Vaylin and Arcann vs Darth Vader and Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
All at their respective peaks.

Who wins?

Emperordmb
Team one. Waywin is the MVP

AncientPower
Is this deadbeat Legends Vader or are we doing canon crossovers here?

The fact canon Vader has a vision of him kicking Palpatine's ass, should he choose to redeem himself, is ****ing amazing.

UCanShootMyNova
Galen solos.

AncientPower
Kek.

Vaylin > Marek.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

AncientPower
Destroying the Sanitarium with a mere thought whilst in orbit of the planet, is better than anything Marek ever did.

UCanShootMyNova
Not better then destroying the supports of an orbital superstructure. With a thought. smile

Rockydonovang
team 2, wayder's the mvp and the best duelist

AncientPower
Except that's a vast overestimation of what he actually did. Besides, it took all of his power and full concentration to do such a thing. Vaylin concentrated for three-to-five seconds and reduced a mountain complex to nothing but ash.

This is only after she was unleashing so much power whilst being torn apart by the BRAIN, that a single random bolt of her power ashed 'incredibly powerful' Force users in an instant, and which would've killed the Outlander instantly if he hadn't escaped.

Or let's talk about how Vaylin shielded herself and Senya fom a point blank hyperdrive explosion which would've otherwise vaporised Senya instantly, only after she'd torn apart ships and dozens of Zakuul Knights in an utter slaughter.

I could go on.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by AncientPower
Except that's a vast overestimation of what he actually did. It took all of his power and full concentration to do such a thing, Vaylin concentrated for three seconds and reduced a mountain complex to nothing but 'ash and dust'.

Nowhere does it state it took all of Galen's power to accomplish the feat. Are you suggesting that the complex Vaylin destroyed was comparable to a mountain in size?

This is only after she was unleashing so much power whilst being torn apart by the BRAIN, that a single random bolt of her power ashed 'incredibly powerful' Force users in an instant.

"Incredibly powerful Force users" can range anywhere from Sidious to Vindican so I can't say I'm too impressed unless these fodder have some feats.

Or let's talk about how Vaylin shielded herself and Senya fom a point blank hyperdrive explosion which would've otherwise vaporised Senya instantly, only after she'd torn apart ships and dozens of Zakuul Knights in an utter slaughter.

We could talk about that. We could also talk about Galen Marek at the start of the novel powering the hyperdrive engine of a Corellian frigate that was too big for him to get around or jump over before proceeding to send hundreds of droids into the stratosphere and cause a ground quake with a Force blast. smile

I could go on.

At this point, I'd suggest posting whatever you have.

slayne
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

Rockydonovang
Vaylin's feats are better than Marek's(tearing apart multiple ships, destroying a sanitorium). But what does Vaylin have that puts her above Vader who far from his prime was >/= to a force user who could bust frigates?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Vaylin's feats are better than Marek's. But what does Vaylin have that puts her above Vader?

No they aren't. Vaylin is likely above Vader though if we're comparing feats only.

slayne
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
No they aren't. Vaylin is likely above Vader though if we're comparing feats only.
She's definitely above Vader, lol.

AncientPower
Nowhere does it state it took all of Galen's power to accomplish the feat. Are you suggesting that the complex Vaylin destroyed was comparable to a mountain in size?

His obvious strain in both the novel and graphic novel makes that pretty clear.

The Sanatorium is within the mountain. If you actually play the game, there's an entire damn biosphere within the thing which houses all kinds of creatures.

"Incredibly powerful Force users" can range anywhere from Sidious to Vindican so I can't say I'm too impressed unless these fodder have some feats.

They can survive on Nathema indefinitely, they are culled by the void itself. Either they survive on sheer willpower or die. So call them fodder all you want, it's vastly more impressive than Marek ashing stormtroopers with a concentrated attack. Hence the point.

You also missed the part where those same powers threatened to kill the Outlander unless he escaped.

