Loebforce Rulk versus DOS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bluewaterrider
Red Hulk with his proper healing factor and energy absorbing abilities.
Versus Doomsday as he was in the Death of Superman storyline.

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

Rao Kal El
Just the DOS arc or anything canon he accomplished before DOS?

Also why did you handicapped Doomsday and equalized speed? Seems like you are trying to give Rulk any advantage you can

JBL
People get tired of the " speed wins excuse". If DD was so great, then let him fight Rulk on equal terms. Rulk for the win.

Rao Kal El
^nah!

bluewaterrider
Moreover, I have yet to see much in the way of quantifiable strength feats for Doomsday. I figure if I eliminate the standard "groupthink" response JBL mentioned, people will give me something substantive.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Moreover, I have yet to see much in the way of quantifiable strength feats for Doomsday. I figure if I eliminate the standard "groupthink" response JBL mentioned, people will give me something substantive.

You haven't answer the question. Which btw is not surprising at all.

And from now on handicapping will be called "groupthink" laughing

carver9

He doesn't have any strength fts. He did pick up a tank though. Majority of his showings does come from combat which is>strength fts, sometimes. There are characters that has gone up against Doomsday that have both combat and strength fts above him that gets the loss on KMC.

cdtm
Doomsday did this to Booster:

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Justice-League-America-69-1992.jpg

That's the same forcefield Brainiac 5 uses in Legion of Superheroes.

You know, the same Brainiac 5 who set up force fields no JLA member could budge.

The same Brainiac who, in the Pocket Universe Superboy arc, set a field around Sun Boy which Supes bounced off of.

B5 shields are essentially energy vesions of Adamantium... NOTHING budges them below high cosmic level attacks, like Darkaeid's Omega Effect (And only with some effort. The field's withstood an extended blast of OE, and shrugged off Starbreaker's initial attacks.)

JBL
Doesn't look like he got the field up in time.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Just the DOS arc or anything canon he accomplished before DOS?

Show me what you got.

Also why did you handicapped Doomsday and equalized speed?

You realize that speeding Rulk up also equalizes things too, right?

Seems like you are trying to give Rulk any advantage you can

If you're thinking the only way to equalize something is to take away something from your side, I can see why it seems that way to you.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL

In that case, what you're saying is the Doomsday, a supervillain known for not holding back...was unable to KO a normal human.

Which is....I mean, yeah.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Justice-League-America-69-1992.jpg

You know, the same Brainiac 5 who set up force fields no JLA member could budge.

The same Brainiac who, in the Pocket Universe Superboy arc, set a field around Sun Boy which Supes bounced off of.

B5 shields are essentially energy vesions of Adamantium... NOTHING budges them below high cosmic level attacks, like Darkaeid's Omega Effect (And only with some effort. The field's withstood an extended blast of OE, and shrugged off Starbreaker's initial attacks.)

Hulk did this to Hyperion...

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d51d429d43dd68b66cf260f5cf8e04e4-c

This is the same Hyperion who took two universes exploding on him. smile

leonidas
i will say this at least--the rulk side has some ground to stand on here. there was a limit shown to the physical punishment dd could take. given the toon-force-esque powers of rulk in that specific time period, i don't think it's impossible for rulk to win this. i wouldn't give him odds--dd's too fast--but he could win i think. /shrug

JBL
Yeah, DD has overwhelmed plenty of foes with his incredible speed. Lol

carver9
Originally posted by JBL

Agreed. This same Doomsday failed to kill Booster Gold when he didn't have his shield up and Doomsday doesn't hold back.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/scanscans/?action=view&current=dos14.jpg

DarkSaint85
Superman and Guy Gardner were two.

At Carver: so iyo, Doomsday is human level?

Rao Kal El
Show me what you got.

You realize that speeding Rulk up also equalizes things too, right?

If you're thinking the only way to equalize something is to take away something from your side, I can see why it seems that way to you.

The first point should be a yes or no. Simple as that.

Doomsday year one feats should count for DOS Doomsday unless YOU the OP specifies that is only DOS feats.

The rest of the points are irrelevant my friend. It is clear you wanted to "equalize" things because of course DD vs Rulk is NOT equal. thumb up smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In that case, what you're saying is the Doomsday, a supervillain known for not holding back...was unable to KO a normal human.

Which is....I mean, yeah.

Or forcefield simply wasn't at 100%... or only the first layer got erected... or, y'know, Booster is a pussy that will moan like a whore even when you accidentally poke his back with your index finger...

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL

Originally posted by carver9
Agreed. This same Doomsday failed to kill Booster Gold when he didn't have his shield up and Doomsday doesn't hold back.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/scanscans/?action=view&current=dos14.jpg

You literally see his force field around him when he's flying. This is from the next page.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/J-L-A69-PG21.jpg

You two fail.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Delta1938
You literally see his force field around him when he's flying. This is from the next page.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/J-L-A69-PG21.jpg

You two fail.

Owned! thumb up laughing

Sin I AM
It is clear you wanted to "equalize" things because of course DD vs Rulk is NOT equal. thumb up smile

☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

bluewaterrider
TurboImageHost apparently doesn't like Wednesday's anymore.

Here, maybe this new image host provider I stumbled across might work ...

And I'll try posting instead a different scene of Booster Gold taking a similar punch. This one does indeed suggest, as alluded to in the previous page, that Booster Gold's force fields do, in "fact", vary in strength and/or durability:

http://www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497481542640.jpg

cdtm
TurboImageHost apparently doesn't like Wednesday's anymore.

Here, maybe this new image host provider I stumbled across might work ...

And I'll try posting instead a different scene of Booster Gold taking a similar punch. This one does indeed suggest, as alluded to in the previous page, that Booster Gold's force fields do, in "fact", vary in strength and/or durability:

http://www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497481542640.jpg

Is that Doomsday? Why did he say "Max"?

If it's just Doomsday hitting him, all it does is reinforce that Doomsday > Brainiac 5 tech (Tech with a very extensive record against high heralds.)

Edit: Oh.. He meant "Forcefield to maximum", and not "Max Lord".

This still hurts your case though, as now we have a scene of DD staggering Gold past a FULL powered Force Field. wink

bluewaterrider
The first point should be a yes or no. Simple as that.

Doomsday year one feats should count for DOS Doomsday unless YOU the OP specifies that is only DOS feats.

The rest of the points are irrelevant my friend. It is clear you wanted to "equalize" things because of course DD vs Rulk is NOT equal.

What I'm getting from all this is that people primarily think Doomsday can win this fight due to rarely, if ever, seen "speed" feats or retcons that came several years after Doomsday's debut.

bluewaterrider

If it's just Doomsday hitting him, all it does is reinforce that Doomsday > Brainiac 5 tech (Tech with a very extensive record against high heralds.)

This still hurts your case though, as now we have a scene of DD staggering Gold past a FULL powered Force Field. wink

I'm actually very glad you responded, because when I first tried clicking on the link I provided, it only gave me a blank page. So I'm happy it eventually DID work and I MIGHT not have to waste time finding yet another image host provider to post scans tonight ...

Galan007

B5 shields are essentially energy vesions of Adamantium... NOTHING budges them below high cosmic level attacks, like Darkaeid's Omega Effect (And only with some effort. The field's withstood an extended blast of OE, and shrugged off Starbreaker's initial attacks.) *Also the same FF that allowed Booster to soak blasts from Trigon:
http://i.imgur.com/JjRNGWq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cv5CrXR.jpg

smile

bluewaterrider
Watching the shenanigans of cheerleaders like Sin tells me people are going to misinterpret things with all their might regardless of what I actually post here, so I'll keep it simple, as I THOUGHT my initial post originally made clear:

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

Originally posted by leonidas

i will say this at least--the rulk side has some ground to stand on here. there was a limit shown to the physical punishment dd could take. given the toon-force-esque powers of rulk in that specific time period, i don't think it's impossible for rulk to win this. i wouldn't give him odds--dd's too fast--but he could win i think. /shrug

... and as the above proves, even well-meaning people can read past fairly explicit statements, a point separate from the point made in paragraph 1.

So ... DOS feats only, Salsa.

carver9
Budging Booster isnt a ft. He tanked the attack.

bluewaterrider

This still hurts your case though, as now we have a scene of DD staggering Gold past a FULL powered Force Field.

We also have a scene of Booster Gold, apparently WITHOUT force fields up, taking a punch from Big D:

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487482573.jpg

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487790475.jpg

Galan007
^ That is an alternate Doomsday, btw:
http://i.imgur.com/OOnVXzF.jpg
"Here, on this different earth... This different time..."

Delta1938
Watching the shenanigans of cheerleaders like Sin tells me people are going to misinterpret things with all their might regardless of what I actually post here, so I'll keep it simple, as I THOUGHT my initial post originally made clear:

... and as the above proves, even well-meaning people can read past fairly explicit statements, a point separate from the point made in paragraph 1.

We also have a scene of Booster Gold, apparently WITHOUT force fields up, taking a punch from Big D:

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487482573.jpg

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497487790475.jpg

You say "DOS only" disqualifying comics that aren't from the DEATH OF SUPERMAN storyline yet use scans from the 2000's?

I'll be waiting for your mental gymnastics so you can avoid admitting your error just like you did when telling DarkSaint that you weren't aware Ross Rulk was replaced and he didn't tell until page 4 only for me to prove he posted it on page 1, and you first posted on page 2.

Galan007
^ Doesn't matter either way. As I mentioned above: the version of Doomsday in his scans is from an alternate universe, thus cannot be used interchangeably with DoS DD. smile

Delta1938
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Doesn't matter either way. As I mentioned above: the version of Doomsday in his scans is from an alternate universe, thus cannot be used interchangeably with DoS DD. smile

My point is he said only scans from DOS can be used(so people can't use say from DOOMSDAY ANNUAL), then he goes and uses something not from DEATH OF SUPERMAN.

Galan007
Oh I agree... It's a funny double-standard.

And it becomes even more fallacious, given that he is using an alternate version of the character as though its showings are relevant to the canon version. smile

Delta1938

It becomes even more fallacious, however, given that he is using an alternate version of the character as though its showings are relevant to the canon version. smile

This happened the other day.

Why are we ignoring the fact that current Red Hulk, Robert Maverick, is nowhere near Loeb force Rulk???

Probably because most people, myself and Damborgson included, had no idea Ross had been replaced as Red Hulk until you brought it up here, now, on page 4 of this thread.

Posted on page 1, before you posted on page 2.

Current Red Hulk, having to be rescued from Gorilla Man by Squirrel Girl:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WNmOFk_f8JM/WPd8cS9hgaI/AAAAAAADV7Q/qAzEI6AWP8QyWt5imTV9WprdEgtW56GHwCLcB/s1600/035_010.jpg

Carver's problem is that he thinks only he knows Hulk.

I brought it up on page 1, as pointed out.

If you look on the second panel of the page quoted by Delta, you can even see that he's named.

Couple things:

Haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind on the above.

2. Despite anything DarkSaint may be posting to try to "get" Carver, Ross as written by Jeph Loeb is what most people think of when they think of Red Hulk, even as Bruce Banner is who most people the world over think of when "regular" Hulk is being talked about in discussion. There's not much reason to think the original poster of this thread, who has all of about 40 posts since 2013, most of them "bumps" of older threads relating to TV and movie mash-ups, had any idea some "Robert Maverick" took over the role when people who have been posting the better part of a decade or more didn't.

3. The popular image of Rulk is the one whose great strength made him a legitimate threat to Hulk and powerful enemies like Thor and Silver Surfer.

The reason FOR most of that great strength, however, was the ability to absorb various forms of energy. The latter, however, is not necessarily all that well-known. Is the Original Poster (OP) of this thread aware of this?

http://s5d1.turboimg.net/t1/35080644_image.jpg

4. With all due respect to Salsa/KC/RaoKalEl/insertnamehere, I do not see how Doomsday managing to beat an energy being called Radiant gives useful information as to how a battle with an energy absorbing being (Loebforce Rulk) would go. The Hulk most of us are familiar with managed to shrug off what energy being Monica Rambeau (Marvel Comics' Captain Marvel from the Secret Wars era) threw at him, after all. Didn't predict how HIS early battles with Loebforce Rulk would go ...

Despite your extremely long post, what you or I interpret to be the OP's version is moot.

Forum rules specifically dictate that unless specified,we use the most current version.

Which is General Maverick.

OP has even logged in today, and hasn't made any edits - not that it would matter now.

If you, or Carver, or others didn't know Maverick was now Rulk, DESPITE me saying so on page 1....well, your ignorance has nothing to do with me.

Blue is just a more well written and articulated version of carter.

bluewaterrider
My point is he said only scans from DOS can be used(so people can't use say from DOOMSDAY ANNUAL), then he goes and uses something not from DEATH OF SUPERMAN.

And it becomes even more fallacious, given that he is using an alternate version of the character as though its showings are relevant to the canon version. smile

What's even more "hilarious" than that is the last 2 Booster Gold scans I gave were partially to HELP cdtm frame conquering BG's force field(s) as a strength feat for Doomsday.

Galan007
HELP him, lol? That's rich. thumb up

But anywho... Said showings are still relevant to Booster, given that HE'S the same, canon version who fought DoS DD.

The showings don't mean anything at all in regards to the canon version of DD, however. smile

iceman24567
Its obvious Booster Gold put his shields up after he was hit leave carver alone

bluewaterrider
HELP him, lol? That's rich. thumb up

I post for a variety of reasons and not with just one purpose in mind.
Why would I NOT help cdtm frame his point more clearly?
As alluded to in your FIRST edit of this post of yours, it gives support to the idea of Doomsday having something in the strength department, but it ALSO shows us the absurdity of Booster Gold surviving a strike from a Superman-level character WITHOUT, apparently, the use of his force field, which had just been transferred over to DD and successfully broken.

Unfortunately you edited your FIRST version of this post before I could quote it. All I have now is this SECOND edit. I wonder why it's so different from your original post, which I have a screenshot of below?

Perhaps Galan posts with more than one goal in mind, too ...

But anywho... Said showings are still relevant to Booster, given that HE'S the same, canon version who fought DoS DD.

The showings don't mean anything at all in regards to the canon version of DD, however. smile

Glad to hear you say this. If this showing is canon for Booster Gold then it lends quite a bit of credence to the idea that Booster Gold's force fields VARY in strength as cdtm and somebody else mentioned before.

bluewaterrider
This happened the other day ...

Hey thanks for reminding me; TurboImageHost hasn't been allowing new uploads this evening, so I wanted to retrieve what I posted in response to Salsa's mention of "Radiant" over there.

I'll take it out of quotes so it'll be readily usable in this thread:

Salsa, I'm looking through Galan's posts. I'm not sure what you think he's mentioned that would give Doomsday the nod.

Coming back to this "Radiant" thing, though, I'll again point out that Hulk himself went against an energy being. Didn't have much affect.

Incredible Hulk #321, Hulk versus Monica Rambeau, aka then Captain Marvel, who tries virtually every form of energy at her disposal against Hulk, save gamma energy, to little discernible effect ...

http://s5d1.turboimg.net/t1/35084846_image.jpg

... and then at another time tries gamma energy to little discernible effect:

http://s5d1.turboimg.net/t1/35084847_image.jpg

Galan007
Glad to hear you say this. If this showing is canon for Booster Gold then it lends quite a bit of credence to the idea that Booster Gold's force fields VARY in strength as cdtm and somebody else mentioned before. Booster's shields ARE variable in strength/output. I don't need to spitball here like you've been doing, because I KNOW this to be a canon fact as I am very familiar with BG(he's a favorite of mine):
http://i.imgur.com/ya4geVj.jpg

That being said, anyone who is familiar with Booster also knows that when he's just flying around doing routine hero-work, he places the intensity of his shields on a fairly low setting to conserve power. When he engages in any sort of noteworthy battle, however, he always sets them to FULL intensity when possible.

