Galen and Vader run the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
RotJ Vader, Galen gets Starkiller II feats
15 meters starting distance
Full recovery, winner is determined by majority

Trash: Darth Bane
1. Exar Kun
2. SoR Revan
3. Novel Vitiate
4. Darth Caedus
5. Darth Krayt
6. Darth Plagueis
7. RotS Sidious
8. TFU Sidious
9. RotJ Sidious
10. DE Sidious
11. Luke

Ursumeles
Also, Caedus>Revan/Novel Vitate pleases me smile

The Ellimist
Vitiate's incompetence stunts his position. smile

Ursumeles
yes

Deronn_solo

Trocity

UCanShootMyNova

The Ellimist
I'd say Galen and TFU Vader couldn't beat TFU Sidious, given that Vader never really considered trying. Somewhat arbitrarily I'd say that they would split or lose somewhat to RotS Sidious. But Vader has improved by RotJ, probably moreso than Sidious has given that he has more room to grow. It probably isn't enough to close the gap and give them the win over RotJ Sidious, but I'd say it could give them a slight edge over TFU Sidious. I dunno.

UCanShootMyNova
He did actually. The campaign guide actually notes that he was originally planning to overthrow the Emperor with Galen but Sidious found out. It's noted in the novel that Vader hesitates to betray the apprentice the first time around.

chingchangwalla
1, hell even Bane gives them trouble.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He did actually. The campaign guide actually notes that he was originally planning to overthrow the Emperor with Galen but Sidious found out. It's noted in the novel that Vader hesitates to betray the apprentice the first time around.

So his claim that he had never intended to was just hot air?

Regardless, if he planned to eventually carry through, he didn't seem confident that Galen was strong enough yet.

UCanShootMyNova
According the campaign guide, yeah.

True enough and he wasn't ( or he shouldn't have been ) by that point in the game. I imagine by the second betrayal Vader just didn't have enough confidence in Galen's loyalty given Galen was thinking of using the Rebellion as his own tool to overthrow both Vader and the Emperor.

The Ellimist
Even if Vader doubted Galen's loyalty, he'd still side with him over Sidious if he thought they could win.

But it's possible that he was just being risk adverse, and thought that they had, like 55% odds but didn't want to take them.

Then there's things from the Emperor's viewpoint; he didn't seem worried that they could gang up on him, but then again he didn't seem to know how powerful Galen was.

UCanShootMyNova
That's true as well. He seems pleasantly surprised after Galen defeats Vader. As if he was expecting another sadistic pleasure show but instead got an opportunity for a possible successor.

BazookaMaster

Azronger
They only beat 3, 4, and Bane. Die to the rest.

UCanShootMyNova
Feats and scaling would say differently.

Azronger
*your interpretations of feats and scaling.

UCanShootMyNova
The depicted third person events in continuity*

Azronger
*your interpretations of them.

Deronn_solo
Azronger is approaching Ching level kek'ness, lmao.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Azronger
They only beat 3, 4, and Bane. Die to the rest.
Vader alone could be enough for 1 and 2, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.