KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Real Story of Starkiller?

The Real Story of Starkiller?
Started by: Ziggystardust

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Real Story of Starkiller?

It was raised, made concern that there are 4 different adaptations of The Force Unleashed for both titles. These are :

1) The Wii/PSP version
2) The Xbox360/PC/PS3 version
3) The Novel
4) The Comic

Which one, in your opinion depicts the true story of events?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

The novel takes precedence over all. All else is supplementary and should be treated as an alternate depiction of what could have been.

(unless this involves audiodrama that where things get messy)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Novel.

Comic can be used where it doesn't contradict events in the novel.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 03:41 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Novel > PC game > Comic > Wii/PSP

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 03:50 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

They were all on the same canon tier back before Disney. So basically they are equal.

Sure you can argue why a specific feat in one version is inaccurate to some degree or entirely, but you can't just arbitrary throw away sources or rank them like Syn does.

If you have a quote that for example puts the novel ahead of any other version like how the movies are above their novels, then sure I accept it. But until then it's just your own preference, and nobody is required to indulge it.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 04:10 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fel creature, there can only be one true story of events. It is true, I haven't seen a quote declaring the novel as a holy scripture above all, so it is up to preference. What is yours?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
They were all on the same canon tier back before Disney. So basically they are equal.

Sure you can argue why a specific feat in one version is inaccurate to some degree or entirely, but you can't just arbitrary throw away sources or rank them like Syn does.

If you have a quote that for example puts the novel ahead of any other version like how the movies are above their novels, then sure I accept it. But until then it's just your own preference, and nobody is required to indulge it.

When there's a source which is a third person unbiased descriptive version of events versus a source which is contradicted not only by its other game counterparts but is never even hinted at in the other sources I know which version I'm going with.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 04:34 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

If there is a primary source, it is certainly not the novel, which is based on the video game:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
When there's a source which is a third person unbiased descriptive version of events versus a source which is contradicted not only by its other game counterparts but is never even hinted at in the other sources I know which version I'm going with.

Yes, you are going with the source that best supports your wanking. At least have the courtesy of not denying it...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 04:41 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Even if I didn't think Galen was underrated this is the stance I'd take.

If we had a text based description of Malgus's fight with the strike team do you think I'd bother to take the game mechanics into account to justify what I think happened?

Hell no! I'd praise Sidious that there was a third person text description and use that as the primary source rather then arguing Malgus choked out HoT and Thor or Nox and Wrath.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 04:44 PM
darthbane77

The events in each version should be considered canon.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 05:28 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Even if I didn't think Galen was underrated this is the stance I'd take.

If we had a text based description of Malgus's fight with the strike team do you think I'd bother to take the game mechanics into account to justify what I think happened?

Hell no! I'd praise Sidious that there was a third person text description and use that as the primary source rather then arguing Malgus choked out HoT and Thor or Nox and Wrath.

Except I don't use gameplay "feats" from the game, only cutscenes so that fell flat.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 05:32 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

For each version to be true story of Starkiller you have to be adept in multiverse theory, in which case, every thread he exists in should be titled with a prefix before his name. If you're referring the to wii version of Starkiller, you should address him as Wii Starkiller and only reffer to the chosen medium alone.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 05:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It should be the PC/PS/Xbox versions. The story was originally intended as a game and all other versions are merely supplimentary to the original vision.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Doesn't Galen legitimately pull and smash the star destroyer into the planet in the Wii version, instead of just dipping one side of it to guide it down?

Makes Vader's Force feats against him on the Wii way more impressive, lol.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
It should be the PC/PS/Xbox versions. The story was originally intended as a game and all other versions are merely supplimentary to the original vision.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys

"It was conceived as a video game so we should stick to the video game...except the Wii version."

lmao

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 06:29 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Except I don't use gameplay "feats" from the game, only cutscenes so that fell flat.

It's a scripted event.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 06:57 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No, it isn't.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 09:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

QTE's as well?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote