Battle of magic!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Draper
Black alice & Dr. fate
vs.
Fate(jared) & Frankenstien

DCNU Franken. everyone else is pre flashpoint.

GO!

Galan007
Fun fact: Frank possesses no magic at all. smile

Don Draper
None? i thought thats the only reason he was part of the jld?

confused

Galan007
None at all...

http://i.imgur.com/ii2rSde.jpg
"Subject contains no magical energy."

http://i.imgur.com/RygEQbZ.jpg
"There isn't a shred of magic in him."

Frank was included in the JLD because he has a very unique/esoteric set of abilities, which are a corollary of his even more idiosyncratic physiology. He is one of a kind, that's for sure.

Don Draper
Originally posted by Galan007
None at all...

http://i.imgur.com/ii2rSde.jpg
"Subject contains no magical energy."

http://i.imgur.com/RygEQbZ.jpg
"There isn't a shred of magic in him."

Frank was included in the JLD because he has a very unique/esoteric set of abilities, which are a corollary of his even more idiosyncratic physiology. He is one of a kind, that's for sure. Interesting thanks. Who were those people scanning him in those pages? they seemed totally baffeld by him lol.

who do you think wins here?

DarkSaint85
Black Alice could channel Fate, making two trans level characters on the field.

Jared will punch them out.

Galan007
Originally posted by Don Draper
Interesting thanks. Who were those people scanning him in those pages? they seemed totally baffeld by him lol.

who do you think wins here? They were the inhabitants of Epoch -- an other-dimensional planet with an extraordinarily strong magical element to it.

As for this match:
Jared is immune to all magic, and Frank is not magical -- so the only being on the field who Alice can absorb for sure is her own teammate. This is a catch-22, however, because if Alice duped Doctor Fate's magics, he'd be powerless. So this basically boils down to Doctor Fate vs. Jared(Frank is really of no consequence in the long run.) And Jared certainly has showings to suggest he can beat Doctor Fate.

...Now if you've allowed Alice access to her previous powers as well, then it changes things a bit. smile

Don Draper

...Now if you've allowed Alice access to her previous powers as well, then it changes things a bit. smile How so? thought about allowing all her powers but didnt know if that would be over the top.

Galan007
Because she's duped pretty much every noteworthy magical being you can think of -- from Alan Scott, to Zatanna, to Phantom Stranger, to Spectre, to Thunderbolt. She has also duped magical equipment like Dianna's Bracers & Lasso, Doctor Occult's Amulet, Blue Devil's Trident, etc.

Additionally, she HAS accessed the magical abilities of those she's duped in the past, without them being in her vicinity. It would seem that once she's duped a powerset, she retains access to it. So if we're talking *peak* Alice here, she *would* be able to use her previous powers -- in which case, she wins.

DarkSaint85
Because if she can only take Fates, he gets depowered.

beatboks
Because she's duped pretty much every noteworthy magical being you can think of -- from Alan Scott, to Zatanna, to Phantom Stranger, to Spectre, to Thunderbolt. She has also duped magical equipment like Dianna's Bracers & Lasso, Doctor Occult's Amulet, Blue Devil's Trident, etc.

Additionally, she HAS accessed the magical abilities of those she's duped in the past, without them being in her vicinity. It would seem that once she's duped a powerset, she retains access to it. So if we're talking *peak* Alice here, she *would* be able to use her previous powers -- in which case, she wins.

The fact that she Duped Occult lends to the idea that she can possibly dupe Jarred to some degree.
Richard Occult also has an immunity/resistance.

http://rs1232.pbsrc.com/albums/ff368/beatboks01/Dr%20Occult/Black%20Baptism%204%20-%20Page%204.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Here in Black Baptism he drew a magical weapon out of Superman into him because his resistence could handle it.

The question becomes how much whe can and how easily she can use it. Jarred's immunity is noteably greater than Richards and Black Alice had definite control issues using his power because of it. For example she could dimensionally travel using Occults power but had little control over location. She also stated it was hard to use Occults powers (which shes never done for anyone else).

Galan007
It's not that Alice needs to dupe Jared's abilities -- it's that Jared's total immunity to magic would negate most(possibly all) of the powers at her disposal.

I mean, I'd like to think the powers of Spectre or Thunderbolt would be able to bypass Jared's immunity... But then I remember the Nekron scene. ermm

operator616
It's not that Alice needs to dupe Jared's abilities -- it's that Jared's total immunity to magic would negate most(possibly all) of the powers at her disposal.

I mean, I'd like to think the powers of Spectre or Thunderbolt would be able to bypass Jared's immunity... But then I remember the Nekron scene. ermm

The spectre part was asked by a fan in Fate #16 letter's page. The editor seemed to think it would most likely be a stalemate, meaning he is basically immune.

http://imgur.com/j33XmZZ

Jared could be easily hurt by conventional weaponry on the other hand, so Black Alice should be able kill him indirectly (like telekinetically dump a building on him for example).

Galan007
Originally posted by operator616
Jared could be easily hurt by conventional weaponry on the other hand, so Black Alice should be able kill him indirectly (like telekinetically dump a building on him for example). Unless otherwise specified, the forum battlefield defaults to a blank/featureless environment... So there'd be nothing for Alice to drop on Jared or w/e.

I agree with what you're saying, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.