Sentry Vs Gotham

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Who wins?

Flyattractor
stats/info for G.

Zack M
Originally posted by Flyattractor
stats/info for G.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t631287.html

RealityWarper
Sentry

tkitna
So Gotham can only adjust to physical stats? He loses hard.

bobbybatman
Gotham wins . Spite.

tkitna
How is Gotham going to beat him? Does he have anything else to bring to the table besides strength and heat vision? If not, he cant win.

RealityWarper
If I understand it correctly Gotham can become more powerful to a certain limit but it shortens greatly his lifespan ?

-K-M-
Originally posted by RealityWarper
If I understand it correctly Gotham can become more powerful to a certain limit but it shortens greatly his lifespan ?

Correct

RealityWarper
Originally posted by -K-M-
Correct

He could just die by pushing himself too much in that case.

bobbybatman
Gotham is not just 'strength'. He oneshots JL, he will just have the minimum to beat Opponent no matter what. You do know what JL is. What now Sentry > JL ? Superman alone would beat Sentry. THere is no bound whether physical or magic, he will just have whatever is needed to beat . Hence, he wins.

P.S. Gotham Girl : " We can be ordinary for decades or Superman for some years or GODS for some hours. "

Now, if he wants to adjust more, he will decrease life span for few minutes and end Sentry in seconds. Still a win though.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by bobbybatman
Gotham is not just 'strength'. He oneshots JL, he will just have the minimum to beat Opponent no matter what.

So he will have the minimum to beat Thanos, then Odin, then Zeus, then Shaper of World, then Shaper of World, then Beyonder, then Kubik, then Molecule Man and then Sentry ?

Oh wait...

He completely burned out his lifespan just to be able to beat the JL...

A feat that could be performed by Thanos or Darkseid easily...

Sentry is so above the JL in power that a fight against them wouldn't even be fun to watch.

That's not because he looks like a Superman with mental illnesses that he is a Superman...

The closest thing to the Sentry are the Cosmic Cube beings and he is more powerful than all of them.

Based on ?

Sentry is now completely stable since the Reminder's arc and therefore has constantly an infinite power-level...

I mean, it's not like Jenkins (creator of the character), Bendis (main writer of the character during years and still main writer at Marvel), the Official Handbooks and Sentry's showing against Molecule Man at full power already confirmed this...

But hey if you have proof that Gotham can match the power of a Cosmic Cube-being at least it's up to you to post the scan in here...

I mean, it's not like Sentry put any effort in destroying Molecule Man once he discovered that he could manipulate the reality:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4681123-0524802694-tQa5x.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4681124-1414560645-K3O2G.jpg

It is more like 0 effort to beat Molecule Man so I have no problem seeing Sentry destroying everyone the same way.

bobbybatman
He can stay at GOD mode for hours, so yes he will beat many of what you mentioned. He was killed by his sister. Beating out JL did nothing to him as shown in comics. And yes, he will beat DS and Thanos. Justice League can take down Sentry with ease. If you are putting that Sentry, then there is JL: 1 million or those God level Justice League with Death Flash. You are considering highest form of Sentry, then PC Supes will whoop him all over universe.
This Sentry is a laughable character like that Saitama. So much power but still feels hollow and shallow. About that infinity thing, Superman and Flash are also infinite beings with no limit.
To the scan : If Gotham can stay God for hours, he can become more than that for minutes. And don't tell me Sentry can't be defeated. Neither he is TOAA nor LT of his universe.
Judging by those scans, Sentry might be the worst hero I ever read about. So stupid variation in power levels. You don't see this stupidity in DC .

RealityWarper

P.S. Gotham Girl : " We can be ordinary for decades or Superman for some years or GODS for some hours. "

Now, if he wants to adjust more, he will decrease life span for few minutes and end Sentry in seconds. Still a win though.

He didn't show that he can reach Sentry's power-level... Which is infinite according to Marvel.

GG NO RE I would say.

bobbybatman
Marvel's infinite level means nothing. Next thing is what : Sentry oneshots LT cuz he is infinite. Its all relative. There are many 'infinite heroes/villains' in Marvel who goes infinite and get their asses whooped afterwards. In injustice , Zatanna went to hiding in front of Spectre. SPECTRE. So, according to what Spectre IS, he must have known where they went but he didn't have any idea. Spectre > infinity.
Everything can be killed and has weakness, no matter what.

RealityWarper
He can stay at GOD mode for hours, so yes he will beat many of what you mentioned.

Besides Extreme Strength and Durability he showed nothing that could worry Sentry considering his powerset and his power-level.

And ?

It greatly shortened his lifespan...

No way, mate. ^_^

Big Maybe.

How exactly ? Lel.

Current incarnation.

Sentry when stable is exactly the same.

I don't have to use an unstable Sentry on a battle forum, lol.

Would you use a Superman poisoned by Kryptonite radiation on a battle forum ?

No, of course.

Ok.

Ok.

Nope.

Just his current incarnation which is the same thing as a stable Sentry with morals off.

Based on ?

Moreover all Supermen have been retconned at the same power-level during Convergence. Lel.

Wow ! That's an astounding argument ! Tell me more about it ! big grin

Lel.

Nope.

They have limits actually.

Superman is limited by the quantity of energy in his cells and by his power-set.

Flash has a limited power-set and can be sucked into the Speed Force if he exert himself too much.

Just more strength and durability. Lel.

The word "God" is a bit hyperbolic.

Wow ! Second astounding argument !

How Gotham beat him please ? Educate me ! XD

You've never read anything about Sentry besides those two scans ?

The variations in his power-level are explained at depending on his mental state, which is a former weakness now as it has been removed.

There is nothing stupid in it.

