KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » X1 (Clone Trooper with Force Pike) vs Finn (Stormtrooper with Shield and Riot Baton)

X1 (Clone Trooper with Force Pike) vs Finn (Stormtrooper with Shield and Riot Baton)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

X1 (Clone Trooper with Force Pike) vs Finn (Stormtrooper with Shield and Riot Baton)

Who takes this?

Round 1: Melee

Round 2: Blasters

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balta Skywalker
Jedi Temple Guard

X1 for sure

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Balta Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Balta Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Finn has better defense with shield and baton, reach goes to X1 with the 2 meter Force Pike, pretty sure the baton doesn't have that same reach.

The lethality of weapon goes to X1, the baton is good considering it launched Finn on impact a good like few feet away, but it didn't kill him or even KO him.

Whereas the Force Pike is pretty lethal or incapacitating with a single hit, disrupting the nervous system, lopping off limbs, cutting through armor etc.

Far as melee I can see X1 taking it more, the only thing he'd need to bypass is the shield which is Finn's only advantage really. Of course I can also see Finn winning, but X1 has more advantages in offense, not so much defense however.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Finn's weapons aren't as lethal, but they can certainly provide cover for him, given how they're lightsaber resistant:

quote:
Taken from: Before The Awakening
The instructors demonstrated the use of each weapon, the vibro-axes and shock staffs and force pikes and resonator maces, elaborating at length on the respective strengths and weaknesses of each and when and how to employ them to best effect. They explained the composite alloys used to make the weapons, how some of the equipment was strong enough to block even a lightsaber. FN-2187 wondered about that-not whether it was true but whether or not they would ever be expected to fight someone who used a lightsaber.

Finn's unending win-streak against confirmed, Jedi-fighting, supersoldiers in melee combat literally the first time picked up said weapons strikes me as more impressive than X1 at this stage, though I am hesitant to outright give Finn the win here. .

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 07:03 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jman, you need to chill out with the X1 and X2 threads

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 07:07 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Jman, you need to chill out with the X1 and X2 threads
Why? Because they aren't mainstream? erm

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Finn's weapons aren't as lethal, but they can certainly provide cover for him, given how they're lightsaber resistant:

Finn's unending win-streak against confirmed, Jedi-fighting, supersoldiers in melee combat literally the first time picked up said weapons strikes me as more impressive than X1 at this stage, though I am hesitant to outright give Finn the win here. .

I mean, X1 taught X2 everything he knows.

As we see later on, X2 is capable of taking down Magnaguards in single combat.

Something I'm a bit hesitant to see Finn doing.

He's impressive, for sure, but X1 was also top of his class, and, not only that, he and his brother were responsible for the training of every single clone ever.

X1 is just more impressive at this point.

There's no guarantee that the Baton could send him flying like Finn was, because he was able to resist getting TK'ed, when EVERY other clone trooper was knocked out cold for nearly a minute, he was still standing and battle-ready.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Aug 6th, 2016 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 01:30 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Probably X1.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

If X1 still loses with the Force Pike, make it an electrostaff instead.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 08:53 PM
Zenwolf

He's not losing though. Or well I think so, the Force Pike has more offensive advantages than a non-lethal stun baton.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Which, if hits, would stun and/or incapacitate. So, while it isn't as lethal, it would do the job.

This shouldn't undermine Finn's superior skill, hype and feats, tbh.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It would yes, but the reach the Force Pike gives, among other things and X1's own skill, I'm not seeing that as much an outcome, it can, but I'm still thinking X1 wins more often than not.

I'm not saying it downplays Finn's skill or anything.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 09:04 PM