Most incompetent Military force in film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
After watching Red Dawn watching the Red army get annihilated by Charlie Sheen, what are some of the kostbincompetently run military forces in movies? Were the troops poorly trained and killed over and over, or were the leaders complete blockheads?

TheOneFirestorm
The Military of the embarrassment Godzilla (1998)
They do more damage to New York City than the Gigantic Lizard, kept a video about the Gigantic lizard in a plain view area which a reporter easily finds and a news station broadcasts, repeatedly the Gigantic lizard disappears which is hugely surprising, and they didn't destroy all eggs of Godzilla because the ending shows a lizard hatching out of a Egg.
Also it is a reporter and others that discover the Eggs not the United States Military.

relentless1
Imperial Forces circa Star Wars episodes 4-6

they got beat by ****in teddy bears for christ sake

Kazenji
Originally posted by relentless1

they got beat by ****in teddy bears for christ sake

Because the Empire deemed the Ewoks to be harmless & also the Rebellion were best at guerilla warfare style tactics.

Flyattractor
And the Seperatist Army got beat by JAR JAR.

SO yeah...Ewoks were ****ing Cool in comparison.

Never really got the Hipster Millennial hate that sprung up for ROTJ, other then My Star Wars is Cool and their Star Wars sucked being the reason.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
And the Seperatist Army got beat by JAR JAR.

More like Kid Anakin beat them.

steverules_2
Beaten by a 10 year old

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
More like Kid Anakin beat them.

Which just goes to back up my statement about the Ewok Hatred.

-Pr-
Ewoks were savage little ****ers that ATE stormtroopers. They're more than just teddy bears.

==

The rank and file soldiers of Gondor were kinda crap. The rangers were good though.

Ridley_Prime
What made it bad on the Imperials' part was that it was their and the emperor's best elite commando troops that got mauled by them. I don't hate the Ewoks though.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ewoks were savage little ****ers that ATE stormtroopers. They're more than just teddy bears.

==

The rank and file soldiers of Gondor were kinda crap. The rangers were good though.

Sauron's Orcs were pretty shit too. They way the fought reminded me of the fight scenes from the old Hercules and Xena shows.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
What made it bad on the Imperials' part was that it was their and the emperor's best elite commando troops that got mauled by them. I don't hate the Ewoks though.

Yeah they were supposedly the "Elite" but you could probably put that down to Propoganda and utter Bullshit. The Empire was supposed to be utterly corrupt and pretty much incompetent due to their crazy level of bureaucratic nonsense fudging everything up.
So it makes sense that the SW Troopers would be kind of crap in reality.

playa1258
Imperial forces are pretty damn bad. Yet there is hardcore Star Wars fans that will argue the Galactic Empire could beat the Imperium of Man in a war.

Flyattractor
You mean they COULDN'T!?

-Pr-
Originally posted by playa1258
Imperial forces are pretty damn bad. Yet there is hardcore Star Wars fans that will argue the Galactic Empire could beat the Imperium of Man in a war.

laughing

...The **** they could.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

The best of a bad bunch is still pretty bad.

playa1258
Drop Angron on Endor and cue the slaughter.

Khazra Reborn
The alien forces from Independace Day were pretty crappy.

TheVaultDweller

lol Anyone who thinks this needs to get their head check. The IG alone would more than likely be enough to win. Never mind the Mechanicum, Titan Legions, Space Marine Chapters, Inquisition etc.

Surtur
Originally posted by steverules_2
Beaten by a 10 year old

That was a 10 yr. old Space Jesus though.

Surtur

Just be glad you haven't seen them arguing in favor of Star Wars versus The Culture. I have had the misfortune of experiencing that.

playa1258
Must have been Wong and his idiot cronies.

Flyattractor
The Klingons are actually pretty crappy warriors to add Star Trek into the mix.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.