The Real Story of Starkiller?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
It was raised, made concern that there are 4 different adaptations of The Force Unleashed for both titles. These are :

1) The Wii/PSP version
2) The Xbox360/PC/PS3 version
3) The Novel
4) The Comic

Which one, in your opinion depicts the true story of events?

Fated Xtasy
The novel takes precedence over all. All else is supplementary and should be treated as an alternate depiction of what could have been.

(unless this involves audiodrama that where things get messy)

UCanShootMyNova
Novel.

Comic can be used where it doesn't contradict events in the novel.

JKBart
Novel > PC game > Comic > Wii/PSP

cs_zoltan
They were all on the same canon tier back before Disney. So basically they are equal.

Sure you can argue why a specific feat in one version is inaccurate to some degree or entirely, but you can't just arbitrary throw away sources or rank them like Syn does.

If you have a quote that for example puts the novel ahead of any other version like how the movies are above their novels, then sure I accept it. But until then it's just your own preference, and nobody is required to indulge it.

Ziggystardust
Fel creature, there can only be one true story of events. It is true, I haven't seen a quote declaring the novel as a holy scripture above all, so it is up to preference. What is yours?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
They were all on the same canon tier back before Disney. So basically they are equal.

Sure you can argue why a specific feat in one version is inaccurate to some degree or entirely, but you can't just arbitrary throw away sources or rank them like Syn does.

If you have a quote that for example puts the novel ahead of any other version like how the movies are above their novels, then sure I accept it. But until then it's just your own preference, and nobody is required to indulge it.

When there's a source which is a third person unbiased descriptive version of events versus a source which is contradicted not only by its other game counterparts but is never even hinted at in the other sources I know which version I'm going with.

Azronger
If there is a primary source, it is certainly not the novel, which is based on the video game:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b6/TFU_novel_new_cover.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080418182359

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
When there's a source which is a third person unbiased descriptive version of events versus a source which is contradicted not only by its other game counterparts but is never even hinted at in the other sources I know which version I'm going with.

Yes, you are going with the source that best supports your wanking. At least have the courtesy of not denying it...

UCanShootMyNova
Even if I didn't think Galen was underrated this is the stance I'd take.

If we had a text based description of Malgus's fight with the strike team do you think I'd bother to take the game mechanics into account to justify what I think happened?

Hell no! I'd praise Sidious that there was a third person text description and use that as the primary source rather then arguing Malgus choked out HoT and Thor or Nox and Wrath.

darthbane77
The events in each version should be considered canon.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Even if I didn't think Galen was underrated this is the stance I'd take.

If we had a text based description of Malgus's fight with the strike team do you think I'd bother to take the game mechanics into account to justify what I think happened?

Hell no! I'd praise Sidious that there was a third person text description and use that as the primary source rather then arguing Malgus choked out HoT and Thor or Nox and Wrath.

Except I don't use gameplay "feats" from the game, only cutscenes so that fell flat.

Ziggystardust
For each version to be true story of Starkiller you have to be adept in multiverse theory, in which case, every thread he exists in should be titled with a prefix before his name. If you're referring the to wii version of Starkiller, you should address him as Wii Starkiller and only reffer to the chosen medium alone.

Nephthys
It should be the PC/PS/Xbox versions. The story was originally intended as a game and all other versions are merely supplimentary to the original vision.

Trocity
Doesn't Galen legitimately pull and smash the star destroyer into the planet in the Wii version, instead of just dipping one side of it to guide it down?

Makes Vader's Force feats against him on the Wii way more impressive, lol.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
It should be the PC/PS/Xbox versions. The story was originally intended as a game and all other versions are merely supplimentary to the original vision.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys

"It was conceived as a video game so we should stick to the video game...except the Wii version."

lmao

UCanShootMyNova
Except I don't use gameplay "feats" from the game, only cutscenes so that fell flat.

It's a scripted event.

FreshestSlice
No, it isn't.

Jmanghan
Except I don't use gameplay "feats" from the game, only cutscenes so that fell flat. QTE's as well?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by TrIgOnOMetRY
yes, it is, unless u like analyzing cutscenes and gameplay lmao
Not even remotely. Flowery novel descriptions, like Starkiller skin looking like "molten lava" are par the course. That is not easier to analyze.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
QTE's as well?

No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.