KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What is the best comic you've ever bought?

What is the best comic you've ever bought?
Started by: Jake2TheJakenin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jake2TheJakenin
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is the best comic you've ever bought?

Personally, for me, it would be a copy of Andre the Giant: Life & Legend off of Amazon.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 07:32 PM
Jake2TheJakenin is currently offline Click here to Send Jake2TheJakenin a Private Message Find more posts by Jake2TheJakenin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nearly impossible to choose.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

Death of superman tpb. Still love it to this day.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:32 PM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

The Infinity Gauntlet

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 11:22 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Nearly impossible to choose.

Same. I know the greatest trade. Probably COIE.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 12:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Planetary

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 02:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

DC One Million and Kingdom Come.... For basically the same reasons mentioned in my "Your First..." thread.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 03:05 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

2000AD issue 1 in 1977, when I was eleven. Up until then comics to me meant The Beano and The Dandy, with characters like Dennis the Menace (and his dog Gnasher) and the Bash Street Kids. Hilarious, with lots of jokes about bogies and eating big bags of sweets, but pretty tame.
And then I open 2000AD and there are time-travelling dinosaur-hunters, jetpack-wearing basketball players and an updated Dan Dare battling acid-spewing slime-beasts that eat people's brains.
And Judge Dredd didn't even appear until issue 2, so it got even BETTER!
That changed my idea of what comics are forever.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 08:05 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Probably the 1st Invincible Compendium, I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading anything more.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 01:03 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Original Secret Wars TPB

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 04:27 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

over 40 years of buying comic books..'

too many to name

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 07:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Iron man 55

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 10:35 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Don Draper
Death of superman tpb. Still love it to this day.

thumb up

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 12:45 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Don't know about best, but my favourite is probably still The Dark Knight Returns. Hard to believe it's more than 30 years old. When I first bought it, I was a huge Batman fan. I still am, but now I have other favorites too. That scene at the end where he beat the snot out of Superman was one of the best things I had ever read up to then and it will always be one of my most defining comic book moments.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 11:22 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote