CW Deathstroke vs MCU Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
Slade has the Mirakuru. Standard gear, in-character but no jobbing, start 20 yards apart, and the fight is to the death. Takes place in a large warehouse.

Who wins and why?

FrothByte
Pretty sure this has been done before. Slade wins. Cap has better speed, agility and fighting skills but Slade's durability is too high up.

TheVaultDweller
His durability isn't above being damaged by Cap's shield though.

carthage
Cap wins

TheVaultDweller
I think a bigger factor is DS' weaponry. Slade's standard gear on that suit includes grenades, a sidearm, and a sword. And he is very competent with all of them. He was elite special forces long before he ever became a super soldier. Though Steve showed he can deal with a well-armed opponent in WS. This would actually be an interesting fight, IMO.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

but his healing makes up the difference.

TheVaultDweller
His healing isn't that great. He couldn't regenerate his eye, for example, after however many months. I mean we get told he has healing, but we never actually really see it in action. Only example of Mirakuru healing I can recall is when Roy got cut by that falling glass, but it was still a couple of hours at least before the cut fully healed. It's not like Wolverine/Lizard/Deadpool insta-healing, which makes a big difference over the course of a fight.

KingD19
Cap's shield will chop off body parts.

FrothByte

You'll have to prove that. Mirakuru soldiers can tank multiple gunshots at point blank range. One got hit and run over by a van and just got up. Plus standard gear means Slade gets his bulletproof armor. And while Cap can probably damage him eventually, it will make it very hard and not without exposing himself to Slade's weaponry.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
You'll have to prove that. Mirakuru soldiers can tank multiple gunshots at point blank range. One got hit and run over by a van and just got up. Plus standard gear means Slade gets his bulletproof armor. And while Cap can probably damage him eventually, it will make it very hard and not without exposing himself to Slade's weaponry.

Yet a thin needle could pierce them to give them the cure, and a piece of glass cut Roy, so their durability is inconsistent. At highest end, their skin was described as "concrete" tough. Cap tossed Ultron through a concrete pillar without visibly damaging him, yet he managed to cut a good couple of inches into his chest with his shield. Cap has also damaged things like Winter Soldier's metal arm, using a shield strike. An arm which can punch through concrete, dent thick steel doors, and has tanked gunfire on multiple occasions. And that's ignoring the other times he has cut through things like steel cables etc. with his shield.

And I already pointed out Slade's gear is a bigger factor, in a later post. Cap has dealt with a well-armed Winter Soldier before, but they basically stalemated during the highway fight (they were still facing off when Falcon and Black Widow stepped in). And Slade is good enough with his sword that he can deflect arrows shot at him with it. Which is why I said this would be an interesting match.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap's shield will chop off body parts.

I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely think clean strikes would do damage to Slade.

FrothByte
Yet a thin needle could pierce them to give them the cure, and a piece of glass cut Roy, so their durability is inconsistent. At highest end, their skin was described as "concrete" tough. Cap tossed Ultron through a concrete pillar without visibly damaging him, yet he managed to cut a good couple of inches into his chest with his shield. Cap has also damaged things like Winter Soldier's metal arm, using a shield strike. An arm which can punch through concrete, dent thick steel doors, and has tanked gunfire on multiple occasions. And that's ignoring the other times he has cut through things like steel cables etc. with his shield.

And I already pointed out Slade's gear is a bigger factor, in a later post. Cap has dealt with a well-armed Winter Soldier before, but they basically stalemated during the highway fight (they were still facing off when Falcon and Black Widow stepped in). And Slade is good enough with his sword that he can deflect arrows shot at him with it. Which is why I said this would be an interesting match.

The big difference is that Slade is far more durable than Cap. As hard as Cap can hit with that shield remember that it didn't seriously hurt Bucky without multiple hits. And so while Cap can hurt Slade with his shield, it will need multiple hits to do anything serious whereas Slade only needs a few hits with his swords or guns to give him the edge on Cap.

TheVaultDweller
The big difference is that Slade is far more durable than Cap. As hard as Cap can hit with that shield remember that it didn't seriously hurt Bucky without multiple hits. And so while Cap can hurt Slade with his shield, it will need multiple hits to do anything serious whereas Slade only needs a few hits with his swords or guns to give him the edge on Cap.

