KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doc Ock vs. Green Goblin

Doc Ock vs. Green Goblin
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Doc Ock vs. Green Goblin

Classic versions:

Octavius back when was known as Master Planner.

Goblin before getting impaled with his own glider and 'dying' for the first time.

Fight in some abandoned warehouse, to limit Goblin's mobility a bit.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 11:57 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Goblin should win an all out battle.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 01:47 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Goblin through mobility plus bombs.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 03:16 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

I like both theses guys. But Goblin wins

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 08:58 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I dunno, always felt that Norman Goblin sucked... both character- and battle performance-wise... if he weren't responsible for Gwen's death, he'd get forgotten just like Trapster or Slyde, imo.

You're probably right though, guys. Ock mentioned that ranged attacks put him at a disadvantage. Add flight to that and he's sorta screwed.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 09:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah too much range. stay out of reach, lob some bombs or some gas. if he made a mistake and got in close otto finishes him and his glider quick. def edge to goblin, even in a warehouse though if it's packed with stuff, otto may have a better chance. he can throw and defend with some of the stuff hanging around maybe.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 09:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ock has dealt with bombs (simply blocked them) and with gas before, though...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 09:11 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, that's always seemed....odd. if he can swat the bombs that would def give him a chance. a couple bombs would bring the house down and goblin could just lob them on top when he's digging out maybe? not sure how he'd beat a couple gas bombs though. i think ock could def win a couple but still, a solid edge to goblin.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 09:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, that's always seemed....odd. if he can swat the bombs that would def give him a chance.

Arms simply absorb those explosions quite fine. He does get sent flying from what I recall, though. They're not vibranium, after all.

not sure how he'd beat a couple gas bombs though.

He can spin them tentacles fast enough to create mini-tornados dealing with that sort of attacks, lol. I'm not even kidding.

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...l-Comics-h2.jpg

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 09:23 PM
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does Green Goblin still have his Finger Glove Lasers? Or have those been fazed out of continuity?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 11:06 PM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i haven't seen finger lasers in a while.... but maybe. could be deflected though i guess.

@stilt--we GOTTA get some kind of expiration date for viable scans around this place. lol

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 11:42 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

He can spin them tentacles fast enough to create mini-tornados dealing with that sort of attacks, lol. I'm not even kidding.

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...l-Comics-h2.jpg
This is magnificent. laughing out loud
And I never cared for GG as well. I started with cartoons, not comics. And he sucked in TAS.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 03:29 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Doc is very fast moving with the arms and can leap good distances. If GG comes within range then Doc has a good chance.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 07:45 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

i haven't seen finger lasers in a while.... but maybe. could be deflected though i guess.

@stilt--we GOTTA get some kind of expiration date for viable scans around this place. lol

Nah, I'm fine with the classic scans, even with the silly ones. If anything, we should disqualify some of the modern stuff. Batman headbutting Bane, Odin headbutting Galactus... outright retarded... do I need to go on? laughing out loud

Anyway, even if you wanted to exclude old feats, I wanted classic versions here, remember stick out tongue So it totally counts.

Originally posted by Talon Fang
Does Green Goblin still have his Finger Glove Lasers? Or have those been fazed out of continuity?

Sure he does.

http://www.thegreengoblinshideout.c...rSM_27014vp.jpg

Originally posted by SamZED
This is magnificent. laughing out loud
And I never cared for GG as well. I started with cartoons, not comics. And he sucked in TAS.

At least in comics, he was THE original Goblin. In TAS, Macendale was the first.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 08:02 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Has it ever been explained how Doc survived getting hit? Or was his durability boosted

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 09:09 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Parker held back.

As for other superhuman attacks Otto took over the years... no explanation. The only retcon reveal was about Ock not being able to heal properly due to radiation, which makes him surviving meta attacks even harder to believe.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 10:27 AM
SamZED

Taking superhuman hits (Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man) is the reason he was dying before the whole Superior thing.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 11:22 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, because radiation prevented him from healing. Which makes Ock the most durable human in all Marvel stick out tongue

While Osborn wet his pants when Clint threatened to toss him out of the window.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 02:02 PM
SamZED

You're saying it like being affraid of Lord Barton is a bad showing

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 10:47 PM