We could talk about that. We could also talk about Galen Marek at the start of the novel powering the hyperdrive engine of a Corellian frigate that was too big for him to get around or jump over before proceeding to send hundreds of droids into the stratosphere and cause a ground quake with a Force blast. smile

How in the hell is powering a hyperdrive comparable to tanking the point blank explosion of one? This is a Force shield feat.

At this point, I'd suggest posting whatever you have.

All in good time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Emperordmb

UCanShootMyNova
His obvious strain in both the novel and graphic novel makes that pretty clear.

Going to need you to elaborate on that and maybe post some scans since the event I'm referring to occurs exclusively in the novel and he doesn't strain to accomplish the feat. :/

Making up fictional sources again AP? Tsk tsk. You should try to preserve what little credibility you have left.

The Sanatorium is within the mountain. If you actually play the game, there's an entire damn biosphere within the thing which houses all kinds of creatures.

So not the size of a mountain. Thank you for your concession.

They can survive on Nathema indefinitely, they are culled by the void itself. Either they survive on sheer willpower or die. So call them fodder all you want, it's vastly more impressive than Marek ashing stormtroopers with a concentrated attack. Hence the point.

All of that sounds great. Now please give me something other then meaningless hype about "being formed in the void" and a willpower feat.

I'm curious where you're getting the idea that Marek "concentrated" to disintegrate stormtroopers. Any evidence from any source ( aside from your ass of course ) backing up these claims would be appreciated.

You also missed the part where those same powers threatened to kill the Outlander unless he escaped.

Are you referring to Vaylin or the random fodder she killed? Because one of those is a point that was actually being addressed while the other is a side tangent you brought up. If you want to discuss a feat/scaling comparison between Galen and the Outlander, we can do that too, but don't act as if I'm ignoring that fact. I don't find the Outlander to be on Marek's level either.

How in the hell is powering a hyperdrive comparable to tanking the point blank explosion of one? This is a Force shield feat.

Because tanking the energies that power a hyperdrive takes less energy then creating the energy that powers it. If you're talking about pure Force shielding feats though, I'd have to say Galen's shields diminishing lightning that broke through Sidious's force barrier to non lethal levels is better then Vaylin tanking a release of energy equivalent to what a beginning of the novel Galen Marek can create on a whim.

All in good time.

Try not to make baseless claims/make up sources in your future posts.

carthage
Team 2 annihilates

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
AP, Vaylin never destroyed the sanatorium via her own power, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vaylin never destroyed the sanatorium via her own power, lol.

AP lied about ANOTHER feat? 0_0

An shocker. smile

AncientPower
LMFAO are you that desperate that you're trying to insult me right out of the gate? Wow, this'll be even easier than I thought.

So,

1.You implied he destroyed all six, when he actually only destroyed two directly.

2.You lied, he is stated to be incapable of achieving greater focus before destroying the first mooring, and having unleashed much more power than just Sith lightning.

Whilst it's an incredibly impressive showing of his Force reserves, due to it stating that he didn't lose much energy, you are way off ball comparing it to Vaylin's feat. They're not even in the same ballpark.

Are you being this dense on purpose? I certainly hope so, would hate to waste my time with somebody idiotic enough to actually make that argument.

The Sanitarium is a structure built within a mountain, it is an enormous complex. Thus the Sanitarium being completely overloaded and reduced to ash by Vaylin's mere thought, from outer orbit, would mean that the mountain itself would obviously be severely damaged, if not outright collapse.

Keeping in mind that to overload BRAIN and annihilate the Sanitarium, means that she must have more than doubled in power when she was unchained. Simply because she was almost killed, her powers almost literally torn apart, by BRAIN, until her willpower broke her out of it and unchained her.

Certainly:

Noting that the void of Nathema caused the likes of Surik intense mental and spiritual damage.

Oh my bad, I forgot, Marek didn't even do that, Starkiller did. So he hasn't even ashed stormtroopers yet.

Vaylin, the power which ashed the Zealot is the same power threatening to kill the Outlander on contact and destroy the entire Asylum.

Than*

But I'm afraid that's a massive assumption. Pouring enough power into a hyperdrive that it starts in a completely unstable state, doesn't compare to shielding yourself and another from a point blank explosion, in less time than Senya took to even realise that it was going to explode.

Thanks for biting.

Chained!Vaylin scaling above Arcann actually kind of kills that.

First, let's analyse the facts:

Valkorion was capable of insta-killing hundreds of Zakuul knights with a death field wave. (Without killing the Outlander's allies.)

Valkorion in a far less powerful incarnation killed nine Dark Councillors with a 'flash'.

Valkorion in a far less powerful incarnation overwhelmed the Force defenses of Revan in an exchange of raw power, and would've killed him if not for T3-M4's interruption. This being a much more powerful incarnation of the same character who defeated and killed Darth Malak on the Star Forge.(A feat strongly implied by Drew Karpyshyn to be due to Revan's Force power, despite being massively hindered by the nexus.)

Darth Malak who is amplified by the Star Forge, which is a far more powerful source of energy, by some orders of magnitude, than the Star Maps. The Star Maps, which provided the likes of Karness Muur with such power that he was more powerful than Vector!Vader and Darth Krayt.

Arcann tanked his Force Lightning Storm, without needing to achieve Oneness to even compete, unlike Marek:

Which is confirmed here:

Yet Chained!Vaylin is confirmed to be more powerful than Arcann by some degree:

Far before, as I mentioned, Vaylin's powers vastly grew due to the events of Nathema.

Is your ass sore enough yet or do you want me to go deeper?

AncientPower

Whilst in the BRAIN her power is so strong that it's stated she would die and destroy the entire Asylum as a result of her power. Hence them hiding in Valkorion's tree house, the only place capable of withstanding it. Then she goes to her ship in outer orbit and overloads the entire system with her Force power, a system designed specifically for controlling Force power, and ends up levelling the place. To 'ash' as she put it.

Your memories are off.

AncientPower
AP lied about ANOTHER feat? 0_0

An shocker. smile

Aw, you thought he was going to save you.

godemperortrump
Wow. All four characters are absolute trash

MythLord
The fact canon Vader has a vision of him kicking Palpatine's ass, should he choose to redeem himself, is ****ing amazing.

EU Vader has the exact same thing... In fact, he has multiple visions of him killing his Master. It means jacksh!t.

carthage
The only trash in the thread is AP

AncientPower
Originally posted by MythLord
EU Vader has the exact same thing... In fact, he has multiple visions of him killing his Master. It means jacksh!t.

The Canon one seems much more profound and carries more weight, though that's just me.

Azronger
Vader solos

AncientPower
That's about as likely as the Caedus RT.

UCanShootMyNova
LMFAO are you that desperate that you're trying to insult me right out of the gate? Wow, this'll be even easier than I thought.

You literally stated that the graphic novel supported the idea that Galen "strained" to accomplish the feat when the feat didn't even occur within the graphic novel. You lied. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. I'm sorry you got caught ( I'm actually not ) but now you have to deal with the consequences. I.E. me ribbing you a bit for it.

So,

1.You implied he destroyed all six, when he actually only destroyed two directly.

2.You lied, he is stated to be incapable of achieving greater focus before destroying the first mooring, and having unleashed much more power than just Sith lightning.

Whilst it's an incredibly impressive showing of his Force reserves, due to it stating that he didn't lose much energy, you are way off ball comparing it to Vaylin's feat. They're not even in the same ballpark.

1. I didn't imply anything. If your interpretation of my statements lead you to an incorrect assumption, that's your fault.

2. Where did I lie? I didn't say he hadn't focused his energies beforehand. I stated that he didn't strain to accomplish the feat. Something that's true given the following:

"He opened his eyes and looked up. The mooring was barely recognizable as the same structure. Electrical discharges danced across its conducting surfaces. Ultrastressed permacrete flowed like treacle. Larger fragments began to fall and he batted them away with the Force, feeling no more drained by his exertion than he would have from a light run." - The Force Unleashed.

Nowhere does it state how long it took him to gather that energy ( considering he was surrounded by Imperial forces it wasn't long ). It could have been more or less time then it took Vaylin to carry out the feat you claimed. Though, according to Skillz, your claim may be less then valid. As such I'm going to have to require some proof that the feat you claimed Vaylin accomplished actually occurred.

Are you being this dense on purpose? I certainly hope so, would hate to waste my time with somebody idiotic enough to actually make that argument.

The Sanitarium is a structure built within a mountain, it is an enormous complex. Thus the Sanitarium being completely overloaded and reduced to ash by Vaylin's mere thought, from outer orbit, would mean that the mountain itself would obviously be severely damaged, if not outright collapse.

Keeping in mind that to overload BRAIN and annihilate the Sanitarium, means that she must have more than doubled in power when she was unchained. Simply because she was almost killed, her powers almost literally torn apart, by BRAIN, until her willpower broke her out of it and unchained her.

A structure being built WITHIN a mountain does not mean it is itself the size of a mountain. The extent to which the mountain would be damaged depends on the size of the structure within it and the type of attack Vaylin launched against it.

And? Does Unchained have a feat that would make what you're saying relevant?

Certainly:

Noting that the void of Nathema caused the likes of Surik intense mental and spiritual damage.

"able to withstand the horrors of the void through a regime of daily rituals and intense meditation."

I highlighted the relevant part of the passage for you. Now, I'll ask again, other then meaningless hype and willpower feats, what do they have to suggest they're beyond the standard Force user these types of quotes are applied to?

Oh my bad, I forgot, Marek didn't even do that, Starkiller did. So he hasn't even ashed stormtroopers yet.

You seem to be forgetting a lot of things. That's alright though. I'll ask again, provide evidence to back your statement that Starkiller had to "concentrate" to disintegrate those stormtroopers.

Vaylin, the power which ashed the Zealot is the same power threatening to kill the Outlander on contact and destroy the entire Asylum.

Going to need the context for that claim tbh. It seems off given the Outlander was actively moving against an Unchained Vaylin's bursts of power and was no worse for wear afterwards.

Than*

But I'm afraid that's a massive assumption. Pouring enough power into a hyperdrive that it starts in a completely unstable state, doesn't compare to shielding yourself and another from a point blank explosion, in less time than Senya took to even realise that it was going to explode.

It's not an assumption. It's a fact. Directly creating the energy needed to power a hyperdrive is > then tanking the energy that powers it since you're only matching/neutralizing a fraction of the overall energy.

Thanks for biting.

Chained!Vaylin scaling above Arcann actually kind of kills that.

If you're attempting to say that Arcann having defended himself against Valkorion's lightning and Vaylin being more powerful then him means she's better at shielding then Galen, that line of reasoning is wrong for two reasons. The first being that Force user's are not necessarily better at using specific abilities simply because they're more powerful and the second being that Arcann shielding himself from a weakened Valkorion's lightning who was not even able to destroy the ships that were hit with it is not better then Galen shielding himself from lightning that pierced Sidious's force defenses.

First, let's analyse the facts:

This should be good.

*Copy pasted feats from Valkorion's respect thread*

Cool. Cool.

Darth Malak who is amplified by the Star Forge, which is a far more powerful source of energy, by some orders of magnitude, than the Star Maps. The Star Maps, which provided the likes of Karness Muur with such power that he was more powerful than Vector!Vader and Darth Krayt.

Going to need a quote stating it was the star maps that put Muur above them and not, you know, his own power.

Arcann tanked his Force Lightning Storm, without needing to achieve Oneness to even compete, unlike Marek:

Arcann's feat was addressed above. Galen was not in Oneness at the time he shielded himself against the Force lightning generated by himself and Palpatine.

Which is confirmed here:

Your attempts to lie/mislead have been noted yet again.

The novel specifically has Galen going into Oneness only AFTER he'd already dropped his Force defenses.

"No!" the apprentice cried, DROPPING HIS DEFENSES to strike one last time at the Imperials. Energy surged through him. He felt as though a star had blazed to life in his chest. Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child. His nerves were on fire. Streamers of light radiated from his skin. His bones glowed like radiant lava.

He saw rather than felt the massive shock wave that consumed a large portion of what remained of the observation dome. A glowing bubble of fire tore the stormtroopers to shreds and engulfed Vader and the Emperor. Shrapnel filled the air like dust caught in the beam of the Death Star's powerful laser.

Tossed like a leaf, the Rogue Shadow fled in haste, ramp snapping shut on its precious cargo." - The Force Unleashed.

Yet Chained!Vaylin is confirmed to be more powerful than Arcann by some degree:

It's not to some degree. It's to an unknown/unmentioned degree.

Far before, as I mentioned, Vaylin's powers vastly grew due to the events of Nathema.

Is your ass sore enough yet or do you want me to go deeper?

https://pics.me.me/when-you-start-going-harder-and-she-yells-harder-daddy-3621568.png

Don't worry. I hear performance issues are common amongst the handicapped. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Aw, you thought he was going to save you.

Nah. I just trust the word of a guy who's never lied on an internet forum ( LMFAO who does that? ) more then someone who has. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Whilst in the BRAIN her power is so strong that it's stated she would die and destroy the entire Asylum as a result of her power. Hence them hiding in Valkorion's tree house, the only place capable of withstanding it. Then she goes to her ship in outer orbit and overloads the entire system with her Force power, a system designed specifically for controlling Force power, and ends up levelling the place. To 'ash' as she put it.

Your memories are off.

I explicitly recall Vaylin destroying BRAIN, which caused some sort of power overload (Theron noted that "power readings were spiking," and as a result "the whole place was gonna blow."wink She destroyed BRAIN under her own power (immensely impressive feat,) but she didn't destroy the entire sanitarium under her power alone.

Her power destroying the entire asylum could just be referring to it overloading BRAIN and causing its destruction. For what it's worth, we don't actually see the entire sanatorium blow up either.

deathslash
Team two takes the majority with difficulty.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm still gonna go with Team 1 here, as I feel Vaylin has the feats and hype to be the MVP here regardless of whether or not she destroyed the entire Sanitarium. Arcann can also certainly contend with Marek.

godemperortrump
I hate Arcann but he's still > Marek

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The argument can certainly be made, yeah. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by godemperortrump
I hate Arcann but he's still > Marek

No he's not.

Rockydonovang
She didn't?

NewGuy01
IIRC she just wrecked a machine core, like Exal Kressh did, and that caused the entire facility to blow.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
She destroyed BRAIN, (which is still an incredibly impressive feat, given the circumstances,) which set off a chain reaction.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
IIRC she just wrecked a machine core, like Exal Kressh did, and that caused the entire facility to blow.
So what has she done that puts her above Vader again?

Rockydonovang
She destroyed BRAIN, (which is still an incredibly impressive feat, given the circumstances,) which set off a chain reaction.
how big is BRAIN

Fated Xtasy
That's about as likely as the Caedus RT.
Sickest burn I've ever seen on KMC lmao

BlueTiger1144
Marek>Arcann.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by BlueTiger1144
Marek>Arcann.
make a case if you would

UCanShootMyNova
He doesn't need to. Marek has better feats, scaling and hype if you go for that sort of thing.

Rockydonovang
He doesn't need to. Marek has better feats, scaling and hype if you go for that sort of thing.
how are Marek's feats better? How does he have superior hype?

UCanShootMyNova
Marek's feats are better because they are are measurably superior when you apply basic mathematics.

Marek's hype is better because he's literally stated to be the photo negative of Luke Skywalker and what Luke would have become had he been trained by Vader for over a decade.

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force." - Insider 100.

Rockydonovang
Marek's feats are better because they are are measurably superior when you apply basic mathematics.

Wanna be more specific?
Marek's hype is better because he's literally stated to be the photo negative of Luke Skywalker and what Luke would have become had he been trained by Vader for over a decade.
"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force." - Insider 100.
Yea, given the game notes Marek only had potentially Sidious level potential and Luke has Sidious+ potential, I'm not taking that to literally mean he has potential on par with the dude who can call the force grandpa. erm

More importantly, that's potential which we know Marek never came close to achieving because he didn't even get on to Sidious's level.

UCanShootMyNova
Wanna be more specific?

I don't need to be. Pick any of his high end feats and they trump Vaylin's. I just went over this with AP. If you believe Vaylin has a superior feat then bring it up and we can compare them.

Yea, given the game notes Marek only had potentially Sidious level potential

Can you show me the quote that states this? Because the game literally has Sidious say "You could have been my successor." When he continues on to say "my equal" he's referring to the station as Emperor of the Galactic Empire. Even if we go with your interpretation that's an author statement vs a statement from an in universe character. One of those is more relevant then the other.

More importantly, that's potential which we know Marek never came close to achieving because he didn't even get on to Sidious's level.

I'm saying that being the "photo negative of Luke Skywalker" who would have been what Luke would've become had he been trained by Vader for over a decade is better hype then Vaylin being the daughter of an entity and having her powers suppressed for most of her life.

FreshestSlice
Team 2.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You think Arcann is that bad?

FreshestSlice
There is more to fighting, especially in a team, than how great you think the combatants are or how flashy their showings are.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>flashy
>TFU characters

Kek.

AncientPower
Apologies for my absence, had a flood at my place so electricity has been a no go. I'll work on my reply today.

Rockydonovang
Wanna be more specific?

I don't need to be. Pick any of his high end feats and they trump Vaylin's. I just went over this with AP. If you believe Vaylin has a superior feat then bring it up and we can compare them.

-> Vaylin tearing apart multiple ships
-> Vaylin destroying BRAIN from orbit

Can you show me the quote that states this? Because the game literally has Sidious say "You could have been my successor." When he continues on to say "my equal" he's referring to the station as Emperor of the Galactic Empire. Even if we go with your interpretation that's an author statement vs a statement from an in universe character. One of those is more relevant then the other.

The problem here is you're assuming that being what Luke would have become would mean he would have become exactly like Luke. Becoming what Luke would have become can refer to becoming an extremely powerful force user at a young age. You're baselessly assuming that means they would have become as powerful. It's much like Lucas stating that Luke would become what Anakin could have been despite Anakin having father tier potential, and Luke being stomped on by Abeloth.

Rockydonovang
You think Arcann is that bad? Or maybe Vader's that good? erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I know his opinion on Vaylin well enough that he has to believe Arcann is that bad for team 2 to win. thumb up

Rockydonovang
I know his opinion on Vaylin well enough that he has to believe Arcann is that bad for team 2 to win. thumb up
He also has a really high opinion of Galen

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not above Vader. Unlike Vaylin.

UCanShootMyNova
-> Vaylin tearing apart multiple ships
-> Vaylin destroying BRAIN from orbit

-> Galen guiding the decent of an Imperial Star Destroyer.
-> Galen destroying the supports of an orbital superstructure.
-> Galen buckling docking stations with a Force push.
-> Galen's Force lightning powering an energy blast that destroyed a superstructure that dwarfed ISD's.

The problem here is you're assuming that being what Luke would have become would mean he would have become exactly like Luke. Becoming what Luke would have become can refer to becoming an extremely powerful force user at a young age. You're baselessly assuming that means they would have become as powerful. It's much like Lucas stating that Luke would become what Anakin could have been despite Anakin having father tier potential, and Luke being stomped on by Abeloth.

I would actually agree that your stance is a valid interpretation if not for the part of the quote that states the apprentice is the "photo negative" of Luke Skywalker. When it's literally saying the apprentice is Luke's equal and opposite prior to saying he was what Luke would've become had he been trained by Vader, that doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation.

Rockydonovang
Not above Vader. Unlike Vaylin.
I thought I've seen him argue Galen>Vader before

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Doesn't sound like him.

Rockydonovang
-> Galen guiding the decent of an Imperial Star Destroyer.
-> Galen destroying the supports of an orbital superstructure.
-> Galen buckling docking stations with a Force push.
-> Galen's Force lightning powering an energy blast that destroyed a superstructure that dwarfed ISD's.

Hmm, aight I'll leave it to Skillz to argue something something scaling. I vaguely recall their being some circumstance or something with the star destroyer showing but I'll leave that to someone else. His feats seem better than Vaylin's now, especially given she didn't actually destroy the entire sanitarioum.

Starkiller is a photnegative because he has a similar path to Luke but unlike Luke is a darksider. Not because he's an exact replica of the force's grandson.

UCanShootMyNova
Hmm, aight I'll leave it to Skillz to argue something something scaling. I vaguely recall their being some circumstance or something with the star destroyer showing but I'll leave that to someone else. His feats seem better than Vaylin's now, especially given she didn't actually destroy the entire sanitarioum.

Starkiller is a photnegative because he has a similar path to Luke but unlike Luke is a darksider. Not because he's an exact replica of the force's grandson.

Cool.

The entire interview is in regards to Galen's potential though and his story isn't all that similar to Luke's... I just don't see it. Regardless of how you interpret it though, having the potential to surpass Sidious, which the article stats unequivocally, is better then any hype Vaylin has. Especially since Galen's undergone intense training for over a decade while Vaylin has had her power restrained for most of her life ( they're around the same age as well ).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well I mean, yeah, regardless of the sanatorium, she still gets ridiculous scaling from earlier incarnations from the protags + her insane feats (while Chained) throughout KOTFE and KOTET.

UCanShootMyNova
I agree. She's very comparable to Galen as a Force user at her peak. Her dueling ability is lacking though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I agree. She's very comparable to Galen as a Force user at her peak. Her dueling ability is lacking though.

1. I'm fine with this, given you have Galen above peak Vader, as I recall.

2. Not necessarily. Pre-being unchained, she's essentially stalemating Arcann in sabers.

UCanShootMyNova
1. Indeed.

2. She still possesses greater raw power then him by that point, does she not?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
2. Yeah, but she then would increase even further after becoming Unchained. She also defeats the Outlander in Chapter 3 (Chained) of KOTET, for what it's worth.

UCanShootMyNova
2. Noice.

Rockydonovang
Vader scales off a superior version of Marek and off someone who can compete with ROTS Sidious and hence takes either Marek or Vaylin.

Stop slandering the name James Earl Jones mad

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. Rocky's ploy failed and now he's getting triggered. xD

Rockydonovang
Lmao. Rocky's ploy failed and now he's getting triggered. xD mad mad mad mad mad

What ploy btw? If I'm going to be triggered, it would be nice to know why.

UCanShootMyNova
Trying to set Skillz and me against each other. smile

Rockydonovang
Trying to set Skillz and me against each other. smile
Yep. that was it.
I'm triggered now:
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

FreshestSlice
>flashy
>TFU characters

Kek.
Who said I wasn't talking about TFU? Regardless, Arcann and Vaylin aren't team players. They're legit detrimental to each other, and while we can argue about raw power for days, the actual combat feats of Team 2 far out way those in Team 1. Unless you think the Outlander is literally a god, which is probably true, Team 2 is outclassed here as far as combat ability goes.

DarthDuelist9
Team 2.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Unless you think the Outlander is literally a god, which is probably true,

Which is my point.

slayne
Where do you hold the Outlander, Skillz?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Below Vaylin, above Arcann.

carthage
Team 2 every time

SK would clown Arcann

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.