If you have any other questions regarding Booster(or Doomsday, for that matter) I'd be glad to sort them out for you. smile

Rao Kal El
Hey thanks for reminding me; TurboImageHost hasn't been allowing new uploads this evening, so I wanted to retrieve what I posted in response to Salsa's mention of "Radiant" over there.

I'll take it out of quotes so it'll be readily usable in this thread:

Salsa, I'm looking through Galan's posts. I'm not sure what you think he's mentioned that would give Doomsday the nod.

Coming back to this "Radiant" thing, though, I'll again point out that Hulk himself went against an energy being. Didn't have much affect.

Incredible Hulk #321, Hulk versus Monica Rambeau, aka then Captain Marvel, who tries virtually every form of energy at her disposal against Hulk, save gamma energy, to little discernible effect ...

http://s5d1.turboimg.net/t1/35084846_image.jpg

... and then at another time tries gamma energy to little discernible effect:

http://s5d1.turboimg.net/t1/35084847_image.jpg

I am not even going to debate. You know my situation and I think you will do the same if you were in the same position.

However I will like to mention that.

Maybe you should re read why Galan was giving the Nod To HP DD. It is there in plain English and if I can understand his point I am sure you can too.

Now onto the Hulk and Monica Rambeau showing:

That is cool and all but that is a HULK feat not a RULK feat. So not even sure what are you trying to pulling out of this one, are you trying to give RULK one of HULK's feats? Or what?

Not only that, but RADIANT is an energy being, the ultimate energy being according to the Jurgens narration. Not sure if you have read the comic of Hunter Prey but it is there in plain english, so to think Monica Rambeau is the same as Radiant it will be as wrong as trying to pin Hulk's feats into Rulk's repertoire.

You should read Doomsday year one, DOS, Hunter Prey, Doomsday Wars so you at least will get an idea of what we are talking about here, read them not only see the scans but read the stories, you will probably like them.

bluewaterrider
I am not even going to debate. You know my situation and I think you will do the same if you were in the same position.

The tragic case of Klerck was making the rounds in the news just before I joined my first Internet forum.
It put into perspective just how mortal and vulnerable and sometimes desperate people are on the other side of the screen.

I seldom forget there are real people behind most of these usernames as a result. It's why I've rarely if ever gone as far as other posters when I've had disagreements.

I have no idea what I would do if I were in your position, honestly.

I'll say a prayer for you, KC.

sad

Now onto the Hulk and Monica Rambeau showing:

That is cool and all but that is a HULK feat not a RULK feat. So not even sure what are you trying to pulling out of this one, are you trying to give RULK one of HULK's feats? Or what?

Not only that, but RADIANT is an energy being, the ultimate energy being according to the Jurgens narration. Not sure if you have read the comic of Hunter Prey but it is there in plain english, so to think Monica Rambeau is the same as Radiant it will be as wrong as trying to pin Hulk's feats into Rulk's repertoire.

This is a point I can agree to only for the sake of argument. I have not seen anything that would actually convince me that what you're saying is true as Monica Rambeau /Captain Marvel is described in fairly similar terms.

The analogy should be easy to see, though, and I'm surprised you're having difficulty. Radiant is a DC analog of Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel. Doomsday however, is the DC analog of Hulk, not Rulk.

Doomsday resists Radiant therefore beats Rulk doesn't follow.
Hulk resists Monica Rambeau therefore beats Rulk didn't follow either, at least, not initially.

The fact that Hulk could resist a being master of radiant energy did nothing to protect him from an energy ABSORBING foe (Rulk).

I don't see where the fact that Doomsday could resist a being master of radiant energy would protect HIM from an energy ABSORBING foe (Rulk), either.

Delta1938
This is a point I can agree to only for the sake of argument. I have not seen anything that would actually convince me that what you're saying is true as Monica Rambeau /Captain Marvel is described in fairly similar terms.

The analogy should be easy to see, though, and I'm surprised you're having difficulty. Radiant is a DC analog of Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel. Doomsday however, is the DC analog of Hulk, not Rulk.

Doomsday resists Radiant therefore beats Rulk doesn't follow.
Hulk resists Monica Rambeau therefore beats Rulk didn't follow either, at least, not initially.

The fact that Hulk could resist a being master of radiant energy did nothing to protect him from an energy ABSORBING foe (Rulk).

I don't see where the fact that Doomsday could resist a being master of radiant energy would protect HIM from an energy ABSORBING foe (Rulk), either.

Doomsday isn't powered by stored energy. Fail again.

TheHulkster

What is Doomsday powered by?

DarkSaint85
Rulk isn't Vulcan, guys.

When fighting OF Thor, for example, it wasn't as if he left Thor a dried out husk.

Moreover, using Hulk as an example is fallacious. Rulk has a limit....if he gets too angry, he burns himself out.

Hulk can just keep getting angrier and angrier.

Delta1938
Originally posted by TheHulkster
What is Doomsday powered by?

Evolution.

TheHulkster

It would seem that he is:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108107/2400694-img118.jpg

Delta1938
It would seem that he is:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108107/2400694-img118.jpg

Feeding on sunlight isn't the same as Superman being powered by sunlight.

Rao Kal El

Plus DD spent thousands of years with out sunlight.

I don't know what Rulk is going to try to feed out of Doomsday, however I do know what DD is going to feed Rulk. 😋

carver9
Galan has even admitted Doomsday was weakened before fighting Superman and becoming more powerful as the fight went on due to absorbing solar energy. Rulk absorbs the life out of him.

Rao Kal El
I know what Carver is trying to feed us. 💩

TheHulkster
Evolution.

Evolution is a process, not a power source. Evolving is one of Doomsday's powers. It's like healing is one of Hulk's powers, but I wouldn't say that Hulk is powered by healing (and Hulk has also shown physical adaptation power himself).

Galan007
-Doomsday can store solar energy for "A millennia"(ie. 1,000 years)... Yet he was buried/imprisoned in complete darkness for ~250,000 years, and still did what he did to Superman and the League.

-Soon thereafter, Doomsday reanimated from his 'death' at the hands of Superman, and was 'ported to Apokolips... Where there is NO solar radiation(at least not the yellow variety)...and still did what he did to Darkseid+Apokolips+an AMPED Superman+Radiant+Waverider, etc.

So while his genealogy may allow Doomsday to nourish himself to *some* extent via the absorption of solar energy, it is obviously NOT detrimental to his existence/power.

TheHulkster

It doesn't say that he simply feeds on sunlight. It says that he is solely nourished by it. But he and Superman could feed off of a sandwich if the want to, but it is not necessary. By definition, that which nourishes you maintains your health, vigor and vital functions.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Galan has even admitted Doomsday was weakened before fighting Superman and becoming more powerful as the fight went on due to absorbing solar energy. Rulk absorbs the life out of him. I have always maintained that it seems *possible* based on Bertron's statement. However, DD progressively becoming more powerful in DoS via absorbing sunlight was NEVER mentioned/implied anywhere on panel, thus is it NOT a canon fact -- it is merely an OPINION I came up with on my own.

Get your shit together. srsly

Delta1938
Evolution is a process, not a power source. Evolving is one of Doomsday's powers. It's like healing is one of Hulk's powers, but I wouldn't say that Hulk is powered by healing (and Hulk has also shown physical adaptation power himself).

It's not a power source, but he simply evolved to be that strong.

It doesn't say that he simply feeds on sunlight. It says that he is solely nourished by it. But he and Superman could feed off of a sandwich if the want to, but it is not necessary. By definition, that which nourishes you maintains your health, vigor and vital functions.

The comic does not say he's powered by solar energy. To argue he gets his strength by solar energy is a circular argument. The best you can argue Rulk would do would be he gives Doomsday the munchies.

And are you just wanting Rulk to win and will go by any means necessary, or are you actually fairly debating the topic?

TheHulkster
Why does it take so long years for him to escape? Could it be due to the lack of solar energy? Plus, the Earth's surface does absorb solar energy, so some probably reaches him.

Since comicbook DD is not, to my knowledge, Kryptonian, he wouldn't necessarily require yellow sunlight and my understanding is that New Genesis has some sort of sun. Superman doesn't lose his powers when he goes to Apokalips.

TheHulkster
It's not a power source, but he simply evolved to be that strong.

The comic does not say he's powered by solar energy. To argue he gets his strength by solar energy is a circular argument. The best you can argue Rulk would do would be he gives Doomsday the munchies.

And are you just wanting Rulk to win and will go by any means necessary, or are you actually fairly debating the topic?

You're splitting hairs significantly here. Are you just wanting Doomsday to win and will go by any means necessary?

He is established with a stored energy source that is described as nourishing him. Nourishment provides strength. Rulk's ability to siphon such energy under Loeb is fair game that can't be discarded under the premise of DD not having a stored energy source.

Delta1938
You're splitting hairs significantly here. Are you just wanting Doomsday to win and will go by any means necessary?

He is established with a stored energy source that is described as nourishing him. Nourishment provides strength. Rulk's ability to siphon such energy under Loeb is fair game that can't be discarded under the premise of DD not having a stored energy source.

No, I'm not. Nor am I just wanting Doomsday to win and will go by any means necessary. You're going through mental gymnastics to try and justify that Rulk will actually be any more effective than giving Doomsday the munchies.

So answer my question. Are you just trying to argue Rulk winning, or are you trying to debate fairly?

DarkSaint85
Why does it take so long years for him to escape? Could it be due to the lack of solar energy? Plus, the Earth's surface does absorb solar energy, so some probably reaches him.

Since comicbook DD is not, to my knowledge, Kryptonian, he wouldn't necessarily require yellow sunlight and my understanding is that New Genesis has some sort of sun. Superman doesn't lose his powers when he goes to Apokalips.

Superman weakens on Apokolips.

Moreover, DDwas also wrapped in Calatonian burial garments and chained up, so even less (none?) Would reach him.

psycho gundam
I have always maintained that it seems *possible* based on Bertron's statement. However, DD progressively becoming more powerful in DoS via absorbing sunlight was NEVER mentioned/implied anywhere on panel, thus is it NOT a canon fact -- it is merely an OPINION I came up with on my own.

Get your shit together. srsly thumb up Bertron's statement wasn't really expounded upon and anything about it is still conjecture. One could even argue that he may have evolved past needing the sunlight all together or adapted to a coma state and kept whatever sunlight he had since he survived 250 times his alleged metabolism because it became "necessary", however Bertron also said that he was "immortal" so it's really up in the air

Galan007
Why does it take so long years for him to escape? Could it be due to the lack of solar energy? No. DD was imprisoned/buried immediately after being 'killed' by the original Radiant -- killed for the very first time since Bertron had 'completed' his evolution... It was the first time he had to adapt beyond death on his own. As we saw in the wake of his second death at the hands of Superman, however, DD's next resurrection was astronomically shorter in duration. smile

Plus, the Earth's surface does absorb solar energy, so some probably reaches him.
The hell? blink

Doomsday was buried hundreds/thousands of feet underground, was contained inside a sealed cubical prison comprised of a very thick metal, AND covered from head to toe in a Calatonian burial shroud. Absolutely NO sunlight reached him, lol.

Juntai
You would have burden of proof that Doomsdays power is derived from sunlight.

Nourishment, especially in the context used, describing his natural cycle of not needing to breath, sleep or eat, doesn't help that argument.

It fuels his body, but not his power in the way of a kryptonian. There is zero evidence of this.

His power is specifically written to be drawn from his adaptability and evolution powers.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Juntai
You would have burden of proof that Doomsdays power is derived from sunlight.

Nourishment, especially in the context used, describing his natural cycle of not needing to breath, sleep or eat, doesn't help that argument.

It fuels his body, but not his power in the way of a kryptonian. There is zero evidence of this.

His power is specifically written to be drawn from his adaptability and evolution powers.

So what about in the context of the Countdown bio which states that stored energy from solar rays fuel his "superstrong" body?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg

Delta1938
So what about in the context of the Countdown bio which states that stored energy from solar rays fuel his "superstrong" body?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg

If he can be drained in the way you're trying to argue, why is it saying that after "does not need to eat or breathe?" All indications are it supporting he just gets nourishment from solar energy.

And are you actually debating fairly, or do you just want Rulk to win?

Galan007
The Countdown bio doesn't say anything that Bertron already didn't. srsly

Yes, solar radiation "nourishes" Doomsday to *some* ambiguous extent... But it is clearly NOT a *requirement* to sustain his overall power/survival, as he has functioned perfectly fine without it... ON PANEL. Doomsday's biology =/= Superman's, ffs.

What's not computing here?

Philosophía
Doomsday's biology =/= Superman's, ffs. I think this part is really hard to grasp for some people here.

Doomsday's evolutionary ability working without needing him to get inside the sun should be proof enough that he gets more powerful independent of how much solar energy he has in his cells.

Rao Kal El
Iirc DD is not even Kryptonian.

But now they are trying to give him a kryptonian weakness? Based on what?

Philosophía

But now they are trying to give him a kryptonian weakness? Based on what? thumb up

It was, in fact, a plot point in Doomsday Rex that he had been regrown using kryptonian DNA after OWAW, and thus why he had the kryptonite weakness. Any prior version was completely different.

celeyhyga17
The countdown bio seems to have gone further than Bertron seeing as how it states that solar radiation "fuels his super strong body" as opposed to just "nourished by solar energy that he can store"...

DarkSaint85
Also says that he cannot be killed the same way twice.

So he's now immune to being physically beaten to death? But of course, that would be heresy! Logic dictates yadda yadda yadda.

bluewaterrider

You're splitting hairs significantly here.
Are you just wanting Doomsday to win and will go by any means necessary?

Careful -- you might even make Delta himself aware of what he's actually doing if you ask him questions like that.

psycho gundam

But now they are trying to give him a kryptonian weakness? Based on what? He is Kryptonian but his species isn't "Kryptonian" like Superman's is.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by psycho gundam
He is Kryptonian but his species isn't "Kryptonian" like Superman's is. He's like a Neanderthal to Superman's Homo sapien

No.

He's like J'onn J'onzz to Superman's Homo.

Berty took an infant who was not native to Krypton.

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
The countdown bio seems to have gone further than Bertron seeing as how it states that solar radiation "fuels his super strong body" as opposed to just "nourished by solar energy that he can store"... ...Except we KNOW it doesn't play any sort of major role in 'fueling' DD, because he's functioned perfectly fine WITHOUT the added 'nourishment' of solar radiation, on panel.

See, this is exactly why we do not rely solely on bios as though they represent incontrovertible fact -- more often than not, they are sharply contradicted by on panel showings. Unless the bio in question is in alignment with on panel showings, then it's entirely worthless as evidence... And this is a prime example.

On panel feats/statements > bio entries.

No.

Berty took an infant who was not native to Krypton. thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/H7ix5dZ.jpg

Bertron further went on to say there was "nothing special" about the infant -- implying that he wasn't even from a noteworthy race/species.

psycho gundam
No.

Berty took an infant who was not native to Krypton. I edited too late

another thing is that Bertron said that the sunlight would keep him nourished for a thousand years but Doomsday can I guess be malnourished for 250 times that especially if he is almost dead after fighting the Radiant

TheHulkster

But now they are trying to give him a kryptonian weakness? Based on what?

So did you even read the post below?:

Thus you are making a straw man argument since no one has declared Doomsday to be Kryptonian and I wonder if you feel that only Kryptonians are allowed to be fueled by solar energy. I mean the basis that you ask for comes from the dialogue of the books.

TheHulkster
...Except we KNOW it doesn't play any sort of major role in 'fueling' DD, because he's functioned perfectly fine WITHOUT the added 'nourishment' of solar radiation, on panel.

See, this is exactly why we do not rely solely on bios as though they represent incontrovertible fact -- more often than not, they are sharply contradicted by on panel showings. Unless the bio in question is in alignment with on panel showings, then it's entirely worthless as evidence... And this is a prime example.

thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/H7ix5dZ.jpg

Bertron further went on to say there was "nothing special" about the infant -- implying that he wasn't even from a noteworthy race/species.

Of course, on panel statements are being used and used logically. You're trying to extrapolate meaning from Doomsday's time after losing to Radiant to offset what is clearly stated in his shown origin. If we want to come up with creative reasons, one can say that enough stored energy remained in his body to eventually revive him and since DD was not moving, there was no real expenditure. We can all dream things up, but we can't ignore what is stated in print. The assertion that DD has no energy to be drained has been shown to be false.

Plus, we know that Doomsday's origin was thought up and implemented after DOS, so based on you guys' very generous use of the term, one can say that any previous contradictions to the origin were retconned.

And as stated earlier, no one has said that Doomsday is Kryptonian.

None of this means that Rulk wins, loses, draws, etc. What it means is that you can't discard the extreme energy drain portrayal given by Loeb. It's fair game.

bluewaterrider
It is annoying beyond belief when TurboImageHost does what it's doing this week. Not yet as bad as when I started here years ago, but I'd gotten lulled by the ease and reliability of the service to such a point that my old way of posting is nearly intolerable to me now.

Anyway, I perused some of Doomsday Hunter/Prey as Salsa suggested and noted the sections where Doomsday went against Radiant. Noticed something of interest:

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497556873143.jpg

Radiant attacked DD with what is described as " pure energy".

Interestingly, he seems to have killed DD by completely overloading his body with energy, as their battle lasted days:

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497558415166.jpg

... whereupon, of course, Doomsday was suited as we saw him to begin the Death of Superman storyline ...

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497558591798.jpg

This is interesting because, of course, sunlight IS radiant energy.

And DD's body being overloaded by energy means he would have had a LOT of energy stored to sustain himself once he resurrected.

Enough to go well beyond the one millennia mark a small meal of energy would permit? Many times that?

Worth a mention.

TheHulkster
It is annoying beyond belief when TurboImageHost does what it's doing this week. Not yet as bad as when I started here years ago, but I'd gotten lulled by the ease and reliability of the service to such a point that my old way of posting is nearly intolerable to me now.

Anyway, I perused some of Doomsday Hunter/Prey as Salsa suggested and noted the sections where Doomsday went against Radiant. Noticed something of interest:

Interestingly, he seems to have killed DD by completely overloading his body with energy, as their battle lasted days:

... whereupon, of course, Doomsday was suited as we saw him to begin the Death of Superman storyline ...

And DD's body being overloaded by energy means he would have had a LOT of energy stored to sustain himself once he resurrected.

Enough to go well beyond the one millennia mark a small meal of energy would permit? Many times that?

Worth a mention.

Makes sense ^

bluewaterrider
Doomsday isn't powered by stored energy.

Besides the Bio presented, along with the statement(s) of Bertron, it's interesting to note the language used at Doomsday's demise at the end of Hunter/Prey:

"... Entropy awaits like a ravenous beast, where it drains all energy and life."

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497560480971.jpg

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/149756056597.jpg

DarkSaint85
Except Rulk isn't limitless, like the death of all creation.

Who was the most powerful character Rulk utterly absorbed of all energy?

Canon, that is. Not alt. timeline Terraxes, or alt timeline Surfers with prep etc.

psycho gundam
Savage Hulk. Prior to that IIRC only Surfer did the same thing

StiltmanFTW
alt timeline Surfers with prep etc.

That was a canon Surfer, just not yet experienced with his power.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hulk_Vol_2_10

Same as it was 616 Namor in the Avengers/Invaders series, just dislocated in time.

So, no reason not to count that feat --- but of course it can be nitpicked all to hell since it was Surfer at the start of his career, iirc.

Juntai

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg It says the same thing. That's all one sentence. He doesn't need to eat, breath, etc, because stored sunlight keeps him going. It's the same exact context as before.

It even supports exactly what I said about Doomsday's power being specifically written to be from his evolution and adaption skills. All of which is also supported in the comics, where-as nothing in that bio, the previous panel, or an panel in any comic supports Doomsday actually gaining his power from the sun.

The Countdown bio doesn't say anything that Bertron already didn't. srsly

Yes, solar radiation "nourishes" Doomsday to *some* ambiguous extent... But it is clearly NOT a *requirement* to sustain his overall power/survival, as he has functioned perfectly fine without it... ON PANEL. Doomsday's biology =/= Superman's, ffs.

What's not computing here?

Correct. Sunlight is not a catalyst to Doomsday's power and strength. Its just his food/air/etc. Doomsday's power is his evolution and adaptation.

Where-as Clark Kent sticks his hand into yellow Sunlight, you get Superman.

Delta1938
Careful -- you might even make Delta himself aware of what he's actually doing if you ask him questions like that.

You mean point out the mental gymnastics that Hulkster is going through to justify that Rulk can drain Doomsday?

And what about the fact that you yourself banned anything outside of DEATH OF SUPERMAN and broke your own rule, proving that you made this topic solely because you want Doomsday to lose?

Originally posted by psycho gundam
He is Kryptonian but his species isn't "Kryptonian" like Superman's is.

No.

Berty took an infant who was not native to Krypton.

Pretty clear psycho is referring to him being Kryptonian in the sense that he was born on Krypton, but not he's genetically Kryptonian.

Besides the Bio presented, along with the statement(s) of Bertron, it's interesting to note the language used at Doomsday's demise at the end of Hunter/Prey:

"... Entropy awaits like a ravenous beast, where it drains all energy and life."

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/1497560480971.jpg

www.4GP.ME/ba3s/149756056597.jpg

So you're trying to argue Rulk is comparable to Entropy? If you even read the very scans you posted, you'd see them bringing up that life, not even Doomsday, can't exist at the end of time.

Not to mention that the entire attempt to argue Rulk can drain him goes against the very rules you yourself implemented.

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

Or here.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider Watching the shenanigans of cheerleaders like Sin tells me people are going to misinterpret things with all their might regardless of what I actually post here, so I'll keep it simple, as I THOUGHT my initial post originally made clear:

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

quote: (post)

So you say only examples from DEATH OF SUPERMAN can be used but then don't even follow that. Those in addition to putting speed is equalized, what other conclusion can I come to but you made this because you want Doomsday to lose?

Probably because of how sore you are over you claiming DarkSaint didn't tell anybody current Rulk isn't Ross until page 4, me proving you wrong showing him posting it on the very first page(when you joined in on page 2) and then not liking people not letting you get away with a long winded post about people thinking "classic Rulk" without ever admitting that you were wrong and missed DarkSaint's post on page 1.

You are terrible at this. But mental gymnastic your way into feeling better.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Juntai
It says the same thing. That's all one sentence. He doesn't need to eat, breath, etc, because stored sunlight keeps him going. It's the same exact context as before.

It even supports exactly what I said about Doomsday's power being specifically written to be from his evolution and adaption skills. All of which is also supported in the comics, where-as nothing in that bio, the previous panel, or an panel in any comic supports Doomsday actually gaining his power from the sun.

Correct. Sunlight is not a catalyst to Doomsday's power and strength. Its just his food/air/etc. Doomsday's power is his evolution and adaptation.

Where-as Clark Kent sticks his hand into yellow Sunlight, you get Superman.

So, draining all of his solar energy will not affect his power, but will kill him? How is dying fully powered any better?

Galan007
Some of the shit I'm witnessing in this thread is beyond ridiculous, tbh. none

Worth a mention. Are you serious or just trolling..?

-If serious, please post scans explicitly stating that Radiant himself was composed of SOLAR energy.

-I will also need scans explicitly stating that DD ABSORBED and STORED Radiant's energy upon his death, and used it to nourish himself for a quarter-million years.

If you can't provide said scans(and I am positive you cannot), then just...stop...f*cking...talking. srsly

celeyhyga17
...Except we KNOW it doesn't play any sort of major role in 'fueling' DD, because he's functioned perfectly fine WITHOUT the added 'nourishment' of solar radiation, on panel.

thumb up

I agree regarding bios and statements.

However the bio does not sharply contradict what was on panel. At least I don't think so Imo. During DoS, he seemed to get stronger, more unstoppable as the arc progressed. He definitely seemed more unstoppable in DD wars and H/P. It may be because he only had the stored solar radiation to go on as opposed to the constant bombardment of solar radiation he most likely absorbed in later arcs.

*shrug*

Galan007
^ It's a sound opinion, but it's just an opinion nonetheless. As I mentioned earlier: it has NEVER been stated(or even alluded to) anywhere on panel that solar energy was boosting DD's power...in any way/shape/form...at ANY point...in ANY arc/story he's appeared in...EVER.

*Adaption* and *evolution* have ALWAYS been cited as the SOLE catalysts responsible for boosting DD's stats -- Bertron specifically engineered him that way. The absorption of solar energy is a secondary(likely even tertiary) means of 'nourishment', which DD canonically does NOT require to function.

Where CANON is concerned: that's it. thumb up

Delta1938
^ It's a sound opinion, but it's just an opinion nonetheless. As I mentioned earlier: it was NEVER stated(or even alluded to) anywhere on panel that solar energy was boosting DD's power...in any way/shape/form...at ANY point...in ANY arc/story he's appeared in...EVER.

*Adaption* and *evolution* have ALWAYS been cited as the SOLE catalysts responsible for boosting DD's stats -- Bertron specifically engineered him that way. The absorption of solar energy is a secondary(likely even tertiary) means of 'nourishment', of which he canonically does NOT at all require to function.

All of this is irrelevant given that Blue specified that only examples from DOS are allowed.

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

Speed equalized.
BFR on.

Who takes this?
How and why?

Blue breaking the very rules he made only proves what I've said about him.

Juntai
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I agree regarding bios and statements.

However the bio does not sharply contradict what was on panel. At least I don't think so Imo. During DoS, he seemed to get stronger, more unstoppable as the arc progressed. He definitely seemed more unstoppable in DD wars and H/P. It may be because he only had the stored solar radiation to go on as opposed to the constant bombardment of solar radiation he most likely absorbed in later arcs.

*shrug* Doomsday also gets stronger with rage, on panel.

bluewaterrider

And what about the fact that you yourself banned anything outside of DEATH OF SUPERMAN and broke your own rule, proving that you made this topic solely because you want Doomsday to lose?

I'm noting with interest that I have yet to see anyone save cdtm bring up anything from Death of Superman (DOS) that would suggest Doomsday even has a fighting chance against Rulk. IN more than 4 pages of posts now.

Part of the reason I posted some of the material you first criticized was to help cdtm corroborate his stance; I thought it a quite clever way for him to give a strength feat to Doomsday where otherwise none seems to exist.

Galan can uncharacteristically try egging me on for saying that, and did.
You, who have performed similar service for debate opponents, including myself, should know better. I don't think you really have failed to notice that my scans help frame cdtm's argument better, even as they counter some of the points as well; I'm a little puzzled over how you're acting.

You err if you truly think I made this topic solely, or even largely, from any desire to see Doomsday lose. One, I rarely post ANYTHING on this forum with only one objective in mind. Two, Rulk is not a favorite character of mine.
Three, I don't see where Jurgens' Superman in DOS gave damage output even equal to what Rulk dished out against Rick Jones as A-Bomb.
Rulk was producing earthquakes that measured 8.0 on the Richter scale as a side effect of his blows and accidentally killed a village's stock of people. Does DOS have anything comparable from Superman? You should refresh my memory if it does.
This is the place for it.

DarkSaint85
Perhaps you should look more closely then.

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11130/111307312/5561982-a1.jpg

Planet was shaken to the core. A Richter 8.0 earthquake is nothing compared to that, as it is only 'felt in extremely large regions'. Certainly not global in effect.

One_Angry_Scot

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11130/111307312/5561982-a1.jpg

Planet was shaken to the core. A Richter 8.0 earthquake is nothing compared to that, as it is only 'felt in extremely large regions'. Certainly not global in effect.

I'm not just seeing things that says Catalonians doesn't it? They made a typo or were the Calatan's in league with Catalan separatists?

DarkSaint85
Doomsday dreams of nothing else but the destruction of Kryptonians, and the establishment of a free Catalan state from her Spanish oppressors.

TheHulkster

It rises to at least Richter 10.0 (above anything recorded in real life).

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3015.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113173/3723932-hulk+%233+016.jpg

Seismic P-waves of smaller quakes often reach Earth's core:

http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_3/seismic.htm

DarkSaint85
Your link from Indiana does not say anything about the core.

In contrast, the earthquake which hit Japan recently, magnitude 9 on the Richter scale, only penetrated around 60km into the Earth's surface.

Here is the source of my info, which actually gives a depth:
https://www2.usgs.gov/faq/categories/9827/3344

Even if we allow for ten times that (which is impossible as it is at oceanic depths, not the desert as in your scan), that's still magnitudes less than the distance to the core.

The distance between the surface and the core is about 6000km.

Edit: at the very least, it shows that yes, DOS DD DOES have a similar, comparable feat. Which has already been posted.

TheHulkster
Your link from Indiana does not say anything about the core.

In contrast, the earthquake which hit Japan recently, magnitude 9 on the Richter scale, only penetrated around 60km into the Earth's surface.

Here is the source of my info, which actually gives a depth:
https://www2.usgs.gov/faq/categories/9827/3344

Even if we allow for ten times that (which is impossible as it is at oceanic depths, not the desert as in your scan), that's still magnitudes less than the distance to the core.

The distance between the surface and the core is about 6000km.

Edit: at the very least, it shows that yes, DOS DD DOES have a similar, comparable feat. Which has already been posted.

My link references waves reaching the core/mantle border. Your link references the depth of the earthquake occurrence, not the distances traveled by the waves. Earthquakes happen beneath the surface but are felt at the surface.

DarkSaint85
Still not sure then, where you got that 'smaller' quakes are used?

And what bearing it has? As your link states,the P waves reach the boundary and then get reflected....the core itself does not shake (if it did, we'd probably be in deep doo doo).

Whereas in the scan, the core was shaken.

Edit: and the main point still stands. Doomsday has a comparable feat.

carver9
My link references waves reaching the core/mantle border. Your link references the depth of the earthquake occurrence, not the distances traveled by the waves. Earthquakes happen beneath the surface but are felt at the surface.

I brought up this ft...amazing showing for Rulk. This is why I said when it comes to collateral, Doomsday doesn't have a single showing that comes close to Rulk. He have one showing that states they shook the planet to its core but it's nothing but hyperbole. It's like me using Ironman words of bringing out a Celestials killer to fight Hulk and it still possibly might not be enough to get the job done. Hyperbole (even though that is outright amazing hyperbole). Doomsday have yet to display that kind of VISIBLE punching power.

TheHulkster
Still not sure then, where you got that 'smaller' quakes are used?

And what bearing it has? As your link states,the P waves reach the boundary and then get reflected....the core itself does not shake (if it did, we'd probably be in deep doo doo).

Whereas in the scan, the core was shaken.

Edit: and the main point still stands. Doomsday has a comparable feat.

We have never witnessed an earthquake exceeding 9.6. Thus any that they have ever studied would have to be smaller than the 10.0 Rulk causes.

DarkSaint85
I was wondering when people brought up 'from hyperbole'.

Problem is, all those debaters of any worth in this thread from Rulk were earlier clinging to that same scan, which talks about how he's nourished by sunlight.

Can't have one, without the other.

DarkSaint85
We have never witnessed an earthquake exceeding 9.6. Thus any that they have ever studied would have to be smaller than the 10.0 Rulk causes.

Actually, if you're using real world logic like that,a Richter 10 event would have destroyed that entire state. Possibly (definitely?) more.

Juntai
It rises to at least Richter 10.0 (above anything recorded in real life).

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3015.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113173/3723932-hulk+%233+016.jpg

Seismic P-waves of smaller quakes often reach Earth's core:

http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_3/seismic.htm Nice try.

Doomsday and Superman's blows were causing WORLDWIDE tsunamis and earthquakes that the other heros were battling. They were shredding the planet. It was confirmed in the wake of the battle, as an explanation of why many other heros weren't available .

DarkSaint85
Have you got the scan of that Junty?

TheHulkster
Have you got the scan of that Junty?

Hopefully he will post them soon. While we wait, here is Green Hulk causing worldwide effects hitting random gamma beings:

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/hulk/Hulk_Gamma_Jabalies_4.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/5566578-9964892293-48091.jpg

DarkSaint85
What does that have to do with Rulk?

I mean, this is going to turn into Superman really quick lol.

Or Martian Manhunter highest feats (lol) and then saying DD is that plus more.

Galan007
I'm still trying to figure out why some of these Rulk/Hulk fanatics are so desperately clinging to collateral damage like it's supposed to 'prove' something..? Since when did that become the end-all/be-all way to gauge a character's power, lol?

...Especially when there are literally hundredS of showings like this floating around:
http://i.imgur.com/i9hoLiym.jpg
*A blast that could have destroyed "several BILLION" dimensions doesn't even damage an apartment.

http://i.imgur.com/WVk7Rfpm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Ot2qBiVm.jpg
*Galactus busts through ALL of Thanos' shields' w/o causing hardly any damage to the room they were standing in.

...Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.g_infinity

Some of the BS in this thread is just sickening, tbh. srsly

leonidas
thumb up

-K-M-
Galan is triggered

DarkSaint85
Just remember: Hulk and Rulk's pants never disintegrate.

There's collateral damage for you thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Galan is triggered http://i.imgur.com/5Tubuif.png

StiltmanFTW
What Galan's saying here is that a generic ki blast is capable of disintegrating a sundipped Superman.

I approve thumb up

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/kP7RZaq.gif

Rao Kal El
All you need to know is this:

#HulkisHulk

StiltmanFTW
All you need to know is this:

#HulkisHulk

laughing

I swear, this one never gets old.

Except in this thread, it's been taken to a whole new level... and not by carver...

Sin I AM
I'm still trying to figure out why some of these Rulk/Hulk fanatics are so desperately clinging to collateral damage like it's supposed to 'prove' something..? Since when did that become the end-all/be-all way to gauge a character's power, lol?

...Especially when there are literally hundredS of showings like this floating around:
http://i.imgur.com/i9hoLiym.jpg
*A blast that could have destroyed "several BILLION" dimensions doesn't even damage an apartment.

*Galactus busts through ALL of Thanos' shields' w/o causing hardly any damage to the room they were standing in.

...Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.g_infinity

Some of the BS in this thread is just sickening, tbh. srsly

https://media0.giphy.com/media/RxTZeymDfS2By/giphy.gif

TheHulkster
Galen made that change:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=572586&pagenumber=1#post14093932

Galan007
You must not have read all of my responses in that thread -- and certainly did not comprehend what was actually being discussed, lol.

#TrollFail laughing out loud

TheHulkster
You must not have read all of my responses in that thread -- and certainly did not comprehend what was actually being discussed, lol.

#TrollFail laughing out loud

I read you slowly backsliding weak sauce.

-K-M-
I don't even know what's even being debated anymore

Galan007
I read you slowly backsliding weak sauce. laughing out loud Forgot you're that one sock who has a hard-on for me, lol.

It's cute. smile

Galan007
I don't even know what's even being debated anymore At this point? Nothing, lol.

The Hulkamaniacs have absolutely NO evidence to support Rulk winning...So they reverted to posting Hulk feats...Then Skaar feats...Then just randomly trolling when their BS was picked apart.

IOW, it's your typical Hulk-related thread. thumb up

TheHulkster
laughing out loud Forgot you're that one sock who has a hard-on for me, lol.

It's cute. smile

Haha! You made a phallic reference when Abhi criticized your emphasis on collateral damage in that thread. Keep that on your mind much? sick

Galan007
At this point? Nothing, lol.

The Hulkamaniacs have absolutely NO evidence to support Rulk winning...So they reverted to posting Hulk feats...Then Skaar feats...Then just randomly trolling when their BS was picked apart.

IOW, it's your typical Hulk-related thread. thumb up
Haha! You made a phallic reference when Abhi criticized your emphasis on collateral damage in that thread. Keep that on your mind much? sick

See what I mean, Mungi? laughing out loud

TheHulkster
Galan is triggered

He's hurting. laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Kewl. Sock Wars is back!

https://media.giphy.com/media/AGZXYM7bl9oC4/giphy.gif

TheHulkster
Everyone is a sock.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t627666.html#post15779498

Damborgson
You're coming off creepier than clever there Hulkster laughing out loud

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Damborgson
You're coming off creepier than clever there Hulkster laughing out loud

Socks. evil face

-K-M-
https://media.giphy.com/media/5DlwRpCbY156w/giphy.gif

DarkSaint85
I wish I had socks.

bluewaterrider
So, unsurprisingly, it turns out I was right about who the Original Poster (OP) of the thread that inspired this one meant when he was asking about Red Hulk/Rulk.

He meant "Thunderbolt" Ross, much as I explained.

As for the issue Delta preoccupied himself with, I stand by it.
Most people participating in that thread probably did not realize Marvel Comics has apparently replaced Rulk with someone named Maverick until DarkSaint (DS) mentioned it on page 4. Not me, apparently not Damborgson, and not the original poster of that thread, either. The fact that DS had actually broached that topic before then does nothing to change the truth of what I wrote. He wrote it on page 1 and few people noticed. He wrote it on page 4, when "now" was when the thread was on page 4, and people DID notice it then. And Damborgson and myself responded accordingly:

Why are we ignoring the fact that current Red Hulk, Robert Maverick, is nowhere near Loeb force Rulk???

Originally posted by Damborgson
They replaced Ross too?

Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman, Nova, Red Hulk, who else has been upstaged?

Probably because most people, myself and Damborgson included, had no idea Ross had been replaced as Red Hulk until you brought it up here, now, on page 4 of this thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=643252&pagenumber=4

Originally posted by marcssands14
The red hulk that I'm talking about is Ross.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=643252&pagenumber=6#post16237019

bluewaterrider
I'm still trying to figure out why some of these Rulk/Hulk fanatics are so desperately clinging to collateral damage like it's supposed to 'prove' something..? Since when did that become the end-all/be-all way to gauge a character's power ... ?

Most of your examples seem to be of ray blasts, light, heat, energy, etcetera.
Both the ones I featured here below AND the ones I omitted.
These are things that generally are focused or concentrated to produce great intensity. They are essentially variations of Torch's concentration maneuver here at the behest of Spider-Man, the focusing of heat/light/energy, etcetera. Which neither in comics nor in real life is usually expected to do great harm to most of the surroundings:

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/35235855_image.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/35235856_image.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/35235858_image.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/35235859_image.jpg

bluewaterrider
I don't even know what's even being debated anymore

That's actually relatively easy, despite all the background noise.

I essentially want to know if Red Hulk as he debuted, roundabout 2008, would have defeated Doomsday as he debuted, roundabout 1993, if speed was not a factor and Rulk took Superman's place, or was put in some similar locale.

So far I am coming to the conclusion that Rulk would indeed win owing partly to his greater strength. In particular, on the last few pages, it's the fact that Rulk caused an earthquake measuring a full 9.0 on the Richter scale, and accidentally killed the people of a nearby and/or surrounding village by merely punching his opponent too hard.

By contrast, the blows Superman gave to Doomsday to finish DD do not seem to have caused proportionally many casualties, and the narration of the "sons of Krypton shaking the planet to the core" seem to be a much later retcon added years later to embellish the original Death of Superman tale.

DarkSaint85
So, unsurprisingly, it turns out I was right about who the Original Poster (OP) of the thread that inspired this one meant when he was asking about Red Hulk/Rulk.

He meant "Thunderbolt" Ross, much as I explained.

