Drax the Destroyer vs. Black Dwarf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Discuss.

leonidas
which version of drax? dumb drax wins. the version who ripped out thanos' heart would likely lose. original drax would probably be the best fight and it could go either way based on dwarfs limited showings imo.

of course, dwarf did apparently, magically, lose to bp, so..... who the f### knows what to make of him for realz. lol

StiltmanFTW
Current. The "Kratos" Drax. I'm not sure what weapons he wields nowadays, apparently ditched the knives and carries an axe?

leonidas
ah, then i haven't seen him enough to really say for sure.

DarkSaint85
BP beat him.

He was also having trouble with Shang Chi and Widow.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
BP beat him.

"A little longer and I think he could've beaten me." - that doesn't sound like a win for BP, lol. Wakanda made aliens retreat, that's it.

It was a TFFA battle, not a duel. T'Challa's claws penetrated BD's hide, but he also apparently broke his hand during the fight.

He was also having trouble with Shang Chi and Widow.

Actually, iirc, he was doing rather good against them... it's Ronan the Jobbuser who killed him...

I agree BD wasn't impressive... I never had much respect for Kratos Drax either, though. So it seemed like a good matchup to me.

DarkSaint85
True, I always disregard the BP showing.

He was beating Shang, true, bit he was having trouble with their speed/ agility

golem370
I would like to see Old Drax or New Drax with the power gem Old Drax went from getting physically owned by She Hulk to ripping a star apart. I think Dumb Drax\w his mind restored when he fought Genis.

StiltmanFTW
True, I always disregard the BP showing.

He was beating Shang, true, bit he was having trouble with their speed/ agility

No shame in that, as they are top streets.

DarkSaint85
Dwarf was a feared general in Thanos' army. A physical powerhouse, promoted from the ranks to lead the armies of the greatest threat to the universe, essentially also a death cult.

StiltmanFTW
Thanus wets his pants each time he sees the Hulk, so no wonder he chose someone with 0.00001% of Hulk's power (base, grey version) to be his general.

At least the rest of the Black Order seemed pretty capable.

DarkSaint85
The only one who impressed me was Ebony Maw, and maybe Supergiant, tbh.

StiltmanFTW

Because you are sapiosexual.

golem370
When Dumb Drax sees who Adam Warlock is getting help from in Infinity Watch Drax gets pissed by is settled down by Warlock and it seemed like Thanos happy liked he was worried.

Mindset
This guy?

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tony_cox.jpg

golem370
Maxam would be a good fight for BD.

ShadowFyre
I have only seen BD two times. When he lost to BP and then somehow handled the Gladiator, Ronan, Annihilus and SS. Made no sense at all.

StiltmanFTW
He "handled" Ronan and died :v

Thanus one-shotted him, too.

ShadowFyre
Well, he did die, but the art and everything made it look like he was strong enough to tussle with multiple guys at a time who all have enough strength to turn black panther into goo with a casual backhand.

And yeah, Thanos smacked him down.

And Corvus Glaive and Proxima are probably my favorite and seem the most efficient of the black order aside from Ebony Maw maybe.

krisblaze
Drax was insane.

He killed his way through a ship of annihilation drones, took out the delinquent, killed Lunatik and the blood brothers.

BD got rekt by BP and Ronan.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Well, he did die, but the art and everything made it look like he was strong enough to tussle with multiple guys at a time who all have enough strength to turn black panther into goo with a casual backhand.

And yeah, Thanos smacked him down.

And Corvus Glaive and Proxima are probably my favorite and seem the most efficient of the black order aside from Ebony Maw maybe.

Proxima had problems with Shuri and her bodyguards, and was unable to put a high meta down. Glaive got killed.

And with Dwarf. Gladiator was having fun with him.

carver9

Don't know why. The girl took out the most people on the team. She is by far the most impressive of the bunch.

carver9
Proxima had problems with Shuri and her bodyguards, and was unable to put a high meta down. Glaive got killed.

And with Dwarf. Gladiator was having fun with him.

Did they beat her?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Don't know why. The girl took out the most people on the team. She is by far the most impressive of the bunch.

Supergiant was female, I agree stick out tongue

They did not beat her, but neither did she beat them.

Again, a famed, cruel general in the deadliest Army in the universe....led by a Death worshipper.

I expected them all to be herald level. Imagine a team of Surfer level threats.

leonidas
maw was by far the coolest. thumb up

ShadowFyre
Glaive died (except he didnt) to Hyperion after showing he could cut both him amd Hulk to shreds if he wanted. and Proxima took down Hulk. Hardly a low showing.

Regardless. Drax wins due to actual feats.

AlmightyKfish
In fairness Proxima later killed Shuri in a fight off-panel.

Either way, Drax ftw.

Far more consistent feats than Dwarf. Plus current Drax is now somewhere between Riddick Drax and dumb Drax. He's stronger than he was as Riddick Drax but still uses knives etc. And his personality has somewhat changed again.

And the reason for that is clearly to synergise w/ MCU Drax, but at least it makes sense in comics as Drax changes and evolves repeatedly.

krisblaze
Supergiant was female, I agree stick out tongue

They did not beat her, but neither did she beat them.

Again, a famed, cruel general in the deadliest Army in the universe....led by a Death worshipper.

I expected them all to be herald level. Imagine a team of Surfer level threats.

Surfer level threats that were beat or stopped by Black Panther and Luke Cage respectively.

Vanguard
Originally posted by krisblaze
Surfer level threats that were beat or stopped by Black Panther and Luke Cage respectively.

Tell me about it. Black Panther can take down Black Dwarf but people here think he loses to Deathstroke.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Vanguard
Tell me about it. Black Panther can take down Black Dwarf but people here think he loses to Deathstroke.

Word!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze

Well, Cage didn't really stop her as such.

It was the bravery of the plucky people of NYC thumb up

Hence, they weren't all that. I DID like Corvus, true. But Maw was still MVP for me.

AsbestosFlaygon
Black Dwarf is so much better than Drax in Marvel Future Fight.

Even if you advance Drax to tier-2, he doesn't stand a chance against Dwarf. You need energy-based attackers to beat Dwarf.

I use Floki, Proxima Midnight, Sharon Rogers T2, Iron Fist T2, and Corvus to clear the play counts.

StiltmanFTW
Games are not canon, but oh well, since you started...

Default Drax would likely lose to BD in Marvel: Avengers Alliance, too. Because of the class disadvantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.