblaze
Active? No

Winner? Yes

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dem lips doh:

This was all I could think of when I saw that pic:

Given that, BM stomps. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Unless anything has been changed, Blue Marvel's entire backstory was when his costume was damaged and everybody found out he was black, when the civil rights movement was going on, both sides hated him, so he retired.

Originally posted by leonidas
i'd take marvel. be interesting to see how john dealt with the anti-matter energy. if we assume bm's antimatter is the same as the dc version of antimatter, that probably wouldn't be good for john. antimatter tends to trump a lot of things in dc. oddly enough, i can't recall off-hand how a gl has fared against antimatter though. maybe someone has a scan to help out?

Not sure if it's canon for current John, but his Power Ring protected him and J'onn from anti-matter during COSMIC ODYSSEY. Dunno of other times him, or even any GL, have handled it.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:41 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by leonidas

Marvel antimatter isn't like DC antimatter.

From what we've seen of BM and Thor it's powerful, but DC's antimatter is unstoppable. A whole nother magnitude of dangerous.

Not to say that BM's antimatter couldn't hurt Stewart.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Delta1938
Not sure if it's canon for current John, but his Power Ring protected him and J'onn from anti-matter during COSMIC ODYSSEY. Dunno of other times him, or even any GL, have handled it.
The GL shield that Stewart placed around J'onn shattered almost immediately after the blast commenced. J'onn tanked the bulk of the explosion unaided... And Stewart survived via auto-shields. That said, I just don't think Starlin had a grasp on what anti-matter is within DC cosmology when he wrote that story. It can(and has) destroyed things FAR beyond J'onn and Stewart.

Anyway, we saw how Lanterns and Guardians coped with anti-matter during SCW.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 03:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you kidding? Blue Marvel stomps.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 04:15 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote