KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen and Vader run the gauntlet

Galen and Vader run the gauntlet
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Galen and Vader run the gauntlet

RotJ Vader, Galen gets Starkiller II feats
15 meters starting distance
Full recovery, winner is determined by majority

Trash: Darth Bane
1. Exar Kun
2. SoR Revan
3. Novel Vitiate
4. Darth Caedus
5. Darth Krayt
6. Darth Plagueis
7. RotS Sidious
8. TFU Sidious
9. RotJ Sidious
10. DE Sidious
11. Luke

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Also, Caedus>Revan/Novel Vitate pleases me smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Vitiate's incompetence stunts his position. smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:09 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

yes

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 08:09 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I'd say Galen and TFU Vader couldn't beat TFU Sidious, given that Vader never really considered trying. Somewhat arbitrarily I'd say that they would split or lose somewhat to RotS Sidious. But Vader has improved by RotJ, probably moreso than Sidious has given that he has more room to grow. It probably isn't enough to close the gap and give them the win over RotJ Sidious, but I'd say it could give them a slight edge over TFU Sidious. I dunno.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 06:39 AM
UCanShootMyNova

He did actually. The campaign guide actually notes that he was originally planning to overthrow the Emperor with Galen but Sidious found out. It's noted in the novel that Vader hesitates to betray the apprentice the first time around.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 07:57 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

1, hell even Bane gives them trouble.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 07:57 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He did actually. The campaign guide actually notes that he was originally planning to overthrow the Emperor with Galen but Sidious found out. It's noted in the novel that Vader hesitates to betray the apprentice the first time around.

So his claim that he had never intended to was just hot air?

Regardless, if he planned to eventually carry through, he didn't seem confident that Galen was strong enough yet.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 07:58 AM
UCanShootMyNova

According the campaign guide, yeah.

True enough and he wasn't ( or he shouldn't have been ) by that point in the game. I imagine by the second betrayal Vader just didn't have enough confidence in Galen's loyalty given Galen was thinking of using the Rebellion as his own tool to overthrow both Vader and the Emperor.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Oct 5th, 2016 at 08:22 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 08:11 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Even if Vader doubted Galen's loyalty, he'd still side with him over Sidious if he thought they could win.

But it's possible that he was just being risk adverse, and thought that they had, like 55% odds but didn't want to take them.

Then there's things from the Emperor's viewpoint; he didn't seem worried that they could gang up on him, but then again he didn't seem to know how powerful Galen was.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 08:21 AM
UCanShootMyNova

That's true as well. He seems pleasantly surprised after Galen defeats Vader. As if he was expecting another sadistic pleasure show but instead got an opportunity for a possible successor.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 08:23 AM
BazookaMaster

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 01:12 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

They only beat 3, 4, and Bane. Die to the rest.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Feats and scaling would say differently.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 03:26 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

*your interpretations of feats and scaling.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The depicted third person events in continuity*

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 03:31 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

*your interpretations of them.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 03:32 PM