Lel.

Wasn't New-52 Superman depowered by his own Solar Flare + Vandal Savage machination then repowered ?

Ah yes he was ! big grin

bobbybatman
Almost everyone told me he sucks. Even people in stores tell don't buy Sentry comics.
And can't you reply in paragraph. It is really not cool, that pattern of replying . Line by line. You are asking me to educate ? I did it already. Saitama's story sounds more interesting than him . Lel. Some more about it. Superman have beaten many Gods and that GOD reference would be obviously more than that. So, its pretty straight. Ans its a bit unbias, Sentry is a perfect infinite and yet the infinite Superman and Flash are very limited. Read some more comics another than Sentry . Good, now only infinite hero in the verse is SENTRY cuz others have 'bounds and limitations ' Lel
And the number of times you typed Lel, same times read Batman #5 with some more focus than you gave on Sentry. LeL.

RealityWarper
Marvel's infinite level means nothing.

That's not an argument.

That comment is so random...

Spectre isn't omniscient and his power-level is entirely depending on the Presence with a certain limit.

Except fictional characters whom can't be killed and have no weaknesses ?

RealityWarper
Almost everyone told me he sucks. Even people in stores tell don't buy Sentry comics.

Likes and dislikes are subjective.

Do you prefer that I avoid debating with you ?

I was ironical.

They are different character concepts.

They don't have the same purpose.

?

I am struggling to decipher what you are saying.

It's a joke right ?

I have near three decades at reading Comics, Mangas, Franco-Belgium Comics and Books

Can you please shape an argument that could be used into that thread ?

I've read all of them.

Gotham has did nothing close to what Sentry did so far.

tkitna
You do know what JL is. What now Sentry > JL ? Superman alone would beat Sentry.

Oh, so you arent aware of what the Sentry is right now. Sorry for confusing you. The JL and Superman are nothing to him right now. Seriously, Superman is the 99lb weakling that gets sand kicked in his face. Keep up with the character and then post.

So he's a no limit fallacy character? He could beat beings like LT, Spectre, Galactus, or whoever? Yet he appears to be dead right now? Hmmm

End Sentry in seconds? This I would like to see since nobody but the Sentry himself has been able to do so up to this point.

tkitna

Oh so you admit that you know nothing about the character.

Concession accepted.

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Oh, so you arent aware of what the Sentry is right now. Sorry for confusing you. The JL and Superman are nothing to him right now. Seriously, Superman is the 99lb weakling that gets sand kicked in his face. Keep up with the character and then post.

So he's a no limit fallacy character? He could beat beings like LT, Spectre, Galactus, or whoever? Yet he appears to be dead right now? Hmmm

End Sentry in seconds? This I would like to see since nobody but the Sentry himself has been able to do so up to this point.
laughing out loud

abhilegend

Concession accepted.
But Sentry actually sucks.

Flash fact.

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

The truth is always funny to you it seems.

tkitna
But Sentry actually sucks.

Flash fact.

It must keep you up at night that a character that sucks so bad is so superior to your feeble Superman.

ghostman
It must keep you up at night that a character that sucks so bad is so superior to your feeble Superman.

sentry is the great value version of superman. sentry wouldnt exist if not for supes.

95 percent of your posts involve sucking the skin of sentries dick, so im not surprised

sentry is a terrible character, all his fans care about is power levels. just you dont even deny that he sucks laughing laughing laughing

lol literally 95 percent of the things you post have to do with sucking the skin of sentries dick. you lost at life sucking off a d class hero no one cares about.

bobbybatman
Okay, the way 2 Sentry fans have replied to me , that line by line ; it hurt my eyes not much, but pretty much. I haven't read those replies . Just give a reply collectively, its not like my 'each' line is hitting you hard that you are replying to each and every line separately as a slash counter. Easy there, okay Sentry wins ...for you.
My bet still on Gotham.

ghostman
Okay, the way 2 Sentry fans have replied to me , that line by line ; it hurt my eyes not much, but pretty much. I haven't read those replies . Just give a reply collectively, its not like my 'each' line is hitting you hard that you are replying to each and every line separately as a slash counter. Easy there, okay Sentry wins ...for you.
My bet still on Gotham.

why is galan on your ignore list? one of the best posters here

bobbybatman
He was insulting me instead of countering my points in MAZHAS vs GOTHAM.
So, I decided . I prefer to not to engage in war of words , apparently.

tkitna
Originally posted by ghostman
sentry is the great value version of superman. sentry wouldnt exist if not for supes.

95 percent of your posts involve sucking the skin of sentries dick, so im not surprised

sentry is a terrible character, all his fans care about is power levels. just you dont even deny that he sucks laughing laughing laughing

lol literally 95 percent of the things you post have to do with sucking the skin of sentries dick. you lost at life sucking off a d class hero no one cares about.

Wow another butt hurt Superman fan. Is there no end to you people? Your like dog pecker gnats.

(You cared enough about that D lister to reply. Well done)

tkitna
My bet still on Gotham.

Of course you didnt read the replies. I'm sure it sucks for you to be wrong.

abhilegend
The truth is always funny to you it seems.
laughing out loudOriginally posted by tkitna
If only a character is solely judged on power levels.

That's why Sentry sucks BTW. He is nothing but a power fantasy from a terrible writer.

RealityWarper
It's me or people don't get that we are debating the power-level specifically because it's a battle forum.