And landing those hits won't be easy. When Cap was actively defending, Winter Soldier never managed to tag Steve with either guns or knife during the highway scene, and only got a glancing shot during the final showdown. And he was using two pistols at that point, shooting one at Steve's head and another at his side, forcing him to block the critical one to score a hit on another area. And he connected the knife stab to the shoulder by overpowering Steve with his metal arm. Slade needs to land less hits, but I see Cap actually landing more.

Surtur
I don't think the fact Cap needed multiple hits with the shield to do serious harm to Bucky is a bad thing. Since Bucky has the SS serum as well.

Since I don't think Slade is vastly more durable..given some of the shit they survived in Civil War.

FrothByte
And landing those hits won't be easy. When Cap was actively defending, Winter Soldier never managed to tag Steve with either guns or knife during the highway scene, and only got a glancing shot during the final showdown. And he was using two pistols at that point, shooting one at Steve's head and another at his side, forcing him to block the critical one to score a hit on another area. And he connected the knife stab to the shoulder by overpowering Steve with his metal arm. Slade needs to land less hits, but I see Cap actually landing more.

Though I agree that Cap is more skilled, that difference in skill is not as big as their difference in durability. Slade was already exceptionally skilled before being enhanced. Cap was not. And there's a big difference between blocking a single knife and blocking 2 swords. When was the last time Cap tried blocking hits from someone with a longer weapon than him?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think the fact Cap needed multiple hits with the shield to do serious harm to Bucky is a bad thing. Since Bucky has the SS serum as well.

Since I don't think Slade is vastly more durable..given some of the shit they survived in Civil War.

So you think Cap or Bucky can take 4-5 gunshots at point blank range and not even look like they got hurt?

Surtur
So you think Cap or Bucky can take 4-5 gunshots at point blank range and not even look like they got hurt?

Hmm, no they can't that is a good point. I guess I was just thinking about all the falls and hits they took in Civil War, especially at the end with their fight with Tony.

Silent Master
DS might have better piercing durability feats, but Cap has far better blunt and energy durability feats.

TheVaultDweller
Though I agree that Cap is more skilled, that difference in skill is not as big as their difference in durability. Slade was already exceptionally skilled before being enhanced. Cap was not. And there's a big difference between blocking a single knife and blocking 2 swords. When was the last time Cap tried blocking hits from someone with a longer weapon than him?

Did he ever dual wield swords in the show as Deathstroke? I honestly can't recall any instances. I only ever remember him packing a single sword. He only had one sword when he invaded the Team Arrow hideout, or when he stopped the prison transport to recruit some soldiers for the Mirakuru treatment, or during the S2 finale. Even when Oliver and the rest were taken by the aliens, during the crossover in S5, the dream Deathstroke only had a single sword. Plus, for all we know, that sword might very well break if it keeps impacting Cap's shield with superhuman force. And, to answer that last question, he was fending off Rhodey's baton, without that much trouble IIRC, during Civil War.

FrothByte
Did he ever dual wield swords in the show as Deathstroke? I honestly can't recall any instances. I only ever remember him packing a single sword. He only had one sword when he invaded the Team Arrow hideout, or when he stopped the prison transport to recruit some soldiers for the Mirakuru treatment, or during the S2 finale. Even when Oliver and the rest were taken by the aliens, during the crossover in S5, the dream Deathstroke only had a single sword. Plus, for all we know, that sword might very well break if it keeps impacting Cap's shield with superhuman force. And, to answer that last question, he was fending off Rhodey's baton, without that much trouble IIRC, during Civil War.

He dual wielded as Slade Wilson back in the island, but you're right, as Deathstroke he only ever used 1 sword. Cap didn't exactly do that much fending off of Rhodey's baton. He blocked it once and kicked Rhodey then the baton broke. Other times he fought opponents with longer weapons was vs. Loki and Rumlow... and he got tagged in those fights. Granted, there were other factors in those fights, but the point I'm raising is that Cap isn't unhittable. He's going to get tagged by DS whether by his sword or gun. And Cap can't just shrug off DS's hits like DS can shrug off Cap's hits.

Again I should point out, not only does DS have his own durability, he has his bulletproof suit that had bullets and arrows just bouncing off them.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
DS might have better piercing durability feats, but Cap has far better blunt and energy durability feats.

Slade survived an entire ship exploding around him while he had an arrow in his eye. One of his henchmen got hit and run over by a van and was completely fine. Roy had a steel tower grid (sorry don't know what it's called) fall on his back and he was fine. Energy durability won't matter because noone packs energy weapons in this fight.

KingD19
And Stroke will get tagged by the shield that can cut his limbs off.

Silent Master
Dom survived being in an exploding airplane in Fast 6. was Slade actually shown being directly hit with the explosive?

TheVaultDweller
He dual wielded as Slade Wilson back in the island, but you're right, as Deathstroke he only ever used 1 sword. Cap didn't exactly do that much fending off of Rhodey's baton. He blocked it once and kicked Rhodey then the baton broke. Other times he fought opponents with longer weapons was vs. Loki and Rumlow... and he got tagged in those fights. Granted, there were other factors in those fights, but the point I'm raising is that Cap isn't unhittable. He's going to get tagged by DS whether by his sword or gun. And Cap can't just shrug off DS's hits like DS can shrug off Cap's hits.

Loki is stronger than either Slade or Cap, and his staff has even greater range than a sword. Also, Rumlow was in fact dual wielding (I am assuming you mean the elevator scene), and Steve wasn't using his shield at all. So, not the best examples. And what makes you think he can just "shrug off" Cap's hits? Even the hits that didn't severely damage the likes of Winter Soldier, Black Panther etc. still sent them flying back or knocked them down. Also, Steve isn't stupid. He is a very tactical fighter. If he sees his opponent has a notable advantage somewhere, he will try to remove it. Like when he disarmed Bucky of his knives during the highway fight in CA:TWS (and tried to disable his mech arm), or damaged IM's boot to take away his flight in CA:CW, or when he took Rumlow's mech arms off during their CA:CW fight (which is another example of him fending off longer blades, and without his shield to boot).

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
And Stroke will get tagged by the shield that can cut his limbs off.

Prove that it can cut his limbs off when it wasn't cutting SHIELD/Hydra agents limbs off.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Silent Master
Dom survived being in an exploding airplane in Fast 6. was Slade actually shown being directly hit with the explosive?

Not that I can remember. And, while it was not Slade himself, two of his Mirakuru soldiers got KO'd when one of Oliver's green-light explosive arrows blew up in their face. And the blast didn't even appear to be grenade level.

FrothByte
Loki is stronger than either Slade or Cap, and his staff has even greater range than a sword. Also, Rumlow was in fact dual wielding (I am assuming you mean the elevator scene), and Steve wasn't using his shield at all. So, not the best examples. And what makes you think he can just "shrug off" Cap's hits? Even the hits that didn't severely damage the likes of Winter Soldier, Black Panther etc. still sent them flying back or knocked them down. Also, Steve isn't stupid. He is a very tactical fighter. If he sees his opponent has a notable advantage somewhere, he will try to remove it. Like when he disarmed Bucky of his knives during the highway fight in CA:TWS (and tried to disable his mech arm), or damaged IM's boot to take away his flight in CA:CW, or when he took Rumlow's mech arms off during their CA:CW fight (which is another example of him fending off longer blades, and without his shield to boot).

Ok so let me get this straight. You're telling me that a person who's bulletproof (with armor), can tank getting hit with speeding vans, is armed with numerous guns, a sword and probably a few knives, has super strength enough to easily throw around crates, and has skills enough to make him one of the best fighters in the Arrowverse (a show that has numerous skilled fighters) is going to lose to Cap?

And you're basing this all on the assumption that Cap's shield is going to hurt him despite us having no evidence that the shield can harm him through his combined armor and natural durability. I mean, what's your basis for thinking Cap can injure him enough to count as a win?

KingD19
Prove that it can cut his limbs off when it wasn't cutting SHIELD/Hydra agents limbs off.

The shield cut a Chitauri's arm cannon clean off with not much effort.

Bucky chucked it so hard it cut through a van.

Cap threw it hard enough and used it hard enough to destroy a Quinjet.

Let's not act like Cap would go around chopping off regular peoples body parts. Slade is another story though.

TheVaultDweller
Ok so let me get this straight. You're telling me that a person who's bulletproof (with armor), can tank getting hit with speeding vans, is armed with numerous guns, a sword and probably a few knives, has super strength enough to easily throw around crates, and has skills enough to make him one of the best fighters in the Arrowverse (a show that has numerous skilled fighters) is going to lose to Cap?

And you're basing this all on the assumption that Cap's shield is going to hurt him despite us having no evidence that the shield can harm him through his combined armor and natural durability. I mean, what's your basis for thinking Cap can injure him enough to count as a win?

Firstly where did I say he loses? I said it's an interesting fight. I haven't decided who I think wins. So please, stop trying to strawman my statements. And no evidence? Really? So, Cap being able to damage Iron Man, Ultron, Winter Soldier's metal arm, cut through elevator cables, bust through locks etc. is "no evidence"? Okay then.

Also, Slade used one gun (which he only ever used once as DS), used one sword, and had grenades (which he never used). So, you're also exaggerating his arsenal.

Weren't you the guy who brought up that Cap cut one of the Iron Legion in half with a shield toss, and severed a Chitauri arm, when asked about Cap decapitating a person with a single, clean shield strike? (it was in the Ancient One gauntlet I made)

You also seemed confident that Cap could do notable damage to Luke Cage, using his shield, in the Cap vs Luke Cage thread from a while back, but here you are claiming Slade can "shrug off" his hits. You know, Luke, the guy who has tanked getting hit by a speeding SUV without even budging, walked out of an exploding bar without a scratch on him, has tanked more bullets than all the Mirakuru soldiers combined, and is strong enough to cave a dumpster in by pressing on it, completely knock over a gallery support pillar while injured, casually bend gun barrels, punch through concrete and steel etc.

Just trying to understand your logic here.

BruceSkywalker
Cap after a long fight

FrothByte
Firstly where did I say he loses? I said it's an interesting fight. I haven't decided who I think wins. So please, stop trying to strawman my statements. And no evidence? Really? So, Cap being able to damage Iron Man, Ultron, Winter Soldier's metal arm, cut through elevator cables, bust through locks etc. is "no evidence"? Okay then.

Also, Slade used one gun (which he only ever used once as DS), used one sword, and had grenades (which he never used). So, you're also exaggerating his arsenal.

Weren't you the guy who brought up that Cap cut one of the Iron Legion in half with a shield toss, and severed a Chitauri arm, when asked about Cap decapitating a person with a single, clean shield strike? (it was in the Ancient One gauntlet I made)

You also seemed confident that Cap could do notable damage to Luke Cage, using his shield, in the Cap vs Luke Cage thread from a while back, but here you are claiming Slade can "shrug off" his hits. You know, Luke, the guy who has tanked getting hit by a speeding SUV without even budging, walked out of an exploding bar without a scratch on him, has tanked more bullets than all the Mirakuru soldiers combined, and is strong enough to cave a dumpster in by pressing on it, completely knock over a gallery support pillar while injured, casually bend gun barrels, punch through concrete and steel etc.

Just trying to understand your logic here.

Luke Cage has been shown to get hurt with enough blunt force. I have yet to see Slade get hurt with enough blunt force especially while in his armor. Luke Cage's skill is also nowhere near Deathsroke's, nor is he armed with a gun, grenades or a sword. Give Luke Cage DS's skill and weapons and I'd back him up in a fight against Cap too.

You're right, I did mention how Cap cut through ultronbots and chitauri. I'll take back that argument then.

Let me put it this way instead: Cap needed repeated hits to damage IM, plus help from Bucky plus IM not taking him seriously at first. Cap's shield did minimal damage to Bucky's arm, not enough to end the fight. For what it's worth, I'm not saying Cap can't hurt Slade, I'm saying he won't be able to injure him enough before Cap gets taken out.

TheVaultDweller
Luke Cage has been shown to get hurt with enough blunt force. I have yet to see Slade get hurt with enough blunt force especially while in his armor. Luke Cage's skill is also nowhere near Deathsroke's, nor is he armed with a gun, grenades or a sword. Give Luke Cage DS's skill and weapons and I'd back him up in a fight against Cap too.

Yet he has other, better, durability feats than Slade. Which logically means the force that actually hurt him must be greater than the other things he soaked up. At one point Diamondback hit Cage so hard he flew back into a van, and actually knocked the van backwards a bit. Slade has never had to take repeated hits from someone as strong as Diamondback. I don't see Slade taking his punches any better than Luke did. And, in the end of that fight, it's not like Luke was really in that bad of shape. He had a bit of blood in his mouth/on his lip (which he wiped away with a tissue), but then walked off with Claire, without showing any other signs of pain, injury, or discomfort.

You're right, I did mention how Cap cut through ultronbots and chitauri. I'll take back that argument then.

