Doc Ock vs. Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Classic versions:

Octavius back when was known as Master Planner.

Goblin before getting impaled with his own glider and 'dying' for the first time.

Fight in some abandoned warehouse, to limit Goblin's mobility a bit.

SamZED
Goblin should win an all out battle.

basilisk
Goblin through mobility plus bombs.

Vanguard
I like both theses guys. But Goblin wins

StiltmanFTW
I dunno, always felt that Norman Goblin sucked... both character- and battle performance-wise... if he weren't responsible for Gwen's death, he'd get forgotten just like Trapster or Slyde, imo.

You're probably right though, guys. Ock mentioned that ranged attacks put him at a disadvantage. Add flight to that and he's sorta screwed.

leonidas
yeah too much range. stay out of reach, lob some bombs or some gas. if he made a mistake and got in close otto finishes him and his glider quick. def edge to goblin, even in a warehouse though if it's packed with stuff, otto may have a better chance. he can throw and defend with some of the stuff hanging around maybe.

StiltmanFTW
Ock has dealt with bombs (simply blocked them) and with gas before, though...

leonidas
yeah, that's always seemed....odd. if he can swat the bombs that would def give him a chance. a couple bombs would bring the house down and goblin could just lob them on top when he's digging out maybe? not sure how he'd beat a couple gas bombs though. i think ock could def win a couple but still, a solid edge to goblin.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, that's always seemed....odd. if he can swat the bombs that would def give him a chance.

Arms simply absorb those explosions quite fine. He does get sent flying from what I recall, though. They're not vibranium, after all.

not sure how he'd beat a couple gas bombs though.

He can spin them tentacles fast enough to create mini-tornados dealing with that sort of attacks, lol. I'm not even kidding.

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Doctor-Octopus-Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-h2.jpg

Talon Fang
Does Green Goblin still have his Finger Glove Lasers? Or have those been fazed out of continuity?

leonidas
i haven't seen finger lasers in a while.... but maybe. could be deflected though i guess.

@stilt--we GOTTA get some kind of expiration date for viable scans around this place. lol

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

He can spin them tentacles fast enough to create mini-tornados dealing with that sort of attacks, lol. I'm not even kidding.

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Doctor-Octopus-Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-h2.jpg This is magnificent. laughing out loud
And I never cared for GG as well. I started with cartoons, not comics. And he sucked in TAS.

h1a8
Doc is very fast moving with the arms and can leap good distances. If GG comes within range then Doc has a good chance.

StiltmanFTW
i haven't seen finger lasers in a while.... but maybe. could be deflected though i guess.

@stilt--we GOTTA get some kind of expiration date for viable scans around this place. lol

Nah, I'm fine with the classic scans, even with the silly ones. If anything, we should disqualify some of the modern stuff. Batman headbutting Bane, Odin headbutting Galactus... outright retarded... do I need to go on? laughing out loud

Anyway, even if you wanted to exclude old feats, I wanted classic versions here, remember stick out tongue So it totally counts.

Originally posted by Talon Fang
Does Green Goblin still have his Finger Glove Lasers? Or have those been fazed out of continuity?

Sure he does.

http://www.thegreengoblinshideout.com/_/rsrc/1398646397567/goblin-nation/SuperiorSM_27014vp.jpg

Originally posted by SamZED
This is magnificent. laughing out loud
And I never cared for GG as well. I started with cartoons, not comics. And he sucked in TAS.

At least in comics, he was THE original Goblin. In TAS, Macendale was the first.

Sin I AM
Has it ever been explained how Doc survived getting hit? Or was his durability boosted

StiltmanFTW
Parker held back.

As for other superhuman attacks Otto took over the years... no explanation. The only retcon reveal was about Ock not being able to heal properly due to radiation, which makes him surviving meta attacks even harder to believe.

SamZED
Taking superhuman hits (Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man) is the reason he was dying before the whole Superior thing.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, because radiation prevented him from healing. Which makes Ock the most durable human in all Marvel stick out tongue

While Osborn wet his pants when Clint threatened to toss him out of the window.

SamZED
You're saying it like being affraid of Lord Barton is a bad showing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.