We hardly compare the quality of the stories in a battle as it's completely irrelevant.

tkitna
Yeah, its not a popularity contest. We are actually talking about powersets here.

bobbybatman
Of course you didnt read the replies. I'm sure it sucks for you to be wrong.
Ofcourse, you are sure. You have a signature of Dentry,...Lentry.....Gintry..ohh let me check, yeah Mentry. Whatever his name is.
D-lister you called me, you don't know but you are the even worse than that, mate.

bobbybatman
Not sure, but some of Sentry fans are the class B members of DBZ fanboy club where you compare heroes with power levels. Its over 9000, scouter breaks. Ohh maagawd, Freiza's base power level is 1 million. And now , he is transforming. Still, Goku with less power levels beat him.

RealityWarper
When people begin to insult the other side, that mean they have run out of arguments.

tkitna
Yeah, he's desperate. He admitted already that he has no clue about the Sentry as a character, but yet he still felt compelled to post in this thread.

bobbybatman
Thats not an insult. Many points have been put forward which you defended just by saying "Sentry is infinite and he stomps all " . How to counter that when you say only one thing based on a PIS scan ?
There are many villains more powerful than Sentry, Superman had whooped good eg. Solaris, Doomsday, Darkseid,etc. THere is a whole list of villains who will oneshot Sentry but JL had defeated them all. I read your posts and I know why you are so centric on Sentry. Thats poetic !
You only think your character is infinite and fully unstoppable denying all the points on the opposite, then what is to argue in there ? You keep to your decision, so will I.

tkitna
THere is a whole list of villains who will oneshot Sentry

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduPQqbpT1LqVOz6/giphy.gif

I'm going to clue you in on something real quick. The Sentry cant be harmed by mere physical means anymore and nobody knows what it would really take to put him down at this point. What we do know is that the JL sure as hell aint doing it.

RealityWarper
Thats not an insult.

Thanks for the compliment then, I didn't realise how much you value the BDZ-fans and the Sentry-fans.

Apologies accepted ? sad

The only point that have been put forward in the first page is "Gotham can rise-up his power-level via shortening his lifespan thus he will become a God and stomp Sentry."

Which I replied by poiting-out that Sentry's power-level is infinite thus making that task impossible in the first place.

I can add Sentry's immortality and omniversal reality warping powers which allows him to do whatever he wants.

I already showed Sentry squishing Molecule Man like a bug once he understood the true nature of his powers.

Which feats have Gotham to compete with Sentry ?

Butchering the Justice League via amping his durability and strength to new standards for the League ? Come on...

That's not a PIS scan, that's the way Bendis chosen to show how powerful Sentry is.

Bugs.

Keep believing that.

That's not an argument.

I always argue in threads I know all the characters.

I'm just taking Marvel's opinion about his own characters very seriously.

You've admitted that you have never read a single Sentry comics in the first place so what are you trying to do ? Arguing from ignorance ?

ok

Galan007
Sentry threads always seem to turn into complete garbage -- they're worse than Thanos or Flash threads ever were, imo. It's a real shame because Sentry is an interesting character who could actually spark good discussions, IF people didn't feel the need to go completely off the f*cking reservation when debating him.

...But alas. sad

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Galan007
Sentry threads always seem to turn into complete garbage -- they're worse than Thanos or Flash threads ever were, imo. It's a real shame because Sentry is an interesting character who could actually spark good discussions, IF people didn't feel the need to go completely off the f*cking reservation when debating him.

...But alas. sad

He is unpopular so that's why.

One_Angry_Scot

...But alas. sad

Yep, I think it's down to him being so polarising but even then I don't think that should change anything.

tkitna

...But alas. sad

I can agree with you Galan and i'm sure i'm a contributor to the issues somewhat, but when people say silly stuff like Superman can take him or he'll get one shot by many villains, whats one to do?

Galan007
Totally understand. I just wish Sentry threads could stay civil/reasonable long enough to produce some quality discussions, because like I said: he really is an interesting character.

Heck, even I used to enjoy participating in Sentry threads(he's actually in my top 10 favorite Marvel characters)... Until all of the threads he's involved in started becoming toxic. I want no part of that craziness. messed

TheHulkster
That's not a PIS scan, that's the way Bendis chosen to show how powerful Sentry is.

I agree with this. That story clearly was set up to expand on Sentry's power. One would be better off calling it SIP: Stupidity Induced Plot. Bendis wanted to base Sentry's power on cosmic level reality warping, so he wrote him as out-warping Molecule Man.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by TheHulkster
I agree with this. That story clearly was set up to expand on Sentry's power. One would be better off calling it SIP: Stupidity Induced Plot. Bendis wanted to base Sentry's power on cosmic level reality warping, so he wrote him as out-warping Molecule Man.

And so did Jenkins, Sentry warped the Marvel Omniverse without changing the timeline to be part of it.

TheHulkster
And so did Jenkins, Sentry warped the Marvel Omniverse without changing the timeline to be part of it.

Jenkins even stated his intent for Sentry to be a reality warper:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4681147-6840455317-46675.jpg

abhilegend
Totally understand. I just wish Sentry threads could stay civil/reasonable long enough to produce some quality discussions, because like I said: he really is an interesting character.

Heck, even I used to enjoy participating in Sentry threads(he's actually in my top 10 favorite Marvel characters)... Until all of the threads he's involved in started becoming toxic. I want no part of that craziness. messed
Because Sentry fans would never admit any other character can beat him.

It's just ridiculous at this point.