As for the issue Delta preoccupied himself with, I stand by it.
Most people participating in that thread probably did not realize Marvel Comics has apparently replaced Rulk with someone named Maverick until DarkSaint (DS) mentioned it on page 4. Not me, apparently not Damborgson, and not the original poster of that thread, either. The fact that DS had actually broached that topic before then does nothing to change the truth of what I wrote. He wrote it on page 1 and few people noticed. He wrote it on page 4, when "now" was when the thread was on page 4, and people DID notice it then. And Damborgson and myself responded accordingly:

What he means, and what others' (including yours) ignorance is, is nothing to do with me.

I am actually surprised, blue. Shocked, even. That you would hide behind the comfort of a groupthink mentality.

Forum rules are VERY clear. If OP does not specify, we divert to the most recent incarnation (which, if you re-read the thread, I was replying to carver, who WAS using the most recent incarnation).

OP coming back in a few days later (despite having logged in earlier) and clarifying, does NOTHING to alter the forum rules,does it?

It is very clear. We use the most recent incarnation, if the OP does not specify.

You being ignorant, or Damborgy being ignorant, or anyone else is, well....no defence. Neither is it my problem.

But to hide behind 'well, EVERYONE doing it!' is....disappointing.

bluewaterrider
Much as I said in my last post in the thread you're referring to:

There's no attempt to hide behind anything on my part.
You focus so much on being technically correct that you don't stop to consider whether you even understand who and/or what you're responding to.

I figured a poster with the history of the OP probably meant Ross.

I was right.

For the record, though I was and am genuinely curious and probably would have made it anyway (note I already introduced a SHE-Rulk versus Doomsday thread years ago), addressing and correcting for your actions, of completely trampling what the original poster wanted us to discuss, was the deciding factor among several for my making the thread we're in.

DarkSaint85
And I have replied:

I understood perfectly well.

Forum rules are clear. I came in, and posted a reply to carver who was using the most recent showings of Rulk. That was who I was responding to, on pg1, which you kept missing. Someone who professes to be knowledgeable in all things Hulk.

Again, your ignorance (which you tried to cover up by saying I hadn't mentioned it until page 4), Carver's ignorance, or OP's ignorance - none of that is my problem.

If you don't know, or are not up to speed with the characters you are supposed to be debating (just as I had to do so nearly 5 years ago, again on Rulk) then perhaps you should stay out of Rulk threads:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=569460&pagenumber=40

Get up to speed with them first. Then debate.

DarkSaint85
In fact, in that very thread (sadly now closed, hindering my ability to quote) a mod had to step in and remind everyone that we used current versions of the characters.

And yes, it was in reference to you, blue, and your used of Rulk. AGAIN.

Towards the end of the page:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=569460&pagenumber=6

bluewaterrider
It's an admirable effort, D.S.

Doesn't help you in this thread, though.

Here, in this thread, we ARE talking about Loebforce Rulk.
Versus Death of Superman-era Doomsday AS he appeared in DOS.

Now, I don't recall you actually giving your opinion BASED on DOS DD and Loebforce Rulk. Only debating whether Booster Gold had full force shields with JBL on page 1. I agree with the side that says DD wasn't all that impressive. I don't have DOS in front of me at the moment; maybe there's some scene I'm forgetting, but, I look at the following and think, "Doomsday seemed fast largely to people who were reacting from surprise or who had largely exhausted themselves. Even so, even being compromised, they survived what DD dished out. Even Booster Gold, who seems to have been operating at a fraction of his normal power ..."

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/35236838_image.jpg https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/35236839_image.jpg https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/35236840_image.jpg https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/35236841_image.jpg

bluewaterrider
Blast.

It seems TurboImageHost really DOES develop problems the closer it gets to Wednesday. Would have sworn my first scan, showing Booster Gold explaining his power was nearly drained and likening himself to Pee Wee Herman, displayed a moment ago.

Well, let's see if that first scan, which should have preceded everything shown a post ago, will load now, along with an enlargement of the most relevant panels:

https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35236939_image.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35236940_image.jpg

DarkSaint85
It's an admirable effort, D.S.

Doesn't help you in this thread, though.

Here, in this thread, we ARE talking about Loebforce Rulk.
Versus Death of Superman-era Doomsday AS he appeared in DOS.

I know.

I was merely replying to the post that you had quoted in this thread, from a thread that had different stips.

I mean,if you wanted me to see your post, I too wanted you to see my post.

If you wanted to showcase to others how you thought you were in the right, I too just wanted others to see that it was not the case.

Your reasons for quoting yourself from another thread, in other words, is the same reason j quoted myself.

bluewaterrider
Congratulations on hijacking that thread, despite admitting you knew the OP meant someone entirely different, to safely insult Carver and myself, Dark.
That was reasonably skillful work.

In the meantime, though, I DO want to see if anyone can make a strong case for DD on his Death of Superman feats. The further this thread progresses, the less I believe he does, for the only counters have come from speed, which I specified would be equalized here, and retcons that came after DOS.

Gonna post a link to Rulk's respect thread on this forum, one, for convenience, two, to allow people the chance to predict where I might go argument-wise and the showings they'll need to counter:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t490624.html

Now, since I don't have my own TurboImage illustration of the Rulk punchquake

https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/35238695_image.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/35238696_image.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/35238697_image.jpg

Rick as A-Bomb survived this 9-on-the-Richter-Scale punch.
Judging from the level of punching a nearly exhausted Superman put Doomsday down with, I say Rulk scores a win against DD by knockout if not outright takeout.

Is there anything in DOS to argue convincingly against this?

DarkSaint85
Congratulations on hijacking that thread, despite admitting you knew the OP meant someone entirely different, to safely insult Carver and myself, Dark.
That was reasonably skillful work.

Not sure how educating you is meant to be insulting? Nor was I admitting anything, I merely pointed out that current Rulk (which is what forum rules dictate we use, AND was what Carver had been referring to) was Maverick.

YOU'RE the one who jumped in with both feet, claiming that I hadn't told anyone until page 4. Another piece of errata on your part.

And retcons, incidentally, still count. That is the whole point of them.

bluewaterrider

And retcons, incidentally, still count.

Not in this thread they don't.

I'm not bothered by people mentioning them, mind you.
Nor, within reason, am I going to discourage speculation.

But if it's not from Death of Superman for Doomsday, I'm not going to spend a great deal of time responding to or entertaining it.

emu
No victory should be claimed by collateral damage, unless planets are cracked and moons are smashed to pieces.

DD is solid mass, he could of soaked all the energy from that
richter scale 9 punch for all you know Blue, leaving not a single reverberation.

Comparing collateral damage is just a murky road to go down.

DarkSaint85
Not in this thread they don't.

I'm not bothered by people mentioning them, mind you.
Nor, within reason, am I going to discourage speculation.

But if it's not from Death of Superman for Doomsday, I'm not going to spend a great deal of time responding to or entertaining it.

Which slightly goes against forum rulings about using canon sources.

Yet, a by-the-by tangent. Am curious, however, how you were willing to entertain notions from Hunter/Prey Doomsday (a different storyline altogether)?

After all, from the DoS storyline, Doomsday had no energy to siphon off. There was never any proof that he relied on solar energy. That was added later. In the H/P story.

NOT, in the DoS story. Happy to be corrected, though.

Why does it matter? In THIS thread, Rulk would have nothing to amp off. He would get madder, but he does NOT get stronger. Instead, he gets hotter, burning himself out.

bluewaterrider

Am curious ... how you were willing to entertain notions from Hunter/Prey Doomsday (a different storyline altogether)?

https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t1/35244963_image.jpg https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t1/35244964_image.jpg

Presumably you refer to my originally posting the above visuals?

I don't mind exploring good ideas OR providing corroborating evidence for others.
Pretty sure I've done the first with you, and the latter is one of the few values I share with Salsa and Delta, who before now have often provided scans on request for me.

Cdtm's effort to use DD overcoming Booster Gold's force fields was the cleverest attempt at giving the character a strength feat on this board that I've yet seen. Why would I not reward that if I can?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>