What is the best comic you've ever bought?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jake2TheJakenin
Personally, for me, it would be a copy of Andre the Giant: Life & Legend off of Amazon.

riv6672
Nearly impossible to choose.

Don Draper
Death of superman tpb. Still love it to this day.

tkitna
The Infinity Gauntlet

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Nearly impossible to choose.

Same. I know the greatest trade. Probably COIE.

Digi
Planetary

Galan007
DC One Million and Kingdom Come.... For basically the same reasons mentioned in my "Your First..." thread.

wuleecat
2000AD issue 1 in 1977, when I was eleven. Up until then comics to me meant The Beano and The Dandy, with characters like Dennis the Menace (and his dog Gnasher) and the Bash Street Kids. Hilarious, with lots of jokes about bogies and eating big bags of sweets, but pretty tame.
And then I open 2000AD and there are time-travelling dinosaur-hunters, jetpack-wearing basketball players and an updated Dan Dare battling acid-spewing slime-beasts that eat people's brains.
And Judge Dredd didn't even appear until issue 2, so it got even BETTER!
That changed my idea of what comics are forever.

Khazra Reborn
Probably the 1st Invincible Compendium, I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading anything more.

Endless Mike
Original Secret Wars TPB

BruceSkywalker
over 40 years of buying comic books..'

too many to name

Insane Titan
Iron man 55

Cogito
Originally posted by Don Draper
Death of superman tpb. Still love it to this day.

thumb up

Dreampanther
Don't know about best, but my favourite is probably still The Dark Knight Returns. Hard to believe it's more than 30 years old. When I first bought it, I was a huge Batman fan. I still am, but now I have other favorites too. That scene at the end where he beat the snot out of Superman was one of the best things I had ever read up to then and it will always be one of my most defining comic book moments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.