TheHulkster
Also, you have two examples of Sentry basically overloading the power of beings with powers based on adapting/absorbing his. If Gotham suffers ill effects the higher he has to go in power to defeat an opponent, it is consistent with Sentry's history for there to be a possibility of taking Gotham's ability past his limits. This, among other things:

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/123441/2767090-sentry_powers_drives_adaptoid_insane_1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15047/430543-Civil_War_-_The_Return_001_022.jpg

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-340b0c562f1c901fb943a6dbcd162eec-c?convert_to_webp=true

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111144301/4285111-drdoom.jpg

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/123441/2766683-sentry_vs_terrax_2.jpg

http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/123441/2766684-sentry_vs_terrax_3.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11120/111202308/4503020-3168522-8271397499-sentr.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4681124-1414560645-K3O2G.jpg

http://www.unwinnable.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/siege.jpg

RealityWarper
Jenkins even stated his intent for Sentry to be a reality warper:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/4681147-6840455317-46675.jpg

Also this:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/34/1471973677-sentryisgodcanbeateveryone.jpg

iceman24567
Still using social media as evidence reported no expression

Badabing
If you don't have actual feats or dialog from the comic, don't bother posting evidence. And it's tough reading posts from people who don't know all combatants. Follow the rules:

Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum.

An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats. Neither is a random post by a supposed writer on a message board, blogs, tweets, etc. There have been too many of these so called interviews which go against what's shown on panel. Especially when there is no dialogue to refute what's happening on panel. Most writers are clear with the intentions of the plot and story arc.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

bobbybatman
Thanks for the compliment then, I didn't realise how much you value the BDZ-fans and the Sentry-fans.

Apologies accepted ? sad

The only point that have been put forward in the first page is "Gotham can rise-up his power-level via shortening his lifespan thus he will become a God and stomp Sentry."

Which I replied by poiting-out that Sentry's power-level is infinite thus making that task impossible in the first place.

I can add Sentry's immortality and omniversal reality warping powers which allows him to do whatever he wants.

I already showed Sentry squishing Molecule Man like a bug once he understood the true nature of his powers.

Which feats have Gotham to compete with Sentry ?

Butchering the Justice League via amping his durability and strength to new standards for the League ? Come on...

Bugs.

Keep believing that.

That's not an argument.

I always argue in threads I know all the characters.

I'm just taking Marvel's opinion about his own characters very seriously.

You've admitted that you have never read a single Sentry comics in the first place so what are you trying to do ? Arguing from ignorance ?

ok
You are the one who assumed . I have read his comics, I was jsut telling he is not an interesting character with terrible stories as my experience . They don't tell the same about SPiderman, Black Panther, Ironman even Thanos, Constantine, X men, DC's big guns ,etc . why ??

You will never accept defeat. His intelligence is very dumb as per his power levels. There's a reason WW beat many opponents that are way too powerful than her due to her intelligence and skills. Same goes for Batman, Constantine, Hal Jordan, Ironman, Luthor, etc. And all you can say is " Sentry wins" and give false assumptions about me. Power levels and how to use that power is vastly different.

I agree with Abhilegend. Originally posted by abhilegend

Its getting too much here, so finally I will conclude. Earlier, Gotham 10/10.
Now, considering all Sentry's scans as 'fair and without PIS' : Gotham wins 6/10. Those twitter scans pretty much proves my argument about him. Hilarious though. Sorry if you felt like an insult up there, not intended any.
Adios, mate. It seems I am the only one fan of Gotham who can back him up here and in an another thread vs MAZHAS where Galan007 mistaked his powerset.
Gotham wins 6/10.

TheHulkster
Its getting too much here, so finally I will conclude. Earlier, Gotham 10/10.
Now, considering all Sentry's scans as 'fair and without PIS' : Gotham wins 6/10. Those twitter scans pretty much proves my argument about him. Hilarious though. Sorry if you felt like an insult up there, not intended any.
Adios, mate. It seems I am the only one fan of Gotham who can back him up here and in an another thread vs MAZHAS where Galan007 mistaked his powerset.
Gotham wins 6/10.

Just to note, the reason I posted the Twitter scan was not to prove what Sentry is capable of, but rather to show that what he has been shown doing (notably the defeat of Molecule Man) is not PIS. Even if one thinks his power levels are stupid, they are character induced as opposed to plot induced.

That simple distinction changed your view from 0 victories to 4 victories, so it seems important. As far as his intelligence, he is not portrayed as unintelligent by Jurgens nor Bendis, but rather unhinged and insecure. He has been portrayed as unintelligent in guest appearances during the time that he is playing a more villain role and in order to compensate for his power level.

What is Gotham's birth name? Any search of the "Gotham" only brings up Batman.

tkitna

Well Superman cant do it and thats what really bothers you.

RealityWarper
You are the one who assumed . I have read his comics, I was jsut telling he is not an interesting character with terrible stories as my experience . They don't tell the same about SPiderman, Black Panther, Ironman even Thanos, Constantine, X men, DC's big guns ,etc . why ??

It truly depends what kind of stories you want to read.

I accept every argument once:

1) Everything is perfectly understood from both side and backed-up.

2) All aspects of the fight are taking in account and no showing of the characters handwaved (according to the context, there is no reason to use an unstable Sentry nor to use a Kryptonite poisoned Superman).

That's not a lack of intelligence.

He is a very unstable character psychologically speaking and he is extremely scared about his powers, rightly.

That's the entire point of the character.

Sentry is an human whom became a God and sees himself as an human-being struggling with his Godlike powers and psychological issues.

Superman is almost the opposite. Clark is an human-being in the pure sense of the term that everybody sees as a God because of his alien origins that gives him tremendous powers.

That's two completely different concept of characters.

Both are interesting and leads to different stories.

Like TheHulkster said I posted them simply to show that the feat about Molecule Man is legit and that Sentry is clearly above him from the start.

Bendis, whom wrote the story, said that he is using Sentry with Paul Jenkins blessing which means that he is respectful about what the character is and what he can do.

I was kidding mate. No problem.

