X1 (Clone Trooper with Force Pike) vs Finn (Stormtrooper with Shield and Riot Baton)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

Round 1: Melee

Round 2: Blasters

Balta Skywalker
X1 for sure

Zenwolf
Finn has better defense with shield and baton, reach goes to X1 with the 2 meter Force Pike, pretty sure the baton doesn't have that same reach.

The lethality of weapon goes to X1, the baton is good considering it launched Finn on impact a good like few feet away, but it didn't kill him or even KO him.

Whereas the Force Pike is pretty lethal or incapacitating with a single hit, disrupting the nervous system, lopping off limbs, cutting through armor etc.

Far as melee I can see X1 taking it more, the only thing he'd need to bypass is the shield which is Finn's only advantage really. Of course I can also see Finn winning, but X1 has more advantages in offense, not so much defense however.

MythLord
Finn's weapons aren't as lethal, but they can certainly provide cover for him, given how they're lightsaber resistant:

Finn's unending win-streak against confirmed, Jedi-fighting, supersoldiers in melee combat literally the first time picked up said weapons strikes me as more impressive than X1 at this stage, though I am hesitant to outright give Finn the win here. mmm.

chingchangwalla
Jman, you need to chill out with the X1 and X2 threads

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Jman, you need to chill out with the X1 and X2 threads Why? Because they aren't mainstream? erm

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Finn's weapons aren't as lethal, but they can certainly provide cover for him, given how they're lightsaber resistant:

Finn's unending win-streak against confirmed, Jedi-fighting, supersoldiers in melee combat literally the first time picked up said weapons strikes me as more impressive than X1 at this stage, though I am hesitant to outright give Finn the win here. mmm.

I mean, X1 taught X2 everything he knows.

As we see later on, X2 is capable of taking down Magnaguards in single combat.

Something I'm a bit hesitant to see Finn doing.

He's impressive, for sure, but X1 was also top of his class, and, not only that, he and his brother were responsible for the training of every single clone ever.

X1 is just more impressive at this point.

There's no guarantee that the Baton could send him flying like Finn was, because he was able to resist getting TK'ed, when EVERY other clone trooper was knocked out cold for nearly a minute, he was still standing and battle-ready.

Nephthys
Probably X1.

Jmanghan
If X1 still loses with the Force Pike, make it an electrostaff instead.

Zenwolf
He's not losing though. Or well I think so, the Force Pike has more offensive advantages than a non-lethal stun baton.

MythLord
Which, if hits, would stun and/or incapacitate. So, while it isn't as lethal, it would do the job.

This shouldn't undermine Finn's superior skill, hype and feats, tbh.

Zenwolf
It would yes, but the reach the Force Pike gives, among other things and X1's own skill, I'm not seeing that as much an outcome, it can, but I'm still thinking X1 wins more often than not.

I'm not saying it downplays Finn's skill or anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.