Let me put it this way instead: Cap needed repeated hits to damage IM, plus help from Bucky plus IM not taking him seriously at first. Cap's shield did minimal damage to Bucky's arm, not enough to end the fight. For what it's worth, I'm not saying Cap can't hurt Slade, I'm saying he won't be able to injure him enough before Cap gets taken out.

Well, I never said it would be easy to dish out the damage required. I also don't see any limb severing happening (as I mentioned earlier). But I am also considering the fact that Cap has consistently pulled off the seemingly impossible, and often fights well above his perceived weight class. He's done it enough times that it can be considered a character trait of his. Even before the serum, he was pushing through military drills and training despite having an extremely long list of physical ailments and problems. And, as mentioned previously, he often does things to try and even up the odds in fights. And Slade was arrogant while on Mirakuru, and very much unhinged. Those things also factor into how a fight would go.

FrothByte
Yet he has other, better, durability feats than Slade. Which logically means the force that actually hurt him must be greater than the other things he soaked up. At one point Diamondback hit Cage so hard he flew back into a van, and actually knocked the van backwards a bit. Slade has never had to take repeated hits from someone as strong as Diamondback. I don't see Slade taking his punches any better than Luke did. And, in the end of that fight, it's not like Luke was really in that bad of shape. He had a bit of blood in his mouth/on his lip (which he wiped away with a tissue), but then walked off with Claire, without showing any other signs of pain, injury, or discomfort.

Well, I never said it would be easy to dish out the damage required. I also don't see any limb severing happening (as I mentioned earlier). But I am also considering the fact that Cap has consistently pulled off the seemingly impossible, and often fights well above his perceived weight class. He's done it enough times that it can be considered a character trait of his. Even before the serum, he was pushing through military drills and training despite having an extremely long list of physical ailments and problems. And, as mentioned previously, he often does things to try and even up the odds in fights. And Slade was arrogant while on Mirakuru, and very much unhinged. Those things also factor into how a fight would go.

I'm not even sure if you're disagreeing with me on anything here. My point being, IMO there's only a small gap in skill and speed between Cap and DS whereas there's a huge gap in durability. Cap is at a disadvantage in this fight.

The reason I gave Cap the win against Luke Cage is due to a huge advantage in skill. That advantage is not present in this fight.

Arachnid1
I agree with Froth. He struggles, but Deathstroke takes it.

TheVaultDweller
I'm not even sure if you're disagreeing with me on anything here. My point being, IMO there's only a small gap in skill and speed between Cap and DS whereas there's a huge gap in durability. Cap is at a disadvantage in this fight.

The reason I gave Cap the win against Luke Cage is due to a huge advantage in skill. That advantage is not present in this fight.

We're agreed on things like personal durability being different. I just think Cap has shown enough ability and combat intelligence across 5 films that a durability advantage isn't a guaranteed autowin for the other guy. Also, as I pointed out, he has defended against various types of guns on several occasions, knives, and even longer blades, so Slade having a weapon advantage is also debatable (a physics-defying nigh-indestructible shield is no joke). In things like TFA and TWS, Steve actually used enemy weapons against them, after taking them off them (For example, he killed one HYDRA soldier with a knife taken from another in TFA, and used a grenade he took from one soldier to take out a couple others in TWS). I never said Slade would decisively lose this. Out of 10, I would potentially give him a majority. But I wouldn't be surprised if Cap could also eek out a couple of wins as well.

Nibedicus
I watched some scenes if DS fighting in YT but w/c scenes would you say clinch this fight in his favor durability-wise and puts him at Cap-lvl strength/speed-wise?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I watched some scenes if DS fighting in YT but w/c scenes would you say clinch this fight in his favor durability-wise and puts him at Cap-lvl strength/speed-wise?

Well, a lot of feats are scaled off his soldiers (he had an army of Mirakuru soldiers invading the city at the end of s2). But Slade himself has tanked gunfire without any discomfort while wearing his armour, snapped a rifle in half, and punched a hole in a man's chest, as well as sending other individuals flying with hits/kicks. I would still give Cap the edge in terms of overall strength and fighting speed feats, but Slade is also fast enough that he could use his sword to deflect multiple arrows shot at him with it.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Just adding to what Vault said, a lot of the feats will be based off his Mirakuru soldiers, which used his blood to gain their strength and (we're led to believe - at least if I remember this correctly) are watered-down versions of himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.