Well, you are free to think what you want.

abhilegend
Well Superman cant do it and thats what really bothers you.
Nothing is more amusing than a self entitled Sentry fan.

tkitna

Only a zealous Superman fanboy that posts laughing emoji's when he knows his favorite character is brutally outclassed in every way.

abhilegend
Only a zealous Superman fanboy that posts laughing emoji's when he knows his favorite character is brutally outclassed in every way.
laughing out loud

Tell me though, when is Sentry appearing next.

RealityWarper

How fun I am ? laughing

tkitna
laughing out loud

Tell me though, when is Sentry appearing next.

Not sure. Probably when a situation is too much for the usual Marvel heros.

abhilegend
Not sure. Probably when a situation is too much for the usual Marvel heros.
Like in Secret Wars?

Or Maybe Civil War II?

Or Maybe never?

All this power and he can't even appear in comics. How sad is that?

StiltmanFTW
He'll appear in Spider-Gwenpool v7 #34-point-one issue.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He'll appear in Spider-Gwenpool v7 #34-point-one issue.
laughing out loud

B-b-but he can beat Beyonder!

The more I see of sentry fans the more I believe that they are not fans of the actual character, just his power level. He doesn't appears in the comics for the next decade? No issue. But he must beat everyone in comics on a battleboard!!!!

thumb up

RealityWarper
laughing out loud

The more I see of sentry fans the more I believe that they are not fans of the actual character, just his power level. He doesn't appears in the comics for the next decade? No issue. But he must beat everyone in comics on a battleboard!!!!

thumb up

There is a tendency to avoid using the most powerful characters.

Beyonder and Molecule Man are rare too for the same reasons.

TheHulkster
laughing out loud

thumb up

Sounds like you with regard to Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Who are you, ster? You know abhi too well to be a new poster.

abhilegend
There is a tendency to avoid using the most powerful characters.

Beyonder and Molecule Man are rare too for the same reasons.
Even they were used in Secret Wars.

laughing out loudOriginally posted by TheHulkster
Sounds like you with regard to Superman.
laughing out loud

I only want good Superman stories.

RealityWarper

laughing out loud

Not all of them.

It would have been redundant

abhilegend
He is a poster from herochat. Banned because he became too obsessed with me and posted my picture from my Facebook gallery.

abhilegend
Not all of them.

It would have been redundant
Molecule Man and Beyonder were not used in Secret Wars?

Sentry wasn't because nobody wanted to use such a shit character.

RealityWarper

Beyonder was a poster-character.

Marvel has no reason to expose all of his characters in a story arc.

All characters are just tools for the writer to make a good story.

I don't get why you hate Sentry so badly.

I have personally no hate about any character.

One_Angry_Scot

laughing out loud
laughing out loud

Because they fit the story more. And Beyonder wasn't in Secret Wars (unless you are referring to the last one(s)). He was likely not used for quite a few reasons.

Not being as well known a character as Beyonders and Molecule Man who were quite obviously written into Hickman's saga ages in advance. Making it stupid if he were to shoehorn Sentry in.

I was always hoping for him to appear but only because he's been gone for so long. I don't really think he would have fit until it came to Battleworld.

I don't think it's anything to do with what you personally think of him and hint that that's what others believe too. Not every character is needed in every comic all the time. Otherwise they would be so crowded.

Sin I AM

Lol i peeped that too

He is a poster from herochat. Banned because he became too obsessed with me and posted my picture from my Facebook gallery.

Lmao u inspire me abhi

abhilegend
Who says I hate Sentry?

TheHulkster

You mean from the photobucket account that you post your scans from? I didn't "post" anything.

And don't speak of obsession since you actively respond to every post I make.

TheHulkster

You want Superman to beat everyone.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Because they fit the story more. And Beyonder wasn't in Secret Wars (unless you are referring to the last one(s)). He was likely not used for quite a few reasons.

Not being as well known a character as Beyonders and Molecule Man who were quite obviously written into Hickman's saga ages in advance. Making it stupid if he were to shoehorn Sentry in.

I was always hoping for him to appear but only because he's been gone for so long. I don't really think he would have fit until it came to Battleworld.

I don't think it's anything to do with what you personally think of him and hint that that's what others believe too. Not every character is needed in every comic all the time. Otherwise they would be so crowded.

You have to wait for some more time at this point.

Bendis and Remender have basically broken the character. The common perception of him being a shit character already didn't help either.

Simply put, Superman archetype (Greatest hero, most powerful being) doesn't works in MU. Either they have to dumb him down to Thor/Hulk level or make him a villain.

And Remender went ahead and made him even more powerful. He is an utterly broken character now.

abhilegend
You mean from the photobucket account that you post your scans from? I didn't "post" anything.

And don't speak of obsession since you actively respond to every post I make.
laughing out loud

You want Superman to beat everyone.
Since when? Morrison's action comics run is my favorite Superman run ever and he was depowered for half of it.

TheHulkster
You have to wait for some more time at this point.

Bendis and Remender have basically broken the character. The common perception of him being a shit character already didn't help either.

Simply put, Superman archetype (Greatest hero, most powerful being) doesn't works in MU. Either they have to dumb him down to Thor/Hulk level or make him a villain.

And Remender went ahead and made him even more powerful. He is an utterly broken character now.

Yet there is indication that he is getting a movie.

abhilegend
That's a pipedream at this point.

TheHulkster
laughing out loud

Since when? Morrison's action comics run is my favorite Superman run ever and he was depowered for half of it.

Being depowered gives him an out. No one will count that as low showings. But you criticizing a group of fans for allegedly not feeling that their character can be beaten is the epitome of hypocrisy.

carver9
Edit

carver9
Being depowered gives him an out. No one will count that as low showings. But you criticizing a group of fans for allegedly not feeling that their character can be beaten is the epitome of hypocrisy.

thumb up

abhilegend
Wut? Morrison's Superman simply started at that level.

But hey, your obsession with me is just creepy at this point.

TheHulkster
Wut? Morrison's Superman simply started at that level.

You called him "depowered". Would it be better if we said "prepowered"? Either way, he is officially below the power level he will eventually reach, thus the run doesn't threaten your obsession with Superman being superior to everyone.

abhilegend
facepalm

StiltmanFTW

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Wow...

abhilegend
laughing out loud

TheHulkster

Wow...

All I did was ask if the profile pic on his photobucket account was him (he links to pics on it). He got upset when people laughed at his suit and he complained.

That's a pipedream at this point.

We'll see, but the story from the original mini could make an interesting movie. The character is not as bad as you make him out to be.

tkitna
Like in Secret Wars?

Or Maybe Civil War II?

Or Maybe never?

All this power and he can't even appear in comics. How sad is that?

So really powerful characters appear on a regular basis all the time? Kind of a weak response. Blame the writers anyways. They are the ones that usually back themselves into a corner with the character and have silly things happen like the worm, running from the Human Torch, or Namor and whoever supposedly beating him because he wasn't shown for a few panels.

tkitna
I don't get why you hate Sentry so badly.

Because Superman cant beat him. Isnt it obvious?

Who says I hate Sentry?

You just called him a shit character and your asking this? laughing out loud

RealityWarper

I guess it is.

Mr Master

I can add

Sentry's immortality and omniversal reality warping powers

which allows him to do whatever he wants.

Sentry warped the Marvel Omniverse without changing the timeline to be part of it.
I want scans of this being portrayed On Panel! ... (both your claims)

If u don't have scans, tell me the exact title and # where it happened so I can post it for u.

If you return with an excuse ...

you'll see nothing in reply but this ... facepalm ...

Just to note, the reason I posted the Twitter scan was not to prove what Sentry is capable of,

but rather to show that what he has been shown doing

(notably the defeat of Molecule Man) is not PIS.
On Panel, in Marvel comics,
Sentry defeated an insecure mentally unstable Owen Reece, who cried at one point for 'crying out loud.' (pun intended)

Owen was NOTHING in comparison with his unleashed potential in the form of Evil MM.

In fact, Dark Reign Owen is one of the weakest versions I've seen of him, and, I've seen them all.

... heck, oh' Owen (and losing his mind, the poor sap) could only affect the molecules "around" him,
and so Sentry got stomped 3 times at close range cause Sentry's made of molecules,
'special' molecules? whatever .. but Molecules nonetheless.
Then Sentry got the upper hand when this weak Owen was distracted by the nuke,
so, Sentry controls molecules too ey? Nice, so, he sneaky style grabbed control of Owen's molecules, and, that's it.

So, what were Owen's feats in Dark Reign aside from confronting Sentry:

1) Went to his tiny home town,
and dispersed the molecules of all the residents there (44 people)
the residents were all gathered together at some lot, the molecules never left the same spot btw.

2) Re-arrange the molecules of a handful of Avengers (he didn't want to kill anyone)

3) Mind-phuk Norman Osborn via brain molecules

--------------------------------------------------

So what were Evil Molecule Man's feats: (Owen Reece unleashed)

1) ripped the essence of a Cube being from another universe away

2) cosmic speed-blitzing simultaneously with devastating energy blasts plus also

3) reality warping the most powerful Cube being

4) battling on all sorts of Planes of Existence

5) contributing (perhaps mostly) to spacial-temporal restructuring within Realities across the infinite Multiverse and beyond!

--------------------------------------------------

The Owen Reece Void/Sentry defeated pales in comparison with unleashed Owen.

abhilegend
All I did was ask if the profile pic on his photobucket account was him (he links to pics on it). He got upset when people laughed at his suit and he complained.

laughing out loud

You did more than that. I never even complained about it. Quan bragged about it and got you banned.

The character is worse than what I said actually.

abhilegend
So really powerful characters appear on a regular basis all the time? Kind of a weak response. Blame the writers anyways. They are the ones that usually back themselves into a corner with the character and have silly things happen like the worm, running from the Human Torch, or Namor and whoever supposedly beating him because he wasn't shown for a few panels.
So its all writers fault that he is a shit character to begin with?

Blame Paul Cornell for that.

abhilegend

You just called him a shit character and your asking this? laughing out loud
I call him a shit character because he is a shit character.

Battle board shit has nothing to do with it.

And no, he doesn't has any character enough for anyone to hate him. It's more like apathy.

psycho gundam
Sentry's not that bad, at least up until the end of seige

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Sentry's not that bad, at least up until the end of seige
Let's see.

He was the greatest hero. He was the most powerful as well.
He was the best friend of Reed Richards and only one Reed can talk to.
He helped Spider-Man become the hero he was.
He helped Angel to fly.
He had Hulk as his sidekick and the only guy who could calm him down.

He was the most Mary sue character you could think of. Not surprisingly as Paul Cornell is one of the shittiest writers ever.

TheHulkster
laughing out loud

You did more than that. I never even complained about it. Quan bragged about it and got you banned.

The character is worse than what I said actually.

You whined about it in comments and everyone had to give you reassurance and e-hugs and chastised the big bad Hulkster for hurting your wittle feelings.

laughing

Whatever your angst concerning the character, he's clearly more powerful than Superman.

TheHulkster
Let's see.

He helped Angel to fly.

He was the most Mary sue character you could think of. Not surprisingly as Paul Cornell is one of the shittiest writers ever.

Paul Jenkins dude. And he really didn't write the character to be in mainstream continuity originally.

psycho gundam
Let's see.

He helped Angel to fly.

He was the most Mary sue character you could think of. Not surprisingly as Paul Cornell is one of the shittiest writers ever. Well you kinda missed the point, then. He's supposed to be all those things but then due to his agoraphobia and other things his life he fell off course. It's a fall from grace character arc, he's the "broken Superman".

I agree that it wasn't perfect but neurosis are very complex issues to translate into comics

abhilegend
You whined about it in comments and everyone had to give you reassurance and e-hugs and chastised the big bad Hulkster for hurting your wittle feelings.

laughing

Whatever your angst concerning the character, he's clearly more powerful than Superman.
Haha, seriously? I just made it clear that you acted like a stalker and how it amused me.

Yes, that's the only thing that matters between characters. How powerful they are.

Right.Originally posted by psycho gundam
Well you kinda missed the point, then. He's supposed to be all those things but then due to his agoraphobia and other things his life he fell off course. It's a fall from grace character arc, he's the "broken Superman".

I agree that it wasn't perfect but neurosis are very complex issues to translate into comics
But Superman is never that. Its like someone looked at wikipedia and thought "this is how Superman is as a character."

Plutonian is a broken Superman. Sentry is just a mishmash of the worst characteristics of Superman written by a shitty writer.

StiltmanFTW
He helped Angel to fly.

Don't tell me THAT really happened.

tkitna
So its all writers fault that he is a shit character to begin with?

Blame Paul Cornell for that.

Its the writers fault when they write bad storys. A good writer can make any character interesting, even Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Superman/Batman team-ups work for me. Supes' solo stories about saving cats from the trees (read: women from the suicide attempts) make me puke stick out tongue

tkitna
I call him a shit character because he is a shit character.

I think he's interesting. A troubled mind with all that power. Way more interesting than that Ward Cleaver, 'S' wearing guy in the red and blue suit.

iceman24567
Don't tell me THAT really happened. laughing

StiltmanFTW
I think he's interesting. A troubled mind with all that power. Way more interesting than that Ward Cleaver, 'S' wearing guy in the red and blue suit.

Preaching sermons while flying and lifting cars...

Good thing there's always Bruce to shut him up:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/4b/76/9e4b7616e4ddb03d22e086e8cc0676e8.jpg

abhilegend
Don't tell me THAT really happened.
You don't know that?

http://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/sentry-x-men-1Originally posted by tkitna
Its the writers fault when they write bad storys. A good writer can make any character interesting, even Superman. Originally posted by tkitna
That's why nobody could save Sentry as a character.

Superman as a character doesn't need to be proved. Nearly 80 years of stories do that for him.

When they even remember Sentry after 80 years, do let us know.

StiltmanFTW
You don't know that?

http://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/sentry-x-men-1

sad sad sad

No. I really, really hoped you were joking about that one.

iceman24567
sad sad sad

No. I really, really hoped you were joking about that one. Mutants are they minority they getting treated like second class citizens welcome to my world

abhilegend
sad sad sad

No. I really, really hoped you were joking about that one.
It gets better. Turns out he was the first person Rogue has slept with.

http://comicsalliance.com/sentry-rogue-fallen-sun/

He is also a better person than Thing because he stopped Ben from killing Wrecker.

He also gave legal counsel to Daredevil.

erm

Galan007
laughing out loud

Sentry is the backbone of Marvel earth. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
It gets better. Turns out he was the first person Rogue has slept with.

http://comicsalliance.com/sentry-rogue-fallen-sun/

I read that one-shot... totally forgot about that scene facepalm

He is also a better person than Thing because he stopped Ben from killing Wrecker.

Yeah, I remember.

He also gave legal counsel to Daredevil.

erm

WAIT, WHAT?!

abhilegend
I read that one-shot... totally forgot about that scene facepalm

I wish I could do that.

Marvelous writing isn't it?

http://comicastle.org/read-siege--chapter-42-page-18.html

"I will miss his wise counsel".

He also helped Iron Man recover from alcoholism.

http://comicastle.org/read-siege--chapter-42-page-9.html
http://comicastle.org/read-siege--chapter-42-page-10.html

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Sentry is the backbone of Marvel earth. thumb up
Yeah, and he can bone anyone he want.

Off panel and never mentioned of course.

StiltmanFTW
I wish I could do that.

Marvelous writing isn't it?

http://comicastle.org/read-siege--chapter-42-page-18.html

"I will miss his wise counsel".

He also helped Iron Man recover from alcoholism.

http://comicastle.org/read-siege--chapter-42-page-9.html
http://comicastle.org/read-siege--chapter-42-page-10.html

Page 17*.

At least it's not specified to be the legal counseling. But still. Smh...

abhilegend
Page 17*.

At least it's not specified to be the legal counseling. But still. Smh...
Yeah, messed up with the link.

He also inspired Fantastic Four to work as a team.

It's like Superman teaching Batman to do detective work, teach Flash to run fast, help Hal learn how to use his ring, teach Atom to shrink etc.

The power level has nothing to do with why I think Sentry is a shit character. It's him being shoehorned into every character's history and being better than that hero on their own abilities.

It's like a 5 year old child's fantasy. Bran summed it up nicely.
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I agree with pretty much everything Sin said about Sentry.

Retroactively everyone played second fiddle to him. And the whole greatest hero ever shit seems like a kid trying to create the bestest superhero ever. Sentry's entire origin actually.

"Yeah well my hero did everything like containing the Cosmic Cube and being Reed Richards best friend and he ate year old burgers and he enjoyed ghost chiles on occasion. He also stalemated Galactus and taught a flying mutant not to be scared. Also he had sex with Rogue before Magneto because... well... uhdunno, but it totally doesn't take away the impact of why Rogue did Mags. Also every single hero thinks he's cooler than themselves.

Oh you thought I was finished? No no no. He also has the power of 100... no wait, 1000, uh that's pretty high right? Yeah he has the power of 1000 suns.

Changed my mind, he has the power of 1 million suns. Also he can't die. Plus plus plus he is really fast. But he's not just fast, he's also really strong, stronger than Hulk. But even if he wasn't stronger than Hulk he can simply take away all his anger and strength. He can beat all the heroes at once too.

He also erased the entire planet's mind like Xavier and Dr Strange.

Now match that Jimmy! You dirty poor no mom having dumbass!"

tkitna

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/4b/76/9e4b7616e4ddb03d22e086e8cc0676e8.jpg

http://advrider.com/styles/advrider_smilies/ImaPoser.gif

Man, aint that the truth.

Flyattractor

Lucky Bastard.....

iceman24567
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Lucky Bastard..... laughing

tkitna

That's why nobody could save Sentry as a character.

Because he's never had a good writer in your opinion?

Who said anybody needed to prove him? Proving him (whatever that means) doesn't make him interesting.

I'll quote this so I remember when the time comes.

abhilegend
Because he's never had a good writer in your opinion?

No, because the character itself is beyond saving.

What makes you think anyone cares if you find the character interesting or not?

Is this supposed to make sense?

TheHulkster
Somebody's hatin.

StiltmanFTW
Scot will never make you a sig again if you keep it up, abhi stick out tongue

abhilegend
laughing out loud

bobbybatman
Gotham wins.
Back to topic.

StiltmanFTW
Back to topic.

No, mom. We want to play for a little longer, please?

bobbybatman
no

StiltmanFTW
Dad would allow it... cry

bobbybatman
yes
okay, but this is the last time.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks big grin

RealityWarper
Anyway Batman solos.

Everyone.

EVERYONE ! >_<

bobbybatman
Batman always wins even when there is no battle going on.
Batman is so awesome even the word 'awesome' feels awesome.

RealityWarper
Batman always wins even when there is no battle going on.
Batman is so awesome even the word 'awesome' feels awesome.

The Presence is an invention of Batman.

bobbybatman
Not invention, a gadget.

tkitna
No, because the character itself is beyond saving.

Lol, ok then. The only reason he's not being included in Marvel stories on a regular basis at this point is because he's too powerful. Of course you already know that though.

Says the guy who feels compelled to cast his own opinion on the Sentry for some reason. Hypocritical much? Wish you would read your own posts sometime before actually typing.

rolling on floor laughing Your the one that said to get back to you in 80 years to give you an update on the Sentry. I would be 126 years old by then, so no it doesnt make sense.

Look Abhi, I realize it hurts that a character that you hate like the Sentry is so superior to your vaunted Superman, but it is what it is. Throw your Superman and Lex dolls around and scream in your 'S' covered pillow and get over it. It'll be ok.

RealityWarper
Lol, ok then. The only reason he's not being included in Marvel stories on a regular basis at this point is because he's too powerful. Of course you already know that though.

Says the guy who feels compelled to cast his own opinion on the Sentry for some reason. Hypocritical much? Wish you would read your own posts sometime before actually typing.

rolling on floor laughing Your the one that said to get back to you in 80 years to give you an update on the Sentry. I would be 126 years old by then, so no it doesnt make sense.

Look Abhi, I realize it hurts that a character that you hate like the Sentry is so superior to your vaunted Superman, but it is what it is. Throw your Superman and Lex dolls around and scream in your 'S' covered pillow and get over it. It'll be ok.

Oh my God ! Comment of the year ! Happy Dance

Really fun to read ^^

ghostman

Oh my God ! Comment of the year ! Happy Dance

Really fun to read ^^

lol youre trying sooo hard embarrasment embarrasment its really embarrassing

ghostman

so wait.... youre a 40 something year old man sucking off a shitty d list ficitional character that no one but 7 or 8 people care about on an almost dead comicbook debate website? damn you lost at life. superman one shots sentry have a nice day.

RealityWarper
Even with the ignore function I can't stop looking at Ghostman's comments.

I love salt, I can't help myself.

superman one shots sentry have a nice day.

Rofl.

Some people really can't get over the fact that Sentry light years beyond Superman in terms of power. smile

When is the last time that Superman one-shotted anyone ?

Sentry one-shotted Molecule Man.

Badabing
I'm about to one-shot Ghostman and Reality Warper to a temp ban if this nonsense doesn't stop.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm about to one-shot Ghostman and Reality Warper to a temp ban if this nonsense doesn't stop.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/9/9f/Alch_move_26.mp3

\o/

tkitna
so wait.... youre a 40 something year old man sucking off a shitty d list ficitional character that no one but 7 or 8 people care about on an almost dead comicbook debate website?

With age comes wisdom.

I'm married with a couple of kids. When you move out of your mothers basement, let us know.

Superman couldnt beat Sentry, yet one shot him even in your wildest wet dreams. Try again suckling.

tkitna
Back to the subject matter though, Gotham looks like a real tough customer.

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Batman-5-DC-Comics-Rebirth-Spoilers-8-300x461.jpg

Lol

ghostman
With age comes wisdom.

I'm married with a couple of kids. When you move out of your mothers basement, let us know.

Superman couldnt beat Sentry, yet one shot him even in your wildest wet dreams. Try again suckling.

does your wife know that you deepthroat a fictional character on a regular basis? lol sentry is probably cuckholding you laughing laughing laughing laughing

your kids arent your own laughing out loud laughing out loud

ghostman
Originally posted by Badabing

sorry just read this.

also sentry loses like always.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>